Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,444 members, 7,954,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14972 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 2:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Tgirl4real:

I didn't see this b4 posting. Ermm...if u can nominate 3, why can't we nominate 3. tongue

I have nominated 3 already jor. smiley

The people with the highest nominations will present. May be 6 ppl sha.

Wetin dey do u sef? grin grin grin Why you no follow read suggestions going on? It wasn't me that suggested those 3 names. It was Candour who suggested we start start nominations with people who have shown interest and those are the 3 people who have shown interest, so they automatically nominated.

No lemme flog you o. grin grin grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 2:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Tgirl4real:

U mean it's that simple?! Lol

How are u too sir? OK o. I go dey expect. grin

@ Drummerboy,

May be we should nominate or vote instead of likes.

I would like to nominate Candour, Enigma and Anony1 (hope I got it right). Ermm... Don't we have female posters in this section? undecided

I don't think Enigma will show up. I think he's no longer interested in nairaland according to some of his past statement.

Plus, you're to nominate not more than two ma. So we count Candour because among your nominees, Anony1 is already showing interest. We will vote when we have more than 9 people nominated after counting out the highest nominees.

Do you understand or I should explain further with illustrations? grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 5:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

I don't think Enigma will show up. I think he's no longer interested in nairaland according to some of his past statement.

Plus, you're to nominate not more than two ma. So we count Candour because among your nominees, Anony1 is already showing interest. We will vote when we have more than 9 people nominated after counting out the highest nominees.

Do you understand or I should explain further with illustrations? grin

Lol. Pls expantiate with graphs. cheesy

I nominate Candour and Anony1
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

Wetin dey do u sef? grin grin grin Why you no follow read suggestions going on? It wasn't me that suggested those 3 names. It was Candour who suggested we start start nominations with people who have shown interest and those are the 3 people who have shown interest, so they automatically nominated.

No lemme flog you o. grin grin grin

I already started posting b4 u made that submission. I just didn't submit on time.

Good morning. I know say una still dey sleep for your end. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2014
I nominate Striktlymi and ichuka

Dear Tgirl4real, how u dey? I think I have to buy you coolumycin make u fit cool down read every every well well wink grin. I've already indicated I'm not in the running pls.

In fact since DrummaBoy mention secretary, I nominate you for that one wink
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 7:11am On Jul 28, 2014
Candour: I nominate Striktlymi and ichuka

Dear Tgirl4real, how u dey? I think I have to buy you coolumycin make u fit cool down read every every well well wink grin. I've already indicated I'm not in the running pls.

In fact since DrummaBoy mention secretary, I nominate you for that one wink

I read it very well, but I don't think it should stop my right to nominate who I wish. tongue @ least my nomination helped u say hello. grin

How can 2 of my fav ppl in this section not present. The first is no longer a professing Christian. The second is not available, now you. sad

Anyways, if you insist. Just that I haven't been following people much. Will think of someone$
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2014
I can see that the thread is back on track. I guess it was great to get stuff off our chest before getting down to business.

So many great people to choose from. If wishes were horses, my very selfish list of nine speakers would have been:

1) Alwaystrue
2) Goshen360
3) Mranony1 (Mranony2)
4) Ubenedictus
5) Truthislight
6) PastoroluT
7) Joagbaje
cool Image123
9) Enigma

primarily because I have been priviledged to have gone through a number of their posts unlike the others on the 'list'.

If wishes were horses still, I would have loved a situation where one or more of the topics would talk about those practical challenges facing the every day Christian e.g Euthanasia, Abortion, IVF etc their morality in the light of God's grace.

But sadly, wishes are not horses and I am well advised to nominate no more than two candidates and leave the topics to the organisers. Given that Mranony1 is already selected and Ubenedictus is not part of the initial list, then my nominees are:

1) Alwaystrue
2) Truthislight

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2014
striktlymi:

If wishes were horses still, I would have loved a situation where one or more of the topics would talk about those practical challenges facing the every day Christian e.g Euthanasia, Abortion, IVF etc their morality in the light of God's grace.

People here can still suggest topics. We have not concluded in how topics will be nominated.

Pls craft out topics that will encompass the social issues you enumerated above and we find a way of adapting them to the theme.

thanks.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2014
MY NOMINEES:

So many great thinkers on this forum. You all are worthy of niminations but I nominate this two and permit I give reasons for (yes, you can call it campaigning for them).

MrAnony1 (Already chosen. Leaving me with two more nominees).

1. MarkMiwerds

2. PastorOluT

Why MrAnony1?

This gentleman with this monicker is a great nl thinker. I particularly I'm blown away by his sustained debates with atheists in this forum. I am convinced that he has presented enough evidence to them about God to continue to convict them on the issue until they meet Jesus.

Anony is patient in his presentations and thorough. I have not read him loose his cool before nor craft abusive languages with scripture. His debate with Deep Sight on the trinity is for me the best thread on nairaland (though he credits DS for that thread and I do too). Recently he came to support us in the deeply controversial thread on WOF (www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents). He lent his support to the thread when others chose to be silent. I appreciate that: it shows to me he is a man unafraid of bearing responsibilities.

I recommend him as a speaker for this convention and I encourage others to do so also. I trust that he can make out time from his busy schedule for it.

Why MarkMiwerds?

MarkMiwerds is an American and Mark is blind. Despite this he presents issues that even those who sees physically cannot refute. Mark is an expert on tithing. He believes he has a calling to deliver folks from the false teaching on tithing. So far he carries out his ministry with focus and precision. His 58 day discussion on tithing which he refuted, along with his ally Candour, is a masterpiece on the subject of tithing: www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123

What many do not realize is that Miwerds has profound insights into a lot more things than just tithing. His posts on Facebook reveals this. A man in his mid fifties and who has been a Christian for more than 30 years, I believe he has something we all can learn from.

I recommend him heartily for this convention and I urge others to do the same.

Why PastorOluT

Great man of God with a commitment to evangelism.

I recommend heartily for this convention and I urge to do the same also.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2014
striktlymi: I can see that the thread is back on track. I guess it was great to get stuff off our chest before getting down to business.

So many great people to choose from. If wishes were horses, my very selfish list of nine speakers would have been:

1) Alwaystrue
2) Goshen360
3) Mranony1 (Mranony2)
4) Ubenedictus
5) Truthislight
6) PastoroluT
7) Joagbaje
cool Image123
9) Enigma

primarily because I have been priviledged to have gone through a number of their posts unlike the others on the 'list'.

But sadly, wishes are not horses and I am well advised to nominate no more than two candidates and leave the topics to the organisers. Given that Mranony1 is already selected and Ubenedictus is not part of the initial list, then my nominees are:

1) Alwaystrue
2) Truthislight

Hi bro, I don't think we are limited to the list DrummaBoy drew up. I guess those were the folks he could think of at the moment he posted. Even if ubenedictus or some other christian isn't on the original list, I don't think anything stops his or her nomination by whoever

Am I right DrummaBoy?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2014
@drummaboy & candour,

Okay cool!

PS: I thought Anony is already a speaker? Any need to nominate him again?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2014
striktlymi: @drummaboy & candour,

Okay cool!

PS: I thought Anony is already a speaker? Any need to nominate him again?

Well, my thinking is that even the first three should be taken as nominations. You may go ahead and nominate him again if you wish.

Though final say is Goshen's.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Well, my thinking is that even the first three would still be taken as nominations. You may go ahead and nominate him again if you wish.

Though final say is Goshen's.

@Bold: Goshen has already introduced the 'first 3' as guest speakers. Subjecting them to the nomination process may not be necessary.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2014
Candour:

Hi bro, I don't think we are limited to the list DrummaBoy drew up. I guess those were the folks he could think of at the moment he posted. Even if ubenedictus or some other christian isn't on the original list, I don't think anything stops his or her nomination by whoever

Am I right DrummaBoy?

You are correct.

I will add up ubenedictus on the list right away.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Alwaystrue
PastoroluT
Ajibam
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2014
alexleo: Alwaystrue
PastoroluT
Ajibam

The rule is two nominees.

Do we take the first two?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2014
Tgirl4real:

I read it very well, but I don't think it should stop my right to nominate who I wish. tongue @ least my nomination helped u say hello. grin

How can 2 of my fav ppl in this section not present. The first is no longer a professing Christian. The second is not available, now you. sad

Anyways, if you insist. Just that I haven't been following people much. Will think of someone$

@the bolded, yes o my sister. It did cheesy

Cheers
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

The rule is two nominees.

Do we take the first two?

Ok take the first two.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ajibam: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
PastorOluT
Joagbaje
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
striktlymi:

@Bold: Goshen has already introduced the 'first 3' as guest speakers. Subjecting them to the nomination process may not be necessary.

You're right!!! Those 3 shouldn't be subject to nomination.

Those 3 people were nominated, not by me but because they were the 3 that indicated interest readily and so, automatically became enlisted. Our number of speakers is 9. We need 6 more to add to those 3 and if we have more than 9. Two things can happen - we either fit fit the number we have in or we go with highest number of nominees to eliminate few so we stay with 9 speakers.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
I nominate:

1. ichuka
2. PastorOluT
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
@ D'boy,

Anony1 was automatically among the speakers because of his interest. I think you're wasting vote by nominating him again. I suggest you think of someone esle.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by FortresOfChrist(f): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone.Good to see the Grace convention coming up again.Blessed be the Lord our Fortress.Reading through the pages so I can attend.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360: @ D'boy,

Anony1 was automatically among the speakers because of his interest. I think you're wasting vote by nominating him again. I suggest you think of someone esle.

OK. I will add one more person.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
I vote MarkMiwerds and BabaGnoni

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ichuka(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360: I nominate:
1. ichuka
2. PastorOluT
Bro Ha! Very bad timing,
I no even dey land for some time now.will definitely contribute.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorOluT(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
I want to appreciate u guys for the nominations n also those that volunteered to participate in this years convention to make it work n for the unity of the brethren. God bless u all.

Though coming to the party late n reading through I can but observe ow some can never see ow we can come together in unity despite having the same calling psalm 133, or?

I believe as the scripture stated that we are all called into one hope by one spirit into one Lord Romans 12 1Corinthians 12, so ow come this can be a base for us all, I think enough has been done to derail the thread already so don't let me join d wagon n maybe d discussion should be for another thread.

I beg us all to disagree to agree that we might be a formidable force against the enemy, whereby he will be the one always trying to resist us 'cos of our constant exploit in the kingdom as we come together Daniel 11:32, instead of the other way round.

God bless u brethren for the good work, may this year's convention be a success.

Goshen n DB.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ichuka(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
I nominate.
Alwaystrue. And Pastor Olu.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2014
I added some names, please note:

DrummaBoy:

Some of the discussions that I have heard with brethren here have been heated ones. I was hoping this years convention will allow for a similitude of ecumenism, where despite our differences in opinions, we can still speak as one voice concerning matters of God's kingdom.

For these reasons, I would like to see some of the following people present papers at this year's convention:

striktlymi
Bidam
Image123
Alwaystrue
Gombs
Tgirl4real
Peter007
PastorKun
trustman
BabaGnoni
Goshen360
frosbel
Candour
Boomark
truthislight
Enigma (where is he?)
Joagbaje
Ihedinobi2
OLAADEGBU
christembassey
nlmediator
MrAnony1
PastorOluT
shdemidemi
Pastor AIO
Ayoku777
nuclearboy
DrummaBoy
ichuka
Yooguyz
alexleo
MarkMiwerds
nep2ra
nora544
banom
Ajibam
ubenedictus
Inesqor
SisterMe
bookmark
UyiIredia
italo
Ishilove
Reyginus
davidlyan
TomiGodson,
Joshthefirst

I will list others as I remember them.

I hope you see this on the mention list and post your opinion here.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2014
[size=20pt]UPDATE ON THE CONVENTION: In Regards Nominations[/size]

Three individuals have been selected prior to the start of nominations. They are:

1. Yooguyz

2. Ihedinobi2

3. MrAnony1

We are left with six more people to add to this list to make up 9 individuals for the convention. The following are the nominees so far with the number of nominations:

PastorOluT ---- 5

Alwaystrue ---- 3

ichuka --------- 2

MarkMiwerds--- 2

striktlymi ------- 1

Joagbaje -------- 1

BabaGnoni ------- 1

truthislight -------- 1

We encourage nominations from those who have not done so.

We are also still awaiting topics in relation to the theme of the convention.

Pls refer to the list above this post for other individuals you could nominate.

@Tgirl4real, your nominations are not clear. Pls state your nominees again.

Thank you all for your cooperation.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Allow me to nominate striktlymi and ubenedictus.

That's if they're willing to speak.

smiley

Good afternoon, all.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MrAnony1(m): 6:29am On Jul 30, 2014
DrummaBoy: I added some names, please note:
What about Reyginus, davidlyan, TomiGodson, Joshthefirst?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

christian book / Christianity Vs. Satanism / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Holy Spirit Is With You Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.