Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,058 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Dealing With Sexual Harrasment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With Sexual Harrasment (509 Views)

Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Sexual Harrasment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Sexual Harrasment by DSuperWoman(f): 8:06am On Jul 25, 2014
When I was in the university I was sexually harassed and I did nothing about it, that was wrong. Since I didn't comply to the lecturers demand I ended up failing his course (statistics 2) twice and wrote it till my final year even though it was one of my strengths and I had made an A in an earlier version of the course (statistics 1) thought by a different lecturer. I know better now. If you're being harassed sexually this is what you should do

FIRSTLY: Do not keep quiet. On no account should you decide to ignore it hoping it will go away. If you ignore sexual harassment, it often continues and even escalates.

SECOUNDLY: You really have to stand up for yourself. People usually don't back off unless you give them a clear message. Just stand up and say, 'No!' Speak up calmly and clearly, tell your harasser that you won't tolerate his speech or behaviour. Be confident in yourself and let him see that in you. You deserve to work in a comfortable environment. Victims of harassment can feel uneasy in confronting the perpetrator directly whereas all it takes is a bold (but respectful) confrontation to end everything.

When he puts his hand on your shoulder don't just wriggle yourself out of it look at him with all seriousness and say "please take your hands off my shoulders" don't show signs of weakness else he'll prey on it.

When he gets unnecessarily close to you... Read full article here http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/07/how-to-deal-with-sexual-harassment.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

D Fear Of Ebola Is D Beginning Of Wisdom / A Wife/ Husband Bank / I Will Never Love Again,how True Is It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.