Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636317 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2017
Giel:

Thanks for the welcome, it was really cool

You're welcome.

Giel:

seems like most introverts need anger management, I wonder why, I need to search this out,
please does anyone know any reason why, I would really like to know

Hmm... I'm a little surprise you think most introverts seem to need anger management. Firstly, I doubt introverts are susceptible to anger due to their introversion. On the contrary, logic dictates because introverts are recluses, they would have less interactions to evoke anger and even if they want to get angry, the turbulence and emotions required might be unbearable and therefore avoided.

However, it is possible that due to the quiet nature of introverts, they may easily be cheated (or easily feel cheated) and hence react in anger because of this. But that'll still not a case of most introverts.

This is just my opinion though as I haven't read anywhere or researched about the link between anger and introversion.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
@ All

can been introverted lead to depression?

I created a blog to post what's on my mind daily because I don't think I have the nerve to share it with people and this is getting to me like a lot.

Instead of creating a two person conversation in my mind, I decided to blog about it.

Of course, I run it as an anonymous.

So I ask again, Can introversion lead to depression?

I'd say KINDA (instead of YES). Introverts have increased blood flow to the brain and are sensitive to the feel-good neurotransmitter, dopamine - hence no pleasure derived from active and "loud" activities. This make acetylcholine more produced in the brain so that pleasure can be derived from thinking and planning.

That said, since depression is characterised by melancholy, lack of desire in activities, feeling of inadequacy... This can be easily simulated in the introvert if more attention is not given to pleasurable activities like writing, reading, planning, thinking e.t.c.

Hence, it can be deduced that introverts are more susceptible to depression compared to extroverts. But it won't be completely fair to think introversion leads to depression because it doesn't.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NaijaIntrovert: 6:30pm On May 29, 2017
DonOms:

I'd say KINDA (instead of YES). Introverts have increased blood flow to the brain and are sensitive to the feel-good neurotransmitter, dopamine - hence no pleasure derived from active and "loud" activities. This make acetylcholine more produced in the brain so that pleasure can be derived from thinking and planning.

That said, since depression is characterised by melancholy, lack of desire in activities, feeling of inadequacy... This can be easily simulated in the introvert if more attention is not given to pleasurable activities like writing, reading, planning, thinking e.t.c.

Hence, it can be deduced that introverts are more susceptible to depression compared to extroverts. But it won't be completely fair to think introversion leads to depression because it doesn't.

Whoa! I love your reply!

Seem I am actually moving from myself from depression by putting down my thoughts on a blog. These pasts few weeks have been so tiring, I get so down easily with no one to actually share it with.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
I have been thinking this morning about how uncomfortable I do feel in parties. Don’t get me wrong here, I am always happy people are celebrating one thing or the other like the birth of a new baby, birthday celebration, marriage ceremony or all but attending a party is always like a big problem to me.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/05/29/birthdays-and-me/

You're not alone. I personally try to avoid crowds and by extension parties. Crowds and loud noise (or music) just make me unexplainably super uncomfortable.

It's good you're blogging your thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Giel: 8:37pm On May 29, 2017
DonOms:

You're welcome.

Hmm... I'm a little surprise you think most introverts seem to need anger management. Firstly, I doubt introverts are susceptible to anger due to their introversion. On the contrary, logic dictates because introverts are recluses, they would have less interactions to evoke anger and even if they want to get angry, the turbulence and emotions required might be unbearable and therefore avoided.

However, it is possible that due to the quiet nature of introverts, they may easily be cheated (or easily feel cheated) and hence react in anger because of this. But that'll still not a case of most introverts.

This is just my opinion though as I haven't read anywhere or researched about the link between anger and introversion.

Thanks,

I don't actually think so, i didn't intend for it to come off as if most introverts needed anger management(my bad), I just wanted to find out if most introverts need anger management or not, I don't know if it's true or not but i know introverts who at a point needed anger management (not all though) and the links to articles posted here about introverts and anger brought back the memories so I decided to come here and ask if there actually is a link between introversion and anger or if it's just based on the individual, introvert or not, I came to learn
smiley

Edited
(I had to edit the statement below, read it through again and I think it could be misunderstood, thanks again for the reply DonOms).
thanks for the reply, personal opinions are needed also, from you I know that anger management is based on the individual, thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by missuniverse(f): 9:26pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
I have been thinking this morning about how uncomfortable I do feel in parties. Don’t get me wrong here, I am always happy people are celebrating one thing or the other like the birth of a new baby, birthday celebration, marriage ceremony or all but attending a party is always like a big problem to me.

same here

the loud sound makes me so miserable...
the large number makes me feel unconfortable...

whenever I owe sme1 a duty to attend a particular party,I try so hard to go vry early, and leave b4 it gets crowded...

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
@ All

can been introverted lead to depression?

I created a blog to post what's on my mind daily because I don't think I have the nerve to share it with people and this is getting to me like a lot.

Instead of creating a two person conversation in my mind, I decided to blog about it.

Of course, I run it as an anonymous.

So I ask again, Can introversion lead to depression?

Not really, just that there's a higher possibility of being depressed when you're an introvert just as Donoms rightly pointed out, especially when things are not working out as planned......
I've learnt to lower my expectations for a particular event/thing/person b'cos in most cases it never reaches my set standard, this issue isn't only with others, not everything has worked out as i had planned and i've made up my mind not to blame it on nature, humans or other circumstances not seen b'cos i have the sole responsibility of what happens in my life.
All these things i learnt was born out of an instinct to avoid depression, lest i forget, it led to the birth of My Journal and i take that journal seriously smiley ....

The extros might have an easier way of kicking out depression but that doesn't mean it should be affiliated with introversion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 29, 2017
Giel:

Thanks,

I don't actually think so, i didn't intend for it to come off as if most introverts needed anger management(my bad), I just wanted to find out if most introverts need anger management or not, I don't know if it's true or not but i know introverts who at a point needed anger management (not all though) and the links to articles posted here about introverts and anger brought back the memories so I decided to come here and ask if there actually is a link between introversion and anger or if it's just based on the individual, introvert or not, I came to learn
smiley

thanks for the reply, personal opinions are needed also, from you I know that it's not needed, thanks

Hey Giel....

Well, the anger issue associated with intros isn't necessarily true.... Most people think intros have anger issues due to their (these people) inability to be sensitive to others feelings... Getting an intro angry is like filling a cup with water, there's a limit to which that cup can hold water, and if you keep pouring water into it, it'll spill... Same goes for the introvert, when you piss one off the first time, there's a high tendency that he'll ignore you even if he doesn't like it, it keeps going like this until the day of judgement when the slightest mistake will make him jump in rage and want to tear you apart grin ...... The offender will obviously be dumbfounded b'cos he/she will be wondering why this guy got super angry at this little offense, unfortunately, it's an accumulation of all the ones committed in the past.... And in the end, they start recommending anger management classes for the individual.....

These days i'll tell you if you piss me off (if it's online, i'll just ignore you forever) b'cos it eliminates accumulation of anger and i can always keep my cool....

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 29, 2017
@gloryisaac

Speaking about online, isn't there a disparity between how they are offline and online?

Talking about anger issues, i think that's individual thing.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:57am On May 30, 2017
Vorpal:
@gloryisaac

Speaking about online, isn't there a disparity between how they are offline and online?

Sorry, i don't understand your question...do you mean a difference between how people behave online and offline?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:09am On May 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Sorry, i don't understand your question...do you mean a difference between how people behave online and offline?

Yea concerning introverts?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 9:37am On May 30, 2017
Giel:

Thanks,

smiley

Edited
(I had to edit the statement below, read it through again and I think it could be misunderstood, thanks again for the reply DonOms).
thanks for the reply, personal opinions are needed also, from you I know that anger management is based on the individual, thanks

Okay, I think I understand you a little better. And of course, yes, we're all learning.

Firstly, I think the whole idea of associating introversion with anger may be a perception of extroverts and/or the way introverts react to misconceptions/disappointments.

I looked online and found, for example, the result of a study (Boddeker, I. & Stemmler, G., 2000) on who would respond when and how to anger which showed that introverts reported feeling more anger than extraverts. Now, the explanation is not too far from the Introvert's mood and sensitivity to irritation. Just as GloryIsaac mentioned, Introverts tend to be sensitive to change, irritation, displeasure (all especially in other people) but try to bottle emotions up - including anger - until the "cup" gets full and a burst of anger over trivial issues occur.

On the other hand, the extrovert perhaps hardly notice little irritations and more so, never bottle them up. So extroverts are more likely to get angry over big issues instantaneously unlike introverts whose anger is somewhat an accumulation of small issues.

Also, from my observations, introverts are more likely to get that feeling of disturbance from people who mean no harm but encroach on the introvert's space. And because society partly supports this invasion, the introvert shies away from complaining (or avoid complaining over and over) and then react in anger.

In my opinion, these supposedly unnecessary bouts of anger (as perceived mostly from an extroverts angle) make it appear the introvert is overly irritable and angry and hence needing anger management. And while that may be true, I think ultimately, the introverted person needs to become aware of the self and avoid bottling up negative emotions to avoid "unwarranted" anger and passive aggression. This comes with maturity though.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:23am On May 30, 2017
Vorpal:

Yea concerning introverts?

Yeah, there could be a difference b'cos 1. We aint talking in person so i'm not under any pressure to give the best possible answers immediately.... 2. I'm probably alone in my workplace (or whereever) so i've got enough space to do whatever i want....
There could be other reasons though....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:33am On May 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Yeah, there could be a difference b'cos 1. We aint talking in person so i'm not under any pressure to give the best possible answers immediately.... 2. I'm probably alone in my workplace (or whereever) so i've got enough space to do whatever i want....
There could be other reasons though....

That is what i was looking for, the circumstances of reality that are not present online.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NaijaIntrovert: 11:45am On May 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Not really, just that there's a higher possibility of being depressed when you're an introvert just as Donoms rightly pointed out, especially when things are not working out as planned......
I've learnt to lower my expectations for a particular event/thing/person b'cos in most cases it never reaches my set standard, this issue isn't only with others, not everything has worked out as i had planned and i've made up my mind not to blame it on nature, humans or other circumstances not seen b'cos i have the sole responsibility of what happens in my life.
All these things i learnt was born out of an instinct to avoid depression, lest i forget, it led to the birth of My Journal and i take that journal seriously smiley ....

The extros might have an easier way of kicking out depression but that doesn't mean it should be affiliated with introversion.
Thanks for sharing this. I also need to lower my expectations for things especially people.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Giel: 5:42pm On May 30, 2017
DonOms:

Okay, I think I understand you a little better. And of course, yes, we're all learning.

Firstly, I think the whole idea of associating introversion with anger may be a perception of extroverts and/or the way introverts react to misconceptions/disappointments.

I looked online and found, for example, the result of a study (Boddeker, I. & Stemmler, G., 2000) on who would respond when and how to anger which showed that introverts reported feeling more anger than extraverts. Now, the explanation is not too far from the Introvert's mood and sensitivity to irritation. Just as GloryIsaãc mentioned, Introverts tend to be sensitive to change, irritation, displeasure (all especially in other people) but try to bottle emotions up - including anger - until the "cup" gets full and a burst of anger over trivial issues occur.

On the other hand, the extrovert perhaps hardly notice little irritations and more so, never bottle them up. So extroverts are more likely to get angry over big issues instantaneously unlike introverts whose anger is somewhat an accumulation of small issues.

Also, from my observations, introverts are more likely to get that feeling of disturbance from people who mean no harm but encroach on the introvert's space. And because society partly supports this invasion, the introvert shies away from complaining (or avoid complaining over and over) and then react in anger.

In my opinion, these supposedly unnecessary bouts of anger (as perceived mostly from an extroverts angle) make it appear the introvert is overly irritable and angry and hence needing anger management. And while that may be true, I think ultimately, the introverted person needs to become aware of the self and avoid bottling up negative emotions to avoid "unwarranted" anger and passive aggression. This comes with maturity though.

Thanks a lot, I learnt a lot from this, it helped. it really did.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Giel: 5:44pm On May 30, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Hey Giêl....

Well, the anger issue associated with intros isn't necessarily true.... Most people think intros have anger issues due to their (these people) inability to be sensitive to others feelings... Getting an intro angry is like filling a cup with water, there's a limit to which that cup can hold water, and if you keep pouring water into it, it'll spill... Same goes for the introvert, when you piss one off the first time, there's a high tendency that he'll ignore you even if he doesn't like it, it keeps going like this until the day of judgement when the slightest mistake will make him jump in rage and want to tear you apart grin ...... The offender will obviously be dumbfounded b'cos he/she will be wondering why this guy got super angry at this little offense, unfortunately, it's an accumulation of all the ones committed in the past.... And in the end, they start recommending anger management classes for the individual.....

These days i'll tell you if you piss me off (if it's online, i'll just ignore you forever) b'cos it eliminates accumulation of anger and i can always keep my cool....
Thanks for this
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Giel: 5:45pm On May 30, 2017
Vorpal:
@gloryisaac

All right, thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:

hmmmm. as old as I am, I have never been to why wedding b4, party is a No No , gatherings make me UN comfortable too.you born pickin?, to call and greet congratulations na war for me talk more of going over to visit you ! hian, you go wait tire.Now , that's an ideal introvert for you, nothing of those nature freaks him, he like s to run away from such activities and gatherings as much as possible, so those traits ain't strange to US any more. But the basic fact is that it is better to improve upon this attitudes.But as clergy and ....... I am seriously improving on those areas, Jehovah has been helping moi.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
gidjah:
hmmmm. as old as I am, I have never been to why wedding b4, party is a No No , gatherings make me UN comfortable too.you born pickin?, to call and greet congratulations na war for me talk more of going over to visit you ! hian, you go wait tire.Now , that's an ideal introvert for you, nothing of those nature freaks him, he like s to run away from such activities and gatherings as much as possible, so those traits ain't strange to US any more. But the basic fact is that it is better to improve upon this attitudes.But as clergy and ....... I am seriously improving on those areas, Jehovah has been helping moi.

My dear I share some feelings too, I can't even count friends thats if I really have any to call a close friend. I started learning to greet, but sometimes that inner me doesn't still want to come out. hopefully it will all pass with desire to improve
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NaijaIntrovert: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
gidjah:
Good to know you are improving. How are you doing that?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
Good to know you are improving. How are you doing that?
u know that kind thing na...you are a clergy and your member is supposed to have a convenant naming for the child and you are the clergy in charge .....how can you dodge that kind responsibility ? or you dodge today and tomorrow with excuses can u always dodge same all the time ?? so the onus is on you to improve and go along .but e no easy o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
strenghtofawoman:

My dear I share some feelings too, I can't even count friends thats if I really have any to call a close friend. I started learning to greet, but sometimes that inner me doesn't still want to come out. hopefully it will all pass with desire to improve
yea yea, we get plenty things 4 our heads we introverts. always wanna be quiet!.I run away from crowds as much as possible, even at the place of work. but the truth is that it gets better once u get married and start having kids...God bless you say u come get very energetic kids.......ur matter don caste b dat o !

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
strenghtofawoman:

yea yea, we get plenty things 4 our heads we introverts. always wanna be quiet!.I run away from crowds as much as possible, even at the place of work. but the truth is that it gets better once u get married and start having kids...God bless you say u come get very energetic kids.......ur matter don caste b dat o !I truly do not have more than a friend , in fact he is my opposite , a lecturer but I run away from his perimeter once I sight him, I only like him for his intelligence, every other person around me na just neibor.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by crisisexpert321(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2017
U can turn introvert to extrovert. Private investigator here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
I belong here am an introvert I only change when I drink what does this mean?? I hardly make new friends or like to go out when I do I try to have a lot of fun

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DAVECENA(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
crisisexpert321:
U can turn introvert to extrovert. Private investigator here.

Tried but ain't working bro .....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
hmmm,,.. just like the ideal introverts we all know, you guys are making our platform here look like a grave yard!, where are all my pretty humble moderators, una never return from church ni?...any ways, a pleasant day ahead to all my fellow quietee!! God bless U all

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2017
Im a big one

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RICKYMARIO(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
wow, its good to be bk to d family. I must say that I've been able to work on myself over the
last few months. Even though I'm still an introvert, I've been able to work on
aspects such as discussion with d opp sex, maintaining eye contact, general relationship
with people etc (in fact I fear I'm turning into a talkative especially when with my coursemates).

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.