Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636360 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Olarewajub: You are welcome.
thanks ma man.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Wonder if anyone here also have synesthesia. I have number form and spatial sequence synesthesia. Discovered it last year. I had always thought that numbers appear in a particular pattern to everyone, until last year. For example, when I need to add two numbers , I do the addition visually by grabbing the numbers from the unchanging numerical arrangement. I understand this is a unique attribute of introverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2014
anthoniaz: I keep to myself and people feel I'm proud.Sometimes I'm too careful in a bid not to step on people's toes but at the end they think I'm feeling big.

This explains me,though over the years,i've been able to come out of my shell slowly. Till date i only have 2 friends. One during my undergraduate and one at masters level. The only place i feel comfortable is at home and in church. Had to join the sunday school teachers after 5 years of pressure from my pastor. I had serious inferiority complex for years coupled with my small stature but i have been able to overcome that. I don't go to parties and if i am forced to attend social functions,i go just dey observe. Lol!
I hate being @ spot-light,i prefer the behind the scene tasks. I pour out my thoughts through writing. I write alot(poems and songs),i find solace in writing. Most people don't know i stay at home because they hardly see me. Some will say"ha!are u still in Lagos,we thought you've relocated while some will say it to my face...na pride wan kill am".
I'm proud to be an Introvert,it's who i am.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hey guys!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by beyonDskygirl(f): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Amazingg]

This explains me,though over the years,i've been able to come out of my shell slowly. Till date i only have 2 friends. One during my undergraduate and one at masters level. The only place i feel comfortable is at home and in church. Had to join the sunday school teachers after 5 years of pressure from my pastor. I had serious inferiority complex for years coupled with my small stature but i have been able to overcome that. I don't go to parties and if i am forced to attend social functions,i go just dey observe. Lol!
I hate being @ spot-light,i prefer the behind the scene tasks. I pour out my thoughts through writing. I write alot(poems and songs),i find solace in writing. Most people don't know i stay at home because they hardly see me. Some will say"ha!are u still in Lagos,we thought you've relocated while some will say it to my face...na pride wan kill am".
I'm proud to be an Introvert,it's who i am.
Now that's me.
Can't understand y people think we are proud when we keep to ourselves.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annais(f): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2014
ottizz: Wonder if anyone here also have synesthesia. I have number form and spatial sequence synesthesia. Discovered it last year. I had always thought that numbers appear in a particular pattern to everyone, until last year. For example, when I add two numbers together, I do the addition visually by grabbing the numbers from the unchanging numerical arrangement. I understand this is a unique attribute of introverts.

Good morning NLIL.

Synesthesia...So that's what it is called. I too thought everyone does that. It makes calculation easier for me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Beetle: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2014
I love being an introvert and yeah with family and my 2 friends,i am a clown but to other "associates", i'm proud. One question though?why do i find it so easy to pass calculation courses than non-calculation courses?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Annais:

Good morning NLIL.

Synesthesia...So that's what it is called. I too thought everyone does that. It makes calculation easier for me.

Very true on making calculations easy. Could be why I am good with numbers, or maybe not. Do you have pattern with other things, or just numbers? The months appear in a spatial form to me. When I discuss a particular month with someone I am always staring at the month in question. I react the same way with days of the week.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annais(f): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
ottizz:

Very true on making calculations easy. Could be why I am good with numbers, or maybe not. Do you have pattern with other things, or just numbers? The months appear in a spatial form to me. When I discuss a particular month with someone I am always staring at the month in question. I react the same way with days of the week.

I have patterns with taste: they sometimes appear as colors to me. When talking about a particular month, say december, I visualize a string attaching it to the present month. The space or length of the string may vary depending on the real time distance between the two months.

Sometimes it's funny but it gives me a clearer picture of the what's being discussed.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nmeri17: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ajibel: I havent taken a pic of myself this year tho'. I dont see a reason why I should have a pic of myself on my phone.

smh. I can just imagine how backward yo dressing style is -_____-

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
introverts are usually good with numbers because of d analytical mind they possess and are usually intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nmeri17:

smh. I can just imagine how backward yo dressing style is -_____-

My dressing is simple - A longsleeved polo, Jeans, Canvas and a backpack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
Same over here. Just simple. No time to be killing yourself on how you are going to please others by your dressing when there are other important things to do.
Ajibel:

My dressing is simple - A longsleeved polo, Jeans, Canvas and a backpack

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Olarewajub: Same over here. Just simple. No time to be killing yourself on how you are going to please others by your dressing when there are other important things to do.

Yup. Buh tha things is, if Im not cautioned, I could wear such to ANY occassion...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 08, 2014
Annais:

I have patterns with taste: they sometimes appear as colors to me. When talking about a particular month, say december, I visualize a string attaching it to the present month. The space or length of the string may vary depending on the real time distance between the two months.

Sometimes it's funny but it gives me a clearer picture of the what's being discussed.

Wow, this is the first time I have heard of associating taste with color. I have heard about people associating alphabets or numbers with color, but not taste. Looks like you may also have color synesthesia. Do you take advantage of it in any way?

Did you know that Beethoven, the composer, could see (visualize) sounds ? Not sure if in color. Anecdotes has it that it was what helped him finish composing his ninth symphony, for he was almost completely deaf during this period.

Annais, what handedness are you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annais(f): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2014
ottizz:

Wow, this is the first time I have heard of associating taste with color. I have heard about people associating alphabets or numbers with color, but not taste. Looks like you may also have color synesthesia. Do you take advantage of it in any way?

Did you know that Beethoven, the composer, could see (visualize) sounds ? Not sure if in color. Anecdotes has it that it was what helped him finish composing his ninth symphony, for he was almost completely deaf during this period.

Advantage...Not really. It just happens. I think I do have color synesthesia.

Handedness? If you mean what hand I use, I'm right-handed. Why do you ask?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2014
Annais:

Advantage...Not really. It just happens. I think I do have color synesthesia.

Handedness? If you mean what hand I use, I'm right-handed. Why do you ask?

Stats show that synesthetes are more likely to be left handed or ambidextrous (about 37%) than the general population (about 10%). I am ambidextrous.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annais(f): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
ottizz:

Stats show that synesthetes are more likely to be left handed or ambidextrous (about 37%) than the general population (about 10%). I am ambidextrous.

Wow! That's good.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can you write perfectly with both hands?
ottizz:

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Olarewajub: Can you write perfectly with both hands?

I write better with my right hand, though my left hand writing is okay. I just give preference to my right. I play soccer, ping pong, and tennis with both limbs, though I give preference to my left. I put a thread through a needle with both hands, though I give preference to my left. One thing I have never been comfortable with is using scissors with my right hand. It is therefore possible I am not a complete ambidextrous, but mixed handedness. I have always thought myself a lefty, but people around me say otherwise.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:05am On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmm. Looks like i exhibit some of these trait.
ottizz:

I write better with my right hand, though my left hand writing is okay. I just give preference to my right. I play soccer, ping pong, and tennis with both limbs, though I give preference to my left. I put a thread through a needle with both hands, though I give preference to my left. One thing I have never been comfortable with is using scissors with my right hand. It is therefore possible I am not a complete ambidextrous, but mixed handedness. I have always thought myself a lefty, but people around me say otherwise.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Haywhymido(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Intro 4 life.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Oxone(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Interesting thread......Now lets see
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
I don't know where I belong... everyone says that I blow hot and cold. embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Introvert?
LaRoyalHighness: I don't know where I belong... everyone says that I blow hot and cold. embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
We are all waiting for you to share your experience.
Oxone: Interesting thread......Now lets see
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PallasAthena(f): 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
It's okay cheesy the best type of people ;] (not biased)

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by uzoexcel(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
lol...nice...i never thought to research on this issue but may look up the 'synthesia' issue when free

during childhood though and just before college years i used to associate numbers and letters with color;for a while i thought it was the same with everyone... i vividly remember my favourite number (9) as been red .... dunno why
i m predominantly left handed and also right handed though in public i gotta use the right hand especially in nigeria to avoid rude stares and all sorts of question..even with family its the right hand sad

ottizz:

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
ottizz: Wonder if anyone here also have synesthesia. I have number form and spatial sequence synesthesia. Discovered it last year. I had always thought that numbers appear in a particular pattern to everyone, until last year. For example, when I need to add two numbers , I do the addition visually by grabbing the numbers from the unchanging numerical arrangement. I understand this is a unique attribute of introverts.
I do too. Numbers are sorta arranged in my head 0-10are in a particular order, 11-100,101-1000,1000-10000 and so on. Same goes for years. 1900-1990,1991-2000,2001-2010,2011-2014.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
ottizz:

Exactly!!!! I see numbers, months, years. On the contrary, I thought I was the only one experiencing it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 14, 2014
Djtm:
I do too. Numbers are sorta arranged in my head 0-10are in a particular order, 11-100,101-1000,1000-10000 and so on. Same goes for years. 1900-1990,1991-2000,2001-2010,2011-2014.

Mine are arranged thus, 0-10, 11-20, 20-30, 30-40, 41-50, 51-100, 101-200, 201-500, 501-700, 701-1000, 1001-2000, etc. The shape of the pattern has never changed all through my life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.