Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,600 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

I Give Up On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Give Up On Nigeria (1059 Views)

They Give You Bridges I Give You University - Jonathan / No Reliable Statistics On Nigeria's Poverty Rate- World Bank / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Speech On Nigeria’s Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Give Up On Nigeria by motif8(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
i use to be very optimistic about this country until i saw how corruption has eaten deep into every sector in this country. I went for business in PH since saturday and after everything, i checked out from my hotel at rumuola and enter first bank to use ATM and the machine debited my last card without cash, i rushed in and complained and they directed me to my bank GTB, i rushed there, i explained, i filled form and the customer care officer said i cant get it back until the next day. Out of cash and no option, i went back to hotel and i sat at the reception till this morning, and up till this moment bank did not return my money. Now i have to take the risk of night journey by road. My question is this, cant the useless atm be buit with sensor to stop functioning when there is no cash, the CBN has spent fortune on cashless policiy campaign and the policy is failing us everyday. Why is it that we cant doi things right in this part of the world
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by tit(f): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
idiot!
you abuse the giant of africa
because we chop your pipty naira.
cant you sacrifice little for the greater good?
if to say you win the contract now
you go dey cry dey lament like this?
be positive and optimistic
and do not travel at night.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by nerodenero: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fustration leads to lamentation as seen in the OP's submission. Pele wink cheesy grin smiley
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by hiwalls(m): 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
tit: idiot!
pls lets be rationale when responding issues like wat that Person did. Am very sure is happening to u n every Body els sometime our banks can be negligent in there services lets harmonise n find a way out.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by iluvnaija: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
If you want things to work again in this country, vote out PDP come 2015

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by tit(f): 12:01am On Jul 25, 2014
hiwalls: pls lets be rationale when responding issues like wat that Person did. Am very sure is happening to u n every Body els sometime our banks can be negligent in there services lets harmonise n find a way out.

Shuooo!
Do you and the op sound rational,
... and proportional kpaa kpaa!
Give up on Nigeria because GTB chop your money?
Do you know how many times i have lost money to pick-pockets?
Did I do coup?

So you fit join op do suicide bombing because of some small change?
I gave him the only real advice he needed.
Avoid Night Travel!
Salaam!
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by hiwalls(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
tit:

Shuooo!
Did I do coup?

Avoid Night Travel!
Salaam!
dueces
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Decibel: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
Of recent
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sorry bro. You don broke sha.
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Imoy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
And so? How does ur giving up or giving down helps to solve the insecurity challenges?

Mtsww. Notice me na hin dey worry u
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by MARKone(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
OP word of advice, never use ur GTB card in First Bank's ATM machine, they don't mix well. Besides, this is not enuf reason to give up on your county wink
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Frustration, Am just imaging the OP's situation and his anger is justified..
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Onyegecha(f): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
MARKone: OP word of advice, never use ur GTB card in First Bank's ATM machine, they don't mix well. Besides, this is not enuf reason to give up on your county wink

It is enough reason, my dear. We live in a country that does not take citizen's welfare seriously. The experience he narrated is not funny at all, but i guess we should keep hope alive that one day, a Daniel will come to judgement.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
motif8: i use to be very optimistic about this country until i saw how corruption has eaten deep into every sector in this country. I went for business in PH since saturday and after everything, i checked out from my hotel at rumuola and enter first bank to use ATM and the machine debited my last card without cash, i rushed in and complained and they directed me to my bank GTB, i rushed there, i explained, i filled form and the customer care officer said i cant get it back until the next day. Out of cash and no option, i went back to hotel and i sat at the reception till this morning, and up till this moment bank did not return my money. Now i have to take the risk of night journey by road. My question is this, cant the useless atm be buit with sensor to stop functioning when there is no cash, the CBN has spent fortune on cashless policiy campaign and the policy is failing us everyday. Why is it that we cant doi things right in this part of the world
stanbic ibtc in aba road ph debited me without dispensing. Took me 1 full month to get the money back

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
MARKone: OP word of advice, never use ur GTB card in First Bank's ATM machine, they don't mix well. Besides, this is not enuf reason to give up on your county wink
exactly. First bank in ph don't pay gtbak card holders. That's sheer wickedness. I saw he'll in ph when I went there in June. I had to withdraw from gtbank ATMs all d time
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by hiwalls(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
tit:

Shuooo!
Did I do coup?

Avoid Night Travel!6
Salaam!
Shoo shaa my asz i doubt if u know wat corporate Terrorism is
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by antartica(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
How can a machine debit your account without giving you cash?Is that magic or what?What does the summation come from?No money issued,yet your money has disappeared from the the system.
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by chux4liv(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op, the response and solution to your predicament is contained in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1817296/how-avoid-reduce-atm-dispense

dispense error usually occur due to cash jam in the ATM dispenser and the poor quality of notes banks load in the AtM
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by BRAV0O(m): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
tit: idiot!
phools plenty for nairaland true true , brother is this ur best response ? I pity ur destiny!

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by hiwalls(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2014
tit:

Shuooo!
Did I do coup?

Avoid Night Travel!do ulsenceam!
does dat make sense atall olshi olobruko
Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by Airforce1(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2014
iluvnaija: [s]If you want things to work again in this country, vote out PDP come 2015[/s]

Re: I Give Up On Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
motif8: i use to be very optimistic about this country until i saw how corruption has eaten deep into every sector in this country. I went for business in PH since saturday and after everything, i checked out from my hotel at rumuola and enter first bank to use ATM and the machine debited my last card without cash, i rushed in and complained and they directed me to my bank GTB, i rushed there, i explained, i filled form and the customer care officer said i cant get it back until the next day. Out of cash and no option, i went back to hotel and i sat at the reception till this morning, and up till this moment bank did not return my money. Now i have to take the risk of night journey by road. My question is this, cant the useless atm be buit with sensor to stop functioning when there is no cash, the CBN has spent fortune on cashless policiy campaign and the policy is failing us everyday. Why is it that we cant doi things right in this part of the world
First Bank ATMs in port harcourt dont pay GTBank customers. those guys showed me hell when i went to ph last month

(1) (Reply)

0haneze Youths Give Northern Govs 21-day Ultimatum / Top 10 Notorious Hate Groups - Video / What Is The Essence Of The TAN Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.