Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345202 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Omarbah: A nation of Fulbe would be nice wouldn't? Especially when the countries in West Africa will adopt an open border where people and capital could move easily from "country" to another.

It would be nice and it could happen. Though I wouldn't want us to separate from our other African brothers and sisters. It would be nice if West Africa was all joined together into something bigger. Though some Africans may not want it. Though I could see the economical and fiscal benefits right away under the proper leadership.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:02am On Aug 31, 2014
Bororojo are you Pullo?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Omarbah: Bororojo are you Pullo?

He is a Pullo, but he is hardly ever on Nairaland. I hear that he does have a Facebook though and he would be more than happy to add you.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Fulaman198:
It would be nice and it could happen. Though I wouldn't want us to separate from our other African brothers and sisters. It would be nice if West Africa was all joined together into something bigger. Though some Africans may not want it. Though I could see the economical and fiscal benefits right away under the proper leadership.
A nation does not necessarily have to be within a defined country. We can still have close ties with one another.
Plus I really do hope that ECOWAS will be a stronger union some day with Cameroon as a member of course.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Omarbah:
A nation does not necessarily have to be within a defined country. We can still have close ties with one another.
Plus I really do hope that ECOWAS will be a stronger union some day with Cameroon as a member of course.

I agree with you 100% brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 01, 2014
Omarbah:

i dont know what Cameroon is doing in ECCAS.
Almost everyone else thinks they are West African...... The way i see cameroon, they are somewhere in between, but actually slightly more "West African" than central African.. And there is nothing wrong on belonging to two unions,

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 01, 2014
Omarbah: Bororojo are you Pullo?

I am as pullo as any Fulani can get wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bororojo:

Almost everyone else thinks they are West African...... The way i see cameroon, they are somewhere in between, but actually slightly more "West African" than central African.. And there is nothing wrong on belonging to two unions,
Culturally speaking and even geographically Cameroon has more in common with Central African countries than West this is English speaking people who think we re in West Africa but we don't sorry
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nayah:
Culturally speaking and even geographically Cameroon has more in common with Central African countries than West this is English speaking people who think we re in West Africa but we don't sorry

lol You will have to convince me on that...... What does have cameroon have in common with Angola and Rwanda, that it does not have in common with Nigeria?? lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nayah:
From what I know they seem to be closer to West Africans , especially Ivorians. In Montreal and other universities they hang out more with west African and they tend to understand/speak Nuchi too, that slang created in Cote d'Ivoire.
Due to the Fang ethnic group though, they tend to have ties with Equatorial Guinea and Gabon too, but as far as main stream culture, I think they are more West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Omarbah: .......

Dont mind her...
At least 2 Million Nigerians live and work in Cameroon.
Their Anglophones (1/4) of their population speak the same Pidgin English as Nigerians, their Francophones , (the remaining 3/4) have some commonalities with Central Africans, but also with West African Francophones such as Ivorians Etc, just like you mentioned. Now, their Northern 40% have very deep ties with West Africa, especially Nigeria....

And she is here trying to lecture us on the same Cameroon that is a stone throw from my home town...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bororojo:

100% agree
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
I agree with Bororojo and OmarBah Cameroon has much more in common with West African countries than Central African countries. Though what would you both consider Chad and Centr. African Republic? I consider Chad West African and Centr. African Republic Central African.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Fulaman198: I agree with Bororojo and OmarBah Cameroon has much more in common with West African countries than Central African countries. Though what would you both consider Chad and Centr. African Republic? I consider Chad West African and Centr. African Republic Central African.

Chad is Predominantly West African with some North African and Central African influences... However their baseline culture is essentially a Kanuri/Kanembu/Toubou (Eastern West Africa) based. Although Chad plans joining ECOWAS.
C.A.R is purely Central African, no doubt about that.... lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Fulaman198:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqwlGksjHM
Yo Geno 6antu fi Zone Fulbe. I have learned so much from their page on facebook. And this great video shows pictures of fulbe from throughout Africa. I have to say, those Adamawana girls are really beautiful. I might have to go there and marry one. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Omarbah:
Yo Geno 6antu fi Zone Fulbe. I have learned so much from their page on facebook. And this great video shows pictures of fulbe from throughout Africa. I have to say, those Adamawana girls are really beautiful. I might have to go there and marry one. grin

How about the "Angelic' Fouta girlswink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:42am On Sep 02, 2014
You both are funny, Maasina for me bros
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Bororojo:

Chad is Predominantly West African with some North African and Central African influences... However their baseline culture is essentially a Kanuri/Kanembu/Toubou (Eastern West Africa) based. Although Chad plans joining ECOWAS.
C.A.R is purely Central African, no doubt about that.... lol

100% agree
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2014
Omarbah:

You and Bororojo might want to get some Fouta to Adamawa business going. I will stop halfway at Maasina grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 1:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Fulaman did you use another account to create this self servingly obvious thread? grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:19am On Sep 02, 2014
axum: Fulaman did you use another account to create this self servingly obvious thread? grin

No I'm not a Yoruba guy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

You and Bororojo might want to get some Fouta to Adamawa business going. I will stop halfway at Maasina grin

I have a special place in my heart for Fouta Djallon--- it looks exactly like my home environment, but lower in height.
Massina and Fouta Toro are too dry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Bororojo:

I have a special place in my heart for Fouta Djallon--- it looks exactly like my home environment, but lower in height.
Massina and Fouta Toro are too dry cheesy

You are too concerned about the well-being of your cattle lolll I am joking. I like Fouta Djallon as well, I love their music and how they have their own style with the Fulani flute.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

You are too concerned about the well-being of your cattle lolll I am joking. I like Fouta Djallon as well, I love their music and how they have their own style with the Fulani flute.

They call it the Tambin..... Sometimes when it is blown, you will be able to hear words through it like "on Jaarama" and "Alhamdullilahi" etc.
Every Fulani region is unique.... but i love Adamawa and Fouta Djallon best. Followed closely by the Sokoto-Plateau-Bauchi-Gombe Axis and The Sahel region in burkina.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 2:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

No I'm not a Yoruba guy

Very well cattle herder.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 02, 2014
axum:

Very well cattle herder.

Somalis herd Camels, I can barter some cattle and horses with you, even though i have a few camels of my own.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Bororojo:

They call it the Tambin..... Sometimes when it is blown, you will be able to hear words through it like "on Jaarama" and "Alhamdullilahi" etc.
Every Fulani region is unique.... but i love Adamawa and Fouta Djallon best. Followed closely by the Sokoto-Plateau-Bauchi-Gombe Axis and The Sahel region in burkina.

Woodi sanne!

For me brother I really am in love with the kind of Fulani music they play in Mali and Burkina Faso. I love Adamawa only because I am from there. Yah the Fouta Djallon fulbe call it the Tambin, while we call our flute Ndandalu, Serredu or Odiiru. But it sounds different. I think the most diverse Fulani music is found in Maasina and Burkina Faso.

You are right about every Fulani region being unique but we all have things in common. We are still one people. I guess if I had to rank the Fulani regions it would be

1. Adamawa
2. Maasina/Burkina Faso (Liptaako area)
3. Sokoto Fulbe which means Fulani of Western Niger and Northern Benin Republic and the Gombe and Bauchi regions can also be included here
4. Fouta Djallon (Guinea and Sierra Leone)
5. Fouta Tooro (Senegal and Mauritania)
6. Fuladu in Gambia and Southern Senegal near Casamance.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:02am On Sep 02, 2014
axum:

Very well cattle herder.

Are you going to take my brother Bororojo's offer?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Bororojo before I go to sleep please listen to this song this is true pure Fulani music. The music of our forefathers, jam e kisal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZtYS24kJk&

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:17am On Sep 02, 2014
If I have the chance to visit Nigeria, Yola and Sokoto would be my favorite destinations. I want to see the latter because it was the capital of the Sokoto Caliphate. Visiting Kano too would be interesting but it seems like it is a Hausa dominated city.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Fulaman198: Bororojo before I go to sleep please listen to this song this is true pure Fulani music. The music of our forefathers, jam e kisal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZtYS24kJk&
the farmers in Futa Jallon sing similar songs when working. The lyrics are different but the rhythm is the same. When the moon is full in the village, they often come out play and sing. Women create their own circle, sing together, clap. Despite the distance we have a lot in common. A Pullo will remain one. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.