Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345496 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Omarbah:
Oh my bad, I know Serigne Ahmadou Bamba( May Allah Forgive Him and Accept Him in his Eternal Paradise) passed away in 1927. But
I thought every other Khalif is called that way. I guess I was wrong.
These religious institutions are important sister. They build a second layer of protection for the society. This way if the state fails, the morale
decline won't reach the society and devour it. This is why I believe Senegal is still culturally rich. You are greeted with Salamec or Nanga Def instead of "what's up" or Bonjour.
We are not going to finish this without me asking, what business opportunities do you see there? I know real estate is a big thing but what else would you suggest? smiley

No Serigne Touba is the only one called like that.
Yes brotherhood are an important element for the well being of the society but like everywhere they also have their negative sides.
It depends where you live at the moment for opportunities. Real estate is good but everyone is doing it at the moment it seems saturated. I'm myself doing some researchs on it but I cannot have all informations because I'm not in Senegal most of the year.
The good thing would be to go there if you're leaving elsewhere and investigate. I don't really trust people's advices because what works for you may not work for someone else.
But why don't you try mining in Guinea? Your country has rich natural resources.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

What they don't understand is that embracing one's language and wanting to maintain your own culture has nothing to even do with racism. It's like the French or English telling Africans that they MUST absolutely speak only French or English or they will be branded as racists for speaking their native tongue. Someone needs to tell the Wolof's that. It truly doesn't make sense. It's as if the Fulani speaking population in Senegal is forced to do something they want to do.

I can now see why the Toroobe keep to themselves. If anything no offence to the Wolof, they seem to be acting a bit 'tribalist' by attempting to enforce their own language on non-Wolof.

Funny you would say that, since that is what your Hausa brothers here in Nigeria are doing...
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
macof: What does it take for a foreigner to marry from a fulani family??

Is it only the flogging and Islam??

How did this flogging thin even become popular?? lol,.... Fulanis just say it to scare outsiders off.....
In my side, only certain clans most notably the Jaafun practice it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Takamba:
No Serigne Touba is the only one called like that.
Yes brotherhood are an important element for the well being of the society but like everywhere they also have their negative sides.
It depends where you live at the moment for opportunities. Real estate is good but everyone is doing it at the moment it seems saturated. I'm myself doing some researchs on it but I cannot have all informations because I'm not in Senegal most of the year.
The good thing would be to go there if you're leaving elsewhere and investigate. I don't really trust people's advices because what works for you may not work for someone else.
But why don't you try mining in Guinea? Your country has rich natural resources.
Mining is interesting but it is capital intensive and you need political connections to get the licenses. Take Mount Simandou for example, it takes an investment of more than $20 billion for the project plus the cost of building the transGuinean railroad. The same with bauxite, a company just acquired a mine for $5 billions. The only way to compete with multinationals is if the state itself create its own mining companies. Gold and diamond mining are among the few a citizen can engage into. But even there, it's an environmental disaster and the revenue is low except for the guys at the village consuls and the ones at the ministry of mines. Siguiri in Northern Guinea is full of people mining gold. My thing would be bringing something that they actually consume.
If I have the money I would prefer doing the refining side of it like taking iron ore and making construction steel, cookware, tools etc...
Let foreign capital venture into that. As long as the government taxes them it's all good. What I am interesting is producing goods and services for the workers, that's where real money/less hassle is.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Bororojo:

Funny you would say that, since that is what your Hausa brothers here in Nigeria are doing...
are they "forcing" it or are Fulanis doing it willingly because it's just easier to communicate that way?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Now Takamba , on the other hand if it was oil which has a high rate of return then I would definitely try to go in.
But mining takes too much capital, you need to be connected with banks or international investors.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 12:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Omarbah: Now Takamba , on the other hand if it was oil which has a high rate of return than I would definitely try to go in.
But mining takes too much capital, you need to be connected with banks or international investors.

Oh I see, and Guinea does not produce oil right? So that's why only foreign companies invest in mines. You could try agriculture for exportation, or even importation. and yeah services are always a good investment.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Takamba:

Oh I see, and Guinea does not produce oil right? So that's why only foreign companies invest in mines. You could try agriculture for exportation, or even importation. and yeah services are always a good investment.
Not at the moment, they have found it at the coast but they still need to figure out if it is enough for commercial purposes.
Yes, agriculture, appliances, home furniture, you know things that people will always need. That's my thing.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2014
Bororojo:

Are they not your Hausa brothers too cheesy?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Omarbah:
Not at the moment, they have found it at the coast but they still need to figure out if it is enough for commercial purposes.
Yes, agriculture, appliances, home furniture, you know things that people will always need. That's my thing.

I see smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Nice video with the "rodeo". You know Fulaman, the history of Fulbe in Guinea says that the last [B]wave[/b] of Fulbe to arrive
in Guinea mainly came from Masina and Boundou in Mali. Afte watching this video I realize that their Pulaar is structured just like ours. The only
thing that differs is the pronunciation of certain words, basically accents. I'd love to visit Maasina some day but unfortunately unlike Adamawa and Futa Jallon , their climate seems to be harsh. wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Too bad we do not do this in Futa Jallon anymore, maybe in some parts but not Futa Jallon. I used to attend the Toupal though, LOVE IT. Everyone brings out their best dish and share it with the "Wuro".

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:01am On Aug 30, 2014
Omarbah: Too bad we do not do this in Futa Jallon anymore, maybe in some parts but not Futa Jallon. I used to attend the Toupal though, LOVE IT. Everyone brings out their best dish and share it with the "Wuro".

I like Mali's Fulfulde too, I understood it 100%. I like the way the intonation they use. Mido yidi mi yaha leydi Mali but I will definitely need my turban once I get there.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Ayyo pullo bandam OmarBah, noy dun wi'ite 'flute' e foutajaloore?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Fulaman198: Ayyo pullo bandam OmarBah, noy dun wi'ite 'flute' e foutajaloore?
Ko tammbinru "flute" wi'ite. If you speak french, or understand some of it, here is a dictionary actually that you can use.
I am sharing with as many people as I can.
http://www.peeral.com/saggitorde_f_f/index-french/main.htm

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:04am On Aug 30, 2014
Omarbah:
Ko tammbinru "flute" wi'ite. If you speak french, or understand some of it, here is a dictionary actually that you can use.
I am sharing with as many people as I can.
http://www.peeral.com/saggitorde_f_f/index-french/main.htm

Woodi, mi famay francais. In Adamawa and in some Mbororo dialects it's called "Ndandalu, Serredu or Odiiru" Anyways, I don't know why I can not sleep ROFL I have a lot on my mind.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Futajaloore has some "interesting" twists to it i have noticed.
Unlike other Fulfulde dialects it is quite tonal.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Bororojo: Futajaloore has some "interesting" twists to it i have noticed.
Unlike other Fulfulde dialects it is quite tonal.
could you elaborate please?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:34am On Aug 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Woodi, mi famay francais. In Adamawa and in some Mbororo dialects it's called "Ndandalu, Serredu or Odiiru" Anyways, I don't know why I can not sleep ROFL I have a lot on my mind.
Serdu is also used for it. We have synonyms too [LOL].

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Omarbah:
could you elaborate please?

If you listen to the Fulfulde spoken in Adamawa or Massina (Mali) for example, it is quite flat/even toned....
but in FJ, it is almost like they are singing...let e see if i can find examples .

This is
Adamawaare (Nigerian preacher)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA3xqV8Zec

Admawaare (Cameroon political campaign)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2CtQNvC2Q
this is Futa Jaloore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-918rCckI

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:09am On Aug 30, 2014
the tone tends to rise and drop indeed for Futa Jallon, I bet it's like a melody to you guys lol,
This difference would affect the understanding of the language for someone living in Adamawa for example. It could
difficult at first to follow them.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:16am On Aug 30, 2014
I love the sound of all Fulfulde. Our language is the most beautiful language in the world. Now I must go and listen to the Baaba Maal song Demgalam as a result

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:24am On Aug 30, 2014
Hey Brothers OmarBah and Bororojo I think you both would love this song it has a Fouta Djallon melody to it but in Fombina Adamawaare dialect cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPy0s79yet4

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lol @ fulaman it was a question na ?

@ Omar is your name oumar Bah ? And are you from Mauritania?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Lol @ fulaman it was a question na ?

He's Guinean
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Fulaman198: Hey Brothers OmarBah and Bororojo I think you both would love this song it has a Fouta Djallon melody to it but in Fombina Adamawaare dialect cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPy0s79yet4
How I would love to see greater collaboration between Yimo6e fulbe. By the way I don't know if you listen to Lama Sidibe
here is one of his song with the exact same melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R74OtEeg8

And here is my favorite from him, the title is Mamou, a city at the center of Guinea. It is well known that when you are traveling from Conakry and going to Futa, once you arrive in Mamou, the air changes and you feel at home. Let me stop right now, it's giving me nostalgia cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevWsMD0IW0

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Lol @ fulaman it was a question na ?

I am Guinean indeed. Have you met Fulanis from Mauritania?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Omarbah:
How I would love to see greater collaboration between Yimo6e fulbe. By the way I don't know if you listen to Lama Sidibe
here is one of his song with the exact same melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R74OtEeg8

And here is my favorite from him, the title is Mamou, a city at the center of Guinea. It is well known that when you are traveling from Conakry and going to Futa, once you arrive in Mamou, the air changes and you feel at home. Let me stop right now, it's giving me nostalgia cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevWsMD0IW0

That is really excellent music and i like your thought process in regards to a Yimo6e fulbe troupe. One from Fouta Djallon, Adamawa, Maasina, Sokotobe, Toroobe, where hirnaange meets funaange. Different music styles under one beautiful Fulani banner complimenting each other. That is a dream. I really would want this to happen someday. It pleases me to know I'm not the only neddo pullo who has thought about this. That would really be a dream come true.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
A nation of Fulbe would be nice wouldn't? Especially when the countries in West Africa will adopt an open border where people and capital could move easily from "country" to another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.