Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

"I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 (826 Views)

The Gov Said They Were Sooo Shocked By President Buhari In Their Recent Trip To / Ogun Gov's Wife Mrs Amosun Warns Nigerians Not To Expect Much From Buhari / Low Cost Airline To Commence Operations In Nigeria By July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Kenai: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
On July 3, 2014, Ibikunle Amosun, the Ogun State governor, said this:

[size=14pt]I Won't Distribute Rice - Amosun[/size]
Thursday, 03 July 2014 01:41

KAYODE OBISANYA, Abeokuta

The Ogun state Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has promised to continue the development of infrastructure in the state particularly in the area of road construction in order to ameliorate the difficulties experienced by the people,

Governor Ibikunle Amosun made the promise during the inauguration of the new Chairman of the State Council of Obas at the Obas complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta yesterday.
He noted that his administration believes in building infrastructure to aid the development in the state which will endure years after he would have left the government rather than donating rice to the people, which he said is an insult to the people.
The government .he said, is not unaware that there is hunger among the people but urged them to be patient saying with the provision of infrastructure many firms would be established and these would create jobs and employment for the people thereby enhancing their living standard. adding that over 50 Indutries have been established in the state during the last three years
The Governor reiterated his determination to make Ogun state an enabling environment for business to thrive.
He appealed to the tradition rulers to pursue peace and rapid development of the state and admonished them to ensure that their subjects are not involved in violence and thugrey particularly during elections.

He stated that despite the dwindling allocation from the Federal government his administration does not owe any worker a month salary

Senator Ibikunle Amosun promised to review the salary and allowance of the traditional rulers, while he also promised to donate cars to them saying “we cannot cater for the welfare of all the Obas at once, but it will be done in batches,

In his speech the state Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs Bashorun Muyiwa Oladapo noted that the traditional rulers in the state have continued to play their role as the custodian of our culture, and, most importantly, as mediators among the people in their respective domain adding that they have also been promoting peace and stability. He told them that government would continue to count on them for support and advice.

Also speaking,the Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland Oba Sikiru Adetona said that traditional ruler in the state have been contributing their own quota to the development of the state through the Obas’ Council, which is a major advisory body to the government adding that they would not renege in the sacrosanct duty of keeping their people informed and pledge their unalloyed loyalty to the government.

The Awujale implored the governor to organise regular retreat for royal fathers in the state in order to keep them abreast of government policies and programme

Oba Adetona also called for the enlargement of the council’s membership through the review of existing law

On the 2015 election, he decried the threat and counter threat by politicians, saying, “ if their mission is to serve people, then they should allow the people to choose whom they want.

In his speech, the new chairman of the state council of Obas, the Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Adeniyi Sonariwo commended the Governor for his appointment.

His words: “The administration of your Excellency stands out among your contemporaries in the country, All the monumental projects which are been put in place since you assumed office are people oriented and they are highly commendable”.

He therefore pledge the loyalty of the traditional rulers to the government.

http://championonlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=20482:i-won-t-distribute-rice-amosun&Itemid=208&lang=en

20 days later...

[size=15pt]‘Rice-frastructure’ wave hits Ogun as Amosun begins campaign[/size]
By Wale Odunsi on July 23, 2014

The free distribution of rice during the last governorship election campaign in Ekiti State has no doubt affected political campaign strategy in the South-west.

During the build up to the June 21 election, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the All Progressives Congress, APC, had shared both raw and cooked rice to some residents of the state.

The trend has now reached Osun, with the above-mentioned parties and their candidate, carrying out distribution of the food item and others to prospective voters ahead of the August 9 poll.

However, despite the fact that the gubernatorial poll in Ogun is seven months away, the camp of Governor Ibikunle Amosun, has started their own rice-sharing scheme.

DailyPost gathered that the governor, who is seeking a second term despite opposition from his benefactor and erstwhile governor, Olusegun Osoba, has released funds for kick-off of his re-election campaign.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/07/23/photonews-rice-frastructure-wave-hits-ogun-amosun-begins-campaign/

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtPLc9iCcAAJ3VL.jpg:large[/img]

2 Likes

Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Kenai: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
So I guess it's true what they say: When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Decibel: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
; grin grin grin cheesy wink grin cheesy cheesy wink
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Yeske2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kai......na wah o!
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by PointB: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Coneheads and rice! A progressively sophisticated politics! cheesy grin
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by tit(f): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
Shiinekeaa!
I was about to say I will take ewa!
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Faun(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Chai! Diaris God oooo grin

1 Like

Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
I had they have given him a new name in ogun. AMG-amosun must go.
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Faun(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
On a serious note, it's surprising this thread isn't on the frontpage yet.
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by seanet02: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
nwabekeyi: I had they have given him a new name in ogun. AMG-amosun must go.
Mofo. Amosun is not the one sponsoring the Rice distribution. This is being done by aspirants and some political functionaries. I know in and out of APC at least in Ogun. Some of you can't even mention your state publicly only to come and ridicule people harbouring you.
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by seanet02: 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
People like Lanre Edun, Agbakin Taofeek and some local government chairman are sponsoring this. Amosun is not the one sponsoring this.
Re: "I Won't Distribute Rice" - Amosun (ogun Gov) Said On 3rd July 2014 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
seanet02: Mofo. Amosun is not the one sponsoring the Rice distribution. This is being done by aspirants and some political functionaries. I know in and out of APC at least in Ogun. Some of you can't even mention your state publicly only to come and ridicule people harbouring you.
AMG-amosun must go

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kano Trade fair complex beside Shoprite Kano / Who Says That The Igbomen Or Woman Can't Be President? / Just In - APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.