Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,805 members, 7,956,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism (4634 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by jhidey08(m): 12:26am On Jul 27, 2014
If u're really serious about dis, den u av a lot of work 2 do. Try and get d translated version of d Holy Bible as well as d Holy Qur'an, afta reading the two books extensively den u make a choice. All the best! If u're really serious abt it
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 27, 2014
jhidey08: If u're really serious about dis, den u av a lot of work 2 do. Try and get d translated version of d Holy Bible as well as d Holy Qur'an, afta reading the two books extensively den u make a choice. All the best! If u're really serious abt it

Two Books
Did you read the post? I don't think so.

I sincerely don't get it. Why do Nigerians often behave as if the World is comprised of just two religions viz: Christianity and Islam?

Have you any idea that these are just 2 out of about 1,000,000 religions that claim to follow God??

Have you any idea that the Bible and the Qur'an are just 2 out of 1,000,000 Religious Texts that are believed to contain the words of God??

When would Nigerians go beyond their boundaries and see what outside for once!?

BTW, I should remind you that while I high school I read Legend of Homa and Harry Potter's Goblet Of Fire and I really preferred that of the Legend of Homas.... In other words, Homas must be real and his way true, nice logic!

2 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by jhidey08(m): 1:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Two Books
Did you read the post? I don't think so.

I sincerely don't get it. Why do Nigerians often behave as if the World is comprised of just two religions viz: Christianity and Islam?

Have you any idea that these are just 2 out of about 1,000,000 religions that claim to follow God??

Have you any idea that the Bible and the Qur'an are just 2 out of 1,000,000 Religious Texts that are believed to contain the words of God??

When would Nigerians go beyond their boundaries and see what outside for once!?

BTW, I should remind you that while I high school I read Legend of Homa and Harry Potter's Goblet Of Fire and I really preferred that of the Legend of Homas.... In other words, Homas must be real and his way true, nice logic!
u only asked 4 an advice and I gave u my opinion. U don't look lyk sum1 who wants 2 get out of Atheism. It's jst an advice, u either take it or rubbish it. So u xpected me 2 advice u 2 read all d books and choose d 1 u feel is d best? Dude u're funny. U don't xpect me 2 advice u beyond d scope of ma religion, do u? Go ahead and d all d 1million books if u so wish. Wot's d essence of going outsyd when I strongly believe in wot I already av, going beyond ur boundaries could bring bad consequences. Stop wasting pple's tym here
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
jhidey08: u only asked 4 an advice and I gave u my opinion. U don't look lyk sum1 who wants 2 get out of Atheism. It's jst an advice, u either take it or rubbish it. So u xpected me 2 advice u 2 read all d books and choose d 1 u feel is d best? Dude u're funny. U don't xpect me 2 advice u beyond d scope of ma religion, do u? Go ahead and d all d 1million books if u so wish. Wot's d essence of going outsyd when I strongly believe in wot I already av, going beyond ur boundaries could bring bad consequences. Stop wasting pple's tym here

Pfft *drink spills* did i hear you say consequences?

Please bro, you seriously to read this: https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each#24987993

seriously

3 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by malvisguy212: 1:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Shhhhh I know what I'm doing, calm down!
you are playing with your soul.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by malvisguy212: 2:05am On Jul 27, 2014
alexleo: It baffles me when people can't discern when a post is sarcastic such as this very one. And you wate your time giving a detailed reply to sacarsm? Na wa for those of you replying this OP.
the first time I saw the thread, somtin in me say don't click, honestly, and surprisly this night the same thin say click and I click my first coment was "you are playing with your soul"
Do you know the parable of the greedy farmer?

I enjoy your post alex. Thank you

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by jhidey08(m): 5:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Please bro, you seriously to read this: https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each#24987993

seriously
sori bro, dis is a wrong person 2 suggest such article 2. I don't need anybody 2 tell me d Religion 2 practice. I know that I'm surely on d ryt track. So stick 2 ur atheism and leave pple alone. And pls, don't quote me again, please!
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by AtheistD(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist: The Flying Spaghetti Monster. cool
Or better still, Osewaism.
Worship Seun, and his wife Ishilove and he will make you a supermod, and give you unlimited bandwidth.
Our prophets: Mynd44, Mukina2, and Obinoscopy. TheBigUrban2
cool

What about me? I am a prophet too... and OOman.

On an unrelated note can I worship the FSP and the PU or do I have to choose?

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

What about me? I am a prophet too... and OOman.

On an unrelated note can I worship the FSP and the PU or do I have to choose?
Blasphemy!
Only supermods are prophets.
Mods are mere priests.
And you are none.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by AtheistD(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist:
Blasphemy!
Only supermods are prophets.
Mods are mere priests.
And you are none.

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

cry cry cry cry cry

pray to Seun, our owner and administrator.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by AtheistD(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist:
pray to Seun, our owner and administrator.

shocked
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
jhidey08: sori bro, dis is a wrong person 2 suggest such article 2. I don't need anybody 2 tell me d Religion 2 practice. I know that I'm surely on d ryt track. So stick 2 ur atheism and leave pple alone. And pls, don't quote me again, please!

Was any moniker mentioned at the OP? Was I forcing people to comment?

It is you that should "leave people alone" and stop calling others "worldly" and "dwellers of hellfire."

You "KNOW" you're on the right track? Fine!

Same does your muslim, buddhist, hindu, taoist, gnostic and pagan counterparts. They, too, believe they ARE on the right track.

So who's fooling who?

Whose God is true?
Whose Hell Fire is true?
Whose Track is true?

Don't deceive yourself bro!

Sangoism, Olodumareism, Obatalaism, Osewaism are all Yoruba myths.

Zeusism, Perseusism, Poseidonism are all Greek Myths.

Bahaism, Mohammadanism (Islam), Surfism are all Arabian Myths.

Yahwehism (Judaism, Sadduceeism, Phariseeism, Essenism), Zoroastranism, are Jewish or Judan Myths.

Gnosticism, Jesusism (Christianity), Josephusim, are Greco-Jewish Myths.

If it were only arabs that colonized Nigeria, you would have been a Muslim and you would say "You KNOW you are on the right track."

If it were Russia that colonized Nigeria you would have been an atheist and you would say "I don't believe in God."

Now, we were colonized by Britian: a country already polluted and influenced by a Greco-Jewish myth (Jesusism) which they in turn passed it unto us. If Britian was mainly Gnostics, we would all have had Gnosticism as a main religion.

You can't hold on to a myth and discredit other myths as "FALSE" even though you know that others hold on to other myths and regard yours too as "FALSE."

It doesn't work that way.

If you must hold on to your myth as "TRUE," every other person has the same audacity to hold to his own desired myth as "TRUE." No one is condemned to the other person's Hell Fire!

==>> Your believing a story doesn't make it true. Truth remains what it is even if it contradicts your belief.

"A Lie cannot become true for reason of multiple propagation and a Truth cannot become a Lie simply because no one sees it." --- Mahatma Gandhi.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by jhidey08(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Reiyvinn:

It is you that should "leave people alone" and stop calling others "worldly" and "dwellers of hellfire."

Same does your muslim, buddhist, hindu, taoist, gnostic and pagan counterparts. They, too, believe they ARE on the right track.

So who's fooling who?

Whose God is true?
Whose Hell Fire is true?
Whose Track is true?

Yahwehism (Judaism, Sadduceeism, Phariseeism, Essenism), Zoroastranism, are Jewish or Judan Myths.

If it were only arabs that colonized Nigeria, you would have been a Muslim and you would say "You KNOW you are on the right track."

If it were Russia that colonized Nigeria you would have been an atheist and you would say "I don't believe in God."

Now, we were colonized by Britian: a country already polluted and influenced by a Greco-Jewish myth (Jesusism) which they in turn passed it unto us. If Britian was mainly Gnostics, we would all have had Gnosticism as a main religion.

You can't hold on to a myth and discredit other myths as "FALSE" even though you know that others hold on to other myths and regard yours too as "FALSE."

If you must hold on to your myth as "TRUE," every other person has the same audacity to hold to his own desired myth as "TRUE." No one is condemned to the other person's Hell Fire!

==>> Your believing a story doesn't make it true. Truth remains what it is even if it contradicts your belief.

"A Lie cannot become true for reason of multiple propagation and a Truth cannot become a Lie simply because no one sees it." --- Mahatma Gandhi.

All the best.
k
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
jhidey08: k
wink cool
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Reiyvinn:

So who's fooling who?

Whose God is true?
Whose Hell Fire is true?
Whose Track is true?

All the best.
Are you Logicboy? You sound like him, only more civil. So you can't be LB. So what's your alt moniker?
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ishilove:
Are you Logicboy? You sound like him, only more civil. So you can't be LB. So what's your alt moniker?

wow it's an honour to have me likened to LogicBoy. I've never actually had a one-on-one with him though but I think I've read some of his posts and comments. I have no Alt Moniker, my profile says that I joined Nairaland in November 2013 and that's true. Before then I was just a throlling guest.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by TheBigUrban2: 6:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Ishilove undecided
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Ishilove undecided
Yes, LB?
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP....just to let you know how am enjoying this thread like a cold bottle of Gulder on a hot afternoon!

You remain a genius!

2 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ayomivic(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2014
that decision is for you alone to make. its not your father,mother sibllins, wife ,children, friends, boss, relatives and Nairalanders decision but you i mean you and you alone. from all you wrote make your research, which of them do you think is true God and worthy of worship?

If this would be part of your research, i am advise you to follow Jesus Christ. Believe in the almighty God. God of Abraham,God of Isaac, God of Jacob, God of Ayomivic
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2014
God of Ishmael also cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ayomivic: that decision is for you alone to make. its not your father,mother sibllins, wife ,children, friends, boss, relatives and Nairalanders decision but you i mean you and you alone. from all you wrote make your research, which of them do you think is true God and worthy of worship?

If this would be part of your research, i am advise you to follow Jesus Christ. Believe in the almighty God. God of Abraham,God of Isaac, God of Jacob, God of Ayomivic

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2014
cool cool cool
Reiyvinn:

seriously
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2014
i dunno..there r muslims and non xtians on this thread...can u narrate it here for us wink
malvisguy212: the first time I saw the thread, somtin in me say don't click, honestly, and surprisly this night the same thin say click and I click my first coment was "you are playing with your soul"
Do you know the parable of the greedy farmer?

I enjoy your post alex. Thank you
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2014
gbam!!!!!!
Reiyvinn:

So who's fooling who?

Whose God is true?
Whose Hell Fire is true?
Whose Track is true?

All the best.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ayomivic(m): 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
uzoexcel: God of Ishmael also cheesy cheesy cheesy
Are you sure?
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
grin grin
Ayomivic:
Are you sure?

Genesis 16 (New International Version)
Hagar and Ishmael
1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, "The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her." Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian maidservant Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, "You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my servant in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the LORD judge between you and me." 6 "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her. 7 The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?" "I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered. 9 Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." 10 The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count." 11 The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. 12 He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." 13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me." 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered. 15 So Hagar bore Abram a son, and Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Interesting thread...

Everything that concerns this world is all myths, 'BELIEVE' is just the right word to use in solving all worldly problems. One can't just jump into conclusion and say his religion is one true religion, we just believe, that's why we are all called believers, but I must add that one religion that sucks is christianity, everything about them their followers sucks. The annoying part is the Bible quoting, I don't understand, as if bible is the key to every problem in this world. Some sections of the book are not practiced till date but still it is called the holy book, the book is just a compiled historical articles written by talented christians, same kind of personality we still have in our midst today.

GOD: yeah, I believe in a God, who is a creator that wasn't created. That is the God I believe in.

HELL: hell no, why must there be a hell? I can't imagine a 10years old who only lies to be in the same hell with osama bin laden, hell no.

NOTE: I am a christian o (by birth actually)
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by frank317: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Reiyvinn:

grin I never knew you were a poet.

She rocks the show in literature section, but I know I willl be better than her soon. I know she knows it that's why she avoid my stories like plague

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
frank317:

She rocks the show in literature section, but I know I willl be better than her soon. I know she knows it that's why she avoid my stories like plague
Hahahaha! We aren't competing, sweetheart. cheesy

And FYI, I am not avoiding your stories. The problem is by the time I get to your stories it's already far gone and the pages are like a hundred. You have many faithful followers and their comments in-between each update make the story cumbersome to follow. Aside that, people dey call me oversabi so I say make I kukuma respect myself and stay away from the lit section so as not to get on anyone's nerves. smiley

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
Reiyvinn: Hello Nairalanders,

I've been going through a lot lately and it's been a source of bother to me.

Something keeps echoing in me that perhaps, there may be a God out there and that I may have really hurt with the things I've been posting lately so I think I just want to be on the safe side just in case there happens to be a "Last Day" (if you know what I mean) thus I think I want to leave Atheism; I feel it's too much of a delusion on me.

BUT........

there is a big problem that has me stuck in this very dilemma.

Guys, please I need your advise on the following.

* GOD:

Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Buddha, Amadioha, Olodumare, Sango, Zeus, Jupiter, Bel, Asante, Astarte, Moloch, Sugmad, Aliens, Satan, Odin, Dagon, e.t.c.

Which of these Gods should I worship?

* RELIGION:

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Eckankar, Zoroastranism, Order of Dagon, Wicca, Taoism, Baha'i, Sikhism, Semitic Pagan, Roman Pagan, Heathenism, Buddhism, Celtic Pagan, Gnosticism, e.t.c.

Which of the above religions should I follow?

* HOLY BOOK:

Bible, Qur'an, Veda, Suktras, Book of Satan, Torah, Apocrypha, Gnostic Scriptures, Baha'i Texts, Hellenistic Texts, e.t.c.

Which of the above Holy Books should I believe?

* HAGIOGRAPHY:

Jesus Christ, Muhammad, Buddha, Krisha, Baha'i, Perseus, Merlin, Mani, Anton LaVey, Joseph Smith, e.t.c.

Which of these Holy Men should believe?

----------------------------

I need an honest opinion please, not just biased trash. What do you suggest that I do?

* when offering me your advice, I'd appreciate it if you state your reason for whatever suggestion you may offer.

* Please and please don't tell me to "pray to God for guidance" because you haven't even told me the "God" to pray to, in what "Religious Style" I should pray, the "Holy Book" I should recall while praying and the "Holy Man" that should be my center of focus while praying. Please don't!! If you can't offer any suggestions just read comments.

Thanks.

This book will help, especially if you too have a mind that wants answers to questions most people are unwilling to ask.
"I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist", by Geisler, and Turek. I have a couple of the book, if you happen to be not too far from Ekiti State I might be able to lend you for a couple of days. The book employs forensic science, amidst others, to examine all forms of human belief systems including atheism, theism, pantheism...
Hope this helps you find the answer you so desperately seek.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by greatnma: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
I want to introduce you the Jesus christ.He knows you although you cant see Him with physical eyes but He is a good friend you will like to know.He gives peace. accept Him and see what He can do. The only one that strongly tells us to depart from all kinds of evil must be a good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. / Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ / Top Ten Astonishing Miracles (warning, Some Graphihc Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.