Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637849 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

Hahahaha.. Bomb dey una heads.

Pryme baba I salute. Welcome bros
Na you put am for my head last night nah..
I will soon deactivate

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
princ007:
Na you put am for my head last night nah..
I will soon deactivate

Deacti?
Lemme know why

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

Deacti? Lemme know why
I deactivated pynky nah.. And this is my old acc.. And would deactivate before next week.. Sshhh.. I can't tell you here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
princ007:
Yeah! You're welcome.. I am the queen here, while locust is the king.... Welcome to the family.

Thanks your Highness, hope to be more alive here cool

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

Hahahaha.. Bomb dey una heads.

Pryme baba I salute. Welcome bros

Thanks Boss, how was your day.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
iamnlia:

And I'm the messiah

I will contact you when I need saving grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
pryme:

Thanks Boss, how was your day.

Cool, brother. Snapping it off with champions league, although my people neva gree score. How ur side baba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
princ007:
I deactivated pynky nah.. And this is my old acc..
And would deactivate before next week.. Sshhh.. I can't tell you here

I'll find you..

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

I'll find you..
Where? And how?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
princ007:
Where? And how?
I will..

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
pryme:

Thanks your Highness, hope to be more alive here cool
wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

I will..
Okay then

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

Cool, brother. Snapping it off with champions league, although my people neva gree score. How ur side baba?

Which team

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
pryme:

Which team
united o

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
locust:

united o

Oh, make we dey watch.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2017
pryme:

Oh, make we dey watch.
I give up

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 8:05am On Nov 23, 2017
princ007:
I give up

You cant give up on yourself, you are all you've got.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2017
pryme:

You cant give up on yourself, you are all you've got.
angry I know right

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2017
princ007:
angry I know right

Good, Better to be angry than feel self pity grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2017
pryme:

Good, Better to be angry than feel self pity grin
I will lipsrsealed you ooo

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2017
princ007:
I will lipsrsealed you ooo

With which hand? grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 23, 2017
pryme:

With which hand? grin
My long hand.. The pain will be lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
princ007:
My long hand.. The pain will be lipsrsealed

That your long hand must be able to split firewood in two before e go fit stand a chance on me tongue

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
pryme:

That your long hand must be able to split firewood in two before e go fit stand a chance on me tongue
It can, with the help of your head tongue

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aumeehn: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Finally decided to join my brethrens, fellow introverts i greet you all

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:39am On Nov 24, 2017
Research on Introverts and sleep

Research from Carnegie Mellon University found that neither introverted nor extroverted personality traits affected how long people sleep. However, personality appears to affect certain aspects of the timing and subjective quality of sleep. A different study in The British Journal of Psychiatry found that extraverts sleep longer than introverts, and that extraverts sleep less after the administration of sedatives (as compared to introverts).

Extroverts adapt more quickly to time zone changes, which means they won’t need to worry as much about jet lag remedies. Introverts, on the other hand, have a physiology that resists time changes.

“The principal problem is resetting the body’s clock,” writes Pierce Howard, PhD, in The Owner’s Manual for the Brain. “Introverted people need more help doing this.” He adds that the major factors in resetting the body clock are the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin. Introverts might learn how to sleep better if they knew how to control melatonin in particular.

https://www.theadventurouswriter.com/blog/introverts-sleep-tips-for-falling-asleep/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:42am On Nov 24, 2017
Thinking too much may keep introverts up at night

Our introvert brains are so active, aren’t they, processing things, mulling over them, daydreaming…sometimes our thoughts seem to take on a life of their own and keep us awake! Some introverts find it hard to drop off to sleep in the first place because of all the thoughts racing through our brains, or others sleep for a while then wake up in the wee hours and find ourselves actively thinking of one thing after another, until we realize we are fully awake and have been for some time. The latter is usually what happens to me. I’m usually sleepy enough to drop off to sleep, if I’m at home, but then I may wake at 2 or 3 am with a busy brain that is really working on whatever situations I currently have – even some my conscious mind may have tried to ignore. I got a question from someone this week about this tendency that a lot of us have. The reader wondered how I handle it when I can’t sleep due to thinking too much during the night.

What I’ve done, and I’ve done it for about 20 years now, is to daydream about something pleasant but totally not to do with real life. In other words, if I wake up at 2 am, first if my mind has uncovered something that needs to be addressed later, I will tell myself I will look into that tomorrow. It is “duly noted” by my conscious mind now, but I can’t fix it in the middle of the night so I am going back to sleep. I’ll get into a really comfortable position and deliberately start a daydream about a situation that can not happen. If I were to start daydreaming about a pleasant time with a family member or real friend, next thing you know my mind would start thinking again – “Oh I need to make him a dentist appointment,” or “Why did she say that to me last week?” So instead, I’ll pick an actor or an author or some other person that I could imagine I would enjoy a cup of coffee with, and in my daydream we will have a cup of coffee. I ask them a question, I listen to their answer. This is usually a quick success for me – I never make it past the first little bit of this before I’m asleep again. Other times I might be reading a really good book that week that I hate to put down, so I will think about it a little bit if I wake up in the night. My main point here is to dive deeply into fiction, whether you create it or you think about a book or movie you like. Do not think about world events, your checkbook, or even the sweetest real moment in your life, because your introvert brain will jump right on that and before you know it your body will start really waking up. �

One thing I must admit is that lately when someone has requested something of me that makes me feel as if they’re taking advantage of me, I wake up and apparently my adrenaline really gets going, because no amount of daydreaming will get me back to sleep. Otherwise, try to derail those active thoughts by doing something we do so well: daydreaming! That’s my favorite way to get back to sleep.

http://introvertzone.com/thinking-too-much-may-keep-introverts-up-at-night

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:48am On Nov 24, 2017
Quiet house, loud thoughts

Since nighttime is usually the quietest time of day in any home, it is also when we introverts hear our own thoughts most clearly. When the lights go out, our brain turns on.
We think about our problems, our projects, our passions, and our people. While others stay up to canoodle with their partners, we whisper sweet nothings in our own ear. We must copulate with every idea, dream, and worry until our brain puts on its flannel pyjamas and says it has a headache.

Secret conversations

Late at night is also when we have the best and most honest conversations with ourselves. Some might call this weird, or even crazy. In truth, our inner conversations are what keep an introvert sane. Unfortunately, they also keep us sleep deprived much of the time.
On top of our own thoughts, we have another more sneaky adversary on our quest for eight hours of good night’s sleep.

The sneakiest sleep thief

This particular obstacle has gotten in the way of me and my bed too many times to count. What makes it so tricky to avoid is the fact that it seems completely innocent. It’s something that everyone does. Even extroverts, I’m told, fall prey to the enticements of this cunning sleep thief.
Take the other night, for example. I was all ready for bed: teeth brushed, face washed, onesie on. I even turned the corner of my duvet down so that my bed looked more inviting. “Come on in,” it seemed to say, “let’s make sweet sweet dreams, baby”.
So, I did climb in with every intention of closing my eyes, and falling into a deep and blissful sleep. But …
Instead of shutting my eyes, I opened a book, and I would not – COULD NOT – close it until I reached the last page. And just like that, all my grand plans for a restful sleep were thwarted.
Indeed, many a noble introvert have given into the allure of a good book late at night. There is another even more destructive (and seductive) sleep thief that keeps introverts up at night.

https://introvertspring.com/introverts-strange-sleeping-disorder/

15 Science-Backed Ways To Fall Asleep Faster

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/15-ways-to-fall-asleep-faster_us_55dde3e7e4b04ae497054470

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
aumeehn:
Finally decided to join my brethrens, fellow introverts i greet you all

Bienvenue!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
hello everyone!!!!
just stumbled on this for thread...
pls I having these questions
why is it eazy for us to notice other introverts in our environment and why is it like unlike our self we reach out almost spontaneously to speak with them??

I have 2 introverted friends like me but who i would say are less introverted and unlike me they are not also shy(I am both introverted and shy) and with their help I was able to reach out to a small group of extrovert.
my question: at this point why is it that when I tell myself to consider making new friends I push it down as vanity although I know I can be friends with any body??

and why is my shyness raised to epileptic levels when a girl is involves

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:07am On Nov 25, 2017
I like people to come to my home, but i don't like them to stay too long.

Who agrees with me on this?

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
I don't think of casual acquaintances as friends?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.