Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: (1223 Views)

BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi / Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) / Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: by DeCleff(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
The multi bilion naira first
monorail project in the
South-South Nigeria is to
commence operations in July
2014 in Calabar, Cross River
State. Initially, the 12.5-kilometre
$34 million project as
conceived by the Donald Duke
administration was to link
Margaret Ekpo International
Airport to Tinapa in Adiabo in the outskirts of Calabar.
But considering a lull in
business activities in Tinapa,
the project had to be
redesigned and expanded to
cover most busy streets of Calabar Municipality and
Calabar-South.
Special Adviser to Governor
Liyel Imoke on Special
Projects, Mr. Clement Akwaji,
who disclosed this to reporters on a special media
tour of government projects
in the state said under the
new arrangement, the
monorail is meant to reduce
problems and cost of intra- city transportation
drastically.
He said that soon, the state
government would sign a
concession arrangement with
Globin Corporation of Canada that will fund and manage
the new monorail concept
under which the distance is
extended to 25.5 kilometres
instead of the initial
12.5kilometres. He could not give the current
cost of the project but The
Guardian gathered that
taking everything into
consideration, the new city
line would gulp not less than $80 million.
According to him, “the old
concept left out high density
area and was restricted to
Tinapa but the new concept
is a city line cutting through four stations starting from
Atimbo round about,
University of Calabar gate,
Cross River University of
Technology gate, Mbukpa and
will terminate at Tinapa”. From Anietie Akpan, Calabar,

www.efiknationalincusa.org/monorail-for-calabar-in-2014/

Calabar People howfar, any hope for the mono rail commence operation this month or this year?

N/B: i will appreciate if anyone can share photos for us to see.
Re: Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bross I don't know wht you are talking about, I'm in calabar believe me nothing has commence.
Re: Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: by kokoA(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Shey na already made mono rail ni? Dem go just go buy am come fix am gbam I guess.. July 2014! shocked I believe in miracles though.
Re: Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: by Aspireahead(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cross river is as broke as a bottle thrown from a plane....not just that..the state is merely surviving...that mono-rail was ill conceived and will not come to fruition,not in the near future.
but our sleep,sleep governor still the try sha...but am not sure the guy played politics in his university days.
Re: Calabar Mono Rail Project To Commence Operation In July 2014: by phlamingboy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
OP,na sky d mono rail dey?,coz cali wey I dey so,I no sure say plan dey for mono rail sef,were d moni to start d project

(1) (Reply)

PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike / 30 Monumental Reasons That Proves GEJ Is Clueless / Salary Of Self Serving Nigeria Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.