Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30189 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by SleekyPosh(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]OP I won't say ure M.A.D, You are...But I won't say it.

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
craziebone:

there has never been anytime when men were the first to file ddivorce ! I wonder where you get all these things from

if you say they will take another wife, i will agree but to say they would walkout of their marriages (divorce), is one things i wont agree with.

Yes because 99% of the time they are the ones usually misbehaving while the women bear all their rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
craziebone:

you know deep down within your self that what you have said isnt true. No wonder it took you long to reply. You were actually looking for the best answer to give.

I do not live on nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Kay17: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yet there are successful families anchored by strong women/mothers who can hold their own, not the typical weak minded, worthless and vain women on the streets today. Actually Africa prior to European intrusion, cultivated vibrant and powerful matriarchs who had corporate status and a say in the community.

coogar:

you don't need to find out anything.
even if he's a man, he must have grown up in a broken home. a child that grew up in a house where the father "took charge" and performed his fatherly role will not come online and write such nonsense.

however, when the father is absent & the mother played the role of both parents, it's easy to figure out why anyone would feel men aren't the heads of their families. he's a product of his environment. he needs a father figure!

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by siegfried99(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
coogar:

why should i believe a man wrote this piece? this is the handiwork of a menstruating female trying to score cheap brownie points. only a man that has sold his birthright, born without testiclës can write this nonsense.

the thread is an epic fail!

Hahahhahahhaba grin grin grin lwkm.. U can say that again, don't mind them.

I still do not know the people liking the OP's posts undecided
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kay17: Yet there are successful families anchored by strong women/mothers who can hold their own, not the typical weak minded, worthless and vain women on the streets today. Actually Africa prior to European intrusion, cultivated vibrant and powerful matriarchs who had corporate status and a say in the community.

I feel you. The men of nowadays are even more worthless then the women.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by bukatyne(f): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jovie: OP, take it easy. You were trying to make a point against opression but d anger is too much...

I agree

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Emmaomotob(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

They are ready to leave their marriages at the slightest provocation etc. while they expect the women to bear and pray and fast. Not enjoyment exactly but just trying to point out the hypocrisy of men.
TASTELESS!!! embarassed
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
men have never at any point in time encouraged other men to abandon their families even if the said man is being a victim of domestic violence from his wife.

Men have never encouraged imorality as can be seen from the fact that past societies that are a bit more morally stable are more patrichal than today's societies. Also iot can also be seen from the fact that women accuse men of been behind those laws like compulsary hijab, etc.

Men are not the biggest advocates of abortion. This can be seen in the fact that the biggest voice against abortion in this world is the catholic church. This is a church thatis accused of having men at the top of its hyriachy meaning they are the ones who make doctrines.

I still cant see how men have enjoyed anything on that list.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tintingz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
I have missed a lot sha grin cheesy
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

They are ready to leave their marriages at the slightest provocation etc. while they expect the women to bear and pray and fast. Not enjoyment exactly but just trying to point out the hypocrisy of men.

this has never been the trend. Like i said, if you say the man would go or threaten to marry more wives should his wife begin to 'misbehave', then i would agree with you. Come to think of it...isnt the women that say that marriage has always been to the advantage of the man? Why would he want to leave a thing that is by its nature, is beneficial to him?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tintingz(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
femilicious:

OMG, OMG, OMG, if I was single I would marry you this instant
yeye dey smell . grin
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by cococandy(f): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
The word control gives me the goosebumps.
Really rubs me the wrong way.

How someone wants to conrol another person in the name of marriage is very sick indeed.
Some men use the submission message to try enforce control while in truth they are sick individuals who need help with their control issues

While some women use manipulation to control the men. Fan their egos and make them feel in charge while in truth they are just master puppeteers beating them adult men into shape

All in all it's just a sick thing that most people do. Wonder if it'll kill them to let others be themselves.

bukatyne: Most people live the puppet/puppet master game. Who the puppet & master is per time is the issue

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Yes because 99% of the time they are the ones usually misbehaving while the women bear all their rubbish.

they are not the ones who misbehave 99percent of the times. The reason you see it this way is becos feminism became so vocal and some feminists are hell bent on portraying men in the negative light. The media also became feminist in thier news agenda. So the anti man propaganda over took the mentality of people of today so that when they think of patriachy and past societies, they just think it is 99percent man misbehaviour.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shaybebaby(f): 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
godjohnson: yea nice point. when leadership is divided in sections it makes sense but when taken as a single unit problems are bound to occur.
I thank you for your open-mindedness in considering my point and conceding that I may be right.
On the strength of that willingness to listen would be a start to earning your woman's trust and removing the conflict of who should be the leader or the " head".
A good leader is often willing to listen and will also accept that he or she does not hold all the answers, qualities worth emulating and respecting in my opinion. Thus you have my respect.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
A big hug to you for the last statement.

Both ought to pull all resources for the betterment of the family

As they deem fit

shaybebaby:
Saner would be determined by who makes better decisions depending on the situation and respective strengths. Outcomes would indeed prove them right or wrong.
Say I like maths and have been known to make sounder financial decisions than my partner, it stands to reason that I should take the lead in such matters. Not because of my gender but because I have proven that I am better equipped.
If my partner has shown himself to be a people person, a good negotiator and I'm the more impatient type, it stands to reason that he should take the lead when situations like that arise lest I ruin things with my temperament. I reiterate, it's called putting the best person forward for the task at hand for the benefit of all those involved( family).

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
kulyie: Pickabeau is already here, lobatan grin

Op you don get plenty customers o. grin
well that sissyssgot something dangling btwn his legs n i kno u dissappointed....so mind telling us,u balding dried up mustacheod n bearded 40+yrs old biitch,u mind telling us when u gonna go suck da 'dangling it' n tell him 10x u 4 da thread? DAMM!!! nl is really full of 'expiry date biitches',dammit!

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tuffgongjo(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
EbuGeneral: How come this poo made front page.. I was expecting an education write up.. Mtcheeewww

Abeg, who know whether Manchester United don sign another player?
yes,Rashidi Yekini.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
Divalavender: You are very right @ the Poster, some men re just goats , big billy goats oo , you don't beat a woman to gain respect ,that I call weakness n low self esteem , real men don't beat women , those goats in human skin called men , will do everything under the radar to avenge if their daughters re used as a punching bag and can't simply stand a man/boy hitting their daughters , yet he will tight his fist and descend on a woman like mike Tyson , that is what I call GROSS and COWARDICE , #period, if you can't control your anger , u walk out , and to those sisters out there who accepts such , kudos ooo , one day you will find yourself 6ft n trust me , if at all he mourns u , e no go pass 1week , konji go hold am. Both parties should show respect to each other , nobody is head or tail Biko , all is same in the eyes of the Lord. If I hear piiiiiiiim again! Human rights activist has spoken . Ngwa kachifonu .gutunight .
and some people will say we are equal . grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Reminds me of the Doctor with two lab rats stuff I read here a while back:

Doc was teaching two rats how to press a bell. The two rats were conversing thus:

Rat 1: How is it with the Dr?

Rat 2: He is learning

Rat 1: How?

Rat 2: Anytime I press the bell, he brings my food

The ultimate is for the home to run smoothly. However, it is achieved, fine

cococandy: The word control gives me the goosebumps.
Really rubs me the wrong way.

How someone wants to conrol another person in the name of marriage is very sick indeed.
Some men use the submission message to try enforce control while in truth they are sick individuals who need help with their control issues

While some women use manipulation to control the men. Fan their egos and make them feel in charge while in truth they are just master puppeteers beating them adult men into shape

All in all it's just a sick thing that most people do. Wonder if it'll kill them to let others be themselves.

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
craziebone:

they are not the ones who misbehave 99percent of the times. The reason you see it this way is becos feminism became so vocal and some feminists are hell bent on portraying men in the negative light. The media also became feminist in thier news agenda. So the anti man propaganda over took the mentality of people of today so that when they think of patriachy and past societies, they just think it is 99percent man misbehaviour.

It should not take a feminist to tell me what is going on all around me. I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Imagine the audacity of one of my guy friends telling me all married men cheat when I caught him cheating on his wife. Tomorrow if the wife files for divorce, you will come on Nairaland and tell me it is the work of feminists.

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
craziebone:

this has never been the trend. Like i said, if you say the man would go or threaten to marry more wives should his wife begin to 'misbehave', then i would agree with you. Come to think of it...isnt the women that say that marriage has always been to the advantage of the man? Why would he want to leave a thing that is by its nature, is beneficial to him?

According to men, there are plenty fish abi na fishes in the ocean.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
genuine question here. What exactly is that act of control that women always acuse men of. We have mentioned that word 'control' too many times that we are begining to forget what the very act of control it self is.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Hey, not all men are crazy about women cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
I thank you for your open-mindedness in considering my point and conceding that I may be right.
On the strength of that willingness to listen would be a start to earning your woman's trust and removing the conflict of who should be the leader or the " head".
A good leader is often willing to listen and will also accept that he or she does not hold all the answers, qualities worth emulating and respecting in my opinion. Thus you have my respect.
you have mine also. Thank you
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

It should not take a feminist to tell me what is going on all around me. I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Imagine the audacity of one of my guy friends telling me all married men cheat when I caught him cheating on his wife. Tomorrow if the wife files for divorce, you will come on Nairaland and tell me it is the work of feminists.

my dear, i did not say that men dont misbehave. I see that all around me too. What i was trying to say is that it isnt true that 99percent of times, men are the ones who misbehave.

This is very close to the antiman/misandry propaganda being pushed by some misandrists to make men look like the beast.

NB: there are only a few things i hate more that a man cheating on his wife and worse still, use the all men are polygamists nonsense to justify it.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Joenice: Hey, not all men are crazy about women cheesy

Hehe. 14 years awaits you o.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

thats what i'm saying na. Men encourage themselves and each other to take more wives if their current wife 'misbehaves'. They never tell themselves or each other to leave even today!
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
kmcutez:

Hehe. 14 years awaits you o.

not all men who are not 'crazie' about women are gay!

I guess what he mean is that not all men are womanizers and sex maniacs and that is true!

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by cococandy(f): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hahaha.

Whatever works for them right?
If it takes mind game for them to succeed. So be it.

@ shaybebaby. I dey follow you. wink
bukatyne: Reminds me of the Doctor with two lab rats stuff I read here a while back:

Doc was teaching two rats how to press a bell. The two rats were conversing thus:

Rat 1: How is it with the Dr?

Rat 2: He is learning

Rat 1: How?

Rat 2: Anytime I press the bell, he brings my food

The ultimate is for the home to run smoothly. However, it is achieved, fine

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by tintingz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
captivating: so the lady is the head on what basis? I dare any lady to proudly take the decision to pay the bills in the family, it is a fact that infact more than 50% of the ladies look for men who can pay the bills before they marry, you can't eat your cake and have it. He pays the bills, you remain under him.
thank you madam. smiley
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by huntila(m): 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Is the OP a guy or a girl? Or just GAY? Even women want men to take charge. To be the Head. Someone has to lead. Not a P***Y Nicca. If you have issues with men, you can change your gender.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

6 Ways Parents Complicate The Matrimonial Future Of Their Children. / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset / My Cute Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.