Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects (10567 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria / Zip Codes For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Alexk2(m): 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2014

duerap
You have the facts...The so called Federal Govt is just a huge beast
fighting against the territorial enclave called Nigeria.
Time and time again, reasonable citizens have advocated for resource
control by federating states but those who donot understand the true
meaning of Fiscal Federalism prefer to die with ethnic and political
sentiments. Things will continue to be the way they are if not worse,
until all nigerians begin to reason and see that true federalism is the
way out of this jungle.

thatz a very good point bt that alone wont solve our many problems in this country.
greediness, selfishness and inherent tendency to emass public wealth will still ruin the a true fiscal federalism. We have a leadership problem to deal with first and when the leaders start doing things right, the masses will follow suite either willingly or forcefully....
the change should start from me and you!

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by dypo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
emk4lif:
Nope, its a quote from Game Of Thrones made by Lord Varys

Littlefinger (Petr Baelish)

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by dypo(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Full quote.

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Samabu07(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
I served in Okpoama Brass LG of Bayelsa. LNG is within our community, We all hoped LNG would commence operations before our completion of NYSC. Sadly, the non compliance of FID has hampered operations. This lingering issue that has been prolonged over the years.
I expected OBJ, didn't sign it, late Yar'adua didn't too. GEJ an illustrious son of Bayelsa though an Ijaw man not a Nembe is yet to sign it.
Until GEJ decides to move across ethnic lines, LNG BRASS would be only on paper.
Opportunities dey waste sha...
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by fairheven: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Alexk2: My heart skiped @ the mention of OKLNG. these are huge employment generating
firms that can turn the economy of the country around in few years.
I did my 6mths SIWES there in 2009 and i'm very much aware of how
irresponsible our govt can be by not showing commitment in the best of
ideas.
OKLNG is jointly owned by SHELL(19.50%), CHEVRON(19.50%), BG(14.25%) and
NNPC(40%) but BG pulled out coz of poor commitment from the FG and
there share was shared btw NNPC and Chevron(22.74%)....unfortunately,
Shell and Cheron pulled out in 2012 and 2013 respectively for same
reason and rendering many jobless in the process. I'm aware Dangote and
other locals biz mogul are coming in to save OKLNG...pray itz true.

Same
collabo. with brass and others.

Nigeria need serious prayer from bad leadership coz our suffering isnt
because of what we dont have but greed and selfishness.
That project was politically Motivated by OBJ,was never based on economic factor,just like Ajaokuta steel.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by fairheven: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
It beats ones imagination to think the amount of gas been flaired is enof to supply those nations ,and still enof to solve our epileptic power problem.

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Alexk2(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2014

fairheven:
That
project was politically Motivated by OBJ,was never based on economic
factor,just like Ajaokuta steel.
you are wrong sir. where are your facts.
Even if that is true, then it still remain a wise decisn from him(OBJ).
The project was a wonderful idea with huge backings by all. they started
well but d problem set in since Obasanjo left due to lack of commitment.
you are also wrong with the Ajoakuta steel company....check the facts,
bro.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by addictiv(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2014
duerap:

You have the facts...The so called Federal Govt is just a huge beast fighting against the territorial enclave called Nigeria.
Time and time again, reasonable citizens have advocated for resource control by federating states but those who donot understand the true meaning of Fiscal Federalism prefer to die with ethnic and political sentiments. Things will continue to be the way they are if not worse, until all nigerians begin to reason and see that true federalism is the way out of this jungle.

Seconded
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by fairheven: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Are u aware the LNG project will be supplied gas from the Niger-delta? So it makes more economic sense to site the project in the Niger-area.
As par ajaokuta,if I start we no go Finnish today,because even federal government has not been able to Finnish.
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Still waiting for that 'explanation' that will never come.

jpphilips:

It wont exactly play out that way, I don't really have the time to explain it to you now, prolly later
Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by jpphilips(m): 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=Phonon]Still waiting for that 'explanation' that will never come.

If i remember vividly below is your post right?

Phonon: It is all good brother. I think the Nigerian market will fizzle out if the government doesn't do something fast. Already, the US has stopped importing oil from Nigeria. Asia is the new market for our LNG and oil. Western Canada (British Columbia), East Africa and the United States Gulf Coast are three of the geographic centers of the coming wave of LNG expansion and if Nigeria just sits there, we will be 'drinking' our gas.

The Nigerian market will not fizzle out completely because of the options available to us, what most Nigerians don't know is that when the US was actually buying from us, it was a mere 15% which didn't take long before India picked it up, trust me, we don't miss the yanks in that regards.
The yanks though boasting of 15mbbl/s come 2017, however possible, is not sustainable due to environmental concerns which will either stall the shale oil production, utilize it in emergency situations (scarcity or hike in oil prices) or end it completely, if that happens, the market will become viable once more.

About our gas exports, the Asian market pays but bigger concerns for industry watchers is cost of transportation due to distance, already most MOU championed by NLNG with its Asian clients have that aspect covered.
Nigeria have a window of opportunity should Russia remain obstinate, Nigeria can gain some European clients during this period, you must understand at this point that Gas is the future and opportunity abounds, personally I am so against gas export at this our level of production for the following reasons;

The power sector: Our power sector is growing and most of our generating plants are gas fired, already we are dealing with gas shortages the reason our electricity remains epileptic, pundits argue that the cost of utilizing that gas will be super expensive which I agree anyways because flared gases would have been more appropriate, but now we don't have those structures, even at that, we can still fire those gas down home.

Domestic supply: A 12.5kg canister of LPG sells for almost 5k a commodity that we flare to the tune of $2.3b annually doesn't make sense.
Even if we really want to export, we should be investing heavily in trans national pipelines which will bring on board loads of regional countries, once Nigeria can be able to guarantee a foot hold in west Africa gas supply, it wont be long before WA industries and power generating plants start relying on that which will translate to an economic fuse for our neighbors.
Could be a long term strategy but such economic canon is what Nigeria needs to be a true giant in Africa.
You will have a voice that will reshape our foreign policy, you can sanction any country that falls out of line as well.
i hope you know Ghana too is suffering power outages due to gas shortage too like Nigeria?

Finally, the market though it seems a little bleak at the moment, the future is brighter, it is just for us to position ourselves strategically to reap its benefit in the future.

Re: Time Running Out For Nigeria’s LNG Projects by Phonon: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
How many days did it take you to articulate this? Even then it..........there is no point. angry

[quote author=jpphilips][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Commonest Problems Using Aliexpress. / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 / Dangote: Africa’s Biggest Philanthropist - Eyesoflagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.