Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345880 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
ArtanK:

I'm sure you remember his little 'God' moment so I'm not surprised. Words won't change people fate. I will only die when my time comes. It is written.

Yeah I remember loll a year ago when he went in a rant calling himself God. That's when I banned him. I'm just putting up with his antics for the time being.

You are right words can't change the fate of others. I believe that you will live a long and prosperous life Insha'Allah.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Yeah I remember loll a year ago when he went in a rant calling himself God. That's when I banned him. I'm just putting up with his antics for the time being.

You are right words can't change the fate of others. I believe that you will live a long and prosperous life Insha'Allah.

So will you inshallah. smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Supper: 6:42am On Jan 11, 2015
Many regards to the Puular/Fula/Fulani people for passing down to us our cool cowboy culture, rich fife and drum music tradition, timeless blues fife instrument, and many other significant aspects of our culture and genetic lineage, as well as some of the most note-worthy and well documented of our African ancestors in America, such as Ibrahim Ibn Sori- "The prince among slaves".

cool

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 9:37am On Jan 11, 2015
ArtanK:

So will you inshallah. smiley

Anigana? cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2015
Where are OmarBah and Bororojo?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Present sir ......

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bororojo:
Present sir ......

We are still missing OmarBah, how are you doing BTW? Noy kugal? The Axum has not been seen so far good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

We are still missing OmarBah, how are you doing BTW? Noy kugal? The Axum has not been seen so far good riddance to bad rubbish.

Fulaman, how dare you speak ill of me behind my back. Is this what the new generation of Fulanis is like? No honor nor respect. I am not surprised after all you are the one who is more proud of being Nigerian than a Fulani. Which isn't surprising considering the only thing you like about women is their feet.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
axum:

Fulaman, how dare you speak ill of me behind my back. Is this what the new generation of Fulanis is like? No honor nor respect. I am not surprised after all you are the one who is more proud of being Nigerian than a Fulani. Which isn't surprising considering the only thing you like about women is their feet.

I spoke in English so you could see I was speaking about you lollllll. I like more things about women than feet. Their feet is just my fetish, but I also like boobs, their butt and all that other stuff as well. Let's just say I admire women from head to toe.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Supper:
Many regards to the Puular/Fula/Fulani people for passing down to us our cool cowboy culture, rich fife and drum music tradition, timeless blues fife instrument, and many other significant aspects of our culture and genetic lineage, as well as some of the most note-worthy and well documented of our African ancestors in America, such as Ibrahim Ibn Sori- "The prince among slaves".

cool
Could you elaborate more on this subject brother? I've heard many people relate cowboy culture in the states to Fulanis.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Fulaman198:
Where are OmarBah and Bororojo?
Here brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Supper: 2:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Omarbah:

Could you elaborate more on this subject brother? I've heard many people relate cowboy culture in the states to Fulanis.

Already got it covered. I've made post that go in detail in the ways in which fulanis have influenced cowboy culture as well as other aspects of AA and general American culture here, and in previous comments on that thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1371950/which-culture-strongest-influence-among/1#17198228

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:05am On Jan 15, 2015
Supper:

Already got it covered. I've made post that go in detail in the ways in which fulanis have influenced cowboy culture as well as other aspects of AA and general American culture here, and in previous comments on that thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1371950/which-culture-strongest-influence-among/1#17198228
I knew about Omar Ibn Said and prince Abdul Rahman who actually from the same region as me, Futa Jallon. He actually went back to Africa, Liberia to be precise but never reached Futa. He died before. Oh how he could have told us secrets of western society back lol, we would have built a stronger economy in Futa to prepare for the French. But one day inshallah, one day...
I guess the few Fulanis that came to Us stayed true to their culture and religion. Hey, cattle herding is a lot easier than plantation work.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Supper: 4:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Omarbah:

I knew about Omar Ibn Said and prince Abdul Rahman who actually from the same region as me, Futa Jallon. He actually went back to Africa, Liberia to be precise but never reached Futa. He died before. Oh how he could have told us secrets of western society back lol, we would have built a stronger economy in Futa to prepare for the French. But one day inshallah, one day...
I guess the few Fulanis that came to Us stayed true to their culture and religion. Hey, cattle herding is a lot easier than plantation work.

Oh, yes. It was actually US President John Quincy Adams who granted him his freedom at the request from the Sultan of Morocco at the time(makes you wonder what kind of enslaved man would possess THAT kind of clout with those connections.) The issue of him returning to the Jallon must of been urgent for him and his american-born wife to leave their child who, to be fair, were adults at the time, in Mississippi. His descendants still meet up in Natchez every year for their family reunion. Omar Ibn Said was from the Futa Toro but never made it back. Yarrow Mamout was another fula who was emancipated from slavery and managed to carve out a successful life as a business owner and homeowner in Maryland.

In an article written by plantation owner and ethnographer James Hamilton Couper, he goes into detail describing the Fulanis on his and other nearby Georgia plantations, as being remarkably intelligent and devout muslims. It's safe to say that the enslaved fulanis, in general, did what they could to maintain their integrity in such a harsh environment.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Supper:

Oh, yes. It was actually US President John Quincy Adams who granted him his freedom at the request from the Sultan of Morocco at the time(makes you wonder what kind of enslaved man would possess THAT kind of clout with those connections.) The issue of him returning to the Jallon must of been urgent for him and his american-born wife to leave their child who, to be fair, were adults at the time, in Mississippi. His descendants still meet up in Natchez every year for their family reunion. Omar Ibn Said was from the Futa Toro but never made it back. Yarrow Mamout was another fula who was emancipated from slavery and managed to carve out a successful life as a business owner and homeowner in Maryland.

In an article written by plantation owner and ethnographer James Hamilton Couper, he goes into detail describing the Fulanis on his and other nearby Georgia plantations, as being remarkably intelligent and devout muslims. It's safe to say that the enslaved fulanis, in general, did what they could to maintain their integrity in such a harsh environment.
Wow nice to see that they still remember him, now are they MUslims if you don't mind me askng?
You know what, we can actually try to promote Fulani language among African Americans that are willing to learn.
It is nice to read these articles about the past from time to time. Yarrow Mamout is an example to follow, he rose up the rank by his ability to understand the world around him. That's what is called in the Fulani code called Pulaaku, Hakkile( intelligence, shrewdness, being able to adapt and take advantage of whatever situation you are in).

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by namfav(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
i think fulani is the greatest tribe in africa, that is what my father always said
with all due respect to the other tribes of course
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2015
Fulaman, you got me hooked on finatawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRXj6e6cH38

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:16am On Jan 20, 2015
Omarbah:
Fulaman, you got me hooked on finatawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRXj6e6cH38

Good one bro, Finatawa just means tradition in Eastern Fulfulde, is that the same way you say it in Fouta Djaloore?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Good one bro, Finatawa just means tradition in Eastern Fulfulde, is that the same way you say it in Fouta Djaloore?
The same exact word.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:47am On Jan 23, 2015
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:58am On Jan 23, 2015
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Debbo pullo mo leydi Nayjeria

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:38am On Jan 25, 2015
Fulaman198:
Debbo pullo mo leydi Nayjeria
Whats the occasion?
Where do you find these sisters, Abuja ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:28am On Jan 25, 2015
Omarbah:

Whats the occasion?
Where do you find these sisters, Abuja ?

Waila bro (North), marriage occasion loll
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:30am On Jan 25, 2015
Debbo am (joking)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:40am On Jan 25, 2015
Fulaman198:
Debbo am (joking)
Ehhh Allah, ko hondhoun mi Waɗaata? lol
I wish our two regions were connected...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:47am On Jan 25, 2015
Omarbah:

Ehhh Allah, ko hondhoun mi Waɗaata? lol
I wish our two regions were connected...

Lolllllllll Walah, mido yidi debbo do. Same here bro loll I wish all Fulani regions were from Senegal to Sudan

Bring me 100,000 na'i
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:01am On Jan 25, 2015
Debbo ko jawdi @ OmarBah

That guy is one lucky fellow. May Allah bless their marriage

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:27am On Jan 25, 2015
All I ask for is a good clean woman who respects herself and me

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:38am On Jan 25, 2015
Fulaman198:
Debbo ko jawdi @ OmarBah

That guy is one lucky fellow. May Allah bless their marriage
A haali googa, dembo ko jawdi, ko dembo wonni fii Leñol.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:41am On Jan 25, 2015
Omarbah:

A haali googa, dembo ko jawdi, ko dembo wonni fii Leñol.

Gonga ma sakike am (bandam). A yidi Pullo debbo Adamawa? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.