Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636942 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
2sExy1: I think this should go beyond pin pointing the characteristics of an introvert which is generally common to us all to harness and developing better balance.

Introverts are deep thinkers and smarter than what people see from the surface... This is one of their most powerful tool. They have strong mental ability that aid them through trying times and make them appear resilient. They are calculative and good strategist.

But is it possible to switch temparament between extrovert to introvert?

Yea, in the means of very close associate (Introvert==>Extrovert).

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Olarewajub: Yea, in the means of very close associate (Introvert==>Extrovert).
yeah... Especially in the aspect of finding it difficult to speak in front of people or new faces. I really don't like that aspect.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
How we all wish social gathering will be nevitable.
2sExy1: yeah... Especially in the aspect of finding it difficult to speak in front of people or new faces. I really don't like that aspect.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Olarewajub: If you believe in your imagination and work hard you gonna be a great public speaker.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
You're welcome. I also feel encouraged. Cheers!
prettiest1: Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2014
Friends how do you guys cope with immediate family members being an introvert..

For me its quite challenging at times.. As they dont seem to understand the 'introvertism'

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2014
prettiest1: Honestly I need to. I always admire people speaking on stage without feeling shy. In my mind will be saying, when will I do that?
For me being a tall dude makes it worse coupled with my nerdy nature as am always noticed anywhere because of my height...

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2014
J0nyb0y: Friends how do you guys cope with immediate family members being an introvert..

For me its quite challenging at times.. As they dont seem to understand the 'introvertism'
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2014
vick555: Its really intresting, been an introvert, most times I see it as good than harm! For me, am always indoor, have more time to think straight, focus my energy in whatever I had in mind of doing! Friends just one! Though starting a conversation for me, aint difficult when am with a stranger. But I love a quiet live, quiet and calm people....when in mist of people, just remain calm...but if I had a nudge to speak, I just bolding but speak softly...just myself. Never let any extrovert intimidate me in conversation.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Me I get plenty friends o but not much really.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2014
Plenty? You're trying o.
2sExy1: Me I get plenty friends o but not much really.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissJennifer(f): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2014
Hello everyone, am an introvert too. I don't think am shy tho......got over it completely after teaching during nysc,buh I still find it hard to make n keep friends sha, jus have few friends.......recently screwed up a friendship sef,lol.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
MissJennifer:

Hello everyone, am an introvert too. I don't think am shy tho......got over it completely after teaching during nysc,buh I still find it hard to make n keep friends sha, jus have few friends.......recently screwed up a friendship sef,lol.
did u screw d friendship cos u were introverted or cos of some oda ish? I dn't personally feel dat because someone is an introvert, he/ she wuld falter in friendship.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
To an extent one's introverted nature can make one falter in friendship especially if the other party doesn't really understand you. For instance,i once lost a friend cos i didnt visit often. Infact,i only visited her once during our period of friendship & the visit was because i had to help her submit an important form. she'd always complain but trust yours faithfully,i'd just say ok. I prefer to talk to her n phone for 30mins than go visit her. It was like a burden to me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissJennifer(f): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: did u screw d friendship cos u were introverted or cos of some oda ish? I dn't personally feel dat because someone is an introvert, he/ she wuld falter in friendship.

Yea....you are right, it was because of 'some oda ish' like u put it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Amazingg: To an extent one's introverted nature can make one falter in friendship especially if the other party doesn't really understand you. For instance,i once lost a friend cos i didnt visit often. Infact,i only visited her once during our period of friendship & the visit was because i had to help her submit an important form. she'd always complain but trust yours faithfully,i'd just say ok. I prefer to talk to her n phone for 30mins than go visit her. It was like a burden to me.
bro......mayb u shld define whom a friend is first of all, den we can reason it from dere. Somtimes we confuse neighbours and aqcuintances for friends. Ur friend shld understand u in d first place.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
MissJennifer:

Yea....you are right, it was because of 'some oda ish' like u put it.
amazinngggg, thank gudness miss jennifer herself has spoken.
Introvertness is nt a curse!!!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissJennifer(f): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Amazingg: To an extent one's introverted nature can make one falter in friendship especially if the other party doesn't really understand you. For instance,i once lost a friend cos i didnt visit often. Infact,i only visited her once during our period of friendship & the visit was because i had to help her submit an important form. she'd always complain but trust yours faithfully,i'd just say ok. I prefer to talk to her n phone for 30mins than go visit her. It was like a burden to me.

Yea....very true,most of friendships died a natural death because I failed to hangout or visit
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissJennifer(f): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: amazinngggg, thank gudness miss jennifer herself has spoken.

Lol, Shegxi, who said it was? It's jus how you are.....u jus gotta learn how to make it work in your favour. Extroverts don't think they have a problem......being introverted is not too!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
MissJennifer:

Lol, Shegxi, who said it was? It's jus how you are.....u jus gotta learn how to make it work in your favour. Extroverts don't think they have a problem......being introverted is not too!
wasn't dat d poin i was trying to make? we are on d same page!!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissJennifer(f): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: wasn't dat d poin i was trying to make? we are on d same page!!!

Ok then
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wolef7(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
#Subscribed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'm not saying being an introvert is a curse! Read my post again. This girl was an extrovert and i clearly understand her. Truth be said,some friendships will die a natural death if there's no visit. It just depends. She knew my kind of person and tried to go alond but failed. I have another friend who i haven't visited for 3 yrs now yet we are good. I am proud of being an introvert. That is who i am.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
hahahahahaa
curse ke?
I was once an introvert.....it has alot of advantage o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
never said being an introvert was a curse.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoroDiva: hahahahahaa
curse ke?
I was once an introvert.....it has alot of advantage o
lol, so wat are u now?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: lol, so wat are u now?
I am inextrovert grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoroDiva: I am inextrovert grin grin
lol......u are confusedgringrin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
J0nyb0y:
For me being a tall dude makes it worse coupled with my nerdy nature as am always noticed anywhere because of my height...
Just be who you are and be happy with it. Being an introvert is never a crime.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
2sExy1: Me I get plenty friends o but not much really.
Plenty friends? Hmmmm I tried to have just one but she stabbed me on the back and that increases my introvertism.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hi, I'm an introvert, I don't like being around people, I don't want to make friends, I don't want to talk to people- online, on the phone, anywhere- I'm very shy, and I think I'm anthropophobic, I saw this thread last month or so and I couldn't muster courage to post anything though I wanted to, badly.
Today, I thought, screw it and here I am. Introversion has made me very observant though, I wouldn't change who I am for anything.
It's hard for extroverts to understand me because I don't answer their calls, I promise to meet them which I don't, I know it's annoying, I wish there was something I could do, I find it difficult to make conversions here.
I envy extroverts, they say what they want to, they face large audience.
I'm a chorister and one sunday I was asked to lead praises, I was nervous my body shook throughout, my voice was low and I sang off key, I hate taking solos, I just want to be alone but I don't want to disappoint my family, I know I'm probably rambling and my write up may be incoherent, I'm sorry, I'll stop here now. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
MarilynNash: Hi, I'm an introvert, I don't like being around people, I don't want to make friends, I don't want to talk to people- online, on the phone, anywhere- I'm very shy, and I think I'm anthropophobic, I saw this thread last month or so and I couldn't muster courage to post anything though I wanted to, badly.
Today, I thought, screw it and here I am. Introversion has made me very observant though, I wouldn't change who I am for anything.
It's hard for extroverts to understand me because I don't answer their calls, I promise to meet them which I don't, I know it's annoying, I wish there was something I could do, I find it difficult to make conversions here.
I envy extroverts, they say what they want to, they face large audience.
I'm a chorister and one sunday I was asked to lead praises, I was nervous my body shook throughout, my voice was low and I sang off key, I hate taking solos, I just want to be alone but I don't want to disappoint my family, I know I'm probably rambling and my write up may be incoherent, I'm sorry, I'll stop here now. Thanks.
first of all, ur welcum. Are u serious wit wat u just wrote? Wow, dis is very deep. Being an introvert is not bad but when its to d extreme.......mayb u just need to summon more courage as u have done wit dis post and write more, and wit tym...u will get by.
On a lighter note........so many choristers can sabi to sing off key wen dey are shygringringringrin. U can literally see shyness radiating all over them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.