Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why The Hatred On Igbos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Hatred On Igbos? (3932 Views)

US Report On Igbos!!! Not Again / Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / Dakuku Is Love By Rivers People But The Hatred For Govnor Ameachi Made Him Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: OP is a lier, the first exploration to discover oil wasn't in Owerri, not even in Oloibiri. It took place in today's Ondo State before the outbreak of the First World War by a German company. The loss of the Germany in the war made it stop its operation.
hmmm, I give you yansh oooo
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by uch12(f): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Igbo ndi oma.. Igbo nwelu madu, chukwu gozie bekwalu mu umunne mu ninee bu ndi igbo nuo round d globe. Anyi ya n' akasi, n' amu umu ya abalu anyi ulu not almajiri n' alaye.
Ebe obuna anyi nuo, umu Igbo ndi oma, onye ayakwana nwannne ya.. Ifeaoliseh continue 2 showcase our handiworks..

N' uwa mu ozo. Nga abukwa onye IGBO, actually OMANBALA 2 b precise.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Ikwerre as not a dialect of the Igbo language. Ikwerre people are a distict people that got missed up with Igbo through trade. Read Elechi Amadi's "Sunset in Biafra." No Ikwerre calls himself Igbo.
how come they bear Igbo names?if they are not igbos,who are they? They speak igbo with dialectical variation.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: OP is a lier, the first exploration to discover oil wasn't in Owerri, not even in Oloibiri. It took place in today's Ondo State before the outbreak of the First World War by a German company. The loss of the Germany in the war made it stop its operation.
LOL......that was funny
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: LOL......that was funny
I've given you facts to back my claim. Where is yours to back your claim that oil was first discovered in Owerri?
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
zuchyblink: how come they bear Igbo names?if they are not igbos,who are they? They speak igbo with dialectical variation.
Inter-tribal trade is the reason. Does bearing Yoruba names by Igbirra make them Yoruba?
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I've given you facts to back my claim. Where is yours to back your claim that oil was first discovered in Owerri?
you lies itch my eyes grin grin grin
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
u are gonna make gr8 fortune as a comedian
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by adamskutty(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
englishmart: I hate this thread.
If you are hated, I'm not hated.
The igbos are only being envied.
They wish to be like us. But they just can't.............

I rest my case
u must be high on weed.

who wish to be 419, cannibal, drug traffickers, ashawos, kidnappers, ritualist? definitely not me. grin
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Inter-tribal trade is the reason. Does bearing Yoruba names by Igbirra make them Yoruba?
bros ikwerres are igbos, they speak igbo and we understand them, just that they don't wanna be igbos, so be it, don't bring igbirra and yoruba analogy, igbirras and yorubas are to different entities entirely. We don't see them as igbo any longer, are you happy?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Ventura1: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
Unemadu:

Your first two statements shows ur insecurity

Why do u pose security risk to others? Anywhere there are igbo's, there is always a surge in robbery and other criminal activities. WHY?
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ihuo is an autonomous community in
southeastern Nigeria which is located near
the city of Owerri the capital of Imo State..
The name of the town is often written and
pronounced as Iho. The majority of
materials on this community refer to this
geographical location as Iho-Dimeze and
fondly called "Dimeze" by indigenes. The
geographical coordinates are: 5° 34' 0"
North, 7° 6' 0" East, geographical location:
Ikeduru, Imo, Nigeria, Africa
(Maplandia.com).
Iho is the Headquarters of Ikeduru Local
Government Area of Imo state and located
near the city of Owerri. Petroleum
exploration in Africa started at Iho-Dimeze
Ikeduru, North West of Owerri in Igboland
by Shell D’arcy in the 1930 and today still
holds a very high deposit of Hydrocarbons,
that has not being drilled. However, the first
commercial oil field was discovered in 1956
at Oloibiri in the Niger delta region of
Nigeria
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
nwabekeyi: bros ikwerres are igbos, they speak igbo and we understand them, just that they don't wanna be igbos, so be it, don't bring igbirra and yoruba analogy, igbirras and yorubas are to different entities entirely. We don't see them as igbo any longer, are you happy?
I no get time to talk too much, I wan sleep. Go read Elechi Amadi's "Sunset in Biafra."

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I no get time to talk too much, I wan sleep. Go read Elechi Amadi's "Sunset in Biafra."
go and sleep joor, you are drunk.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
nwabekeyi: you lies itch my eyes grin grin grin
If I have my way, history will be made compulsory from primary school to university.
"If you know your history you will where you are coming from . . ." - Bob Marley.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by suwailad(f): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
The truth is ibo needs to turn to the south for protection, biafra is stale.the new country that will house the ibos and much of southern nigeria will be niger delta confederated states.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by prophetone(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
omenka: You make a valid point. That is how it should be if we were practising true federalism, but given the warped nature of the Nigerian politicosphare, it makes perfect sense to aspire to hold power at the centre.

Looking at what you said from another angle, one could turn your argument of the irrelevance of agitating for the presidency, siting the state of the north as your backup point, on its head! One could say, the dearth of development in the north as compared to the other regions, even though they've had the highest number of chances at the presidency, is a testimony to the selflessness and nationalistic character of leaders of northern extraction! They could argue the northerners had the chance to develop they regions exclusively without question (since most were military regimes answerable to nobody) but rather chosed to uniformly spread development across the country giving their own region FAR LESS!! Hope you follow my drift?

Now, that aside, the fact that northern presidencies hasn't really reflected on the wellbeing on the north doesn't necessarily mean that an Igbo presidency would go thesame way. Have certain bigoted elements on this forum not severally praised Stella Udua for most of the FG sponsored aviation projects in the SE?? What makes you think that if someone like her for instance is made the president (God forbid), a lot more wouldn't be done??

Whatever it is, it pays in Nigeria of today to have good governors, and pays even more to hold power at the centre!
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by 4chi: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ventura1:

Why do u pose security risk to others? Anywhere there are igbo's, there is always a surge in robbery and other criminal activities. WHY?

...because for the eebo, MONEY is the only thing that matters. Higher virtues like honesty,chivalry,respect, comportment, contentment etc, etc are alien to the eebo who will gladly kill his mother, backstab his friend ,engage in all sorts of crimes ranging from prostitution, kidnapping (even his relatives) , counterfeiting and piracy, drug trafficking,establishing baby factories etc,etc, etc all because of filthy lucre.it is indeed ironic that these people cannot reflect and see the tragedy bedeviling them, eebos would hail a common criminal like Stella oduah because she is only acting to type and fulfilling the life long ambition of every eebo person. GET RICH BY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY. meanwhile upon all their cacophonics of being "successful , enterprising and industrious " (in criminality) there is no eebo man in the Forbes list . ...o ma se o!

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 6:00am On Jul 25, 2014
most notable criminals in Nigeria are non-igbos(especially the leaders that have reduced this country to vegetable since 1967 till date)for the people on forbes list,it is just through federal government might(most of them are oil thieves and people given the right to monopolize some sectors)
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2014
List of non-Igbos who dont like money:
1. Sani Abacha (looted at least $60 billion)
2. Ibrahim Babangida (looted at least $12 billion oil revenue from the first gulf war)
3. Umaru Dikko (ran to UK after looting in the second republic)
4. Patricia Etteh
5. Dimeji Bankole
6. James Ibori (jailed in the UK)
7. Diprieye Alamieyesegha
8. Olusegun Obasanjo
9. Tafa Balogun (deposed for looting 5 billion Naira)
10. The Yoruba Naval Rear Admirals dismissed after 2 Oil ships disappeared from Lagos sea ports
11. Lucky Igbinedion (looted Edo state dry)
12. Atiku Abubakar

. . . more to come. . .

zuchyblink: most notable criminals in Nigeria are non-igbos(especially the leaders that have reduced this country to vegetable since 1967 till date)for the people on forbes list,it is just through federal government might(most of them are oil thieves and people given the right to monopolize some sectors)

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by hapi(m): 6:10am On Jul 25, 2014
I hate the igbos because of their blind loyalty to Jonathan, They are dragging this nation backwards by supporting corruption, ineffectiveness and stu.pidity. I just wish this country will split up let them form their biafra and me my beautiful middle belt. Am sure the igbos will destroy each other, very untrustful and criminal set of people.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2014
hapi: I hate the igbos because of their blind loyalty to Jonathan, They are dragging this nation backwards by supporting corruption, ineffectiveness and stu.pidity. I just wish this country will split up let them form their biafra and me my beautiful middle belt. Am sure the igbos will destroy each other, very untrustful and criminal set of people.

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2014
hapi: I hate the igbos because of their blind loyalty to Jonathan, They are dragging this nation backwards by supporting corruption, ineffectiveness and stu.pidity. I just wish this country will split up let them form their biafra and me my beautiful middle belt. Am sure the igbos will destroy each other, very untrustful and criminal set of people.
GEJ is the only civil leader Nigeria have ever produced
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by hapi(m): 6:40am On Jul 25, 2014
zuchyblink: GEJ is the only civil leader Nigeria have ever produced
. So He is being civil by sponsoring impeachment of opposition govs. by condoning corruption sorry mere theft. being civil by not prosecuting abba moro, by not bringing back our girls. igbos and blind support for Jonathan smh.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 25, 2014
hapi: . So He is being civil by sponsoring impeachment of opposition govs. by condoning corruption sorry mere theft. being civil by not prosecuting abba moro, by not bringing back our girls. igbos and blind support for Jonathan smh.
much better than abacha who u did nothing about

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 6:46am On Jul 25, 2014
hapi: . So He is being civil by sponsoring impeachment of opposition govs. by condoning corruption sorry mere theft. being civil by not prosecuting abba moro, by not bringing back our girls. igbos and blind support for Jonathan smh.
Rule by all means spirit.hausa/fulani/yoruba go gaga when they are not in power for the fear of being dominated by others

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by hapi(m): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2014
zuchyblink: Rule by all means spirit.hausa/fulani/yoruba go gaga when they are not in power for the fear of being dominated by others
Nope we are scared of bokoharam, we want a leader that have a solution to it, and we want our girls back. can he solve those two.
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 25, 2014
zuchyblink: Rule by all means spirit.hausa/fulani/yoruba go gaga when they are not in power for the fear of being dominated by others
and they are so quick to dominate others in the name of One Nigeria.

GEJ till 2019 jare
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by zuchyblink(m): 6:59am On Jul 25, 2014
hapi: Nope we are scared of bokoharam, we want a leader that have a solution to it, and we want our girls back. can he solve those two.
desperate politicians using Boko Haram to make the country ungovernable.Boko Haram is a tool used by the opposition to make Nigeria ungovernable.what have the northern elders done to stop Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Milito: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2014

That town is Okitipupa
Re: Why The Hatred On Igbos? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If I have my way, history will be made compulsory from primary school to university.
"If you know your history you will where you are coming from . . ." - Bob Marley.
comedy should be your focal point, stop wasting your time on history, you won't make it there cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Governor Fashola Collects His PVC at Polling Unit Today / International Observers To Monitor IPOB Leader Kanu’s Court Session / The Only Man That Can Win Presidency For Igbo In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.