Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638109 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JudgementHammer: 12:44am On Dec 14, 2015
Didn't even know something that concerns me like this exists on NL. Happy I found it sha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by naijacentric(m): 5:05am On Dec 14, 2015
ambiverts here anyone
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
feran15:

i guess so...
think i qualify by some standards
That's good to know. Do you have difficulties when exchanging pleasantries with friends, elders and strangers, do you think greeting some one is the way of expressing the self respect you have for them or do you feel using greeting as a basis for self respect is over rated?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
naijacentric:
ambiverts here anyone
Why do you think you're an ambivert. Can you naturally express extroversion among strangers and not feel exhausted?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
JudgementHammer:
Didn't even know something that concerns me like this exists on NL. Happy I found it sha
Welcome home. Please i will like to ask you this question. While growing up, did your parent or siblings ever scolded you for your introversion, and are you a shy introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
Bidexluv:
Hello

Gud evening all

How do you deal with insecurity and trust as an introvert?

Wish you all a Merry 12 days to xmas
As an introvert, you will have a lot of issues trusting people except for some family members. Well for some of us introverts, we deal with trust issue by not trusting anyone. The reason for this, is that there are only a few people out there that can be trusted. if at all you're are to trust any one, study that individually critically and see if he/she meets with your standard. It is very disastrous to trust the wrong fellow. Many people pretend to care when actually they don't give a damn. Be careful whom you trust.

If i may ask, do you have a best friend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by feran15(m): 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
Olarewajub:
That's good to know. Do you have difficulties when exchanging pleasantries with friends, elders and strangers, do you think greeting some one is the way of expressing the self respect you have for them or do you feel using greeting as a basis for self respect is over rated?

i guess i find greeting friends difficult sometimes... i usually dont know how to do that, but for elders, as long as its not more than good morning and how is this person or that person, I'm okay with it.
greeting as a basis for self respect is not over rated. at least in the case of older people

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2015
feran15:

i guess i find greeting friends difficult sometimes... i usually dont know how to do that, but for elders, as long as its not more than good morning and how is this person or that person, I'm okay with it.
greeting as a basis for self respect is not over rated. at least in the case of older people

I totally get your point and thanks for the response.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:46am On Dec 15, 2015
Olarewajub:
As an introvert, you will have a lot of issues trusting people except for some family members. Well for some of us introverts, we deal with trust issue by not trusting anyone. The reason for this, is that there are only a few people out there that can be trusted. if at all you're are to trust any one, study that individually critically and see if he/she meets with your standard. It is very disastrous to trust the wrong fellow. Many people pretend to care when actually they don't give a damn. Be careful whom you trust.

Have very close friends who people around calls my best friends but deep down they may just be close friends.
My trust issues is worst believe me when i say worst.

Trust no one at all except the Supreme Being Up in Heaven .

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 11:04am On Dec 15, 2015
Bidexluv:

Have very close friends who people around calls my best friends but deep down they may just be close friends.

in d words of tuface "i know u cannot trust nobody but u have to trust someone". Life in itself is a risk, i have learnt to stat trusting people till they mess up. Guess wat? Some havn't messed up yet. Sometimes, its onli faith dat is required.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 11:40am On Dec 15, 2015
Bidexluv:

Yea that's right. The definition whom is a friend is quite different from the perspective of an introvert. Many people here will have difficulties if tossed this question; Who is your friend?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2015
shegxi:
in d words of tuface "i know u cannot trust nobody but u have to trust someone". Life in itself is a risk, i have learnt to stat trusting people till they mess up. Guess wat? Some havn't messed up yet. Sometimes, its onli faith dat is required.
Do you have this uneasiness that some day they might stop being trust worthy?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Olarewajub:
Do you have this uneasiness that some day they might stop being trust worthy?
i dn't. I have come to terms with d fact dat anybody can mess up at any time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
shegxi:
i dn't. I have come to terms with d fact dat anybody can mess up at any time.
Oh i see, no disappointment expected. How do you do this, can i say you are being care free?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Olarewajub:
Oh i see, no disappointment expected. How do you do this, can i say you are being care free?
care free is nt d right word, of course am very careful. Anybody dat want to disappoint will disappoint whether u worry or nt. Dere are rili no hard and fast rule to it. Just be careful, know ur standards den simply hope for d best.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
shegxi:
care free is nt d right word, of course am very careful. Anybody dat want to disappoint will disappoint whether u worry or nt. Dere are rili no hard and fast rule to it. Just be careful, know ur standards den simply hope for d best.
WOW i see. Humans will always be humans.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2015
Olarewajub:
Yea that's right. The definition whom is a friend is quite different from the perspective of an introvert. Many people here will have difficulties if tossed this question; Who is your friend?
Dont have a definition for a friend
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:43am On Dec 17, 2015
shegxi:
Yea, the faith.....

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Bidexluv:

Dont have a definition for a friend

Anybody goes?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Have anyone of you ever wished to be an extrovert ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by June24th: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Olarewajub:

99% true for me... I hardly trust outsiders.. I'll have to really scrutinise u.. Maybe dats y I don't av any close friends.. Though I feel lonely at times
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
June24th:

99% true for me... I hardly trust outsiders.. I'll have to really scrutinise u.. Maybe dats y I don't av any close friends.. Though I feel lonely at times
At one point in time or the other, introverts feel lonely and at this point in time if you don't understand your introversion you become remorseful for your personality.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Have anyone of you ever wished to be an extrovert ?
Do you mean at certain instances or transforming totally to an extrovert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Olarewajub:
Do you mean at certain instances or transforming totally to an extrovert?
at certain instances
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Will just be willing to join in this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:43am On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:
at certain instances
That will be a no, used to but not anymore not after I've come come to realize who am really are. Thank God for the book Quiet by Susan Cain.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:03am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 5:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Olarewajub:
That will be a no, used to but not anymore not after I've come come to realize who am really are. Thank God for the book Quiet by Susan Cain.
good for you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dasdexter(m): 5:59am On Dec 18, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Lolz, u made me remember myself back then in boarding house. I think that's the phlegmatic part, not wanting to say NO to pple. I also have the same problem, I don't mind giving my things out, even if I needed it.
I was mother Christmas, I wld give out my provision to pple even when I knew they probably had theirs and were keeping it. Or borrow pple money even when their pocket money is more than mine, wc they might not pay back. When no one wants to take up a task, I find myself volunteering for it, etc. The funny thing is even though I had less, I never want for things and I don't like borrowing from pple.
But one thing I don't like is someone taking my things wtout telling me or not even bothering to (they cld be like, sebi it's Haneefah) that can get me mad and I don't take light to insults, While I was younger I was violent, but now very calm, becos I learnt to overlook some things. When I get angry, the person and everyone who knows me, wld know the person definitely bleeped up big time, and wld castigate the person even b4 hearing anything.
Being quiet doesn't mean one is stupid. Just be urself, and don't be overly sacrificial for pple who aren't worth it, think of urself too. And when someone does somethn u don't like let them know u don't like it and they shldn't try it wt u again.
you just described my whole trait, one thing i have come to realize about humans is that they treat you depending on how you present yourself, once you set your boundaries trust me they will respect it, those who know me knows the good in me, while those who are yet to know, sees me as a snub, when i go to church, I just want to be done and get out, though i had love to stay back and chat, but what exactly are we chatting about, so i just up and leave, it's a routine i hate and love.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:
good for you
Have you read quiet and are you from Delta?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
dasdexter:
you just described my whole trait, one thing i have come to realize about humans is that they treat you depending on how you present yourself, once you set your boundaries trust me they will respect it, those who know me knows the good in me, while those who are yet to know, sees me as a snub, when i go to church, I just want to be done and get out, though i had love to stay back and chat, but what exactly are we chatting about, so i just up and leave, it's a routine i hate and love.
Men routine you hate and love. That got me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.