Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

..the Best Place To Pay Tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe (2787 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
thorpido: Your opinions.Everyone got one.

Not my opinion but incontrovertible bible based facts and doctrines in an untwisted format unlike what you have in your church were the gospel is merchandized.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Not my opinion but incontrovertible bible based facts and doctrines in an untwisted format unlike what you have in your church were the gospel is merchandized.
I could choose to prove my 'facts' that the bible itself is controvertible.Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.How do you prove to me that Jesus died and rose the third day?
I still maintain it's your line of belief.Anyone can choose what side to fall on.
Jacob gave tithe to God not because anyone forced him or quoted a law.He did it of faith.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by nora544: 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
thorpido: I could choose to prove my 'facts' that the bible itself is controvertible.Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.How do you prove to me that Jesus died and rose the third day?
I still maintain it's your line of belief.Anyone can choose what side to fall on.
Jacob gave tithe to God not because anyone forced him or quoted a law.He did it of faith.

Please show me where it is written that jacob gave tithe to God!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
nora544:

Please show me where it is written that jacob gave tithe to God!!!!!!!!!!!
Genesis 28:22.You can read the whole chapter to have a better understanding.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by nora544: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
thorpido: Genesis 28:22.You can read the whole chapter to have a better understanding.
since when is jews law for christian!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
nora544:
since when is jews law for christian!!!!!!!!!!!
Faith is a Jewish law? sad
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Unfortunately you don't have any point, I have in the last seven years on this forum countered every single pro tithe argument and torn them to shreds. Let's just say I am tired of repeating myself.

so whats ur position on tithe @Pastor Kunle?
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
wealthinfos:

tithing in christianity is A BIG FRAUD, INFACT, THE BIGEST IN HUMAN HISTORY!!!!!!
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
the. right place to pay ur tithe is the church. dnt think for God, emphasis or not, d bible is clear and it likens disobiedience to witchcraft. thank you
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
christemmbassey: tithing in christianity is A BIG FRAUD, INFACT, THE BIGEST IN HUMAN HISTORY!!!!!!

Pls expanciate more. Thnks
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: Genesis 28:22.You can read the whole chapter to have a better understanding.

There is NO where in that chapter that stated that Jacob gave a tithe, expect you want to twist a conditional promise by Jacob to tithe to mean he actually tithed.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2014
wealthinfos:

My position is that tithes as it is preached today is derived from a fraudulent manipulation of scripture and then mis applied to christians who have no business observing it as they are not under the law.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

There is NO where in that chapter that stated that Jacob gave a tithe, expect you want to twist a conditional promise by Jacob to tithe to mean he actually tithed.
If the bible records in Gen 28:22 that he made a vow to give a tenth of his possessions to God,you don't think he did it.......common!
Anyway,like I said,people have different schools of belief and that is why we have many denominations in Christianity.It's okay to stick with your own side.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: If the bible records in Gen 28:22 that he made a vow to give a tenth of his possessions to God,you don't think he did it.......common!
Anyway,like I said,people have different schools of belief and that is why we have many denominations in Christianity.It's okay to stick with your own side.

You are still assuming that he tithed cause the bible does not state so. That aside tithing was a pagan custom in babylonia were Abraham came from. It makes sense that Abraham tithed as a result of the custom of his people as his tithe was not instructed by God. If in doubt, you may wish to Google 'babylonian tithe'
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

You are still assuming that he tithed cause the bible does not state so. That aside tithing was a pagan custom in babylonia were Abraham came from. It makes sense that Abraham tithed as a result of the custom of his people as his tithe was not instructed by God. If in doubt, you may wish to Google 'babylonian tithe'
Tithing was a pagan custom yet Moses made it a law for the children of Israel?He instructed them to follow a pagan custom?Hear yourself.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: Tithing was a pagan custom yet Moses made it a law for the children of Israel?He instructed them to follow a pagan custom?Hear yourself.

That's the bitter truth, tithing started with babylonian and Egyptian pagans. If in doubt, Google is your friend.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

That's the bitter truth, tithing started with babylonian and Egyptian pagans. If in doubt, Google is your friend.
Pagan custom and God let Moses make it a law for the children of Israel?
Don't let us drag this further.It's ok to stick to your position.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: Pagan custom and God let Moses make it a law for the children of Israel?
Don't let us drag this further.It's ok to stick to your position.

Truth is bitter but that is the incontrovertible fact. cool
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

Truth is bitter but that is the incontrovertible fact. cool
My truth or your truth?
By the way,fact and truth are not the same.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: My truth or your truth?
By the way,fact and truth are not the same.

Meanwhile I want you to read deut 14:22-29 and compare the tithing instructed by God there to the fraudulent man made version preached in churches today.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

Meanwhile I want you to read deut 14:22-29 and compare the tithing instructed by God there to the fraudulent man made version preached in churches today.
I read that portion and it was the instruction God gave the children of Israel through Moses.We are not under the law of Moses so that instruction does not apply to Christians.
I do not follow the tithing doctrine preached by any church.I follow the examples of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob who understood principles of faith and how to apply it.
What you are against is that Christians should not follow the law of tithing as established in the old testament and I agree with you on that.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: I read that portion and it was the instruction God gave the children of Israel through Moses.We are not under the law of Moses so that instruction does not apply to Christians.
I do not follow the tithing doctrine preached by any church.I follow the examples of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob who understood principles of faith and how to apply it.
What you are against is that Christians should not follow the law of tithing as established in the old testament and I agree with you on that.
we are looking for comedians @carnival Calabar2014, u'i make plenty money if u apply.

2 Likes

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
christemmbassey: we are looking for comedians @carnival Calabar2014, u'i make plenty money if u apply.
You can't pay me.I deal with the big guns.Popcorn is all you have to offer.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by modhream: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
christemmbassey: we are looking for comedians @carnival Calabar2014, u'i make plenty money if u apply.
Like seriously,the guy is an awesome contortionist.
@OP,there's no obligation to tithe for a true Christian but if u want an effective utilization of that which u purpose in your heart to give,the best place is Charity.
"Whatsoever you do to these,the least of my brothers,that you do unto me"
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
thorpido: I read that portion and it was the instruction God gave the children of Israel through Moses.We are not under the law of Moses so that instruction does not apply to Christians.

Apart from the fact that there is nowhere in the bible that Isaac is associated with tithes, since when did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob become examples for Christians to follow As Christians we follow christ and nobody else.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by dorox(m): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
What would people not say to protect their source of income? Look for a job and repent from using God's name to defraud people.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

Apart from the fact that there is nowhere in the bible that Isaac is associated with tithes, since when did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob become examples for Christians to follow As Christians we follow christ and nobody else.
Yea we follow Christ.How come Jesus Christ referred to the prophets when he taught the Jews?How come the bible speaks of us being the seeds of Abraham?
Like i said,I won't want to drag this further.Your comments only show holes in your knowledge of scriptures.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
dorox:
What would people not say to protect there source of income? Look for a job and repent from using God's name to defraud people.
I am not in any way in a position to obtain tithes neither am i involved in the use of church funds.I work with the ministry of health.
Your comment above shows intellectual laziness.You should be more concerned with passing your jamb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up / The Making Of The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (photos) / My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.