Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW (10127 Views)

Buhari Lied, Boko Haram Still Holds Territory In Nigeria - US Commander / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

Is he really a technocrat shocked
What % of houses, shops, schools, clinics, hospitals etc in Anambra STATE is covered with TAP water provision This question becomes really important with the outbreak of Ebola virus in our country.
We shall overcome wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Mayflowa(m): 8:04am On Jul 25, 2014
Maintenance of power plants has been the bane of power development in Nigeria. Technically, our installed plant capacity stands over 12000MW but lack of maintenance reduced generation to 4000MW.

I hope the US would train capable hands to run the plant for effectiveness

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by anonimi: 8:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: We shall overcome wink

I hope you will agree that we should overcome BEFORE we start calling a public servant who is fresh on the job a technocrat with big big titles that will get his head inflated with super ego and no time to deliver on BASIC things like TAP water for better hygiene of our people.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 8:09am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

I hope you will agree that we should overcome BEFORE we start calling a public servant who is fresh on the job a technocrat with big big titles that will get his head inflated with super ego and no time to deliver on BASIC things like TAP water for better hygiene of our people.
Yes my dear, especially Onitsha which has about 85%bore holes drilled by individuals which may not be that hygienic to the populace. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by anonimi: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Mayflowa: Maintanance of power plants has been the bane of power development in Nigeria. Technically, We our installed plant capacity stands over 12000MW but lack of maintanance reduced generation to 4000MW.

I hope the US would train capable hands to run the plant for effectiveness

The STATE governors and LGAs have to FIRST of all focus on ensuring there are adequate schools for ALL our children with emphasis on vocational and technical subjects/training so there is a SUBSTANTIAL pool of semi-skilled labour from which the US and others can train our people.

BTW, why are we not ashamed that 54 years after independence we still need the US to train our technicians on maintaining power plants. I doubt that India which gained independence 12 years ahead of us still had the US coming to train its power plant maintenance technicians in 2002 i.e. 12 years ago today shocked
When shall we stop being BEGGARS in the comity of nations

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by anonimi: 8:13am On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Yes my dear, especially Onitsha which has about 85%boreholes drilled by individuals which may not be that hygienicto the populace. wink

So while it is ok to ACKNOWLEDGE any improvement made we should not lose sight of the much GREATER work that still needs to be done and continue highlighting those sectors as we pile pressure on these leaders to do the job they are so well paid for by US.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by jericco1(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2014
And when the time comes for them to deliver, they make up a reason and bring another target. Politics everywhere..
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 8:16am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

So while it is ok to ACKNOWLEDGE any improvement made we should not lose sight of the much GREATER work that still needs to be done and continue highlighting those sectors as we pile pressure on these leaders to do the job they are so well paid for by US.
I totally agree with your ascertion,but "I ma na-eto dike na nke omelu omekwa ozo". wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Youngzedd(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Let there be light.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by anonimi: 8:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: I totally agree with your ascertion,but "I ma na-eto dike na nke omelu omekwa ozo". wink

Oga abeg make you translate the Igbo portion for us biko, dalu wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2014
IjogzK: The same US that:

1. Could not do anything about the Chibok girls

So the US must replace our Army?

Besides, there is a reason for the slow slow approach about the Chibok girls....the fact that they may be shot en-masse by their captors should there be any attempt at rescue.....which BTW happened in Sokoto, when a Bokoist cell killed their british captive the minute they saw Nigerian and foreign troops approaching.

2. Destroyed Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan

IRAQ: Destroyed by Saddam's silly decison to invade Iran( which wrecked the economy of his country) and Kuwait (which of course brought in the Americans. Aesop...never invade a small country with a ultra strong ally).

IRAN: Wrecked its economy via a long rage war with Iraq(in fairness to Saddam, he did offer peace...but no, the Ayatollah Khomeni wanted war war).And is a Dutch diseased economy(over-reliant on oil. Plus....Iran HAS NO REFINERIES!)

Afghanistan: Wrecked by its people in the 70's, then the Soviets, then its own people again....and then invaded by the US to ketch Osama. (US has some blame....but not all of it)
3. So deadly corrupt and would do anything possible to remain world power.

Secret to the US world domination.....invest in science and technology, and properly renumerate your problem solvers. Any questions?

4. That uses their media to promote propaganda

Yeah....just like,well ,most news organisations. Bleh.

5. Destroyed and murdered their own citizen during the 9/11 planned invasion.

Yep...like the Arab terrorists are so dull that they cannot muster an attack. Really....so you think that everyone else on this planet is dull...apart from the evil computer controlling the US? (Heh heh).

9/11 happened....stop peddling conspiracies. Or do you think that every govt sets out to kill its own people? If the US is killing its own people....so also is your govt,and most other govts....for nothing?

6. Are planning the break - up of Nigeria next year just because they predicted it.

Here is why Nigeria might break up

1.You Nigerians are a greedy people.

2.We are so dependent on Abuja....that our states and LGA's refuse to do their work....Abuja has to do it for them. Honestly, I am not much of an Aso Rock fan....but FHS....why does GEJ have to build a school in Achebe's hometown? WIT are the LGA chair and the State Govt doing?(Honestly, some of the Aso Rock critiques should be directed at State and LGA chairmen.

3.Why haven't you Nigerians dealt with religious bigotry and tribalism. Apart from just TWO people....a Muslim Imam and a Christian cleric who work together to end religious bigotry and hate.....how many other Nigerians are doing something about this problem (None).

4.Corruption....which festers because most Nigerians....when their big brother gets elected.....think it is their time to shine. (Sigh)

5.We are an oil dependent economy which produces as much oil as the 8 million strong UAE....and which thinks that the only way to make more money is by producing more raw materials for Western and Chinese industries....INSTEAD of us using our raw materials to develop industries of our own like China and Japan do.(And Japan is developed not because the US loves them....because they made the investments in education and industrial development.....things Nigeria refuses to do....so we have unemployed people roaming all over the place. Meanwhile the graduates....the job creaters....are busy chasing office jobs.).

We are not breaking up no matter what. I dunno why you guyz see us as a threat.

For once I agree with you.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

Oga abeg make you translate the Igbo portion for us biko, dalu wink
It means acknowledgement of ones efforts will prompt him to do more wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

The STATE governors and LGAs have to FIRST of all focus on ensuring there are adequate schools for ALL our children with emphasis on vocational and technical subjects/training so there is a SUBSTANTIAL pool of semi-skilled labour from which the US and others can train our people.

BTW, why are we not ashamed that 54 years after independence we still need the US to train our technicians on maintaining power plants. I doubt that India which gained independence 12 years ahead of us still had the US coming to train its power plant maintenance technicians in 2002 i.e. 12 years ago today shocked
When shall we stop being BEGGARS in the comity of nations

Re Technicians....we don't have enough of them because every Nigerian child(and his/her parents) thinks that the purpose of school is to get a paper qualification(preferably a BSc) for a nice office job.....with a nice car and a nice house

Getting yer hands dirty like a technician is for ''bad'' students.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by anonimi: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Re Technicians....we don't have enough of them because every Nigerian child(and his/her parents) thinks that the purpose of school is to get a paper qualification(preferably a BSc) for a nice office job.....with a nice car and a nice house

Getting yer hands dirty like a technician is for ''bad'' students.

And here I was thinking that we always agreed on everything grin

Meanwhile you try wella as you take disintegrate IjogzK's post wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by myspnigeria: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2014
we fit no see d effect. na so dem dey always sign mou
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by JEITO: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Let's leave the past in the past, and hope that this one will be better.

Goodluck Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by obiscolly(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
Imagine holding down equipment that would have significantly improved power transmission and distribution around the country because of inability to pay the required clearing costs and accumulated demurrage. That's a very stupid reason if you ask me.
Wasn't PHCN owned and run by FG before being privatized? Who runs the Nigeria Customs? Isn't it FG too So how sensible is it for FG to earn Revenue from FG?

There's just one thing killing this country- CORRUPTION!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2014
The Nigeria's power sector will definitely not be the same in the next 2 to 3 years. Things are happening and very soon, it will all come together to give Nigerians stable and reliable public power supply. That very important step of getting the structure right has been overcomed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by ahaika23: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2014
GEJ keep trying your best. There is no month that you don't do something new for us. I appreciate your doggedness and commitment to nation building irrespective of tribe or religion. May God sustain you and your family, amen. Love and peace to all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by kokoA(m): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Any time wey I hear "MOU" for dis country I go just give up! I don't knw why o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by IGBOSON1: 9:27am On Jul 25, 2014
CFCfan: The 1500MW plant will be the biggest investment in Anambra state's history! Kudos to Obama and GEJ for this project!

^^^I'm still sceptical about all this, until i witness the ground-breaking ceremony; with the President, the Governor, the American Ambassador, and the President/MD of the company concerned all in attendance!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by coruso(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2014
IjogzK: The same US that:

1. Could not do anything about the Chibok girls
2. Destroyed Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan
3. So deadly corrupt and would do anything possible to remain world power.
4. That uses their media to promote propaganda
5. Destroyed and murdered their own citizen during the 9/11 planned invasion.
6. Are planning the break - up of Nigeria next year just because they predicted it.

Anyway this is my conclusion.

We are not breaking up no matter what. I dunno why you guyz see us as a threat.

Anyway we still want light sha... If you can help without penetration or trying to study us. Then the help is welcomed.

are you serious?. U need help Bro.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Frankenstein: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerian government has been signing MOUs since 1960 so that's not a big deal. All we want is 24/7 power supply.

Isn't it funny that power generating equipments were lying dormant for 11 years in the ports while we have been suffering from epileptic power supply. Gives one an idea about the kind of people we have in charge.

To hell with any rubbish MOU signed in the clouds! Just give us steady power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by IGBOSON1: 9:31am On Jul 25, 2014
obiscolly: Imagine holding down equipment that would have significantly improved power transmission and distribution around the country because of inability to pay the required clearing costs and accumulated demurrage. That's a very stupid reason if you ask me.
Wasn't PHCN owned and run by FG before being privatized? Who runs the Nigeria Customs? Isn't it FG too So how sensible is it for FG to earn Revenue from FG?

There's just one thing killing this country- CORRUPTION!

^^^The problem is there's no joined-up thinking, commonality of purpose, and proactive leadership! Sometimes it looks like we run about aimlessly like headless chickens!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by GodMode: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Secret to the US world domination.....invest in science and technology, and properly renumerate your problem solvers. Any questions?

The secret is they created a cult that supervises everything... Science and tech is just a way to make their script(the bible/religion) happen.

bushdoc9919:
Yeah....just like,well ,most news organisations. Bleh.

Control the media and u'll control how people think.

bushdoc9919:
Yep...like the Arab terrorists are so dull that they cannot muster an attack. Really....so you think that everyone else on this planet is dull...apart from the evil computer controlling the US? (Heh heh).

9/11 happened....stop peddling conspiracies. Or do you think that every govt sets out to kill its own people? If the US is killing its own people....so also is your govt,and most other govts....for nothing?

Keep believing their propaganda..

bushdoc9919:
Here is why Nigeria might break up

1.You Nigerians are a greedy people.

2.We are so dependent on Abuja....that our states and LGA's refuse to do their work....Abuja has to do it for them. Honestly, I am not much of an Aso Rock fan....but FHS....why does GEJ have to build a school in Achebe's hometown? WIT are the LGA chair and the State Govt doing?(Honestly, some of the Aso Rock critiques should be directed at State and LGA chairmen.

3.Why haven't you Nigerians dealt with religious bigotry and tribalism. Apart from just TWO people....a Muslim Imam and a Christian cleric who work together to end religious bigotry and hate.....how many other Nigerians are doing something about this problem (None).

4.Corruption....which festers because most Nigerians....when their big brother gets elected.....think it is their time to shine. (Sigh)

5.We are an oil dependent economy which produces as much oil as the 8 million strong UAE....and which thinks that the only way to make more money is by producing more raw materials for Western and Chinese industries....INSTEAD of us using our raw materials to develop industries of our own like China and Japan do.(And Japan is developed not because the US loves them....because they made the investments in education and industrial development.....things Nigeria refuses to do....so we have unemployed people roaming all over the place. Meanwhile the graduates....the job creaters....are busy chasing office jobs.).

Nigeria will break up... If it doesn't happen soon it'll happen later. Nigeria has to break up mutually not violently.

Everyone is greedy... It just needs to be controlled by strict laws.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2014
I think the people commenting on this thread are much more sensible and devoid of tribal bias. Its a good thing we have matured men on NL. We are growing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Funniez: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2014
All this signings me don de tire me o, wetin self!. Walahi talahi we want FAWER! Give us FAWER!!!
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2014
GodMode:

The secret is they created a cult that supervises everything... Science and tech is just a way to make their script(the bible) happen.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Better come out of that basement, you Hikikomori you!

Or how do you explain the development of China....America's enemy?

You lazy Nigerians.....you refuse to invest in science....instead you invest in your bellies,and then you wonder why you are backward.

Cult, what cult? Better stop being lazy!

Control the media and u'll control how people think.

OK....if you hate CNN....Press TV is broadcasting in Nigeria via Nilesat. Also Russia Today. Believe me, the internet has made US global domination in the media less likely.

Or better still....create yer own cable news network.(Which you won't do, because like most Nigerians, you are LAZY).

Keep believing their propaganda..

And keep waiting for Superman. Keep refusing to invest in science....because it is much better importing LG tv sets, rather than inventing your own.

Me.....I admire countries that use what they have to make something....like the US,China,Japan,South Korea, Finland, Russia,Brazil, Germany, etc.

Your problem is that your idea of development starts and ends with a slice of national cake. grin

Nigeria will break up... If it doesn't happen soon it'll happen later. Nigeria has to break up mutually not violently.

Everyone is greedy... It just needs to be controlled by strict laws.

While I am not averse to Nigeria breaking up (if it is Divine will)....I think that most Nigerians talk about breaking up because it is far nicer than confronting scary matters like fighting corruption and tribalism and poverty....as well as getting our economy off oil.

You Nigerians need to change your mindset from ''Oil dependence'' to Self reliance.....then we can talk about anything.

Nations that break up peacefully are nations whose constituent parts are self reliant. Not countries like Nigeria,where common LGA Chairman has no idea of development beyond sharing the monthly Abuja allocation with his cronies. Or common graduate's idea of development is how to get office job.

Remember King Gezo of Dahomey.....He who makes the gunpowder will win the war. Too bad we have refused to make our own gunpowder like the US does....no...the US is powerful because of cults....not because of the ingenuity and intelligence of its people.

Paraphrasing Nelson Mandela....when whites (and increasingly Asians) have a problem, they brainstorm for solutions. When blacks have a problem,they just sit down and blame the whites.

Better wake up.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by juvewalex(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2014
Abegi na today dem dey append signatures to documents dat yield notin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: The chinese are America's slave . they should be grateful to the US.

Is this a joke?

Because if it is...it is the best one I have heard this year! grin grin grin grin

China that the same America is indebted to,and that owns most American debts.?(And if the chinese decide to call the debt....problem dey!).

You Nigerians....can you please stop the conspiracy theories( and the chopping of oyel money)....and do something with your hands....like invent a simple weaving machine for Ankara cloth?...and take it from there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs IDP Camp In Borno (see Photos) / 2019: Politicians Storing Weapons, Planning Post-Poll Violence - Security Chiefs / Open Letter To PDP National Chairman & Organizing Secretary By Hon. Sopuluchukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.