Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33270 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
cry i am so sad right now
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
I am sorry for keeping everyone waiting. I have been battling to keep my phone on for some time due to power troubles in my school. I will continue shortly.

Queening, I owe a special apology to you. Am really sorry for the delay.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
rapmike:

Queening, I owe a special apology to you. Am really sorry for the delay.
cheesy
omg u mentioned my name ...am so happy right now u just made my day ....ap
ology accepted
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Rapmike I'm still here
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
She saw some armed men with guns, moving from house to house and breaking down doors. In every house they opened, some screams were heard with at least one bullet been shot, meaning that someone was been killed. As they entered a certain house, they met two women, one of then been a target for them. As they raised the women's heads up, she could see Comfort as the younger woman.

As they were discussing on what to do, Comfort suddenly broke free and started to run. As she got out of the house in a bid to escape the armed men, two shots rang out, dropping her dead.

"Jesus!" Courage shouted as she suddenly opened her eyes, putting a sudden end to her prayers.

"Sister Courage, what happened?" Asked a concerned Kachi.

"Sir, I had a vision that one of my friends was in trouble."

"Hmn, all these friends that don't have Jesus as the centre of their lives."

"Sir! You like emphasising that part of their lives!"

"Because its important, Sister Courage! They need to have the security of being in Christ. So what happened to this your friend?"

"Some armed robbers came into her house and shot her."

"Hmn, is she in school right now?"

"No, she is saying with her aunt somewhere in Mafoluku in Lagos."

"Okay, don't panic, call her. Maybe God is showing you the future so as to save her."

"Okay sir, can I go now or should we continue praying?"

He scratched his brow. "Go now!"

Comfort was singing to herself when a call came through from Courage.

"Comfort, where have you been? I have been calling you for some time."

"I was bathing, you sound worried."

"I need to be. I went for a church prayer meeting and I saw that you were attacked in a vision."

"Okay, church things." Comfort said nonchalantly. "So what's next?"

"Comfort please listen to me. I don't want you to be harmed. Can you just move away for some time?"

"Abeg, abeg, when did I become the target of your church musings?"

Courage wanted to reply her with anger, but checked herself.

"See, I have done my best." She cut the call.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tannie: Rapmike I'm still here

I see you! Thanks.
Re: Circle Of Three. by cingelai(f): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nice update kip it up
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
weldone bro.

give us more updates biko
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
You better hear word you this comfort
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please be patient with me, the lite issue in school is de stabilizing me. Will try and update tomorrow.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2014
rapmike: Please be patient with me, the lite issue in school is de stabilizing me. Will try and update tomorrow.

it's well
we'll be waiting
Re: Circle Of Three. by EllaGold35(f): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
*ghost mode deactivated*
kiss
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oga mike still waiting 4 d update
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
"Abeg! Just park well." Her phone found itself on the couch as Comfort set her hands akimbo, looking like the female impression of Sango. The squeezed 'pottage' face displaying on her did justice to her mood.

"Na so everyone dey turn soothsayer, Aunty, Courage, maybe na Cassie wey go call me now! Who even sabi wetin that one dey do sef?"

Her face turned its attention to the phone and the time, calculating when her aunt will show up.

Suddenly she saw that dude, the light skinned fellow of the other time. His face keeping that eternal smile of serial killers and his slim stature betraying his intentions. His shadow been enclosed in light as his mouth made to make inaudible sounds. His mouth passing some unsounded code. His mouth....

Bam! Bam!! Bam!!!

"Where this pikin carry her head go?"

Comfort suddenly fired herself up and moved off like Robocop, before her aunt spill out some unnecessary dishes of words.

"Ma!" The sound clearer that one of a flute came up.

"So you even dey house sef! Mscheww! Open this door for me jare!"

The door opened up and shown a distorted view of what was once a beautiful face.

"Wetin do you?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
"Nothing ma." Comfort's face suddenly reformed to a plain face, like that of a brand new dish. Just one of my friends calling.

"Okay, sha prepare your bags, we are travelling out of this state."

Comfort's face beamed surprise. "Aunty, where are we going to?"

"We are going to Abuja. To Terry's house."

Comfort suddenly started dancing around in glee. Terry was her favourite person in the family( after her aunt). He had just got a job in Abuja but the pay seemed good enough for him to rent his own home.

"When did he call, aunty? Did he ask after me? Did he....."

"Aha! E don do, Omo Terry! You know he will ask after you. And I told him that you are free."

"Okay, when are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow naw! That's why I asked you to prepare."

She turned her phone upside down, making sure it was safe. Then...... The pillow flew out quickly and then the blanket, and then her books. Mr Prescott was the biggest loser, as he was flung violently, his pages finding wonderful expressions in the air.

"How can he? How can he?? How dare he? How dare...."

"Shut up! Na you cause am. Upon everything he do, na so so shakara you do for am, now new 'olori' don come, you dey vex." Cassie double spoke.

"But he abandoned me for........."

"You keep talking like a child! You know that if you are in his shoes, you will do worse. Isn't it you that is considering that old lecturer. Yet you are condemning him."

"Please, love survives every temptation." Cassie hair and body swung out in anger.

The hands stretched out, the heavens the audience for the unknown songs that was made. The double's face then moved towards an unknown audience, looking straight at them, face contorted in self-righteousness.

"See life! See life!! This is why they insult the feminine gender. You expect him to be perfect, but you are far from perfect. He was pushed to the wall before he ended the relationship, yet a slight wind came and you are shaking. See you! You have a good friend who advised you the best way, yet because you don't want to be hurt, you prefer lies."

"So what do I do?" Tears ran like a river on her cheeks.

"Simply take Ifeoma's advice, do the right thing, sort yourself out!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
She then walked towards a mirror and took a good look at herself,managing to come to terms with her issues. She loved Adedayo, it was obvious, especially after the absence. She knew that her heart could not stop pounding for him. As she knelt down, she placed her palms together, her face been covered like a mask

"God help me forgive myself...."

Clothes struggled for accomodation into the all expense paid trip to Abuja. As each came in tow, they must have prayed that they will look pretty enough to be considered and none after them will be pretty enough to displace them. For who does not like to visit 'Jona's' own city?
With time, each was discarded, which led to frowns, or were selected, which led to glee among them. Neatly folded and packed, they could only smile as their journey began.

"Comfort..... Hope you have finished packing, ehn? We are leaving this place now!"

"Aunty, what happened?"

Steps found their rhythm downstairs as the owner forced a mini march to her aunty's room.

"Why are we leaving now? I thought the journey is for tomorrow."

"I have a business meeting this night and I will lodge in a hotel in Ikeja. I don't want to leave you here alone. So you are following me and we will leave for Abuja first thing tomorrow."

"Hmn, aunty, but I can stay here and..."

"No, I want everything to be easy. Its easier to leave for Abuja from Ikeja than me coming from Ikeja back here and going to Abuja. So we are leaving Oshodi now!"

"Okay, at least I won't be bored here. But you did not tell me on time." Legs and hands started a ' dangle dance' of fury.

"Oya,am sorry. But it was an emergency and its my Oga that called me. I will buy chips on the way, okay?"

The rising temperature stopped and cool was restored, as the steps started their rhythm back upstairs.

She did not know how lucky she was that she left that night
Re: Circle Of Three. by EllaGold35(f): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Still following
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
kiss
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Am having a writer's block right now, so give me some time.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:17am On Oct 05, 2014
She soon found herself and her aunt in a car and on the way to Ikeja. Comfort's sat back, her quail-like load with her, while her aunt packed the 'Olumo rock' part of her luggage with the rest of her aunt's load in her boot. Driving past the street of Oshodi, Comfort could only catch her fun as papers and polythene containers danced to the frenzied speed-beat of the cars around them. How they managed to missed the hold-up that plagued Lagos like Malaria was a miracle.

She found herself up, her phone been molested by furious fingers. She was going to try and make it count. Her 'solution' was the shot she had at him.

Her hands trembled like it just survived an attempt by someone to freeze it. But she was not frozen, no; she was not even cold. Her hands just acted her emotions out, for she had the fear of Macbeth forced into her soul and the anticipation of a cobra who just sighted a prey.

"Welcome to the New world! Welcome to......" The MTN ringtone saturated her ears, hopeful of getting a response. Unfortunately, she got none of such.

"Adedayo, pick nah. Pick up please." She begged using English and pidgin to no one in particular. It rang a few more times and then stopped. She was about trying again when it started ringing.

It was her lecturer!

Courage was distraught at her friend's seeming reluctance to take her warnings seriously. She planned telling Pastor Kachi, but decided against it. That funny man of God can begin to lecture her about how unbelievers and those spiritually ' unconscious' view visions. She was about dialing someone when Comfort's call came through.

"What's up sister! Your mouth don do am now, shey. My aunty don carry me comot for that place."

"Thank God. Comfort, no be my mouth oh! Wetin e do for you?"

"No be you wey dey call me make I leave my side for nobody. Anyway, I go soon travel go Abuja."

"Eeehen! That's cool. Who dey host you?"

"My uncle."

"Okay o, take care."

"Bye."

"Who was that?" Her aunt asked
Re: Circle Of Three. by EllaGold35(f): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ion understand dis update
*short update*
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2014
"Good morning sir." Her voice trembled with anxiety.

"Cassie, good morning. How are you doing today?"

"Fine sir."

"Are you sure? Because you don't sound okay there."

"I have a little cold sir." She winced her face at that quick lie.

"Okay, so what about my proposal?"

"Well sir, I am still considering it."

"Really?"

"Yes sir. I have to consider it carefully, sir. You are clearly older than me and there are cultural differences to consider, sir."

"Okay, okay, I can clearly understand. You are still doubtful of my intentions towards you."

"No sir, its not........"

"There is no problem, take as much time as you need, but remember that I can't wait forever."

Poom! Poom!! Poom!!! The line went dead.

Cassie looked around and started executing her plans for the day. She was about going for a shower when the phone buzzed again.

"Oh God! Who could be this daft person that called me this early morning? Can't people be more snail-headed than this?" She moved swiftly with the energy to blast through mountains in order to pick the call.

She froze when she saw the person on the line.

It was.......

"Aunt, its one of my friends. She is female, don't worry." The monster look on her aunt's face softened up.

"So?" Her voice did not.

"Aunt! Can't I have friends again?"

"Comfort, don't dodge the question. Who is she?"

"She is a very good friend of mine. In fact, she called me early this morning over one vision she said she saw about me."

"Tell me about it."

"Aunty, its irrelevant!"

"Tell me! Did I say it was relevant?"

Comfort exhaled, knowing that it was bound to drag on until heavens come down if she continued to deny her aunt the information.

"She said that she saw us been attacked by armed robbers back home and I was killed. She then advised that I should leave."

"How is that irrelevant?"

"Aunty! Don't tell me that you also expect me to take her advice seriously!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
She eyed Comfort for a moment, wondering if her naivete is not turning to stupidity and long time foolishness. She then held her hand like a mother giving her first lecture on puberty to her wide-eyed teenage daughter.

"You don't treat such issues with levity, Comfort. People that have made no issues of visions in the past has gone on to regret it, especially if the visions are true. Your friend must have the best intentions for her to see such, for she must have been praying." Comfort face fell at that statement. "Am not lying, am I?"

"No ma, we are best of friends."

"So she won't be playing pranks with your life. Is she the very rich girl you told me about before?"

"No."

"Okay, but don't take her for granted, and don't treat revelations from God through anyone with disrespect, you have no idea how many people scrape around for genuine visions."

"But we have moved away, that's why I said its irrelevant."

She lifted her nose up." Hmn! Indeed! I don't trust you!"

"Aunty, am not...."

Its okay. I have a meeting to attend. I will talk to you later.
Re: Circle Of Three. by KennieJay(m): 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
This work is good and i've been following from the beginning...(ghost reader/follower)...
It seems you've neglected Courage in your last two or three updates, you didn't really mention her...nice work...keep it up..
Can't wait for the update...
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:28am On Oct 07, 2014
KennieJay:
This work is good and i've been following from the beginning...(ghost reader/follower)...
It seems you've neglected Courage in your last two or three updates, you didn't really mention her...nice work...keep it up..
Can't wait for the update...

I did not neglect her, she was the subject of discussion of Comfort and her aunt.

Thanks for following.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Cassie looked at the phone, in a way not different from a bomb. To her, it was a bomb. A bomb that has no effect on her body, but could wreak her heart and emotions.

A bomb Adedayo has the power to detonate.

She moved slowly as her anger and energy disappeared into the thin air like iodine in the face of the sun. She moved her hands towards the phone like a dying man towards an antidote.

Like the phone was tired of the whole drama, it switched off. Battery dead.

"Oh My God! Where is that charger?" She said to nobody in particular as her previously lost energy returned, with clothes flying around in an attempt to clear the way for the phone charger. She finally found it ( after two minutes) and got her phone charging.

She then left it and started to prepare herself for the day, using her 'beauty' corner, which was a chair with a mirrored drawer having her cosmetics in and around the drawer.

"Aunty, make I prepare food?"

"No."

"But you never chop since....."

"You Dey Mad? Abi that ear no dey work abi?" " If you still dey there by the time I stand you no go remain for this house by the end of the day."

"Then e mean say I go do freedom be that?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by EllaGold35(f): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kinda confusing.....
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
Cassie shot an eye at the maid before she started searching for an object to throw at her. The girl, obviously needing no Elijah to tell her what was coming, shut the door quickly, just as Cassie found a pointed heel shoe.

"See what the i*iot caused!" She said, looking at her hair which was unkempt. She had a plan for the hair before Sidi's prank, and now she could remember nothing.

She went back to the mirror and after debating on what to do, decided to comb and 'park' it properly at the back, before spending some time on her clothes.

Five minutes later, she was done choosing her outfit for the day and was about wearing it when her phone, which was operational beeped; showing her that a message had arrived.

She opened it and read the message:

"I saw your text message. I tried to get to you but your number was off. I will be coming in thirty minutes time. I am sure we have issues to sort out. Adedayo."

"Sidi!!!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
EllaGold35:
Kinda confusing.....

What confused you, if I may ask?
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2014
smiley
Re: Circle Of Three. by TroubleMaker01(f): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Yeeeeeeeees!!!!!
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Welldone

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+) / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.