Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345895 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Omarbah:

In tis one, her fulfulde is clearer. Who is she talking about?

I was going to say it's probably clearer because you don't have to listen to the auto tune in the beginning which can make it hard for a non-local to understand.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

She is singing about a man related to the late Garbajo Yusufa. In many of her songs she praises modern day Fulani heroes from Adamawa (both in Nigeria and Cameroon) and Gombe. Outside of Nigeria this man isn't known but he is quite the local hero.
How so? I'd like to hear more about him.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by AfricasSon: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
One thing I have noticed about the nomadic Wodaabe they have a very diverse bone structure that's out of this world very beautiful and well defined it seems more unique to other people's around the world period it's very interesting to me at least but i believe it's indigenous and native to them and has nothing to do with foreign admixture they tend not to mix with people outside of their ethnic group which I have to say I really respect about them they stick to their culture.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Omarbah:

How so? I'd like to hear more about him.

I don't know if I know of anymore songs about him. Unfortunately my brother, there are many heroes worldwide that are never heard of due to the region we are from and the fact that most people never see Africans as heroes.

Since Fulani people are disrespected in this country, no one ever speaks well about us, so only we recognise our own for their great deeds. There are far too many unsung heroes in this world and I pray that Jomiraawo protects them and their own. I pray that their offspring will be as great or greater than them.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
AfricasSon:
One thing I have noticed about the nomadic Wodaabe they have a very diverse bone structure that's out of this world very beautiful and well defined it seems more unique to other people's around the world period it's very interesting to me at least but i believe it's indigenous and native to them and has nothing to do with foreign admixture they tend not to mix with people outside of their ethnic group which I have to say I really respect about them they stick to their culture.

Wodaabe and other Mbororo'en are supposedly the purest of the Fulani
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know if I know of anymore songs about him. Unfortunately my brother, there are many heroes worldwide that are never heard of due to the region we are from and the fact that most people never see Africans as heroes.

Since Fulani people are disrespected in this country, no one ever speaks well about us, so only we recognise our own for their great deeds. There are far too many unsung heroes in this world and I pray that Jomiraawo protects them and their own. I pray that their offspring will be as great or greater than them.
I think it is more like hatred that folks have toward fulanis, not just in Nigeria. Some would call a Pullo racist just for speaking his language lol
In Guinea for example, in a gathering of Guineans unless the majority of people are fulbe, if you put a fulani song on, you can notice how uneasy others get. But when they put one of their songs on, they expect you to enjoy and when you don't, you are called racist lol .
They call us mean, greedy, stingy, I mean all sort of names. Which is why our motto is, only a Pullo can help another Pullo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Omarbah:

I think it is more like hatred that folks have toward fulanis, not just in Nigeria. Some would call a Pullo racist just for speaking his language lol
In Guinea for example, in a gathering of Guineans unless the majority of people are fulbe, if you put a fulani song on, you can notice how uneasy others get. But when they put one of their songs on, they expect you to enjoy and when you don't, you are called racist lol .
They call us mean, greedy, stingy, I mean all sort of names. Which is why our motto is, only a Pullo can help another Pullo.

I understand your sentiments wholeheartedly and do agree.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:40am On Mar 12, 2015
Jomiraawo, mi yetti ma ngam a waddanam fulbe worbe dido (minirabe am Bororojo e OmarBah). Mi yetti sanne sanne

Allah the almighty
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by AfricasSon: 5:05am On Mar 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Wodaabe and other Mbororo'en are supposedly the purest of the Fulani
Yes I've heard which poses the question now you yourself are a mbororo am i right and my main question is do the wodaabe buy into the whole Caucasian hamitic bs or are they there own community who are unique to themselves and others.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:30am On Mar 12, 2015
AfricasSon:
Yes I've heard which poses the question now you yourself are a mbororo am i right and my main question is do the wodaabe buy into the whole Caucasian hamitic bs or are they there own community who are unique to themselves and others.

No, because all it is is B.S. we are Sahelian West Africans and the most nomadic people in the world. Also, it's considered a taboo for a Fulani to mix with others. So mixing with whites never occurred. At least one white male told the truth in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by AfricasSon: 6:22am On Mar 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

No, because all it is is B.S. we are Sahelian West Africans and the most nomadic people in the world. Also, it's considered a taboo for a Fulani to mix with others. So mixing with whites never occurred. At least one white male told the truth in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY
Thanks the fulani are one of the most interesting people to me one more question if you don't mind me asking but what exactly are the fulanis pre-Islamic beliefs and is there any groups of fulani who still practice those beliefs.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:29am On Mar 12, 2015
AfricasSon:
Thanks the fulani are one of the most interesting people to me one more question if you don't mind me asking but what exactly are the fulanis pre-Islamic beliefs and is there any groups of fulani who still practice those beliefs.

OmarBah and myself were discussing that as he is a Fulani from Guinea (Fouta Djallon). We are not 100% sure, because we have been Muslims for a very long time, but we are trying to find that out. Right now, all Fulani groups regardless of how much Islam is practised are 99% Muslim. There have been some attempts by missionaries to brainwash Fulani people into becoming Christians (mainly whites trying to do this), but it has not been too effective.

The real answer to your question is, there are some present day Fulbe groups like the Mbororo'en who do indeed practise Islam less than other Fulbe groups. Those Fulbe that still live in the ladde (bush) don't practise Islam as much nor care for it as much as those who have settled down permanently in residential areas.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by AfricasSon: 7:59am On Mar 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

OmarBah and myself were discussing that as he is a Fulani from Guinea (Fouta Djallon). We are not 100% sure, because we have been Muslims for a very long time, but we are trying to find that out. Right now, all Fulani groups regardless of how much Islam is practised are 99% Muslim. There have been some attempts by missionaries to brainwash Fulani people into becoming Christians (mainly whites trying to do this), but it has not been too effective.

The real answer to your question is, there are some present day Fulbe groups like the Mbororo'en who do indeed practise Islam less than other Fulbe groups. Those Fulbe that still live in the ladde (bush) don't practise Islam as much nor care for it as much as those who have settled down permanently in residential areas.
I see thanks for the information and knowledge take it easy my brother.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:01am On Mar 12, 2015
AfricasSon:
I see thanks for the information and knowledge take it easy my brother.

Same to you
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
AfricasSon:
Before Islam, fulani pastoralists practiced an initiation called Kumen and whenever they gave sacrifices, they would to do to ask Geno( the Eternel, GOD in the fulani culture) a favor. There was a sort of priest in each fulani camp that was initiated to interpret signs and advise de Ardo( head of the camp) on what they are supposed to do to keep themselves and the cattle safe.
Kumen was a sort of boyscout thing with a touch of spiritualism. One would study how to care for the milk, how to properly make an altar, what are the different tools that one will need, how to interpret signs from nature etc...The Pullo( fulani child) would learn the different clans of fulani, what is their significance, how a cow of a certain fur texture is different from others.
As Fulanis started settling they embraced Islam. The first ones to do so were those of Tekrur, a state that existed in Northern Senegal around the end of the first millenium. Pastoral fulanis were progressively converted by their brothers through peace or wars as did Seku Ahmadu.
Islam brought more peace and cohesion among fulanis. It is a people that loved fighting...way too much lol.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by AfricasSon: 1:57am On Mar 13, 2015
Omarbah:

Before Islam, fulani pastoralists practiced an initiation called Kumen and whenever they gave sacrifices, they would to do to ask Geno( the Eternel, GOD in the fulani culture) a favor. There was a sort of priest in each fulani camp that was initiated to interpret signs and advise de Ardo( head of the camp) on what they are supposed to do to keep themselves and the cattle safe.
Kumen was a sort of boyscout thing with a touch of spiritualism. One would study how to care for the milk, how to properly make an altar, what are the different tools that one will need, how to interpret signs from nature etc...The Pullo( fulani child) would learn the different clans of fulani, what is their significance, how a cow of a certain fur texture is different from others.
As Fulanis started settling they embraced Islam. The first ones to do so were those of Tekrur, a state that existed in Northern Senegal around the end of the first millenium. Pastoral fulanis were progressively converted by their brothers through peace or wars as did Seku Ahmadu.
Islam brought more peace and cohesion among fulanis. It is a people that loved fighting...way too much lol.
Kumen huh i have to look this up and study and see what else i can learn from this thanks for the info and may peace with you my brother.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:45am On Mar 18, 2015
The new CEO of Credit Suisse, Tidjane Thiam.

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Omarbah:
The new CEO of Credit Suisse, Tidjane Thiam.

Is he Pullo? The Thiam sounds very Serer. He's most likely Haal'pulaaren though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Is he Pullo? The Thiam sounds very Serer. He's most likely Haal'pulaaren though.
Thiam is a Tukulor last name. I dont like to use the word hal Pulaaren to describe people. smiley
I prefer Pullo, that's it. So he is a Pullo.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
Omarbah:

Thiam is a Tukulor last name. I dont like to use the word hal Pulaaren to describe people. smiley
I prefer Pullo, that's it. So he is a Pullo.

Bororojo doesn't necessarily count the Tukulors as Fulbe. I do though my brother. I hear you though on the terminology it's not too vulgar but it kind of separates them from us which is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

Bororojo doesn't necessarily count the Tukulors as Fulbe. I do though my brother. I hear you though on the terminology it's not too vulgar but it kind of separates them from us which is wrong.
Why doesnt he comsider them fulbe? Lol
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Omarbah:

Why doesnt he comsider them fulbe? Lol

Because of name and 'features'. The Thiam isn't one of the original Fulbe names like Ba/Bah, Ka, Dia/Ja, Jallow/Jalloh/Diallo, Gajo, Gelajo/Geladio, Yero/Yaro, Baldé/Baldeh, etc etc
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Where is Bororojo the hero? You are missed my brother.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello everyone.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
YonkijiSappo:
Hello everyone.

What's up are you a Pullo?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

What's up are you a Pullo?

Yes.
Searching for something on Google, and I saw a link that leads here.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

Yes.
Searching for something on Google, and I saw a link that leads here.

Toy yudon bandirawo? An a pullo Nayjeria? Mi hofni ma
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Toy yudon bandirawo? An a pullo Nayjeria? Mi hofni ma

Minfu mihoffni bandiraado.
Eh Min mi pullo neddo mo lesdi Nigeria. Baabiraawo am goddo to leydi Fombina, daadiraawo am bo, o goddo diga woyla leydi kamaru. (Marwa Diamare).

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

Minfu mihoffni bandiraado.
Eh Min mi pullo neddo mo lesdi Nigeria. Baabiraawo am goddo to leydi Fombina, daadiraawo am bo, o goddo diga woyla leydi kamaru. (Marwa Diamare).

O hoho, woodi maasin Yonkiji Sappo! cheesy jam e kisal.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

O hoho, woodi maasin Yonkiji Sappo! cheesy jam e kisal.

smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sorry brothers, do the Haalipulaar'en self identify as Fulbe?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
YonkijiSappo:
Sorry brothers, do the Haalipulaar'en self identify as Fulbe?

Some do some don't, it varies

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.