Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects (10571 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria / Zip Codes For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

really? when first class and 2.1 graduates of engineering failed the [size=58pt]WAEC[/size] nlng trainee test, i wonder who passed?
I did, bro; but not only I, several others too and we have since taken stage 2 test which is SHL based. However, let me hasten to point out that sheer grace was what made the difference and we have only God to thank for our successes thus far.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by datguru: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by poiZon: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
i fit swear no be amaechi talk this one.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
It is all good brother. I think the Nigerian market will fizzle out if the government doesn't do something fast. Already, the US has stopped importing oil from Nigeria. Asia is the new market for our LNG and oil. Western Canada (British Columbia), East Africa and the United States Gulf Coast are three of the geographic centers of the coming wave of LNG expansion and if Nigeria just sits there, we will be 'drinking' our gas.

alotofgrace:

was it that guy dat left 10mins into the exam or the lady that was shading some 2 boxes per question? common men. anyways who don cross don cross.

back to the matter, what could be the issue with LNG? they recently awarded cash in billions to Universities... this shouldnt be happening now because the Asian markets had earlier shown interest in the north american supply

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by satowind(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Apc there is God oh
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by alotofgrace(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: It is all good brother. I think the Nigerian market will fizzle out if the government doesn't do something fast. Already, the US has stopped importing oil from Nigeria. Asia is the new market for our LNG and oil. Western Canada (British Columbia), East Africa and the United States Gulf Coast are three of the geographic centers of the coming wave of LNG expansion and if Nigeria just sits there, we will be 'drinking' our gas.

bro i wont lie to u.... as i dey so, my compass is point the canadian meridian come nxt yr
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Stupid propaganda from miserable people, how did the PIB affect OKLNG? The minister Proposed a DSO for Gas, wetin concern OKLNG with Madueke's thoughtless DSO?
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
emk4lif: Brass LNG should come on stream by 2017 while Chevron's Escravos Gas To Liquid and Bonny LNG are all also doing quite well, Olokola LNG is however a dead project, both the govt and the IOCs have basically pulled out.
If only NASS would pass the PIB and reverse the trend of major IOCs increasingly divesting from Nigeria. Virtually all the major projects are on hold due to policy instability .

you political maggots should just shut the fvck up! what has "PIB" got to do with your inability to expand your local capacity in gas production?
The PIB actually hinders it truth be told, once the Govt fails in the industry, the maggots will shout "PIB" meanwhile nobody knows jack what the silly document is talking about.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by vanstanzy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigeria reeks of mismanagement in all quaters. I have already said it that this PIBill wont be signed by this govt thats so engrossed in 2015 politicking. This is going to be a huge lose to Nigeria, but who care?
Long live 2015 elections!
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
vanstanzy: Nigeria reeks of mismanagement in all quaters. I have already said it that this PIBill wont be signed by this govt thats so engrossed in 2015 politicking. This is going to be a huge lose to Nigeria, but who care?
Long live 2015 elections!

If you understood that PIB ie if you ever read it, you wont wish it to be signed, Madueke deserves a jail term for the PIB if jo has sense
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Best of luck man.

alotofgrace:

bro i wont lie to u.... as i dey so, my compass is point the canadian meridian come nxt yr
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by sylve11: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
emk4lif: Brass LNG should come on stream by 2017 while Chevron's Escravos Gas To Liquid and Bonny LNG are all also doing quite well, Olokola LNG is however a dead project, both the govt and the IOCs have basically pulled out.
If only NASS would pass the PIB and reverse the trend of major IOCs increasingly divesting from Nigeria. Virtually all the major projects are on hold due to policy instability .

U r on point. cool
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by ablyguy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'll push the bill but in order for me to do that, I need your votes here www.nairaland.com/1823312/votes-needed
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by davide470(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Phonon: It is all good brother. I think the Nigerian market will fizzle out if the government doesn't do something fast. Already, the US has stopped importing oil from Nigeria. Asia is the new market for our LNG and oil. Western Canada (British Columbia), East Africa and the United States Gulf Coast are three of the geographic centers of the coming wave of LNG expansion and if Nigeria just sits there, we will be 'drinking' our gas.

Nice view, but you need to understand the polity of the matter. The City of Hiroshima consume in equivalent variance; cubic metres of gas in dynamic proportion from Train 1 - Train 4.. There's always market for it, hence the attitude portrayed by the government. Interests are at stake if there's no market, so all efforts are being put in place for there to be a market till 2097.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
BusinessDayNg2: As the delay in reaching the [size=18pt]final investment decision (FID) for the triad of Olokola Liquefied Natural Gas (OKLNG), Brass LNG and Train 7 projects[/size] continues, Nigeria risks losing a big chunk of the high-demand Asian LNG markets as competition from other exporters grows.
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/time-running-out-for-nigerias-lng-projects/#.U85vDWbTXMI

Nigeri's biggest problem is that we play politics in everything including FID. We, as a nation shouldn't be where we are today if the right people, are in the right positions, to make the right decisions. For instance, i've been hearing of brass LNG since 2006 but 8yrs later, we are still talking of FID!!!

BusinessDayNg2: [size=18pt]The inability to secure long-term market commitment[/size] and delay in the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) continue to constitute a major setback to the projects, BusinessDay has learnt.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/time-running-out-for-nigerias-lng-projects/#.U85vDWbTXMI

@bolded, that is a big slap on the face of the "so called" economic gurus and industry negotiators. As fas as I'm concerned, the PIB has nothing to do with the delay in the project. If we don't have capable hands on deck to secure long-term market commitment from buyers in Asia and across the globe, then we should hire foreigners and sack the lazy people sitting on those big seats that don't know their jobs. For Christ sake, it took Dangote and Indorama less than 4 years between conceptualizing a profitable downstream project (Fertilizer and refinery plants) to FID and even up to construction stage. Dangote and Indorama are not being run by spirits or deities rather, by intelligent people that are held accountable for their productivity.

Let productive people occupy those positions and we will see results. #bringbackproductivehands angry

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Strongedition: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
[ddquote author=musb92yahooco]End time[/quote]

Really?
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
I really don't understand a word of what you wrote. I guess I don't understand the polity of the matter.

davide470: Nice view, but you need to understand the polity of the matter. The City of Hiroshima consume in equivalent variance; cubic metres of gas in dynamic proportion from Train 1 - Train 4.. There's always market for it, hence the attitude portrayed by the government. Interests are at stake if there's no market, so all efforts are being put in place for there to be a market till 2097.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by gistmelove(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Batlan Concept Interiors and Exteriors limited. The company was formed to provide general importation, sales and supplies of building materials.
Such as: High Quality stone coated stone tile roofing sheet,Doors,Security doors,Aluminum roofing step tile and long span,We have all this product in different colors and gauge with affordable prices.
1.) 0.55mm SOUTH KOREA stone coated step tile roofing sheet is =N=2,400 per square meter
2.) 0.45mm SOUTH KOREA stone coated step tile roofing sheet is =N=2,000 per square meter
ACCESSORIES:
Ridge 1 meter @ =N= 1,300
Valley Gutter @ =N= 1,300
facial cover @ =N= 1,300
Bash board cover @ =N= 1,300
Treated anti rust nails @ =N= 1,000 Per kg
Repair kit @ =N= 5,000
Installation per square meter =N= 200
ALUMINUM Roof step tile
0.55mm aluminum roofing =N=1,300 Per square meter
0.45mm aluminum roofing =N=1,200 Per square meter
We have available means of transportation..but the bill will from your side.
THANK
Ayyub
Call 08085310359
Price:# 2,000.00
HEAD OFFICE Address:SUIT 11/12 QUEEN SHOPPING PLAZA SAFEWAY BUS STOP SANGOTEDO LEKKI AJAH

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by kokosheen(m): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2014

Brass FID most likely won't come till 2017, not to now talk of construction. Conoco-Phillips has also pulled out of the project and with their pullout, the technology the FEED was based on needs to be revised as its the proprietary Phillips Cascade process. To get another technology partner on board and carry out the FEED and cost estimation again would take a serious NNPC 2 years. The project is looking more dead than alive.

Chevron's GTL is different from LNG and shouldn't be mentioned here - also, FID was gotten way before this present government (ChevronTexaco Awards Major Contract for Nigerian Gas-To-Liquids Project - http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=130102&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=693582).

OKLNG is as good as dead with the present govt.

NLNG Train 7 FID should have be awarded long before now, as the cost of the project compared to Brass would be about 1/5th but giving times 2 the monetary value. This is a project that would pay itself back in less than 3 years after start-up. Seriously, politics is a b-i-t-*-h.

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2014

It wont exactly play out that way, I don't really have the time to explain it to you now, prolly later
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yes sir.

jpphilips:

It wont exactly play out that way, I don't really have the time to explain it to you now, prolly later
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

really? when first class and 2.1 graduates of engineering failed the [size=58pt]WAEC[/size] nlng trainee test, i wonder who passed?
You will be shocked at the number of people that passed the WAEC test and wrote the SHL test and you will still be surprised at the crowd that will be invited for Assessment center. Not all Nigerian graduates are blank. We still have some really brilliant guys.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by youngice(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
your signature, is it Batman returns
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
If passing the PIB is a problem and is causing delay they can as well break it down into segments and pass those that are feasible at the moment because as it stands Nigeria is loosing billions of dollars due to this delay.

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
wisemany2k:

Nigeri's biggest problem is that we play politics in everything including FID. We, as a nation shouldn't be where we are today if the right people, are in the right positions, to make the right decisions. For instance, i've been hearing of brass LNG since 2006 but 8yrs later, we are still talking of FID!!!

@bolded, that is a big slap on the face of the "so called" economic gurus and industry negotiators. As fas as I'm concerned, [b]the PIB has nothing to do with the delay in the project. If we don't have capable hands on deck to secure long-term market commitment from buyers in Asia and across the globe, then we should hire foreigners and sack the lazy people sitting on those big seats that don't know their jobs. [/b]For Christ sake, it took Dangote and Indorama less than 4 years between conceptualizing a profitable downstream project (Fertilizer and refinery plants) to FID and even up to construction stage. Dangote and Indorama are not being run by spirits or deities rather, by intelligent people that are held accountable for their productivity.

Let productive people occupy those positions and we will see results. #bringbackproductivehands angry

God bless you jare!! the rate politicians use PIB to make excuses will tell you how much juice they have there in? they cant wait to see it passed hook or crook, and knowing Nigerians who hardly read, they want to make it look like our biggest problem lies there in. This Govt is scared some of them may not be returned come 2015, hence the need to pass the bill.
Let us ask ourselves honestly, since when has the Nigerian Govt. put up exigency in any issue of national importance? Ebola is just less than a thousand miles away yet we have no federal response plan in place, ( sorry , I forgot doctors are on strike), If bombs doesn't kill a thousand, no contingencies will be put in place,
but we must pass the PIB quickly as the devil stopping our progress, Nigerian leaders are insincere thieves!!

3 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Orhu:
If passing the PIB is a problem and is causing delay they can as well break it down into segments and pass those that are feasible at the moment because as it stands Nigeria is loosing billions of dollars due to this delay.

Another Gullible Nigerian, which part of the PIB will rake in billions for Nigeria? with the Madueke's DSO for gas? I want to hear it?
loosing billions indeed!!
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by duerap: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Alexk2: My heart skiped @ the mention of OKLNG. these are huge employment generating
firms that can turn the economy of the country around in few years.
I did my 6mths SIWES there in 2009 and i'm very much aware of how
irresponsible our govt can be by not showing commitment in the best of
ideas.
OKLNG is jointly owned by SHELL(19.50%), CHEVRON(19.50%), BG(14.25%) and
NNPC(40%) but BG pulled out coz of poor commitment from the FG and
there share was shared btw NNPC and Chevron(22.74%)....unfortunately,
Shell and Cheron pulled out in 2012 and 2013 respectively for same
reason and rendering many jobless in the process. I'm aware Dangote and
other locals biz mogul are coming in to save OKLNG...pray itz true.

Same
collabo. with brass and others.

Nigeria need serious prayer from bad leadership coz our suffering isnt
because of what we dont have but greed and selfishness.

You have the facts...The so called Federal Govt is just a huge beast fighting against the territorial enclave called Nigeria.
Time and time again, reasonable citizens have advocated for resource control by federating states but those who donot understand the true meaning of Fiscal Federalism prefer to die with ethnic and political sentiments. Things will continue to be the way they are if not worse, until all nigerians begin to reason and see that true federalism is the way out of this jungle.

2 Likes

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
youngice: your signature, is it Batman returns
Nope, its a quote from Game Of Thrones made by Lord Baelish
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by MacKuro: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
The politics of natural resource management in Nigeria.... What a sorry state that we find ourselves.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Lewinskee: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

I only have one question for you. Why did you single out Engineers in your attack? I am very sure the test wasn't written only by Engineers. It's obvious you have something against them.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
This is why I hate that country's planners and leaders. They just seat there, fold their hands and let opportunity pass by. PTUI! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Reopens Alaba And Trade Fair Markets. / 14 Aba Made Products You Can Order In Large Quantity / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.