Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW (10128 Views)

Buhari Lied, Boko Haram Still Holds Territory In Nigeria - US Commander / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by GodMode: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Better come out of that basement, you Hikikomori you!

Or how do you explain the development of China....America's enemy?

You lazy Nigerians.....you refuse to invest in science....instead you invest in your bellies,and then you wonder why you are backward.

Cult, what cult? Better stop being lazy!

OK....if you hate CNN....Press TV is broadcasting in Nigeria via Nilesat. Also Russia Today. Believe me, the internet has made US global domination in the media less likely.

Or better still....create yer own cable news network.(Which you won't do, because like most Nigerians, you are LAZY).

And keep waiting for Superman. Keep refusing to invest in science....because it is much better importing LG tv sets, rather than inventing your own.

Me.....I admire countries that use what they have to make something....like the US,China,Japan,South Korea, Finland, Russia,Brazil, Germany, etc.

Your problem is that your idea of development starts and ends with a slice of national cake. grin

While I am not averse to Nigeria breaking up (if it is Divine will)....I think that most Nigerians talk about breaking up because it is far nicer than confronting scary matters like fighting corruption and tribalism and poverty....as well as getting our economy off oil.

You Nigerians need to change your mindset from ''Oil dependence'' to Self reliance.....then we can talk about anything.

Nations that break up peacefully are nations whose constituent parts are self reliant. Not countries like Nigeria,where common LGA Chairman has no idea of development beyond sharing the monthly Abuja allocation with his cronies. Or common graduate's idea of development is how to get office job.

Remember King Gezo of Dahomey.....He who makes the gunpowder will win the war. Too bad we have refused to make our own gunpowder like the US does....no...the US is powerful because of cults....not because of the ingenuity and intelligence of its people.

Paraphrasing Nelson Mandela....when whites (and increasingly Asians) have a problem, they brainstorm for solutions. When blacks have a problem,they just sit down and blame the whites.

Better wake up.

China is developed cos its been controlled by a cult that granted free education to its citizens.
Almost everyone in China is technically gifted cos of their method of education.

Science and technology is important for Africa.

Oil is in the only thing keeping Nigeria together.

Do u think developed countries are where they today because of their laws and forms of govt..

There is a cult working behind the scenes to ensure things go according to plans.

While most Nigerians worship money and don't care about the nation but only themselves.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by victord1st: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2014
IjogzK: The same US that:

1. Could not do anything about the Chibok girls
2. Destroyed Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan
3. So deadly corrupt and would do anything possible to remain world power.
4. That uses their media to promote propaganda
5. Destroyed and murdered their own citizen during the 9/11 planned invasion.
6. Are planning the break - up of Nigeria next year just because they predicted it.

Anyway this is my conclusion.

We are not breaking up no matter what. I dunno why you guyz see us as a threat.

Anyway we still want light sha... If you can help without penetration or trying to study us. Then the help is welcomed.

Speak for yourself,who wants to remain in this unholy union.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by ask1: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Tex42(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2014
Stop signing and get to work.give us something to hold on to.enough of this 'media electricity improvement' ish. funny thing is,when ever they sign one of those there MoU,the power situation just gets worse after wards. Naija sha!.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Rossikki: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
IjogzK: The same US that:

1. Could not do anything about the Chibok girls
2. Destroyed Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan
3. So deadly corrupt and would do anything possible to remain world power.
4. That uses their media to promote propaganda
5. Destroyed and murdered their own citizen during the 9/11 planned invasion.
6. Are planning the break - up of Nigeria next year just because they predicted it.

Anyway this is my conclusion.

We are not breaking up no matter what. I dunno why you guyz see us as a threat.

Anyway we still want light sha... If you can help without penetration or trying to study us. Then the help is welcomed.

Exactly. I don't see how the USA has any single good thing to offer us. I don't see anything tangible coming out of this deal. If it is China, I'll agree. But US? Nah....can't see it. Their plan for Nigeria/Africa is the complete opposite of this 10,000 mw power stuff.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
I love your headline.Am into renewable energy.Pls text me your email.Or mail me at infocitysolar@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by shineeye: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
WOW seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
So In 3-5 years, anambra alone will be producing a total of 3000 MW of electricity

1500 mw from Century Power Limited in Okija

&

1500 mw from Global Edison Cooperation

Both are private investors , not government.... there is still hope.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by disloman(m): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: As a result of this development, Global Edison Corporation has also concluded plans to construct a $2.5 billion, 1500mw gas power plant in Anambra State within the Power Africa initiative . You must be a desperate urchin. angry Didn't you see Anambra State there angry
Na Gov Obino sign d MOU or initiate am?Ur family don suffer oooo.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
disloman: Na Gov Obino sign d MOU or initiate am?Ur family don suffer oooo.
Do you know anything about lobbyist in Governmnent

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Decibel: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
NAIJASOM: So In 3-5 years, anambra alone will be producing a total of 3000 MW of electricity

1500 mw from Century Power Limited in Okija

&

1500 mw from Global Edison Cooperation

Both are private investors , not government.... there is still hope.
Nna nyem aka ima ife egwu na aku. Your on point cool
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by mikeobk(m): 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
YoursGEJ: If to say na by MoU, Nigerians for don dey complain of too much electricity by now. Let them keep signing
over correct de worry your u... This is the kinda news i HATE to hear in about nigeria. If i say the country's messed up, some people'll say i be enemy of progress.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by JaaizTech: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Man mii na so so MoU we go dey sign, we no dey see anything dey materialise. pls. stop bullshitting us with MoUs. Get the job done and then let us know when it is donne.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by 19naia(m): 1:58am On Jul 26, 2014
11 years of decaying power supply with people spending their life savings to run generators until their ears ring permanently..
You mean that all this time with no stable electric supply in Nigeria, the Nigerian Customs officers were sitting on seized shipping containers of equipment to generate electricity on a mega scale?...

The story of Nigeria, everything is there to make it a functional place... The people with any bit of authority are so caught up in exercising power and control, that they have no time left to think about how things can be better for the nation... shocked
I wont he surprised if that equipment has progressed into decay over the 11 years it was sitting in seizure by customs...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Blackydudu: 2:28am On Jul 26, 2014
Decibel: Gov. Obiano Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Tecnocrat smiley smiley
Anambra Adigo Mma smiley cool
story na signing be d new conclusion now well na GOD go safe dis country embarassed
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Great move! One of the best things Nigeria has ever be involved with.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Rossikki: 4:44am On Jul 26, 2014
bushdoc9919:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Better come out of that basement, you Hikikomori you!

Or how do you explain the development of China....America's enemy?

You lazy Nigerians.....you refuse to invest in science....instead you invest in your bellies,and then you wonder why you are backward.

Cult, what cult? Better stop being lazy!

OK....if you hate CNN....Press TV is broadcasting in Nigeria via Nilesat. Also Russia Today. Believe me, the internet has made US global domination in the media less likely.

Or better still....create yer own cable news network.(Which you won't do, because like most Nigerians, you are LAZY).

And keep waiting for Superman. Keep refusing to invest in science....because it is much better importing LG tv sets, rather than inventing your own.

Me.....I admire countries that use what they have to make something....like the US,China,Japan,South Korea, Finland, Russia,Brazil, Germany, etc.

Your problem is that your idea of development starts and ends with a slice of national cake. grin

While I am not averse to Nigeria breaking up (if it is Divine will)....I think that most Nigerians talk about breaking up because it is far nicer than confronting scary matters like fighting corruption and tribalism and poverty....as well as getting our economy off oil.

You Nigerians need to change your mindset from ''Oil dependence'' to Self reliance.....then we can talk about anything.

Nations that break up peacefully are nations whose constituent parts are self reliant. Not countries like Nigeria,where common LGA Chairman has no idea of development beyond sharing the monthly Abuja allocation with his cronies. Or common graduate's idea of development is how to get office job.

Remember King Gezo of Dahomey.....He who makes the gunpowder will win the war. Too bad we have refused to make our own gunpowder like the US does....no...the US is powerful because of cults....not because of the ingenuity and intelligence of its people.

Paraphrasing Nelson Mandela....when whites (and increasingly Asians) have a problem, they brainstorm for solutions. When blacks have a problem,they just sit down and blame the whites.

Better wake up.

OH SHUT UP. You're loud, presumptuous, obnoxious, irritating and stupi.d, and don't know nearly as much as you think you do.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2014
Rossikki:

OH SHUT UP. You're loud, presumptuous, obnoxious, irritating and stupi.d, and don't know nearly as much as you think you do.

Thank you, Now do you have a intelligent and appropriate response to my comment, as I am sure you do?
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by juman(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2014
I wonder why yoruba governors failed to explore into usage of solar system by their people.

I saw one news that abuja government trying a solar system to help the masses on electricity.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by Krasid(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
A step towards the right direction.
Re: Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW by tsdarkside(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2015
one thing i dont understand...WHY THE HELL,DO WE NEED AMERICA,TO GENERATE POWER OURSELVES??...DID THE CHINESE NEEDED AMERICA TO GENERATE POWER..??...heavens....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress / 637 Nigerian Refugees From Cameroon Arrive Adamawa IDP Camp (Photos) / Gabriel Suswam's Sickness Stalls Corruption Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.