Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 (10423 Views)

Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003 / Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2014
harde2lah:
This is the reason why both regions are licking gej's butt now. Everything is all about who will gej handover to in 2019?

I AM VERY SURE. GEJ WILL NEVER HANDOVER TO IBO. IF IBO LIKE, THEY SHOULD LICK GEJ'S BUTT TILL JESUS COME.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2014
Abagworo:

Igbos have a self-hate syndrome. I don't know if its as a result of our legendary decentralised system of Government or the psychological effects of losing a war. Orji Kalu almost emerged with PPA after he came 4th in 2007 Presidential elections and won 2 Igbo States of Imo and Abia with his PPA but within a few months both Governors joined PDP and killed Orji's political influence. Today the brightest Igbo leader is Rochas Okorocha but as usual many of those Igbo politicians are busy looking for ways to bring him down and elevate a non-Igbo.

You have a point and I agree with you. Leaders need to give people benefit rather than infusing hatred into them. This I think distinguish Azikiwe/Rochas from Ojukwu. Make no mistake, I admire his boldness to stand for what he believes in, I respect his Ideologies but I don't agree with them. Same way I don't agree with Jonathan's Leadership style

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
the days of self criticism is over, if you want to be accepted in the east, Attack the hausas or Yorubas and you become the son of the soil. Recent igbo leaders ride on that emotion.
I believe that emerging leaders like you have a role to play in eastern politics. I don't see why leaders will be riding on emotions to gain follower-ship and acceptance rather than offering value

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2014
harde2lah:

If we can have 10 people like you at the helm of affairs, Nigeria will be great again..
I believe we have more than 1million that of you that can successfully sail the ship of Nigeria's Governance.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by oderemo(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

C scrubbing. 1000 gbosa.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: I believe that emerging leaders like you have a role to play in eastern politics. I don't see why leaders will be riding on emotions to gain follower-ship and acceptance rather than offering value
suicidal, have you seen what i, berem, Abagworo, eziachi, cleverly face on this forum? I believe it's a phase that will pass, i pray peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
suicidal, have you seen what i, berem, Abagworo, eziachi, cleverly face on this forum? I believe it's a phase that will pass, i pray peacefully.
Sorry it won't pass just by prayer. Berem is too political in her judgement-My opinion
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Sorry it won't pass just by prayer. Berem is too political in her judgement-My opinion
i don't believe in prayers without action too. Well this is the politics section, berem cant be wrong.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
i don't believe in prayers without action too. Well this is the politics section, berem cant be wrong.
I am not saying she's wrong though. You emerging leaders have huge task
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: I am not saying she's wrong though. You emerging leaders have huge task
sure.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by ojimbo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
OP. Since the history of nigeria till 2010. I mean until the saviour(GEJ) came. There have been nothing like ELECTION, all what was happening then was SELECTION
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by JEITO: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Shuoo! Y dis otunba leave wia e for hit leg, go dey quarrel wit wia im for fall put na?

Wetin bring late ojukwu come 2015 matter abi dem pay u to deviate our attention?
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by djfaithy: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
I'm impressed with the comments I've read so far on this thread, I think we are now getting matured to reason like a normal human being, one thing I'm very sure of, is that biafra,arewa nation or odua nation will not work, even if it does, none of them will ever be as great as Nigeria is and could have been, if we can always say the truth no matter what, you and I can fix this mess, we don't have to thread the path of our fathers that led to loss of lives, we don't have to let Nigeria continue the way obj left her, infact we are not suppose to have anything to do with obj anymore in this country and there's no how we could do that, than doing away with his stooge and replace him with people's choice, it doesn't have to be buhari, it could be rochas, it could be fashola, it could be oshiomole, kwakwaso,tambuwal,chime,utomi and so many other Nigerians that are trustworthy to a certain extent..... I'm a yoruba man, but I will vote for rochas under APGA, than jonathan under PDP and hbuhari under APC since we can't vow that there won't be more problems than we are facing if buhari emerge as the president.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by djfaithy: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
JEITO: Shuoo! Y dis otunba leave wia e for hit leg, go dey quarrel wit wia im for fall put na?

Wetin bring late ojukwu come 2015 matter abi dem pay u to deviate our attention?
no they are calling your attention to what matters and not what doesn't, is it not alarming and call for a great referendum, the way igbos have been sidelined in this country, yeah some of you keep bragging that you do not care about Nigeria's presidency but we both know that's self deceit, and if you guys continue the way you've been doing on NL, igbos may never be the president of this country, so we really need to ask serious question and fix this mess if you guys are going to allow a free flow of reasonable comments and opinions, you may not care about us, but we care about you, what we can't take is you making enemy with us for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sweet thread !!

Igbo is one ethnic group whose mathmatics is easily solvable !!

One ethnic with One direction ------ The wrong way !!

Blaming their woes on other ethnics since 1960 cheesy

I won't be surprised if Igbo blamed Yorubas in 2019 for allowing them (igbo) to follow Jonathan in 2015 grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by jjcbuthot: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
useless bunch of human beings. How many of them voted for Ojukwu when he contested?

Igbo presidency ko, Igbo emirship ni.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by after1: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

Jezuz shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Still waiting for a yoruba response to these issues ==>

gratiaeo:
Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.

Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.

Did Abiola die a fulfilled man NO , his paddy paddy IBB messed him up big time, and he was later imprisoned, chained, tortured and later poisoned to death. Some top military officers watched his Compromizing Video with Kudurat while he was in prison, what a shame!!!. Northern military officers make mockery of his heavenly feeling groans. liking it to that of a se'x starved ape, that is the height of humiliation, the Compromizing Video was circulated among Hausa officers and few Igbos. Abiola’s se'x heavenly feeling groans was/is still a butt of joke on Yorubas. Kudurat was later slaughtered like a sallah ram.

Shenokan was humiliated out of office like a street tout after just 80 days in office.
Diya, Adisa, Olaruwaju was humiliated and thrown out of office like an
The list is endless Bola Ige and others
so Yorubas ve not really achieved much after the war, the Igbos ve taken over Lagos with their 20 pound, making Yorubas tenants in Lagos Yorubas are the greatest losers of all times.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
I've never taken these people seriously for once.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Ayus34(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
iykak47: ....Also your hero Chief Jeremiah Awolowo contested election in 1979 and 1983 under UPN, do i need to remind you the outcome? He (a senior lawyer) was defeated by a primary school teacher, Shehu Shagari.
remember AWO won election in his region,but ojukwu lost woefully in his region..........so different from your permutation!

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: I've never taken these people seriously for once.
yes, that is why you are on every Igbo thread. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 16, 2015
quid:
Awolowo: the best president nigeria NEVER had
was awolowo a Nigeria president.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2015
This thread is simply prophetic.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by egbaguy: 6:56am On Aug 26, 2015
Nairaland nva forgets............ Back then,@barcanista do think with his brain,but now,he does with his anus

3 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by phyllosilicate(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2015
Obiagelli:

the days of self criticism is over, if you want to be accepted in the east, Attack the hausas or Yorubas and you become the son of the soil. Recent igbo leaders ride on that emotion.
it seems as if this comment was made today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Omololu007(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Omololu007(m): 9:07am On Aug 26, 2015
djfaithy:
I'm impressed with the comments I've read so far on this thread, I think we are now getting matured to reason like a normal human being, one thing I'm very sure of, is that biafra,arewa nation or odua nation will not work, even if it does, none of them will ever be as great as Nigeria is and could have been.
these is bullshit
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 9jatriot(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2015
Hahaha. So the protection seeker went this far before now.

The person that dug out this thread is wicked.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2015
The protection seeker's antics laid bare.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by princdebola201(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2015
Seriously I never knew Plate of Eba have been contesting in an Election since 1983 and he never won till he kick bucket

IKE -EBA OJUKWU IS A TOOTHLESS LION

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:
The protection seeker's antics laid bare.

Let me sound it once again, IGBOS DO NOT NEED THE PRESIDENCY OR POLITICAL APPOINTMENT; THEY HAVE ALWAYS EXCELLED WITHOUT IT!  Tell your messengers that your message did not sail through and return back their money!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9th NASS: Lawan, Ndume, Gbajabiamila, others in last minute horse-trading / Buhari To Travel To Niger Republic With Three Governors / Nigerian Journalist Suspended From Union For Publishing Fake Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.