Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Ebola Virus Hits Lagos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos (66250 Views)

Febrile Rash Illnesses Hits Lagos Community, 20 Killed So Far / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Frankenstein: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is one of the easiest virus to control but guess how the government in West Africa is combating it?— With an abstract plan! If not for the efforts of the W.H.O and Doctors Without Borders, we would have had a major epidemic across Africa.

My main fear is not about this virus spreading further but a likely mutation of the strain which can make it airborne or boost its transmission process.

God save us all.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by MoneyGreen(m): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Send him to Aso Rock. Let him spend 3 weeks with Oga Jona..
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/2014/07/liberian-man-in-nigerias-lagos-being-tested-for-ebola.html. Anyway just googled it nd here's wat I saw, not yet verified hope nd pray wit all my heart dat its false
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by myspnigeria: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
now this is extremely scary..... we r in a very hot soup
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
glosali: Pls ooo...dey shuld du somefn.

Pls visit my shoe blog

www.glowysofiscated..com
shoe blog? U gotta be kidding me...we talking about a virus that can do more than BH as been doing in one month, i mean this is Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by olapluto(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Labaran Maku said he has the cure
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by myspnigeria: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
MoneyGreen: Send him to Aso Rock. Let him spend 3 weeks with Oga Jona..

why?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by lertee(f): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi: This is not a rumor. It is true. Ebola is in Nigeria,Lagos state to be exact. Professional ethics prevents me frm releasing details,but it is absloutely true and scary!
I can see some peeps making jokes out of this matter. Some of us are still in shock cos we know the implications. It is worse than any disease i've ever known. Symptoms very similar to Malaria. Short incubation period and fast killer. Early detection may save lives. But the worst part is that it has NO cure.
This is serious o..hope it will be curtailed before it spreads. It won't be easy again after one or two infections.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by tigonana: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
iterator25: Boko Haram and ebola.. we don finish!!
grin omo laugh wan finish me for here.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by myspnigeria: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
olapluto: Labaran Maku said he has the cure

are u for real.... d thing has no known cure for now o
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by brownlords: 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
iconize:

Actually Gaynaians are ebola virus themselves and they're the ones benefiting heavily from the Ecowas sh*t.
You see them trooping into Nigeria with no clear destination of where they're heading to.
Pathetic..

Maybe I'll vote a Buhari to bundle them back to their poor country
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by nora544: 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

That is better from wikipedia, you will know all about it
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by myspnigeria: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
cirmuell: shoe blog? U gotta be kidding me...we talking about a virus that can do more than BH as been doing in one month, i mean this is Nigeria!

dont mind the dude.... so insesitive
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by fijiano202(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi: This is not a rumor. It is true. Ebola is in Nigeria,Lagos state to be exact. Professional ethics prevents me frm releasing details,but it is absloutely true and scary!
I can see some peeps making jokes out of this matter. Some of us are still in shock cos we know the implications. It is worse than any disease i've ever known. Symptoms very similar to Malaria. Short incubation period and fast killer. Early detection may save lives. But the worst part is that it has NO cure.
babe its time for u to take a Leave of Absence from work..just for a week or 2...only the living post on NL ooo
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Decibel: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Nne abeg foward am to me if you don't mind, wink since your professionalism abhors such. Will do that on your behalf tongue
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by myspnigeria: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Frankenstein: This is one of the easiest virus to control but guess how the government in West Africa is combating it?— With an abstract plan! If not for the efforts of the W.H.O and Doctors Without Borders, we would have had a major epidemic across Africa.

My main fear is not about this virus spreading further but a likely mutation of the strain which can make it airborne or boost its transmission process.

God save us all.

na wa for wee continent o
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by brownlords: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2014

Is this different from Lassa fever cos? I know the symptoms to also be malaria
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by GentleMimi: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
lertee:
This is serious o..hope it will be curtailed before it spreads. It won't be easy again after one or two infections.
Babe,i'm totally scared. Deep fear since Monday! The issue now is nobody knows how many peeps have been in contact with the ''carrier'' before his case got diagnosed. His case is the first to be confirmed. How many out there hv contacted it unknowingly? Transmission is damn easy and it kills fast.
This is bad. Terribly BAD!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Pain(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
BEWARE

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by DocRhymes: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not the time to joke on a matter like this. Mortality rates from EBOLA approaches 90%. It has no cure and prevention with early detection of symptoms is teh best cure. We all need to educate ourselves and families and healthcare workers on how to prevent it. Also anything that starts in LAGOS means it has the potential to enter all other states.
Below is a link that talks about its prevention. EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ebola-virus/basics/prevention/con-20031241
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by fijiano202(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
There truely was a country...Boko Haram in the North,Ebola in the West,AIDS in the East ,Militant in the South....Time to relocate to Sao Tome
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Decibel: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Every foreign entering into the country should be tested for such deadly virus and certified ebola free cool
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by GentleMimi: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
brownlords:

Is this different from Lassa fever cos? I know the symptoms to also be malaria
It is worse! Far worse!
fijiano202: babe its time for u to take a Leave of Absence from work..just for a week or 2...only the living post on NL ooo
Guy,its not so easy. But precautions have been taken for everyone. Still...mehn!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Alfred234(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Imagine someone bleeding from d mouth, nose, eyes e.t.c its like watching "The Walking Dead" in real life... Am getting scared already.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
End Time Thingz!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Kassidy90(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
A senior colleague of mine received a text now about a Liberian bin diagnosed of Ebola virus in one of the hospitals around Obalende Lagos though I don't know how authentic the report is but if I were you I won't take any chance..... Pls stay away from that area for now and don't just shake people anyhow......
That was d BC I sent out today now I believe d contents of d text, God save us especially we health workers...
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by pretydiva(f): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Decibel: Nne ewena iwe wink We're immune to those things. tongue
Will alert my relatives over there to relocate to Abuja as soon as possible cool
r u trying 2 say dat d virus can't hit abuja
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Honestly this is gonna get out of control, no sensitization of any kind...BH is gonna be angels compared to this things. WE are doomed. shocked shocked NIGERIA of all country, expect the worst shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by englishmart(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
KwoiZabo: They should pack him inside that sack used for corpse and container him back to Senegal ASAP.
for crying out loud, he's a human just like you are. He should be deported, but amiably.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Pain(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
So many false info flying around. Can mosquitoes pass the virus?

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by pomporiking: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ebola just use style enter sambisa ijn
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by iterator25: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
abiola?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Somebody Help What Is Happening To My Little Brother / Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself With These Nigerian Herbs / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.