Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636872 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
MarilynNash: Hi, I'm an introvert, I don't like being around people, I don't want to make friends, I don't want to talk to people- online, on the phone, anywhere- I'm very shy, and I think I'm anthropophobic, I saw this thread last month or so and I couldn't muster courage to post anything though I wanted to, badly.
Today, I thought, screw it and here I am. Introversion has made me very observant though, I wouldn't change who I am for anything.
It's hard for extroverts to understand me because I don't answer their calls, I promise to meet them which I don't, I know it's annoying, I wish there was something I could do, I find it difficult to make conversions here.
I envy extroverts, they say what they want to, they face large audience.
I'm a chorister and one sunday I was asked to lead praises, I was nervous my body shook throughout, my voice was low and I sang off key, I hate taking solos, I just want to be alone but I don't want to disappoint my family, I know I'm probably rambling and my write up may be incoherent, I'm sorry, I'll stop here now. Thanks.
Hello pretty....do u remember me(asked u b4)?? Rashidat's ex...dnt wana open up hw we met on ere...ur cousin's rashi's friend...and hey I read dis post,u mxt change oo...wuld tell u a story smhw connected to urs...dat shuld help ....I only chased u in ere wen I came across dis comment on my TLsmiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Skybright227: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
keepin to myself(problems and even my needs) and most times pleasing people and displeasing myself

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is very serious. You are not only introverted, but also chronically shy.
MarilynNash: Hi, I'm an introvert, I don't like being around people, I don't want to make friends, I don't want to talk to people- online, on the phone, anywhere- I'm very shy, and I think I'm anthropophobic, I saw this thread last month or so and I couldn't muster courage to post anything though I wanted to, badly.
Today, I thought, screw it and here I am. Introversion has made me very observant though, I wouldn't change who I am for anything.
It's hard for extroverts to understand me because I don't answer their calls, I promise to meet them which I don't, I know it's annoying, I wish there was something I could do, I find it difficult to make conversions here.
I'm a chorister and one sunday I was asked to lead praises, I was nervous my body shook throughout, my voice was low and I sang off key, I hate taking solos, I just want to be alone but I don't want to disappoint my family, I know I'm probably rambling and my write up may be incoherent, I'm sorry, I'll stop here now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Skybright227: keepin to myself(problems and even my needs) and most times pleasing people and displeasing myself
This is one ish I really wish I could stop doing....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
You mean you are easily compromised?
kemiola89:
This is one ish I really wish I could stop doing....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Dz is an exact description of myself.Wen u tell sm dudes dat you dnt chat privately cus you are nt gud wt words,dey term ur attitude as irritating.Nd b4 u knw it,dey start bashing u on evry thread n grup

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:41am On Sep 13, 2014
Do introvert prefer sitting in front row.?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tpia1: 4:08am On Sep 13, 2014
what's your reason for the question?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 6:42am On Sep 13, 2014
Olarewajub: You mean you are easily compromised?

Yeah, I do compromise in so many situation. maybe because I hate long talks, I'd rather let you have your ways so that you can let me be undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2014
Olarewajub: Do introvert prefer sitting in front row.?
front row ke? I doubt that!

Most introvert 'd rather pick a back seat or somewhere away from the prying eyes of the world
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2014
Olarewajub: Do introvert prefer sitting in front row.?
i dn't tink introvertness has anything to do wif dis.......when i sit at d back, its because d back is bubbling(u knw wat i mean, side talks and d rest), but in serious settings, na front sure pass o.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2014
Everyone here can relate to this. Introvert's are quick to acknowledge being wrong even when they are falsely accussed but when they vex sha..
kemiola89:
Yeah, I do compromise in so many situation. maybe because I hate long talks, I'd rather let you have your ways so that you can let me be undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2014
Yea, serious gathering.
shegxi: i dn't tink introvertness has anything to do wif dis.......when i sit at d back, its because d back is bubbling(u knw wat i mean, side talks and d rest), but in serious settings, na front sure pass o.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:05am On Sep 13, 2014
No reason actually, but i think introvert prefer sitting in the front row and in a particular spot.
tpia1: what's your reason for the question?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Olarewajub: Everyone here can relate to this. Introvert's are quick to acknowledge being wrong even when they are fasely accussed but when they vex sha..
nope... Not all. For me, I could let you have your way... To an extent. And when your cup full, you no go believe your eyes.

What I really want to change about me... Is that difficulty to strike conversation with new faces.

Guys, this is really bad for introverts... What if you are in an interview? What if you need to make presentation? We need to help ourselves in that angle.

It would make it more fun...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2014
prettiest1: Plenty friends? Hmmmm I tried to have just one but she stabbed me on the back and that increases my introvertism.
well, I am very picky smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by obiscolly(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2014
This used to be me. I'm glad I had such crazy friends and roomies in uni that could upset you to the extent that you have to break your much cherished silence...lol, I mean, they were quite fun and i learnt to strike a balance between when to keep silent and when to speak. In terms of speaking to an audience, I tried as much possible to avoid it; but when I discovered I couldn't totally run away from it, I had to challenge myself to take a leadership position in church where I had to address people. You should try that, you'll definitely get better with time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2014
2sExy1: nope... Not all. For me, I could let you have your way... To an extent. And when your cup full, you no go believe your eyes.
guyman....dis is typical of introverts. When dem decide to show u ehn, dem no de show mercy ogringringrin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2014
shegxi: guyman....dis is typical of introverts. When dem decide to show u ehn, dem no de show mercy ogringringrin
no time na. Some stupid people go just dey do like say when u no dey talk too much, you be mumu. Dem go assume say u no know whats up.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2014
Olarewajub: Everyone here can relate to this. Introvert's are quick to acknowledge being wrong even when they are fasely accussed but when they vex sha..

That's another way to displeasing one's self in a bid to avoid argument.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2014
2sExy1: nope... Not all. For me, I could let you have your way... To an extent. And when your cup full, you no go believe your eyes.

What I really want to change about me... Is that difficulty to strike conversation with new faces.

Guys, this is really bad for introverts... What if you are in an interview? What if you need to make presentation? We need to help ourselves in that angle.

It would make it more fun...
what i've earlier suggested is that we can improve ourself by joining one group in our church.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2014
obiscolly:
This used to be me. I'm glad I had such crazy friends and roomies in uni that could upset you to the extent that you have to break your much cherished silence...lol, I mean, they were quite fun and i learnt to strike a balance between when to keep silent and when to speak. In terms of speaking to an audience, I tried as much possible to avoid it; but when I discovered I couldn't totally run away from it, I had to challenge myself to take a leadership position in church where I had to address people. You should try that, you'll definitely get better with time.
Thank you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2014
chizzy94:
Can I be of help? Your level of Introversion has grown past what most of us, Introverts, understand it to be smiley. You need to change, your level of introversion is terrifying sad.

Read my signature, you'd understand.
Yes, I need all the help I can get.
Thank you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
shegxi: first of all, ur welcum. Are u serious wit wat u just wrote? Wow, dis is very deep. Being an introvert is not bad but when its to d extreme.......mayb u just need to summon more courage as u have done wit dis post and write more, and wit tym...u will get by.
On a lighter note........so many choristers can sabi to sing off key wen dey are shygringringringrin. U can literally see shyness radiating all over them.
Lol.
I wish I was kidding bro, thank you for the little joke.
Thank God for church activities, I volunteered to be the youth secretary, I'm glad I did as it helped me build a little confidence around people.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
MarilynNash: Lol.
I wish I was kidding bro, thank you for the little joke.
Thank God for church activities, I volunteered to be the youth secretary, I'm glad I did as it helped me build a little confidence around people.
thank goodness u are getting better.....just keep at it and u will be fyn......d main tin is for u to feel confident in ur own skin. How's ur weekend?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
SuperMartins: Hello pretty....do u remember me(asked u b4)?? Rashidat's ex...dnt wana open up hw we met on ere...ur cousin's rashi's friend...and hey I read dis post,u mxt change oo...wuld tell u a story smhw connected to urs...dat shuld help ....I only chased u in ere wen I came across dis comment on my TLsmiley
Rashidat? I know my cousin has a friend named Rasheed. Mail me though.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
chizzy94:
Alright.
How do we go about it? Do we need to connect outside Nairaland??
That would be best. I'll send you a mail. Thanks again.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MarilynNash(f): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
shegxi: thank goodness u are getting better.....just keep at it and u will be fyn......d main tin is for u to feel confident in ur own skin. How's ur weekend?
Not bad, chores and all. Yours?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
chizzy94..are u an introvert

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.