Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (43757 Views)

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by seunlayi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
[size=13pt]The corpse should be buried in sambissa forest[/size]
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Wallie(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
If the guy was quarantined immediately he got to Lagos, he must have showed symptoms before boarding the plane, which means

1. Anything the guy touched before, during, and after boarding the plane is potentially contaminated with bodily fluid that carries the virus. The guy probably coughed in his hand and used the same hand to grab a hold onto something.

2. Passengers in the same plane are probably exposed especially people seating around him.

3. Those that took him to the hospital are probably exposed.

4. The doctors and nurses that treated him are probably exposed.

Lastly, I just hope doctors and nurses won't start abandoning their shifts in droves! Seeing how those treating Ebola wear a full body suit, I just don't see how a private clinic or even a government hospital that lacks even basic working equipment will have the funding to kit their staffs up.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by snthesis(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
gabicon: Just thinking out loud. Did he know he was infected? Why did he come to Nigeria? I'm kind of curious cos if he died today that means hevmust have been in the advanced stage of the illnesses so did he come to find help in Nigeria or spread it.
hmmm!!! smart guy, i bet he was paid to spread the disease-(his family will b taken care off), and i wont be surprised if it aint Liberia colonial master

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by kandiikane(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
fellis:
hehehe
jolosi tongue

Lol for where? E nor make any difference na, na just title. cheesy
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by kobikwelu(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
this is bad, because this virus is airborne...
His itinerary should be investigated...all passengers that boarded the same flight with him should be quarantined and monitored closely for any symptoms of the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
kandiikane:

Lol for where? E nor make any difference na, na just title. cheesy
no wori, we go borro the title give gambia for 1 week make una take do shakara grin
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
swedbase:

Tufia Nne gi na Nna gi. nne gi na nna gi are disgrace to Ndigbo hence they prefare lagos to igbo land
If your entire families lives in lagos that doesn't mean my families live there so deal with it.
Otu gbawakwa nne gi there!
one of the kids...smh.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
whatlyf: bla bla bla... How many nigerians dies in the flu outbreak? O boy don't tell me nonsense
It is not about how many but the fact that Nigerians just like you and I died as a result of the flu outbreak. If lets say just 10 nigerians lost their lives as a result of the outbreak and unfortunately, one of your family member (God forbid) was also a victim. Would you come to nairaland to display your stupidity by saying nothing happened, or nothing will happen. Because it hasn't directly affected you doesn't mean you should this be insensitive bro

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
snthesis:
hmmm!!! smart guy, i bet he was paid to spread the disease-(his family will b taken care off), and i wont be surprised if it aint Liberia colonial master

My thoughts exactly
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Lilimax(f): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
femi4: You still dey sell used/old clothes with all these Ebola news
Even all the okirika clothes and shoes looks Ebola virus infected
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sylverbox(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
atlwireles: How did a flight from Liberia enter Nigeria without proper entry point checks. The quarantine people will ask about all kind of things yet a man from Liberia can freely walk into Nigeria and cause a public health emergency? angry angry angry angry This is really serious trouble now.
how come only the man was quarantined? Ebola virus can be spread via aerosols so what about the people who shared the flight with him?

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Soknown: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ceasar1:

I just read some scary trending stuff. Someone said it's possible for the virus to mutate into air borne. shocked
Yea Ebola is scary, I am a bit scared too. It is true that viruses and bacteria do mutate into more nasty strains nut that usually happens in curable or treatable diseases, the virus change in response to drugs being used to combat it and thereby becoming more nasty and unresponsive to hitherto effective drugs. If we look at Ebola, it is not treatable by any means so no trigger for mutation and secondly it has remain 5 strains since 1976, I guess it's not going to start mutating now.
I do like some optimistic, never say die posts re-assuring us not to panic, that this one would go as the flu(s) and SARS went , nevertheless we need to intensify public awareness about the Virus and the basic precautions.
I think Govt should set up Emergency control centers, with all necessary equipment like dedicated lines, fully equipped ambulances with hazard suits, specially trained medical personnel, designated primary responders' hospital and morgues. PLEASE LET'S WASH OUR HANDS ALWAYS,
As one advert says, Good health is in our hands, may this is the right time to practice that.
Lastly Health workers, PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF (UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS)

4 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by atlwireles: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sylverbox: how come only the man was quarantined? Ebola virus can be spread via aerosols so what about the people who shared the flight with him?

I hope they have a way of backtracking his movement from the airport in Liberia. All those passengers and people he touched or coughed in their presence should be worried.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by prettiest1(f): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
I am in Christ Jesus and so no cause for worries against any deadly pestilence. If you want protection, repent and surrender all to Him. In Him (our Lord Jesus Christ) there's protection there's life. If you are His child, you will only hear of it but won't come near you nor your household. Make a fast decision now...

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by mixedgene: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Before long, HIV/AIDS will be forgotten. EndTime Tinz#
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by mixedgene: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
prettiest1: I am in Christ Jesus and so no cause for worries against any deadly pestilence. If you want protection, repent and surrender all to Him. In Him (our Lord Jesus Christ) there's protection there's life. If you are His child, you will only hear of it but won't come near you nor your household. Make a fast decision now...
Please, tell them!

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by udswagz: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ebola has not come to stay, by God's grace it will disappear, just as Mr. {liberian man} has gone,
boko haram
$20b scam
unemployment
fuel palava
there is God

God abeg, it's too much already, enough have died,
Not Ebola again, no no no no no no

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by UrbanMystique: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Soknown:
Yea Ebola is scary, I am a bit scared too. It is true that viruses and bacteria do mutate into more nasty strains nut that usually happens in curable or treatable diseases, the virus change in response to drugs being used to combat it and thereby becoming more nasty and unresponsive to hitherto effective drugs. If we look at Ebola, it is not treatable by any means so no trigger for mutation and secondly it has remain 5 strains since 1976, I guess it's not going to start mutating now.
I do like some optimistic, never say die posts re-assuring us not to panic, that this one would go as the flu(s) and SARS went , nevertheless we need to intensify public awareness about the Virus and the basic precautions.
I think Govt should set up Emergency control centers, with all necessary equipment like dedicated lines, fully equipped ambulances with hazard suits, specially trained medical personnel, designated primary responders' hospital and morgues. PLEASE LET'S WASH OUR HANDS ALWAYS,
As one advert says, Good health is in our hands, may this is the right time to practice that.
Lastly Health workers, PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF (UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS)
nice post.
you solnown indeed grin

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by pickabeau1: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
YorubaJesus: This man was killed

I have that nagging suspicion too

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by pickabeau1: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Repteam: Pls who is Ebola ? Is he or she a celebrity or terrorist?

Google is your friend
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by prettiest1(f): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
mixedgene:
Please, tell them!
I believe they have both eyes and eyes as such, they have gotten the message.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Fulaman198(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
kobikwelu: this is bad, because this virus is airborne...
His itinerary should be investigated...all passengers that boarded the same flight with him should be quarantined and monitored closely for any symptoms of the virus.

I agree with you, but Nigeria is too disorganized
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by fapcrook(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kayworld26: Are there no good news in Nigeria anymore? sad sad
Are there good news anywhere in d world anymore?

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by prettiest1(f): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
mixedgene:
Please, tell them!
I believe they have both eyes and ears as such, they have gotten the message.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Fulaman198:

I agree with you, but Nigeria is too disorganized

Our govt is too self centered if not they would have put measures in place to stop infected pple entering the country. it's only luck that can save anyone now.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
YorubaJesus: This man was killed
Hw do u know dat
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Fulaman198(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
fellis:

Our govt is too self centered if not they would have put measures in place to stop infected pple entering the country. it's only luck that can save anyone now.

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LordReed(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
UrbanMystique: Sars and bird flu are deadlier than ebola.. Any airborne virus is deadlier than any other virus in the world.. Bird flu killed in thousands, and can be spread thru ordinary sneezing unlike ebola. Bird flu killed thousands in China alone. We were able to cub it because there was awareness... There has been ebola outbreak on the past.. It will come and go.. With proper awareness etc.

But the government should spend more money on research facilities and science laboratories instead of wasting money to send people to mecca and Jerusalem to become more retarded.

Don't mistake contagiousness with deadliness. Ebola is 90% fatal while SARS is 9.6% fatal so don't even compare the two.

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by uwa244(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Well,its sad he lost his life but,its of advantage to Nigeria as a nation.he would have been a distributing agent of Ebola disease in Nigeria.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Funny but hope its just a joke! Abeg o

uzeba: This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hmmmm....rest in peace Mr Patrick....I do hope it hasnt spread oo.... Father, lord pls let it b d last time we will hear abt it here in Naija...Amen

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Chai this is true o! Poor unsuspecting passengers. Lord have mercy cry

UnknownT: Did he enter Nigeria via a chartered flight? Hope he didn't infect any of his co-passengers during the flight to Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

James And John Ugwoke: Conjoined Twins In Lagos (Photos) / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) / Remedy Needed For This Serious Skin Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.