Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

14 + 1 Religious Lies.... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... (2140 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Religious Lies Created By Preachers To Make You Guilty. / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

The question, I imagine, would be: how do you know that they are Jesus' words. Whether something has inconsistencies or not does not depend on who said them. If on reading them you find that they have inconsistencies, according to the basic rules of Logical rigour, then you just have to accept that. You can't that becos Jesus said it then it is consistent even if it is actually inconsistent. That's like saying the sky is yellow cos the holy authority said so and it doesn't matter what your eyes tell you.

What is the question//// where are you comin from
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
What is the question//// where are you comin from

how do you know that they are Jesus' words?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

how do you know that they are Jesus' words?

which words now... the Gospels according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

if that... i believe it

What do you believe
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
`I NEED A BOYFRIEND!!!
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
which words now... the Gospels according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
if that... i believe it
What do you believe

So in Jesus' words Jesus said, 'Jesus said .... verily verily ... he who has ears to hear'. If they were just Jesus' words then there would be no need to quote Jesus within them, they are all quotations of Jesus.

Anyway... that was not the core of what I was saying. My question was on the matter of inconsistencies. If something has inconsistencies then it has inconsistencies full stop. If you ascribe it to Jesus and then say in spite of the obvious inconsistencies it has no inconsistencies because Jesus said so then your logic is faulty.

Whether Jesus said the entire contents of Matthew Mark Luke etc or not has not bearing on whether or not the Gospels are inconsistent.

and for the record, the gospels are inconsistent as an historical accounts.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Austeenx: `I NEED A BOYFRIEND!!!

If your standards are low enough I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding one on NL.

2 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

If your standards are low enough I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding one on NL.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

`Be my boyfriend.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi: El Boo, He called me out upon the waters, the great unknown, where feet may fail. And there I find him in the Mystery, in oceans deep, my faith will stand, I will call upon his name and keep my eyes above. When oceans rise, my soul will rest in his embrace. I am His and He is Mine.------- That's a line from one of my best hits ever, though I've personalized it. Thank You El.....I may not be questing for truth (so to speak), I'll keep your advice close to my heart smiley kiss

Hollering at the church dont make you any more of a christian than standing in a garage makes you a cadillacā® cheesy

No one is perfect, Guapo the motivator here is even a sinner.

Just do what you have to do and do it right, It's your decision. I'm certainly not in the right position to make your choice for you. kiss
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 12:12am On Jul 23, 2014
PastorAIO:

So in Jesus' words Jesus said, 'Jesus said .... verily verily ... he who has ears to hear'. If they were just Jesus' words then there would be no need to quote Jesus within them, they are all quotations of Jesus.

Anyway... that was not the core of what I was saying. My question was on the matter of inconsistencies. If something has inconsistencies then it has inconsistencies full stop. If you ascribe it to Jesus and then say in spite of the obvious inconsistencies it has no inconsistencies because Jesus said so then your logic is faulty.

Whether Jesus said the entire contents of Matthew Mark Luke etc or not has not bearing on whether or not the Gospels are inconsistent.

and for the record, the gospels are inconsistent as an historical accounts.

So what do you believe
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 1:08am On Jul 23, 2014
pickabeau1:

So what do you believe

What I believe has no bearing on the topic at hand. I get asked that question at least 2ce a week on NL. I'm going to open a thread soon called 'MY BELIEFS' and then if another person asks me I'll just refer them to that thread. But for the here and now just take this little belief.... :

The Gospels Are Inconsistent As Historical Records.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 1:10am On Jul 23, 2014
PastorAIO:

What I believe has no bearing on the topic at hand. I get asked that question at least 2ce a week on NL. I'm going to open a thread soon called 'MY BELIEFS' and then if another person asks me I'll just refer them to that thread. But for the here and now just take this little belief.... :

The Gospels Are Inconsistent As Historical Records.

I will be interested in your thread..
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 1:26am On Jul 23, 2014
pickabeau1:

I will be interested in your thread..

Okay, maybe that will give me the motivation to do it soon. In the meanwhile I'm trying to make some expositions here:
https://www.nairaland.com/524398/religious-practices
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2014
MizMyColi

What I infer from your belief is the fact that you prefer seeking God personally to reading the Word of God, right?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2014
torchwave: MizMyColi

What I infer from your belief is the fact that you prefer seeking God personally to reading the Word of God, right?
If by word of God, you mean bible, yes.[Though I don't consider the bible - "THE WORD OF GOD"] I quote scriptures and they are a huge blessing to me, however, I find that the zeal to study the "word" has unconsciously left me. The zeal I have now is to KNOW THE WORD......for in the beginning was the word, this word was with God and the word was God - Jesus. Hope that answers your question? smiley
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2014
MizMyColi: If by word of God, you mean bible, yes.[Though I don't consider the bible - "THE WORD OF GOD"] I quote scriptures and they are a huge blessing to me, however, I find that the zeal to study the "word" has unconsciously left me. The zeal I have now is to KNOW THE WORD......for in the beginning was the word, this word was with God and the word was God - Jesus. Hope that answers your question? smiley
Yes it does perfectly. But if you don't consider the Bible as the Word of God, how would you recognize the voice of Jesus since He would never say anything that is contrary to His Word. Have you thought about that?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
torchwave: Yes it does perfectly. But if you don't consider the Bible as the Word of God, how would you recognize the voice of Jesus since He would never say anything that is contrary to His Word. Have you thought about that?
He lives in me, and I in Him...."My sheep know my voice and they follow". One thing though, the early christians did not have the bible as we do today, and I'm pretty sure that not all of them met Jesus, so how did they know his "voice"..... While I don't dispute that there are actually people who hear God, more oft than not, the "voice" we think of as the voice of God are just voices in our head. God speaks to me, yes....but I've become humble enough to accept that I've never actually heard him audibly or even in my mind. Yet, when he speaks to my spirit through other means, I know he has and I obey/act on it. I've never regretted. God cannot be boxed in a bible....that's idolatory. I trust his spirit to guide me in the best paths....no one puts their trust in God, NOT the bible and is ever misled. That is not to say the bible is bad.......Its the best and most life transforming book I've ever read, through the lenses of the holy spirit. When I'm led to, I will not hesitate to pick it up again. wink
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by uzolexis(f): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2014
MizMyColi: He lives in me, and I in Him...."My sheep know my voice and they follow". One thing though, the early christians did not have the bible as we do today, and I'm pretty sure that not all of them met Jesus, so how did they know his "voice"..... While I don't dispute that there are actually people who hear God, more oft than not, the "voice" we think of as the voice of God are just voices in our head. God speaks to me, yes....but I've become humble enough to accept that I've never actually heard him audibly or even in my mind. Yet, when he speaks to my spirit through other means, I know he has and I obey/act on it. I've never regretted. God cannot be boxed in a bible....that's idolatory. I trust his spirit to guide me in the best paths....no one puts their trust in God, NOT the bible and is ever misled. That is not to say the bible is bad.......Its the best and most life transforming book I've ever read, through the lenses of the holy spirit. When I'm led to, I will not hesitate to pick it up again. wink

i can see you have undergone spiritual transformation grin grin

now let's get personal,how's Nnemeka? i've not seen or hrd from him in ages,do you have his contact?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 9:27am On Jul 24, 2014
MizMyColi: He lives in me, and I in Him...."My sheep know my voice and they follow". One thing though, the early christians did not have the bible as we do today, and I'm pretty sure that not all of them met Jesus, so how did they know his "voice"..... While I don't dispute that there are actually people who hear God, more oft than not, the "voice" we think of as the voice of God are just voices in our head. God speaks to me, yes....but I've become humble enough to accept that I've never actually heard him audibly or even in my mind. Yet, when he speaks to my spirit through other means, I know he has and I obey/act on it. I've never regretted. God cannot be boxed in a bible....that's idolatory. I trust his spirit to guide me in the best paths....no one puts their trust in God, NOT the bible and is ever misled. That is not to say the bible is bad.......Its the best and most life transforming book I've ever read, through the lenses of the holy spirit. When I'm led to, I will not hesitate to pick it up again. wink
MizMyColi, all you said is just wrong, especially the bolded. I don't want to go further than this because I dislike sermonising tones. However, be certain it is very very dangerous to fight the good fight of Faith without the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of God. It is suicidal at the least.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: MizMyColi, all you said is just wrong, especially the bolded. I don't want to go further than this because I dislike sermonising tones. However, be certain it is very very dangerous to fight the good fight of Faith without the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of God. It is suicidal at the least.
So, which of the versions exactly is the word and sword of the spirit, is it the protestant 66 books or the catholic 81 books or the septuagint version or the deuterocanonicals and so many other variations of scriptures out there. I assert that the only word of truth I know is Jesus and there are so many ways he reveals himself to his own, if he chooses the bible or any other spirit inspired manuscript or book.......why not?! It might interest you to know that Peter, Paul, that Eunuch and many first century Christians didn't have the bible, so, what was their sword of the spirit and word of God back then? smiley

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
MizMyColi: So, which of the versions exactly is the word and sword of the spirit, is it the protestant 66 books or the catholic 81 books or the septuagint version or the deuterocanonicals and so many other variations of scriptures out there. I assert that the only word of truth I know is Jesus and there are so many ways he reveals himself to his own, if he chooses the bible or any other spirit inspired manuscript or book.......why not?! It might interest you to know that Peter, Paul, that Eunuch and many first century Christians didn't have the bible, so, what was their sword of the spirit and word of God back then? smiley
So which Jesus are we talking about here? Which of the books did you learn about Jesus? Did you hear about Him from a Pastor? What version of the Word of God does that Pastor read?

Like I said earlier, it may not have been called the Bible then but they had the Words of Jesus as well as the letters of the Apostles to the churches. The only difference is that they were later gathered into one whole book and called the Bible. No doubt, they had the same authority as from God as they still do today.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: So which Jesus are we talking about here? Which of the books did you learn about Jesus? Did you hear about Him from a Pastor? What version of the Word of God does that Pastor read?

Like I said earlier, it may not have been called the Bible then but they had the Words of Jesus as well as the letters of the Apostles to the churches. The only difference is that they were later gathered into one whole book and called the Bible. No doubt, they had the same authority as from God as they still do today.
See! not all of them had the words of Jesus, but they sure had the holy spirit, not the bible to guide them into ALL TRUTH. It might also interest you to know that the apostles' letters were written to a particular group of people like - The church in Corinth, the Romans, the church in Philipines etc......are you now saying that the letters were distributed throughout the whole world at the time? One More Thing, In as much as I've greatly benefited from Apostle Paul and John's preaching, please and please and please......how on earth do their letters or the book of Acts qualify as the word of God?!

I may not reply your quote anymore, you may understand why here --> (https://www.nairaland.com/1827221/17-things-people-report-shedding), but just so you know:

Though the bible contains God's words to his people of a particular age (which remains the same forever), though the bible contains life changing, devil defeating quotes - It is not The Word of God. Jesus Christ is. "For in the beginning was the word, the word was with God, the word was God. This word that is of God is Jesu Chrsiti. grin
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hey, did not mean to get you peeved or something, just offering a friendly word. Christ will meet us wherever we are.

This is me exit cue...
smiley

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
@Torchwave, the fact that I knew about Jesus from the bible doesn't mean I should place the bible above him (which is what I literally did). Besides, there is a big difference between "Knowing about Jesus and Knowing Jesus". The bible can help you pretty much when it comes to the former, but as for the latter, only the holy spirit can and that's the aim of a progressive christian wink
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: Hey, did not mean to get you peeved or something, just offering a friendly word. Christ will meet us wherever we are.

This is me exit cue...
smiley
Lmao...... cheesy cheesy I sounded angry/peeved, right?
Believe me, I wasn't. It's why I had to take down the fonts and characters I used.
I just wish someone gets me, I wouldn't be surprised if in long run, it is ultimately discovered that we're saying the same thing. The only culprit then would be ENGLISH.

Thanks for your time btw wink
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by torchwave: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
MizMyColi: Lmao...... cheesy cheesy I sounded angry/peeved, right?
Believe me, I wasn't. It's why I had to take down the fonts and characters I used.
I just wish someone gets me, I wouldn't be surprised if in long run, it is ultimately discovered that we're saying the same thing. The only culprit then would be ENGLISH.

Thanks for your time btw wink
Lol @ ENGLISH being the culprit behind misunderstanding. Perhaps.

I really commend your desire to know God personally. I am also on the same journey to know Jesus but my map, without which I'm lost, is the Word of God.

That is where I'm coming from, that is where I'm going...I understand you perfectly.

You're welcome, and thank you for yours.

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2019
I LOVE YOU!
- GOD.
MizMyColi:
No I'm not. Though my posts sound very christianese.......it might interest you to know that I no longer qualify as a Christian wink. I admit though, that I'm a very spiritual being grin

For now, I don't fit in anywhere. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Books Writing By Pastor David Ibiyeomie Get Acopy Now Call 08151037043 / What Was People Reaction When You Told Them About Your Belief As An Atheist / Help Save My Wife And Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.