Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! (4358 Views)

Attributes Of The Jewish God Yahweh / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / Is The Jewish God Yahweh Really The Devil In Disguise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by alexleo(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

Sorry Sir,I don't take advice from someone who is captive to a church that almost destroyed me.

You are indeed a victim of American pentecostal brain washing and I pity you to the extent that I hope you see the light.

wink

Hahahaha the confusions continues. How does this fit into what I wrote? Was I advising you? NO. I simply reminded you what you told me and others here on nairaland some two years ago that we should stick to the scripture and Jesus and compared with what you are doing now. Did that sound like an advise?. I remember how you made so much noise about sticking to the bible and Jesus. The records are there. Sorry bros you are confirming your confused state the more.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

Do you have a bible passage that says people were justified outside God or aside Christ?

I already quoted Romans 2:14-15, though i don't understand what you mean outside God...Even when Paul preached to the greeks explained to them that what they call "an unknown god" is the creator of the heavens and the earth, try and understand that God is in the conscience of every man whether he wants to admit it or not..They just need a nudge and the work of the Holy Spirit to set them in the right Path..It is no fault of theirs if no one preaches Christ to them..Pls read also Acts 17:22-30.

God overlooks ignorance when men like you do not preach the gospel to those who never heard of Jesus, but waste time defending irrelevancies and non essentials, your duty is to preach the gospel of Christ and not to defend so called doctrines you percieve to be wrong.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

Did the bible divide the law?

Can christians kill, steal and murder?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2014
nep2ra:

Quoting what God said through JEWS and upholding that as the standard for Divine Revelation

Why don't you quote what God said through your African ancestors. Were there no prophets in Africa whom God spoke through?

Better still, give us more quotations of what God said through other races.

We dont need prophets.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51am On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

But I do not believe he is the Jewish God, I believe he used some Jewish people and also other gentiles to preach the gospel. Besides if it sounds right and impacts humanity as a whole in a positive way then it must be God.

The problem with our people who I believe worshipped the true God as Chineke or Chukwu etc is that we have in many cases no written tradition of recording messages, prophecies etc.

Thank Gods for that.

Or else today we would have people fighting, misinterpreting and misusing these so-called God's written texts.

WE all know how much damage the written texts called bible/quran have caused just by mere interpretation.

Let us return to the pure ways of prayer, sacrifice and ritual as directed by tribal custom.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2014
alexleo:

Hahahaha the confusions continues. How does this fit into what I wrote? Was I advising you? NO. I simply reminded you what you told me and others here on nairaland some two years ago that we should stick to the scripture and Jesus and compared with what you are doing now. Did that sound like an advise?. I remember how you made so much noise about sticking to the bible and Jesus. The records are there. Sorry bros you are confirming your confused state the more.

1. But you are a victim to a church that has it's HQ not in heaven where Jesus is but in Portland Oregon , no
2. A church that once preached against medicine and I was hours away from death because I thought it was a sin to disobey.
3. A place where all other denominations are condemned to hell
4. A place that operates like a cult with a few privileged men at its helm, no women leaders.

etc etc

Pal, I said good bye to all that rubbish many years ago , lol. grin
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by shdemidemi(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2014
Bidam: I already quoted Romans 2:14-15, though i don't understand what you mean outside God...Even when Paul preached to the greeks explained to them that what they call "an unknown god" is the creator of the heavens and the earth, try and understand that God is in the conscience of every man whether he wants to admit it or not..They just need a nudge and the work of the Holy Spirit to set them in the right Path..It is no fault of theirs if no one preaches Christ to them..Pls read also Acts 17:22-30.

God overlooks ignorance when men like you do not preach the gospel to those who never heard of Jesus, but waste time defending irrelevancies and non essentials, your duty is to preach the gospel of Christ and not to defend so called doctrines you percieve to be wrong.

If we must preach the gospel, the right seed has to be planted. Many are planting a lookalike seed from the evil one. Coke remains coke when it is undiluted, as soon as you add anything it is no more coke but something else. Most people teach something else when it comes to this issue of salvation.

Having said that, Romans 2:14-15 never said anyone is justified by the law. Please read it properly.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Makes a lot of sense frosbel! God is for all who believe in him/her/it!
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
doubleDx: Makes a lot of sense frosbel! God is for all who believe in him/her/it!

God is a man sir.

Just saying.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by shdemidemi(m): 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bidam: Can christians kill, steal and murder?

See, if you want to kill, be quick. Go do it fast, you will definitely meet God there by the time you do it.

The question I think you want to ask is, will God's gift of salvation still stand after a Christian fall- i.e kill, steal and what have you.

God said salvation is a gift from him to mankind if they accept and not what they have to work for. He also says 'His gift is without repentance', meaning He is faithful to His word and there is no going back with His gift.

Ask yourself what your son can do to you to make him stop being your son... Hard, he remains your son no matter what.

If you that is evil find it hard to do that, a faithful God will not call you His son and disown you when you fall.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by alexleo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

1. But you are a victim to a church that has it's HQ not in heaven where Jesus is but in Portland Oregon , no
2. A church that once preached against medicine and I was hours away from death because I thought it was a sin to disobey.
3. A place where all other denominations are condemned to hell
4. A place that operates like a cult with a few privileged men at its helm, no women leaders.

etc etc

Pal, I said good bye to all that rubbish many years ago , lol. grin

Man you are confused. You and I concluded this issue of church some two years ago when you were screaming stick to the bible. The issue I have with you now is not about church but about leaving the bible you screamed we should stick to and sticking to sentiments. Bringing up church issue here makes you look like a drowning man struggling to hold on to anything to support himself and survive. You and I know that since time I ve never preached church. Even now, I never spoke against you for leaving any church rather for leaving the bible you said we should stick to and sticking to sentiments. You sound more confused bro.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
^^

But how can I take you seriously when the version of bible you listen to and preach is based on the Apostolic Faith interpretation ?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

God is a man sir.

Just saying.

God is not a MAN , he is therefore genderless.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

God is not a MAN , he is therefore genderless.

Another lie of oyinbo christianity:

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name"

When he said we are made in his image, you best believe it brother.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Another lie of oyinbo christianity:

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name"

When he said we are made in his image, you best believe it brother.

Well I throw another one back at you grin

"God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. " - Numbers 23:19
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by nep2ra(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

God is a man sir.

Just saying.

How do you know?

Have you seen God before?

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

God is a man sir.

Just saying.

But you err greatly Chief; God is a man? Give me scriptural evidences for that crap grin

LOL, God is a spirit...In he/she/it is light, wisdom and knowledge to understand all....that's only if you understand what I'm trying to put across grin

John 4:24 (KJV)

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Timothy 1:17 (KJV)

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by alexleo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel: ^^

But how can I take you seriously when the version of bible you listen to and preach is based on the Apostolic Faith interpretation ?

What is there to interpret? Most of the things written in the bible are plain statements that you don't need anybody to interpret what has AF got to do with it?. You know I dont read one version of the bible because I ve made several biblical quotations here from other versions. Frosbel you are just confused. You know me better than what you are now saying.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

Well I throw another one back at you grin

"God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. " - Numbers 23:19

First, let us stick to KJV, which says "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent"

Now, in your mind, those two scriptures are contradictory. If you read His word and interpret a contradiction, guess what, it means YOU misunderstood one verse, or the whole thing.
He is not a terrestial being, true. But he is a man, with a body. He may appear in a burning bush, can any human do that?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
alexleo:

What is there to interpret? Most of the things written in the bible are plain statements that you don't need anybody to interpret what has AF got to do with it?. You know I dont read one version of the bible because I ve made several biblical quotations here from other versions. Frosbel you are just confused. You know me better than what you are now saying.

If they were so plain how come you lack understanding on most of the core issues ?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by nep2ra(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
For all those saying frosbel is confused; well, I have news for you:

He is not confused. He is only evolving spiritually. He is becoming spiritually mature and before you all rain down on me like a ton of bricks, being spiritually mature is not measured by your Christian standards, which I find to be very hypocritical and narrow-minded.

IF (and that's a very big, fat 'IF') I ever changed my mind to return to any religious institution, I would embrace the Baha'i faith. It is the only one that embraces the universal quest for a relationship with the Divine regardless of which religion you belong to.

"The Baha'i faith is a monotheistic religion emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind. Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine: the unity of God, that there is only one God who is the source of all creation; the unity of religion, that all major religions have the same spiritual source and come from the same God; and the unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal, and that diversity of race and culture are seen as worthy of appreciation and acceptance. According to the Bahá'í Faith's teachings, the human purpose is to learn to know and love God through such methods as prayer, reflection and being of service to humanity". ~ Source: Wikipedia

The Baha'i faith also recognizes the need for progressive revelation. The Christian faith is still stuck in the revelation from the apostles. What is God saying now?

God dey!
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

God is a man sir.

Just saying.

How did we get here?

That came out from no where, really.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
doubleDx:

But you err greatly Chief; God is a man? Give me scriptural evidences for that crap grin

LOL, God is a spirit...In he/she/it is light, wisdom and knowledge to understand all....that's only if you understand what I'm trying to put across grin

John 4:24 (KJV)

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Timothy 1:17 (KJV)

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Exodus 33:19-23

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Invisible, unless he chooses to reveal himself to you. And why should you see him, thou art a sinner and deny the King of Kings.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by alexleo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
frosbel:

If they were so plain how come you lack understanding on most of the core issues ?

Which understanding? Twisted interpretations is what you want me to understand or what? No sir.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

If we must preach the gospel, the right seed has to be planted.
So what seed have you planted to those who NEVER heard of Jesus Christ?
Many are planting a lookalike seed from the evil one. Coke remains coke when it is undiluted, as soon as you add anything it is no more coke but something else. Most people teach something else when it comes to this issue of salvation.
So far, you have not been doing a good job about it because denominations keeps increasing day by day, we have more than thousands denominations who differ from your point of view, why waste time to prove who is right and who is wrong?Even Paul didn't bother, hear him: It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill, the latter do so in love, knowing that i am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of SELFISH AMBITIONS not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while i am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing IS THAT IN EVERY WAY WHETHER FROM FALSE MOTIVE OR TRUE, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.( Phil 1:15-18). Like i said earlier you business is to preach Christ...nobody called you to separate wheat from tares..If that is your calling? Can you show me where scriptures supports your stance?
Having said that, Romans 2:14-15 never said anyone is justified by the law. Please read it properly.
I read it properly and i still maintain what the scripture said that gentiles who who do not have the law and show the requirements of the law written in their hearts and their consciences bearing them witness to either accuse them or defend their actions will be judged by that at the judgement seat of Christ.It is either you accept or reject that portion of scripture.You cannot eat your cake and have it.
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bidam: So what seed have you planted to those who NEVER heard of Jesus Christ?

If I may ask, what has that got to do with this thread?

Bidam:
So far, you have not been doing a good job about it because denominations keeps increasing day by day, we have more than thousands denominations who differ from your point of view, why waste time to prove who is right and who is wrong?Even Paul didn't bother, hear him: It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill, the latter do so in love, knowing that i am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of SELFISH AMBITIONS not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while i am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing IS THAT IN EVERY WAY WHETHER FROM FALSE MOTIVE OR TRUE, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.( Phil 1:15-18). Like i said earlier you business is to preach Christ...nobody called you to separate wheat from tares..If that is your calling? Can you show me where scriptures supports your stance? .

On the contrary Apostle Paul spent an ample percent of his life fighting against false teachers especially from those of the circumcision who teach error.

Bidam:

I read it properly and i still maintain what the scripture said that gentiles who who do not have the law and show the requirements of the law written in their hearts and their consciences bearing them witness to either accuse them or defend their actions will be judged by that at the judgement seat of Christ.It is either you accept or reject that portion of scripture.You cannot eat your cake and have it.

My brother, judgement isn't a negative word. Everyone will be judged, some to glory and some damned. Now, I ask you a simple question.

Is anyone going to be justified by the works of the law, be it Jew or gentile?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bidam: So what seed have you planted to those who NEVER heard of Jesus Christ?
So far, you have not been doing a good job about it because denominations keeps increasing day by day, we have more than thousands denominations who differ from your point of view, why waste time to prove who is right and who is wrong?Even Paul didn't bother, hear him: It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill, the latter do so in love, knowing that i am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of SELFISH AMBITIONS not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while i am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing IS THAT IN EVERY WAY WHETHER FROM FALSE MOTIVE OR TRUE, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.( Phil 1:15-18). Like i said earlier you business is to preach Christ...nobody called you to separate wheat from tares..If that is your calling? Can you show me where scriptures supports your stance?

Brother Bidam, concern yourself not with the gentiles.

Matthew 7:6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you"

Who is the dog? The gentiles? Let's see what Jesus said:

Matthew 15: 24-27

24But he answered and said, I[b] am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel[/b].

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Yes he healed her, but did he evangelise to her?

Jesus did not come for everybody.

John 3:16 speaks of the world of the Israelites, who were scattered.
If he loved everyone, then what is this:

"As it is written, Jacob [Israel] have I loved, but Esau [Edom] have I hated.

Or
Deut 23:3
"n Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever"

Shalom brother
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Exodus 33:19-23

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Invisible, unless he chooses to reveal himself to you. And why should you see him, thou art a sinner and deny the King of Kings.

Agreed, I'm a sinner because I have sinned but fallen short of the glory of GOD (Romans 3:23) tongue grin Are you without sin? Then cast the first stone!

You do err because you know nothing about the word of GOD! You are just a confused, deluded and spiritually dead fellow claiming to know grin!

And I repeat, GOD IS NOT A MAN!

Numbers 23:19 (KJV)

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

^^^

It appears you are the liar and NOT my GOD grin tongue
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

See, if you want to kill, be quick. Go do it fast, you will definitely meet God there by the time you do it.

The question I think you want to ask is, will God's gift of salvation still stand after a Christian fall- i.e kill, steal and what have you.
The question was based on whether God divided the law. You mean men that divided these laws weren't inspired of God? Isreal as a nation had health laws,civil laws,ceremonial laws and moral laws which are for THEIR OWN GOOD.. Ofcos the consequences of breaking a moral law like stealing and killings differs from regions to regions..my point is, it is a universal law innate in man and Man has been able to put it to use in the society so there will be a balance. Ceremonial laws was abolished when Jesus was killed as a lamb to pay for the penalty of the sins of men....but the consequences of not OBEYING health laws, civil laws and moral codes still affects Christians right or wrong?
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

If I may ask, what has that got to do with this thread?
You are the guy with the ministry of planting seeds or whatever you call it, you ask yourself that question. You brought irrelevant issues up not me..Refer to your post.

On the contrary Apostle Paul spent an ample percent of his life fighting against false teachers especially from those of the circumcision who teach error.
Ok go ahead and start fighting also that males shouldn't be circumcised if that will make you feel better.cheesy

My brother, judgement isn't a negative word. Everyone will be judged, some to glory and some damned. Now, I ask you a simple question.

Is anyone going to be justified by the works of the law, be it Jew or gentile?
I just quoted scriptures when i answered frosbel which so far you were unsuccessfully unable to do, you are they guy confused here..Go back and study more.Cheers!
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by shdemidemi(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bidam: You are the guy with the ministry of planting seeds or whatever you call it, you ask yourself that question. You brought irrelevant issues up not me..Refer to your post.

Ok go ahead and start fighting also that males shouldn't be circumcised if that will make you feel better.cheesy

I just quoted scriptures when i answered frosbel which so far you were unsuccessfully unable to do, you are they guy confused here..Go back and study more.Cheers!
Typical bidam... No bickering with you today
Re: God Is Not A Christian God or Muslim God or Jewish God ! by JesusisLord85: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
doubleDx:

Agreed, I'm a sinner because I have sinned but fallen short of the glory of GOD (Romans 3:23) tongue grin Are you without sin? Then cast the first stone!

You do err because you know nothing about the word of GOD! You are just a confused, deluded and spiritually dead fellow claiming to know grin!

And I repeat, GOD IS NOT A MAN!

Numbers 23:19 (KJV)

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

^^^

It appears you are the liar and NOT my GOD grin tongue

What can you teach me about the word of God. You following the dead religion of your oppressors.

Let me tell you who is a liar.
1 John 2:4
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him"

Dost thou keep the commandments? Sunday sabbath keepers.lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangerous Signals That A Baby Is About To Be Killed By Witches Or Occult Agents / Who Is Your Favorite Gospel Singer? / My Week Of Blessing By Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.