Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Brief History Of Nnewi - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Brief History Of Nnewi (38342 Views)

Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt) / Brief History Of NDOKWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Henryceey(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Investors all over the world you highly welcome to the land of Gold,japan of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by kenono(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2014
One unique and amazing thing about Nnewi is that the ladies there have a striking love for bykes(motorcycles). Almost all i know are good at it, same with Mgbidi ladies.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by calobinna(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

QUESTION FOR THE GODS.

ANAMBRA IS A NO MAN'S LAND. BENIN HAS A STAKE IN ANAMBRA
lol...forwarded to the gods...this guy is pretty high. but hasn't been to the most high!
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2014
3sth3r: My friends from the east keep saying they rather pardon a snake than a nnewi desendant..why is it so

Whr did u get it from..maybe Ur friends from the eat r jealous of d town

1 Like

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by janykute: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2014
kenono: One unique and amazing thing about Nnewi is that the ladies there have a striking love for bykes(motorcycles). Almost all i know are good at it, same with Mgbidi ladies.
I am not sure there is no household in Nnewi that doesn't have one or two motorbike.its more like our identity.

3 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by janykute: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2014
ZUBY77:

I didn't say Nnewi is a village. I said its not a city.

It's a town. Large town, developing fast.
Anaedo State?

Well Nigeria could be 1500 states by then. With my compound a local govt
It's already developed,not "fast developing"what other developement do you need in a town with such number of industries scattered all over Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2014
kekakuz: another long slave story.
they were not allowed to eat goat which they prepared for their Yoruba masters daily.
when oranmiya finally liberated them.the only thing they feel like eating was ewu(goat)
but they are afraid the their masters will know because ewure (goat) is the special meat of the Yoruba masters.

so they shorten ewure to ewu as a form of disguise yet the are afraid the yourubas will still know because they are great in knowledge.
so the used ewi meaning rat.
they felt their Yoruba lords will not be angry if they heard that they are eating rat.(rat who cares lol)
that is how rats saved them from slavery and that settlement was named nnewi for we were saved by the rats.
till this day,people of nnewi don't eat Bush rat but they don't mind eating house rat as that is the only way they can secretly eat rat.

I hope you learnt the truth.

Bigot!
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by giles14(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2014
alaladakosta: I hear, but.....
but wetin.are u jealous
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by teufelein(f): 8:32am On Jul 26, 2014
nnewi is a jungle, unplanned city, waste disposal site and can be equated to a place suitable only for undomesticated animals. there's absolutely nothing to write home about nnewi city; IT IS A JUNGLE!
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by giles14(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2014
ZUBY77: Stop referring to Nnewi as a city.
Plus Awka has surpassed it as the second largest in Anambra
in ur widest dream,wich awka pls stop telling lies to ur self and i tink i day u will also say dat awka is d large town in anambra
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by janykute: 8:42am On Jul 26, 2014
teufelein: nnewi is a jungle, unplanned city, waste disposal site and can be equated to a place suitable only for undomesticated animals. there's absolutely nothing to write home about nnewi city; IT IS A JUNGLE!
May we please know your own town or village that has something good to write about?
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by teufelein(f): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2014
janykute:
May we please know your own town or village that has something good to write about?

google my city or use google earth; Rosenheim, Germany....nnewi is not meant for humanbeings!
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by manneger2: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP: SO ANAMBRA IS A NO MAN'S LAND. BENIN HAS A STAKE IN ANAMBRA
edo is not pronounce like edo state, is edo meaning Gold in igbo language for example anaedo means land of Gold....

2 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

AND IBO HAILED FROM THE YORUBALAND.
sorry igbos don't hail from yoruba neither edo,yorubas look primitive very black scatched face and if there is any tribe that descend from yoruba its the tribe of gorillas

7 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Sealeddeal(m): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2014
teufelein:

google my city or use google earth; Rosenheim, Germany....nnewi is not meant for humanbeings!
you have a problem

3 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2014
teufelein: nnewi is a jungle, unplanned city, waste disposal site and can be equated to a place suitable only for undomesticated animals. there's absolutely nothing to write home about nnewi city; IT IS A JUNGLE!
go and die u dirty yoruba girl with a smelling armpit

3 Likes

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by 500GP: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2014
ANAMBRA11: sorry igbos don't hail from yoruba neither edo,yorubas look primitive very black scatched face and if there is any tribe that descend from yoruba its the tribe of gorillas

GORILLA LIKE OJUKWU WITH "BUSHY BEARD "
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by 500GP: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2014
manneger2:
edo is not pronounce like edo state, is edo meaning Gold in igbo language for example anaedo means land of Gold....

EPISTLE OF MANNEGER2
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by ZUBY77(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2014
janykute:
It's already developed not fast developing.what other developement will surpass the number of industries scattered all over Nnewi.A beg no mind me o i love my town so much.

You need to visit a city.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by ZUBY77(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2014
giles14: in ur widest dream,wich awka pls stop telling lies to ur self and i tink i day u will also say dat awka is d large town in anambra

I m not interested in this childish sentimental argument.

Awka as it is now is larger than Nnewi.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by modhream: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2014
ZUBY77:

I m not interested in this childish sentimental argument.

Awka as it is now is larger than Nnewi.
In your wildest dream,bro.i have kin from there who just left here this morn,if u must know.Not here for a mercedes-measuring contest tho,this thread is about Nnewi history,its structure and institutions.Let's stick to that
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2014
How did Onitsha get into all these? And this your Obi title isn't even original to Anaedo, it was borrowed from the Onitsha axis communities. There is only two Obis in Anambra, Obi of Onitsha and Nsugbe. And these two communities had migration from Anioma. Even the closest Anambra towns to Anioma doesn't even have the Obi title. Even Obi is non existent in many Anioma towns. Nnewi has no migrants from Anioma,at least non is recorded. Obosi has Umuezechima but still were immune to their influence let alone Nnewi that never had any contact with Onitsha prior colonialism.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by teufelein(f): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2014
Sealeddeal: you have a problem

not at all, you have one because you're incapable of planning a modern city rather than living a wretched life in a pigsty aka nnewi...black people una tire me...shameless animals

1 Like

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:42am On Jul 26, 2014
This piece is a complete joke.....I don't even know where to start. And don't confuse Obi the king and Obi the village heads chamber.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by janykute: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2014
Sealeddeal: you have a problem
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by janykute: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2014
teufelein:

I don't want to know where you reside please.I think am done with you for now ciao.
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nnamdini(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2014
Nnewi kwenu!!! Odimma Nnewi!!! Very interesting post & history of a great city in Igbo land & Nigeria in general but let me correct some impressions here.Some of the facts are abit old or stale.the history of this magnificent city is still debateble.Ichi,Oraifite & Ozubulu were all part of Nnewi North LG initially but in this present day,they are part of Ekwusigo LG

1 Like

Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2014
snadguy007: Nnekamezor....come read story o
i dey come ooo...mk i tidy sometinwink
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by teufelein(f): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2014
..spot the difference!!! Rosenheim and nnewi===>>>>humans + animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAqYYfAksEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rbfEBnMRo
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by teufelein(f): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2014
janykute:
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

look at this black monkey..tell who has a problem..?see your cities..gerrrouut here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtEqEJxKjSY
Re: Brief History Of Nnewi by Okeikpu(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2014
Anyi bu ndi NKWECHIRI.... cool Anaedo kwenu....!! Umuigbo kwezue nuoo....ndi NKWECHIRI abatasigo....ife adigoru umuigbo mma!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade / White Man Holds Umbrella For Oluwo Of Iwoland, Rasheed Akanbi In London / Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.