Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why The Hatred On Igbos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Hatred On Igbos? (3864 Views)

US Report On Igbos!!! Not Again / Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / Dakuku Is Love By Rivers People But The Hatred For Govnor Ameachi Made Him Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by omenka(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
tobtap:
igbos shud stop playing the victim,dis is 2014,ibo is a major tribe in nigeria,they shud fight for there rights through actions and not through ranting.
u guyz keep blaming yorubas and hausa,but both tribes are controlling nigeria through sheer gut and determination from them...ibos need to wake up and use there strength ,finacial,political,economical to achieve there objectives rather than playing the victim game.
Tell them my brother!

Politics is a game of numbers! In nigerian politics, the Yorubas as it stands today, stand to gain everything from their alliance with the North. What do we stand to gain being subserviant to the Ijaws or SS if not just our political "leaders" getting their bank accounts fattened since that is where the man who currently calls the shots in the country hails from.

Until we do away with our current crop of selfish leaders who seem to give no hoot about the collective interest of the south east but care the world about their personal interest, our political emancipation would remain a mere mirage!

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
The aim of this thread is just to let Nigerians know the ''facts little told'' but wait o! Why is it that at the mention of ''igbo'',Nigerians go jittery?

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
inferiority complex par excellence....

4 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Unemadu: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
omenka: Tell them my brother!

Politics is a game of numbers! In nigerian politics, the Yorubas as it stands today, stand to gain everything from their alliance with the North. What do we stand to gain being subserviant to the Ijaws or SS if not just our political "leaders" getting their bank accounts fattened since that is where the man who currently calls the shots in the country hails from.

Until we do away with our current crop of selfish leaders who seem to give no hoot about the collective interest of the south east but care the world about their personal interest, our political emancipation would remain a mere mirage!

I'm of the opinion that ndi Igbo do not need to be overtly ambitious to get to the top as in presidency . the top position is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I mean what has northern presidency achieved for the region.
Building from within is the answer

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Unemadu: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
omenka: Tell them my brother!

I'm of the opinion that ndi Igbo do not need to be overtly ambitious to get to the top as in presidency . the top position is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I mean what has northern presidency achieved for the region.

Ndi igbo darunu!!

4 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
anago18: inferiority complex par excellence....
we are not seeking approval because we are gr8 but why the enormous envy?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: we are not seeking approval because we are gr8 but why the enormous envy?

great kwa by being the use tampon of every ethnic nationality!!!!!! son stop smoking your own pubic hair. and when are those curse, y'all call governors in alaigbo gonna fix the deathtrap called onitsha- Enugu expressway.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
A Nigeria without Igbos is =LOL

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
anago18:

great kwa by being the use tampon of every ethnic nationality!!!!!! son stop smoking your own pubic hair. and when are those curse, y'all call governors in alaigbo gonna fix the deathtrap called onitsha- Enugu expressway.
do you know Ibadam? Ibadam did not see war like warsaw but the deadly battle field(1967-1970) and her inhabitants are better of.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: do you know Ibadam?

ask Google !!!!!
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Unemadu: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
anago18:

its an FG road bro!
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
anago18:

ask Google !!!!!
just asked google....guest what? Is this a name of a person,animal,place or thing?
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Unemadu:

its an FG road bro!

so has the ikorudu road and Lagos badagry expressway fashola is fixing.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: just asked google....guest what? Is this a name of a person,animal,place or thing?

fvck off my mentions, I don't jawjaw with oafs with photosynthetic epilepsy.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
tobtap:
can u tell me those that hate the ibos and please give me prove.thanks
marry your books
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Igbo_people
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Unemadu: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
anago18:

so has the ikorudu road and Lagos badagry expressway fashola is fixing.

true but remember that Fashola has a very large war chest. Akpabio is also doing similar stuff.

All fingers aren't equal
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
Igbos are hated because igbos are the strongest surviving tribe in nigeria, they expected igbo to have gone to extinction after the civil war menace but they are now disappointed how we turned 2pounds to 2bilion pounds. They are bordered about the way we managed to survive and they feel we are now become threat to their existence, which is true anyway. Hope I made my point clear?

7 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
''stop playing victims'' have the Americans forgotten 9/11,have the Japanese forgotten Hiroshima? Have the isrealis forgotten The holocost or the threat of their Arab neighbours?
Stop playing victims my foot,who is playing victim anyway?

4 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by omenka(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Unemadu:

Ndi igbo darunu!!
You make a valid point. That is how it should be if we were practising true federalism, but given the warped nature of the Nigerian politicosphare, it makes perfect sense to aspire to hold power at the centre.

Looking at what you said from another angle, one could turn your argument of the irrelevance of agitating for the presidency, siting the state of the north as your backup point, on its head! One could say, the dearth of development in the north as compared to the other regions, even though they've had the highest number of chances at the presidency, is a testimony to the selflessness and nationalistic character of leaders of northern extraction! They could argue the northerners had the chance to develop they regions exclusively without question (since most were military regimes answerable to nobody) but rather chosed to uniformly spread development across the country giving their own region FAR LESS!! Hope you follow my drift?

Now, that aside, the fact that northern presidencies hasn't really reflected on the wellbeing on the north doesn't necessarily mean that an Igbo presidency would go thesame way. Have certain bigoted elements on this forum not severally praised Stella Udua for most of the FG sponsored aviation projects in the SE?? What makes you think that if someone like her for instance is made the president (God forbid), a lot more wouldn't be done??

Whatever it is, it pays in Nigeria of today to have good governors, and pays even more to hold power at the centre!

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by EkoIle1: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
How do you move forward and progress in life while still bugged down and preoccupied with this and that hate you everyday?

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
#spreads mat on thread lyin in wait 4 d obvious jamboree rigmarole#

cool

pls pls pls pls...
space nat-4-SALE

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Blackfire(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
when nobody talk about u,then u are a nobody...

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Kingspin(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jealousy and envious!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
nwabekeyi: Igbos are hated because igbos are the strongest surviving tribe in nigeria, they expected igbo to have gone to extinction after the civil war menace but they are now disappointed how we turned 2pounds to 2bilion pounds. They are bordered about the way we managed to survive and they feel we are now become threat to their existence, which is true anyway. Hope I made my point clear?
One Nigeria was meant to frustrate igbos but it did not.
Rather it is frustrating hausas and yorubas, which is why they want arewa and odua republic .
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Ventura1: 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
They always think they are the smartest anywhere they are.
They are disrespectful to their host outside their domain.
They makes their living from others, yet they consider them as fool.
Because of the craving to succeed by all means they engage in shady and illegal businesses

.........TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by anago18(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Unemadu:

true but remember that Fashola has a very large war chest. Akpabio is also doing similar stuff.

All fingers aren't equal

who cares!!!!!
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
englishmart: I hate this thread.
If you are hated, I'm not hated.
The igbos are only being envied.
They wish to be like us. But they just can't.............

I rest my case
On a serious note, what is so special about the Igbo people that gives them an edge?
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
On a serious note, what is so special about the Igbo people that gives them an edge?
the thing that has made orlandowoh incurably igbophobic

6 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: Question: But they claim that their language
is Ikwerre, not Igbo.
Answer: That is politics. Ikwerre is a dialect
of Igbo language. Just like an Ngwa man
speaks Ngwa Igbo, Arochukwu speaks
Arochukwu Igbo, etc.
Ikwerre as not a dialect of the Igbo language. Ikwerre people are a distict people that got missed up with Igbo through trade. Read Elechi Amadi's "Sunset in Biafra." No Ikwerre calls himself Igbo.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Unemadu: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ventura1: They always think they are the smartest anywhere they are.
They are disrespectful to their host outside their domain.
They makes their living from others, yet they consider them as fool.
Because of the craving to succeed by all means they engage in shady and illegal businesses

.........TO BE CONTINUED

Your first two statements shows ur insecurity

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
OP is a lier, the first exploration to discover oil wasn't in Owerri, not even in Oloibiri. It took place in today's Ondo State before the outbreak of the First World War by a German company. The loss of the Germany in the war made it stop its operation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari And His First Wife, Safinatu Back In The Years / Recession: What Fashola Posited In 2012. This Is The Reason We Did Not Save... / Blocked From America, Atiku Sells Controversial $2.95M U.S. Home (March 2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.