Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 (10424 Views)

Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003 / Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by themilanway(m): 11:33am On Aug 26, 2015
So the protection seeker as far back as july 2014 never agreed with the leadership style of Jonathan?

He even listed numerous times how and where Ojukwu was humilated by his own kinsmen.

I'm feeling sorry for his dumb and ass licking followers.

Between him and his followers,one must be fooling the other.Some one should help me with answer.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
themilanway:
So the protection seeker as far back as july 2014 never agreed with the leadership style of Jonathan?

He even listed numerous times how and where Ojukwu was humilated by his own kinsmen.

I'm feeling sorry for his dumb and ass licking followers.

Between him and his followers,one must be fooling the other.Some one should help me with answer.

He simply understood their vulnerability and took their heads for a ride.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

He simply understood their vulnerability and took their heads for a ride.

Biafra is a moving train, if the suicidal ones once standing in front of it, come back to their senses and decide to board the train, we thank God for their lives and keep moving, if they don't, we still keep moving.

We were strongly pro Biafran and see Ojukwu as a hero when Barcanista was pro Arewa-Odua, and we remained pro Biafran and still see Ojukwu as a hero, after Barcanista crossed over, and even now that he has gone awol, we are still pro Biafra an see Ojukwu as a hero.

What does that tell you?
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:

Biafra is a moving train, if the suicidal ones once standing in front of it, come back to their senses and decide to board the train, we thank God for their life and keep moving, if they don't, we still keep moving.

We were strongly pro Biafran and see Ojukwu as a hero when Barcanista was pro Arewa-Odua, and we remained pro Biafran and still see Ojukwu as a hero, after Barcanista crossed over, and even now that he has gone awol, we are still pro Biafra an see Ojukwu as a hero.

What does that tell you?

That tells me you were used for the elections and dumped. The protection seeker does not give a rats behind about your Biafra.

barcanista:
Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

That tells me you were used for the elections and dumped. The protection seeker does not give a rats behind about your Biafra.
Lol, and you think we give a rat about him?

Before he became pro GEJ, we were already pro GEJ, after he joined the GEJ camp, we remained pro GEJ.

Our support for GEJ remained constant, independent of where Barcanista pitched his tent.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:

Lol, and you think we give a rat about him?

Before he became pro GEJ, we were already pro GEJ, after he joined the GEJ camp, we remained pro GEJ.

Our support for GEJ remained constant, independent of where Barcanista pitched his tent.

Great. Now why did Late Ojukwu run for President of a united Nigeria twice after causing tremendous loss of life in his quest for an independent Biafra?. Lets keep the discourse clean.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by nwadiuko1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

I just saw this now....barcanister did you really say this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

Great. Now why did Late Ojukwu run for President of a united Nigeria twice after causing tremendous loss of life in his quest for an independent Biafra?. Lets keep the discourse clean.

Ojukwu had an Igbo spirit, he was a free man, free to make his own choices and life decisions.
He decided to run for Nigerian president for reasons best known to him, I am not a mind reader, I can only guess.
I think he ran for presidency because he wanted to inspire Ndiigbo, to show us the importance of unity, to show us the hypocrisy of Nigerians, who will accuse Ndiigbo of being tribalists, sentimental and still stuck in Biafra if we decide to vote for one of our own, but will also accuse us of being stupid, politically naive and incapable of uniting for a cause, if we decide to vote other Nigerians.

Thanks to Ojukwu running for presidency, we now know that even if Ndiigbo decided to vote for Buhari and against GEJ, the Odua-Arewa would have still made us villains for not voting GEJ.

Thanks to Ojukwu, sensible Biafrans now know that Ndiigbo can never please the Arewa-Odua, because they( Arewa-Odua) have created a political game in Nigeria, in which the Igbo must be made villains, irrespective of the path we take, we must end up as villains, we can never win in their eyes.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
And oh, it wasn't Ojukwu who caused tremendous loss of lives in Biafra.

It was the Arewa-Odua who decided that Biafra must not be, and then invaded Biafra, leaving death in their wake.

This is history as we know it. Ojukwu remains a hero.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
nwadiuko1:
I just saw this now....barcanister did you really say this?

Barcanista was a rabid Igbophobic Ijaw man before he switched sides to GEJ camp.

Most Igbos here know him, I personally had many exchanges with him during his Igbophobic era.

I am surprised you didn't know that. At a point Ndiigbo here were convinced he was a Yoruba, as we only witness such level of Igbophobia from Yorubas mainly.
Barcanista had to at a point Post his voters identity card here to prove he was really from Okrika in Rivers state.

If there is a scale to measure Igbophobia, ranging from 0 to 10, Barcanista was a perfect 10.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

pazienza:

Ojukwu had an Igbo spirit, he was a free man, free to make his own choices and life decisions.
He decided to run for Nigerian president for reasons best known to him, I am not a mind reader, I can only guess.
I think he ran for presidency because he wanted to inspire Ndiigbo, to show us the importance of unity, to show us the hypocrisy of Nigerians, who will accuse Ndiigbo of being tribalists, sentimental and still stuck in Biafra if we decide to vote for one of our own, but will also accuse us of being stupid, politically naive and incapable of uniting for a cause, if we decide to vote other Nigerians.

Thanks to Ojukwu running for presidency, we now know that even if Ndiigbo decided to vote for Buhari and against GEJ, the Odua-Arewa would have still made us villains for not voting GEJ.

Thanks to Ojukwu, sensible Biafrans now know that Ndiigbo can never please the Arewa-Odua, because they( Arewa-Odua) have created a political game in Nigeria, in which the Igbo must be made villains, irrespective of the path we take, we must end up as villains, we can never win in their eyes.

Mallam, now that you have an answer on Ojukwu, provide honest answers to these questions:

*Tell me, why is it that your people find it difficult to survive without forgery, falsification of figures, wanton treasury looting and lies You can buttress your point with the census exercises carried out thus far in the country. 

*Why do Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris vehemently oppose the restructuring of the country You can use the 2014 National Conference as a case study.

*From the rigged election results statistics you advertised earlier, if Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri had/have the clout to win national elections why are you addicted to using underage voters

*Your slaves in the South have begun preaching a new message cum propaganda of how peace-loving and accommodative Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been to the Igbos in the North. And that it's the Igbos that have always provoked their host to massacring them. Okay! My question is, if indeed Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been peace-loving and accommodative, why are such gestures not extended to the Christian minorities in the North and Middle-belt

*For many decades now Fulani herdsmen have continued to exhibit despicable attitudes and heartlessness with reckless abandon, trespassing on indigenous peasants' farmlands, destroying their crops, killing the people and chasing them far away from their ancestral lands. Why have you chosen these path of destruction

*Explain in clear, plain language what you understand by the ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”.
Who made the statement and why 
Hint: It was such famous incitement and threat amongst others that metamorphosed into the carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election.

*"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Why did your god, Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly utter this comment in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and you bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people? 

*How can a country built on a false and faulty foundation still attempts to progress by concealing the truth?

Be sincere and objective for once even if the truth is bitter and hurts!

Imokay:
Some pictures here will disturb you, but please this madness must stop.Something is hurting me and as each day goes by, it gets worse.

The blogs rarely report this. Its voice is muted on TV and radio. But for us that are affected, this voice is loud. Sometimes it is a shout, sometimes it is a cry, sometimes it is a prayer, sometimes it is just a hollow empty sound.
Berom people are being wiped out one family at a time. It started 14years ago. Our men, our women, our children are being murdered on the streets, on their farms, in their sleep, on the way to school and sometimes still in the womb.
The culprits are called Unknown gunmen. They are unknown to the security agencies, unknown to the bloggers, unknown to TV, Radio and Newspapers. They are most terrifyingly unknown to the presidency. Funny thing is if you ask a 3 year old Berom boy who they are, he will tell you. I heard a statement from the FG vowing to deal with cattle rustlers and to protect cattle rearers. The Fulanis that carry AK47s alongside their sticks?But nothing was said of the farmers (Beroms). So who will protect the farmers? Who will protect their families from the cattle rearers?
My mother’s village is practically empty. The women and children are squatting in town. The men form bands, like vigilantes knowing that they cannot turn their backs away from their ancestral lands or they will be lost forever.
That is the plan. Shey you all know. It is a war to claim territory." We make their villages unsafe, they run away and we can roam and graze freely. 100years from now, no one will dispute it is ours." It is a long term plan but one family a night, in a year thousands are killed year in year out and the plan is taking shape.
A chemical explosion at British America in Lamingo area in Jos and the Federal Government orders an investigation. Families are being snuffed out, not a word. He is chasing money for people that are dying. When (if) he gets this money, how many will be alive to benefit from it? I am speaking about my people, who are displaced all over plateau state. In my family house in Jos, we cook with a huge pot outside. I cannot tell you how much it costs. We will bear the cost, if only we knew when help will come.
The rest of Nigeria is looking at the North East, but they have hope. Who is looking at the North Central? We are looking at ourselves. When people from Benue speak, we understand only too well.
Someone asked what the security agencies are doing, we are asking the same. I remember when the soldiers in Vom were pursued by women baring their breasts. They were camping in the midst of Vom people and still families were being killed.
I understand America’s unwillingness to give up their guns. Too many crazy people. If the Berom people decided to bear arms, who in honesty will blame them? How do you look at the corpses of children with their milky bloody brains on the floor next to their severed heads and not burn with murderous rage? How do you look at young pretty girls wearing tights in the Jos morning cold strewn on the floor in awkward positions on half harvested potato farms and not want vengeance? How do you wrap the bodies of your 65 year old uncle, his younger brother, his wife and two children in wrappers and lay them side by side in a large dug out red dirt ditch and still feel human? How does a mother stop being a mother when her breasts are still leaking with milk for a baby hacked to death with a cutlass? She would hug the older children for comfort, only they were killed too.
And O ye kinsmen of Fulani, that jump into every thread and talk about how much cattle the Fulani have lost. Can you help us do a body count? Count your cattle and victims and we will count just our bodies. If ours is higher, will you stop? Will your thirsty god finally be appeased? I am equating the lives of my people to your cows. I am to understand they are precious to you. You have killed our old, young and the babies. You have spared no one.
I call on President Buhari because he said he is for us all. Not just the cattle rearers.
Plateau state voted almost 50%, hear our cries.
Lastly, no one should mention graze reserves. You cannot soak a land with the blood of its indigenes and then hand it over to their killers. Your cows will be eating blood grass.As i was putting this piece together, new cries, young able bodied men,with lives snuffed out of them by unknown gun men. Help us please, come to our aid........people here that campaigned, hep us get the president, maybe no one is telling him. We learn from the last administration, that people in power can be isolated from things happening and that was or confidence i this new administration. The President must hear, know and act.
Ya Yesu Adagwi, see our tears. Save our children.

Pix 1 and 2 Pictures of the victims.
Pix 3 Victims murdered in cold blood.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
500GP:

THAT'S ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. DID OJUKWU KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE HE DIED OF HEART ATTACK?

IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR REGION OR TRIBE TO CAMPAIGN FOR POLITICAL POSITION, THE ELECTORATE WILL FIND OUT ABOUT THE REGION YOU COME FROM

In reality, yes. but realities are subject to Change. If anyone told PMB his harshest rivals will leave ACN, APGA and PDP and form a national movement to make him president he would describe the prophecy as unrealistic. Castro once gave two "impossible" postulations for the normalization of diplomatic relations with US, namely, (1) There will be a black president (2) There will be a Latin American Pope. 50 years ago those postulations were Utopian. Today, that is the reality! To Nigeria. Anyone with the right 3Ms can be the President. these are: the Right Motivation, the Right Management, the Right Money. to compelling degrees the Right 3Ms coincides in PMB. He wept, chose modesty far below his rank, GENUINELY mixed with commoners, liberalized his political philosophy, and his rivals elevated him. I dare say in barcanista time, things will have become a little better. cheers
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
xtrorse:

[s]Mallam, now that you have an answer on Ojukwu, provide honest answers to these questions:

*Tell me, why is it that your people find it difficult to survive without forgery, falsification of figures, wanton treasury looting and lies You can buttress your point with the census exercises carried out thus far in the country. 

*Why do Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris vehemently oppose the restructuring of the country You can use the 2014 National Conference as a case study.

*From the rigged election results statistics you advertised earlier, if Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri had/have the clout to win national elections why are you addicted to using underage voters

*Your slaves in the South have begun preaching a new message cum propaganda of how peace-loving and accommodative Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been to the Igbos in the North. And that it's the Igbos that have always provoked their host to massacring them. Okay! My question is, if indeed Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been peace-loving and accommodative, why are such gestures not extended to the Christian minorities in the North and Middle-belt

*For many decades now Fulani herdsmen have continued to exhibit despicable attitudes and heartlessness with reckless abandon, trespassing on indigenous peasants' farmlands, destroying their crops, killing the people and chasing them far away from their ancestral lands. Why have you chosen these path of destruction

*Explain in clear, plain language what you understand by the ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”.
Hint: It was such famous incitement and threat amongst others that metamorphosed into the carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election.

*"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future

Why did your god, Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly utter this comment in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and you bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people? 

*How can a country built on a false and faulty foundation still attempts to progress by concealing the truth?

Be sincere and objective for once even if the truth is bitter and hurts![/s]

Read my moniker. I do not have to explain anything to YOU. Make the effort for the change you seek.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:
And oh, it wasn't Ojukwu who caused tremendous loss of lives in Biafra.

It was the Arewa-Odua who decided that Biafra must not be, and then invaded Biafra, leaving death in their wake.

This is history as we know it. Ojukwu remains a hero.

It was Ojukwu's thirst for oil and nothing else. Why the uprising in the first place? Who threw the first salvo?

Ojukwu betrayed the people he wasted by running for President TWICE, being ridiculed in the process and being rejected roundly by the SS and the SE.

That is the cold hard fact.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

Mallam, now that you have an answer on Ojukwu, provide honest answers to these questions:

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

In reality, yes. but realities are subject to Change. If anyone told PMB his harshest rivals will leave ACN, APGA and PDP and form a national movement to make him president he would describe the prophecy as unrealistic. Castro once gave two "impossible" postulations for the normalization of diplomatic relations with US, namely, (1) There will be a black president (2) There will be a Latin American Pope. 50 years ago those postulations were Utopian. Today, that is the reality! To Nigeria. Anyone with the right 3Ms can be the President. these are: the Right Motivation, the Right Management, the Right Money. to compelling degrees the Right 3Ms coincides in PMB. He wept, chose modesty far below his rank, GENUINELY mixed with commoners, liberalized his political philosophy, and his rivals elevated him. I dare say in barcanista time, things will have become a little better. cheers

Your reasoning above is all hogwash and holds no water in the Nigeria of today. In Nigeria as it's currently structured, your theorisation is false and baseless and cannot work. What works and worked for Buhari is pure systematic rigging! If you're sincere you would dwell majorly on the massive restructuring of the system.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

It was Ojukwu's thirst for oil and nothing else. Why the uprising in the first place? Who threw the first salvo?

Ojukwu betrayed the people he wasted by running for President TWICE, being ridiculed in the process and being rejected roundly by the SS and the SE.

Mallam, I know you are already drunk to stupor with the crude oil from another man's backyard, and that's why you have remained mischievous while hiding under the guise of objectivity.
Amongst other issues, I have being expecting you to provide honest answers as to why your people have continued to unleash terror and mayhem on Christian minorities and Southerners in the North and in the Middle-belt.

But I shall continue to burst open your silly arrogance.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future

damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

Thank God this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many who thinks that Igbos and Niger Deltans are not United, as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Sweetlemon(f): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
barcanista:

LMAO!
When I say that politically, Igbos don't just seem to know what EXACTLY they want, some low self-esteemed bull will start stalking me.
They don't want Presidency, they don't want biafra, they don't want the senate, they don't want nada. The most painful thing is that they now blame others for their lack of not knowing what they want.
Business-wise Igbos are the bomb, academically Igbos are hot, professionally Igbos no dey carry last. But politically? Chai! As in ehn. ZERO.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
Sweetlemon:

LMAO!
When I say that politically, Igbos don't just seem to know what EXACTLY they want, some low self-esteemed bull will start stalking me.
They don't want Presidency, they don't want biafra, they don't want the senate, they don't want nada. The most painful thing is that they now blame others for their lack of not knowing what they want.
Business-wise, Igbos are the bomb, academically, Igbos are hot, professionally, Igbos no dey carry last. But politically? Chai! As in ehn. ZERO.

Misery of a Melancholic Masturbating Masturbator, whining, weeping and wailing profusely on every available media with thick mucous dripping down their smelly noses as if their life sustenance is being taken away from them! You aren't seen nothing yet...
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Sweetlemon(f): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
Obiagelli:

the days of self criticism is over, if you want to be accepted in the east, Attack the hausas or Yorubas and you become the son of the soil. Recent igbo leaders ride on that emotion.

This is why NL Igbos hate me so much. Most just can't stomach the fact that an Akwa-Ibomite can join forces with other regions and not the SE.
Sorry my dears, I will NEVER ever accept your style of hate-Yoruba-and-Hausa politics cos it leads absolutely nowhere at all whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:

pazienza:

How can one thirst for oil already located in one's region?
Is it a must to co exist with the Arewa-Odua?
If someone doesn't want to you, the natural reaction is to cut off the person, forcing the person to stay with you only proves you are desperate and a parasite.

Gowon declared war on Biafra, Biafra didn't declare war on Nigeria, isn't this a common knowledge.

Ndiigbo didn't vote for Ojukwu, but instead voted for a non Igbo, shouldn't this be a cause to praise Ndiigbo for our altruistic nature? Which other group in Nigeria had ever voted a person from another region over theirs? Shouldn't we be praised for our patriotism? No, you look for a way to turn it all against Ndiigbo, Igbo bashing is a task that must be done, so you accuse Igbos of not caring about Ojukwu, you accuse us of lacking the ability to unite and vote one our own, like the "sophisticated ones", you accuse Igbos of being politically naive, you accuse us of being( AGIP)- ALL GOVERNMENT IN POWER voters.

Ndiigbo can never please you lots.

Yorubas had the opportunity to vote Buhari( the now packaged messiah) but turned it down to vote a corrupt and incompetent OBJ, were they crucified? No, they were hailed as being sophisticated, United and all what not.

Igbo leaders rush to Abuja to congratulate Buhari, you term us AGIP, trying to reap where we didn't sow, trying to curry Buhari's favour.

Igbo leaders refuse to go to Abuja, instead criticize Buhari, you term us children of hate, tribal and emotional.

Everything the Igbo man does is given negative interpretations and used against him, he can never do right.

I am sure if Ojukwu didn't contest for any elections in Post civil war Nigeria, your interpretation will be that Ojukwu was a bitter Man that was stuck on Biafra throughout his life.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Sweetlemon(f): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
LMAO!
I just checked now that this thread was last year. No wonder barcarnista could speak his mind then. Now he badly needs the same Igbos to help promote his PDP campaign and they naively believe him grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

If someone doesn't want to you, the natural reaction is to cut off the person, forcing the person to stay with you only proves you are desperate and a parasite.

Gowon declared war on Biafra, Biafra didn't declare war on Nigeria, isn't this a common knowledge.

Ndiigbo didn't vote for Ojukwu, but instead voted for a non Igbo, shouldn't this be a cause to praise Ndiigbo for our altruistic nature? Which other group in Nigeria had ever voted a person from another region over theirs? Shouldn't we be praised for our patriotism? No, you look for a way to turn it all against Ndiigbo, Igbo bashing is a task that must be done, so you accuse Igbos of not caring about Ojukwu, you accuse us of lacking the ability to unite and vote one our own, like the "sophisticated ones", you accuse Igbos of being politically naive, you accuse us of being( AGIP)- ALL GOVERNMENT IN POWER voters.

Yorubas had the opportunity to vote Buhari( the now packaged messiah) but turned it down to vote a corrupt and incompetent OBJ, were they crucified? No, they were hailed as being sophisticated, United and all what not.

Igbo leaders rush to Abuja to congratulate Buhari, you term us AGIP, trying to reap where we didn't sow, trying to curry Buhari's favour.

Igbo leaders refuse to go to Abuja, instead criticize Buhari, you term us children of hate, tribal and emotional.

Everything the Igbo man does is given negative interpretations and used against him, he can never do right.

I am sure if Ojukwu didn't contest for any elections in Post civil war Nigeria, your interpretation will be that Ojukwu was a bitter Man that was stuck on Biafra throughout his life.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:

barcanista:
Well, that is the Irony of the whole thing. I see that they Love him as a Person, but they don't consider him worthy of Leadership and Administration.

That is the reason you all never voted him, you thought he was incompetent especially after his disgraceful defeat at war. The proof is in the continuous ridicule he suffered in the hands of Ibos till he died as pointed out by barcanista.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by fulanimafia: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Sweetlemon:

LMAO!
Business-wise Igbos are the bomb, academically Igbos are hot, professionally Igbos no dey carry last. But politically? Chai! As in ehn. ZERO.

Dayyum grin
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by pazienza(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
fulanimafia:

[/b]

That is the reason you all never voted him, you thought he was incompetent especially after his disgraceful defeat at war. The proof is in the continuous ridicule he suffered in the hands of Ibos till he died as pointed out by barcanista.

And yet he remains an Igbo idol. Gladly praised by millions of well breast fed Igbos. Isn't that an enigma ?
You have to be Igbo to understand why.

Ojukwu was a servant of Ndiigbo, not the other way round, this is a direct puncture to the balloon of those who kept leading the propaganda of Ojukwu leading Ndiigbo to war. It was rather the other way, Ndiigbo needed a war leader, and we choose Ojukwu.

He didn't win the battle, but he ensured the war can continue in the future, that alone, we count as victory.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by nwadiuko1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
pazienza:

Barcanista was a rabid Igbophobic Ijaw man before he switched sides to GEJ camp.

Most Igbos here know him, I personally had many exchanges with him during his Igbophobic era.

I am surprised you didn't know that. At a point Ndiigbo here were convinced he was a Yoruba, as we only witness such level of Igbophobia from Yorubas mainly.
Barcanista had to at a point Post his voters identity card here to prove he was really from Okrika in Rivers state.

If there is a scale to measure Igbophobia, ranging from 0 to 10, Barcanista was a perfect 10.
ok maybe I wasn't really an active member then or I was yet to join nairaland then......thanks for the clarification
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
xtrorse:

Your reasoning above is all hogwash and holds no water in the Nigeria of today. In Nigeria as it's currently structured, your theorisation is false and baseless and cannot work. What works and worked for Buhari is pure systematic rigging! If you're sincere you would dwell majorly on the massive restructuring of the system.

At what did you realize the flaw in our electoral system? Perhaps when your candidate lost power. The arithmetic was not in favour of GEJ. The same demographic distribution that gave north sizeable electorate had worked for PDP 3times before. So the same demographic went for PMB. The outcome in the north reflected the wish of the people in the north. In Southeast how many people came out to protest disenfranchisement? Why do we have avid voters in Rivers, akwa ibom and delta not in other 8 states of SS/SE. Available Intel suggests that majority of SS/SE voters were not too inclined to sacrifice time and money to register to vote. How many Igbos for instance will travel from Lagos to register to vote in Abia? As for southwest, the vote was close, but PMB only needed to hold GEJ down and score at least 25% in each of the 6 southwest states. Even in Ekiti he (PMB) got 40%. Who could be more ruthless than Fayose, yet he could not stop PMB from a technical victory in Ekiti. How do you Expect a people campaigned against as "children wey dem born throway" vote in the north? for their abusers? The problem with PDP is that they were too simplistic in thinking (power answererth all things) Hence the slogan changed from power to the people to "PDP...Power" Then they had a jingle with this lyrics " Jonathan O sidon, NA your seat o, sidon, na beg we dey beg o sidon" If NA beg, make im just make himself president. Why you are singing like that the entire job creation profile of GEJ revealed that 30 million youths unemployed before him. in six years, his policies created less than 5 million jobs. when you add 1 million entrants per year to the outstanding, he left the economy at the same point job creation wise. Then his policy forecast was to create 2 million jobs every year from 2015, when you do the math, that leaves us with 22 million job deficit by 2019. So why you were singing sidon 22 million youths have no hope of employment if GEJ had opportunity to rule for 10 years. it doesn't get better when you yearly entrants to it. so in 10 years we would be virtually at the same statistical point.

As Prof Soludo pointed out, the only relief in APC strategy was probity. Job creation wise it is a statistical tie. When we make argument like this, the simpletons think Nigerians are economically stupid and that 5 pieces of 100 Nair a notes will make the poor forget his poverty of the last 20 years - particularly the last 4 years.

If it was up to you to hire a new MD that will pay you dividends two natural questions will come to your mind:

(1) Do I have to retain the agency that recruited the MDs given your experience in the last sixteen years?
(2) Do you have to reward this agency with four more years of choosing your MD?
Other questions of religion, integrity, ethnicity, etc will come to your mind, but your conclusion will depend on your experience and expectations in the venture.

for majority of 30 million youths their experience propelled them towards PMB. This gravitation is Sociologically logical to people who are not primitively prejudiced and simplistic. You may choose to validate this with any example in the world. In the US the slogan is: "it is the economy, stupid" From UK to Brazil, all elections turn on voters antecedent experience.

There is a news that there is scarcity of potable water at Otuoke. If something as basic as water is scarce, need we discuss other social amenities? The problem is every where in Nigeria, but primitive prejudice will never allow such matters to be the deciding factor in an election. rather it is religion and ethnicity of the oppressor that matters to the pathetically oppressed. What poverty of imagination?!

When you hear Muslims at the grassroots talk about Sharia, never you simplify it as criminal justice system. It is their revival of social justice. They see PMB as an advocate of equality attend an in social justice not as a mallam who is interested in subjecting them to corporal or capital punishment when they err. That is why PMB who does not preach is more popular than preachers - he speaks truth to power. Respectfully, he is not perfect.

For PMB Christian supporters, it is about social justice as it is about Sharia for some Muslims. It is a marriage of values with great potential for tolerance, peace and progress. Make no mistake about it, social justice battles does not hesitate to deal with prejudicially hostile or chronically toxic elements. By the way corruption is toxic!

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Person wey open this thread wicked o!

Fulanimafia, I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by bashirolu: 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
He was only sound and fury but as empty as a can. Nobody votes for such a personification of cowardice and megalomania

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by WIZGUY69(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
barcanista:
H[b]onestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Oha[/b]naeze.

Just Imagine cheesy
Cc: All the iboes in the house.
See what your one of your brother is saying.
truth is bitter.
I just laugh when I see some ranting and bragging on the net (only nairaland) about Biafra.
but what I hate about the iboes here is that they hate reality smiley
from having the best neighborhood in the world to the richest to the most innovative. haba cool
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

At what did you realize the flaw in our electoral system?
Perhaps when your candidate lost power. The arithmetic was not in favour of GEJ. The same demographic distribution that gave north sizeable electorate had worked for PDP 3times before. So the same demographic went for PMB. The outcome in the north reflected the wish of the people in the north. In Southeast how many people came out to protest disenfranchisement? Why do we have avid voters in Rivers, akwa ibom and delta not in other 8 states of SS/SE. Available Intel suggests that majority of SS/SE voters were not too inclined to sacrifice time and money to register to vote. How many Igbos for instance will travel from Lagos to register to vote in Abia? As for southwest, the vote was close, but PMB only needed to hold GEJ down and score at least 25% in each of the 6 southwest states. Even in Ekiti he (PMB) got 40%. Who could be more ruthless than Fayose, yet he could not stop PMB from a technical victory in Ekiti. How do you Expect a people campaigned against as "children wey dem born throway" vote in the north? for their abusers? The problem with PDP is that they were too simplistic in thinking (power answererth all things) Hence the slogan changed from power to the people to "PDP...Power" Then they had a jingle with this lyrics " Jonathan O sidon, NA your seat o, sidon, na beg we dey beg o sidon" If NA beg, make im just make himself president. Why you are singing like that the entire job creation profile of GEJ revealed that 30 million youths unemployed before him. in six years, his policies created less than 5 million jobs. when you add 1 million entrants per year to the outstanding, he left the economy at the same point job creation wise. Then his policy forecast was to create 2 million jobs every year from 2015, when you do the math, that leaves us with 22 million job deficit by 2019. So why you were singing sidon 22 million youths have no hope of employment if GEJ had opportunity to rule for 10 years. it doesn't get better when you yearly entrants to it. so in 10 years we would be virtually at the same statistical point.

As Prof Soludo pointed out, the only relief in APC strategy was probity. Job creation wise it is a statistical tie. When we make argument like this, the simpletons think Nigerians are economically stupid and that 5 pieces of 100 Nair a notes will make the poor forget his poverty of the last 20 years - particularly the last 4 years.

If it was up to you to hire a new MD that will pay you dividends two natural questions will come to your mind:

(1) Do I have to retain the agency that recruited the MDs given your experience in the last sixteen years?
(2) Do you have to reward this agency with four more years of choosing your MD?
Other questions of religion, integrity, ethnicity, etc will come to your mind, but your conclusion will depend on your experience and expectations in the venture.

for majority of 30 million youths their experience propelled them towards PMB. This gravitation is Sociologically logical to people who are not primitively prejudiced and simplistic. You may choose to validate this with any example in the world. In the US the slogan is: "it is the economy, stupid" From UK to Brazil, all elections turn on voters antecedent experience.

There is a news that there is scarcity of potable water at Otuoke. If something as basic as water is scarce, need we discuss other social amenities? The problem is every where in Nigeria, but primitive prejudice will never allow such matters to be the deciding factor in an election. rather it is religion and ethnicity of the oppressor that matters to the pathetically oppressed. What poverty of imagination?!

When you hear Muslims at the grassroots talk about Sharia, never you simplify it as criminal justice system. It is their revival of social justice. They see PMB as an advocate of equality attend an in social justice not as a mallam who is interested in subjecting them to corporal or capital punishment when they err. That is why PMB who does not preach is more popular than preachers - he speaks truth to power. Respectfully, he is not perfect.

For PMB Christian supporters, it is about social justice as it is about Sharia for some Muslims. It is a marriage of values with great potential for tolerance, peace and progress. Make no mistake about it, social justice battles does not hesitate to deal with prejudicially hostile or chronically toxic elements. By the way corruption is toxic!

It's so glaring that that your opinion fell short of the reality in this country. Maybe you reside outside the country as to not know what transpired with the Permanent Voters Cards (PVC). How Jega and the Islamic bigots in APC colluded and disenfranchised certain regions in the South. And as at December 2014, NE war-torn zone had collected about 80% of the PVC which peacefully zones in the south could not measure up to 50%!

You see, you maybe exposed but the fact is you are not truthful. People like you in the society who speak from both sides of the mouth are the problems we have in this forced union. You pontificate as if you are objective and sincere, feigning ignorance of the evils of the day.

Well, before I leave you to your mission, erudite scholar, kindly provide honest answers to these questions to help buttress the points you raised:

*Tell me, why is it that Hausa-Fulani-Kanurisfind it difficult to survive without forgery, falsification of figures, wanton treasury looting and lies You can buttress your point with the census exercises carried out thus far in the country. 

*If Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri had/have the clout to win national elections why are they addicted to using underage voters

*Some South-Westerners have begun preaching a new message cum propaganda of how peace-loving and accommodative Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been to the Igbos in the North. And that it's the Igbos that have always provoked their host to massacring them. Okay! My question is, if indeed Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris have been peace-loving and accommodative, why are such gestures not extended to the Christian minorities in the North and Middle-belt

*For many decades now Fulani herdsmen have continued to exhibit despicable attitudes and heartlessness with reckless abandon, trespassing on indigenous peasants' farmlands, destroying their crops, killing the people and chasing them far away from their ancestral lands. Why have they chosen these path of destruction

Why did Ahmadu Bello arrogantly utter this comment in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and yet bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people? 

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Travel To Niger Republic With Three Governors / Nigerian Journalist Suspended From Union For Publishing Fake Stories / 9th NASS: Lawan, Ndume, Gbajabiamila, others in last minute horse-trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.