Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

ABCs Of Cake Making - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ABCs Of Cake Making (47951 Views)

Food Presentation Basics: ABCs Of Posting Food Preparation Pictures On Nairaland / Cake Making N Decoration In Abuja / Any Bakery In Abuja Capable Of Cake Home Delivery If Ordered From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
Do ensure ur eggs r enu4 as dis is a binding agent
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kelechijoan:
Plz I will like know how to how to measure ingredient for baking. Size of cakes and the right measurements of ingredients
u nid to get a good kitchen scale to measure ingredients,cake recipes usually have measurements which r important to follow,so u use ur scale for dat.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
bosunjohns:
Hi tpia1, I wanna know a very good dough mixer I can use for commercial cake making. I need something very rugged, durable and reliable. And how much does it cost? Where can I purchase it? Thanks.
ordered mine on konga.com nd it works fine
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
timok4chri:
pls what i put in cake to make it fluffy chocolate cake apart from brown power that makes it bitter. thanks
ur cake would be fluffy as long as u mix the butter very well with ur brown sugar.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by maradelkitchen(f): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kelechijoan:
Plz I will like know how to how to measure ingredient for baking. Size of cakes and the right measurements of ingredients
first you'll need a kitchen scale.for creamed sponge cake
8"by 2"pan:-) 250g flour,250g margarine,150g sugar,5 eggs,1&1/2 tsp baking powder,1/2 tsp flavour(1/4 tsp cinnamon,nutmeg,preservatives)
With this recipe you should be able to manipulate for bigger size
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
monalicious:

tnx.u tried.I'd put this in mind.one more question to the house, how do you cream ur butter to get d desired consistency? for howlong on d average do you mix?
whisk till its almost off white in colour
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by wendiescakes: 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=bobojoshua post=25152707][/quote]
sumtyms i bake by putting my pot on fire,put a baking pan turned upside down in the pot, cover till it heats up just like uld do for an oven,once hot enu4 put ur baking pan with batter inside on dat pan already in the pot ,cover the pot and immediately reduce the fire.please note that your pot has to be airtight,and try use a big pot dat can contain both pans, trust it works like magic.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by Kelechijoan(f): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
Thank you.
maradelkitchen:
first you'll need a kitchen scale.for creamed sponge cake
8"by 2"pan:-) 250g flour,250g margarine,150g sugar,5 eggs,1&1/2 tsp baking powder,1/2 tsp flavour(1/4 tsp cinnamon,nutmeg,preservatives)
With this reThomcipe you should be able to manipulate for bigger size
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by bakeuhappy: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ji
tpia1:
Is baking mix available in nigeria?

i dont believe so, but i stand corrected if wrong.

baking mix is prepackaged cake mix, however, some schools of thought feel its better to mix your cake batter from scratch instead of using store bought ones.
making mix is available at everyday supermarkets and shop rite in nigeria.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by bakeuhappy: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
tpia5:
Metallic cakes- best way to get the shine?

not an expert on this either, but from what i found, seems applying an undercoat could help.

for instance, the gold luster would be improved by applying a yellow tint to the icing/fondant first, before the metallic shine.another way is to mix your lustre with edible spirit and use a brush to brush all over your cake.keep it up ma

i have not tried this though.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by bakeuhappy: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
cynhamscakes:
Tpiah, honestly am wowed by your concern for cake lovers and bakers.

Nice thread.
yes dear I'm also wowed good job ma
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by bim5975: 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Pls how do i make my cakes fluffy
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by aderonkedeborah(f): 12:42pm On May 09, 2017
Good afternoon house pls I need recipe to make 70 pieces of meat pie. Thanks
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by bim5975: 10:14am On Jun 22, 2017
wendiescakes:
Noted
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by johnsmitthen: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
The first recipe I tried with my Mom was Cake, Unfortunately it was not so yummy in taste undecided but now I am able to make it in a perfect way.Thank you so much for this post. I am always keen to know different methods for the recipe of cake.
Re: ABCs Of Cake Making by lazygal: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
bakeuhappy:
Jimaking mix is available at everyday supermarkets and shop rite in nigeria.

A very popular shop in abuja that's what she uses and is making serious money.i wont Mention name as she will say na lie but she is making mad money from it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent.. / Recipes For The Fruitful Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.