Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Does God Know The Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Know The Future (1392 Views)

Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? / Did God Know Sin Would Exist After Flooding The Earth? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
As evident in most stories of the bible e.g creation of humans, Noah and the ark e.t.c does God know the future and if you think he does and doesn't please give your evidence
Re: Does God Know The Future by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
God does not exist, much less know anything.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by benatex(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
The Holy Bible says he is d beginning and d end
Re: Does God Know The Future by maputohq: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Apatheist: God does not exist, much less know anything.
God does not exist? then which God are you thanking @ your signature?

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
maputohq:
God does not exist? then which God are you thanking @ your signature?
Don't you get sarcasm?
Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
pesty100: As evident in most stories of the bible e.g creation of humans, Noah and the ark e.t.c does God know the future and if you think he does and doesn't please give your evidence
Good exist and He said He knows the End from the beginning because He is the Alph and Omega, the First and Last, the Beginning and the End

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by maputohq: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Apatheist:
Don't you get sarcasm?
I suspected dat, but want to b sure.
Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
oghalesluv:
God exist and He said He knows the End from the beginning because He is the Alph and Omega, the First and Last, the Beginning and the End
if he knows the future, why didn't know that adam and eve will eat the forbidden fruit?
Re: Does God Know The Future by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
pesty100: if he knows the future, why didn't know that adam and eve will eat the forbidden fruit?
He forgot.
Old age. sad

2 Likes

Re: Does God Know The Future by charlsecy(m): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Yes, GOD knows the future.
Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: if he knows the future, why didn't know that adam and eve will eat the forbidden fruit?
He knew that Adam and Eve will eat the forbidden fruit that is why He forewarn them before hand that there is a tree in the middle of the garden called the forbidden fruit that they should not go and eat it. Read Genesis.2:16-17. But let me write donw some part of verse 17 it reads "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil thou shall not eat... God bless you

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2014
oghalesluv:
He knew that Adam and Eve will eat the forbidden fruit that is why He forewarn them before hand that there is a tree in the middle of the garden called the forbidden fruit that they should not go and eat it. Read Genesis.2:16-17. But let me write donw some part of verse 17 it reads "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil thou shall not eat... God bless you
and he gets angry and curses them, like he didn't know they were gonna eat it.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: and he gets angry and curses them, like he didn't know they were gonna eat it.
If i may ask, if somebody offend you how will you feel? That is why He is God. After being angry and punish them for their sins, He never left them to stray but rather provide another means of survival for them.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by Rossikki: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: and he gets angry and curses them, like he didn't know they were gonna eat it.
The bible "God" is NOT God. Once you understand that basic fact, everything else falls into place.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: As evident in most stories of the bible e.g creation of humans, Noah and the ark e.t.c does God know the future and if you think he does and doesn't please give your evidence

What kind of evidence do you need?
Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
oghalesluv:
If i may ask, if somebody offend you how will you feel? That is why He is God. After being angry and punish them for their sins, He never left them to stray but rather provide another means of survival for them.
can you imagine yourself an all loving God who knows everything and yet still curses adam, eve and the snake like he didn't know they would betray him, it like you were to put a glass cup on a table and you knew you had a stubborn small boy who will break the cup, you get angry because the cup is precious to you, but whose place does the fault lies? You the adult that live the glass cup on the table to be broken(which could have been avoided) or the baby dat doesn't know anything

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: can you imagine yourself an all loving God who knows everything and yet still curses adam, eve and the snake like he didn't know they would betray him, it like you were to put a glass cup on a table and you knew you had a stubborn small boy who will break the cup, you get angry because the cup is precious to you, but whose place does the fault lies? You the adult that live the glass cup on the table to be broken(which could have been avoided) or the baby dat doesn't know anything
So are you trying to tell me that because the child is stubborn and he thoes what is wrong you will not use the cane on him? He is the unquestionable Father He those what pleases Him for our good.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
oghalesluv:
So are you trying to tell me that because the child is stubborn and he thoes what is wrong you will not use the cane on him? He is the unquestionable Father He those what pleases Him for our good.
so God has no morality? So to speak he does as he wish, he gives no rat's ass about any self-servicer

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: so God has no morality? So to speak he does as he wish, he gives no rat's ass about any self-servicer
Doing as He wishes does not mean He has no morality. He does what He wishes to make sure we live the best of life He wantrd us to live. He do what pleases Him in our favour because He knows the best for us. That is why He is called the Ominiscient God.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
oghalesluv:
Doing as He wishes does not mean He has no morality. He does what He wishes to make sure we live the best of life He wantrd us to live. He do what pleases Him in our favour because He knows the best for us. That is why He is called the Ominiscient God.
if he wanted us to behave in a particular manner I don't think he should have given us the ability to behave in another manner

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2014
pesty100: if he wanted us to behave in a particular manner I don't think he should have given us the ability to behave in another manner
He is a father that loves His children hence he gave us choice to do what we please. But He advices us to good only so we can enjoy all the good things He has for us He never impose any thing on us rather he gives us option to chose but in choosing He know we will choose wrong so He advices to choose the right option. See Isaiah 1:18-20

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2014
oghalesluv:
He is a father that loves His children hence he gave us choice to do what we please. But He advices us to good only so we can enjoy all the good things He has for us He never impose any thing on us rather he gives us option to chose but in choosing He know we will choose wrong so He advices to choose the right option. See Isaiah 1:18-20
he. Never impose anything on us yet he promises eternal burning to those that disobey him. So much for giving us a choice.

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2014
oghalesluv:
he knew they will eat the fruit and yet he still warns them, that's contradictory

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2014
pesty100: he knew they will eat the fruit and yet he still warns them, that's contradictory
How is it contradictory? Assuming you kept something on the table and you have a child in the house with you and you are about to leave the house with the child and that thing you kept on the table, you know that the child will go and touch it. I believe you will warn the child that if he touches that thing you will cane him when you return. Have you not said it before or done it before? Just be truthful to yourself. Good bless you. Jesus loves you

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2014
pesty100: he. Never impose anything on us yet he promises eternal burning to those that disobey him. So much for giving us a choice.
Yes because it is you choice. He said everyone that dis obey will be burn in fire He also said that those that will obey Him will enjoy life. So if you see it is optional to you to choose either to obey or disobey Him. The choice is yours to decide. Being a loving father, He advices you to obey Him that you will enjoy life. Read Deuteronomy.28:1 to the end. From verse 1-14 tells us the blessing of obeying Him will from verse 15-68 tells us the curseing for not obeying Him so it is left for you. Obey Him and enjoy life

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2014
oghalesluv:
Yes because it is you choice. He said everyone that dis obey will be burn in fire He also said that those that will obey Him will enjoy life. So if you see it is optional to you to choose either to obey or disobey Him. The choice is yours to decide. Being a loving father, He advices you to obey Him that you will enjoy life. Read Deuteronomy.28:1 to the end. From verse 1-14 tells us the blessing of obeying Him will from verse 15-68 tells us the curseing for not obeying Him so it is left for you. Obey Him and enjoy life
its like the case of a thief putting gun to your Head, he says give me your money(obey me) or die(burn in hell fire), won't you say the thief is imposing his own will on you, as a ration human being your preferable choice will be to give him your money(obey) because you love you life(doesn't want to burn forever). Tell me something? its not like you had any choice in this particular situation, if there were really no threat from the thief you wouldn't have given him your money to save your life.... It pure and simple the thief has imposed his will on you; it more like an illusion of free choice

2 Likes

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2014
oghalesluv:
How is it contradictory? Assuming you kept something on the table and you have a child in the house with you and you are about to leave the house with the child and that thing you kept on the table, you know that the child will go and touch it. I believe you will warn the child that if he touches that thing you will cane him when you return. Have you not said it before or done it before? Just be truthful to yourself. Good bless you. Jesus loves you
you will still have kept the stuFf on the table because you would have had doubts, but an all knowing being would have certainly known what will happen, or re you saying like you illustration he had doubts

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
pesty100: you will still have kept the stuFf on the table because you would have had doubts, but an all knowing being would have certainly known what will happen, or re you saying like you illustration he had doubts
ur rightup is not too clear for my understanding please make it more clearly. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2014
pesty100: its like the case of a thief putting gun to your Head, he says give me your money(obey me) or die(burn in hell fire), won't you say the thief is imposing his own will on you, as a ration human being your preferable choice will be to give him your money(obey) because you love you life(doesn't want to burn forever). Tell me something? its not like you had any choice in this particular situation, if there were really no threat from the thief you wouldn't have given him your money to save your life.... It pure and simple the thief has imposed his will on you; it more like an illusion of free choice
your illustration has nothing to do with burning forever. Anyway is stil your choice to die and do not make use of that money rather you live to make that money again. Remember when there is life there is hope. But what we are talking here is life after this life it has no comparism with this life. God bless you. Remember Jesus Loves you

1 Like

Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
oghalesluv:
your illustration has nothing to do with burning forever. Anyway is stil your choice to die and do not make use of that money rather you live to make that money again. Remember when there is life there is hope. But what we are talking here is life after this life it has no comparism with this life. God bless you. Remember Jesus Loves you
am trying to join my illustration with the concept of heaven and hell it only your choice if you choose to understand or not
Re: Does God Know The Future by pesty100(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
oghalesluv:
ur rightup is not too clear for my understanding please make it more clearly. Thank you
I meant the only reason you kept the stuff on your table is because of your doubts, but your God wouldn't have had any doubts about what will happen. Or did he have doubts?
Re: Does God Know The Future by oghalesluv(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote
author=pesty100] I meant the only reason you kept the stuff on your
table is because of your doubts, but your God wouldn't have had any
doubts about what will happen. Or did he have doubts?[/quote]Remember that the bible say says "the god of this world has blinded the eyes of me in knowing the will of God. so there is nothing i will say now that you will agree exepect the Lord intervain and the bible portion is 2corinthians 4:4 read for yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools: The Way Forward / Does God Hear And Answer The Prayers Of Sinners Or Unbelievers? / Why Do Atheist Waste So Much Time On Christian Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.