Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637053 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lacasera14(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
LUCAS99:

Can I be able to talk to you on phone Olarewajub?

I feel like am boring because I don't talk too much. I find it so difficult to relate with people and find a common ground. Even when I see people talking I don't really join the conversation because I don't know what to say. Most times I tend to avoid the conversation because I can't even keep a conversation going. Even when I eventually join the conversation and starts talking I feel like am unable to express myself in correct English. I have spoken to my family members and they are so surprised that I find it difficult to speak correct English.

I am almost 22 years old and It has been over four years since I had a girlfriend. Right now I don't even have a close female friend. I don't even know what to tell a lady or how to be creative when talking with a lady both online and offline.

I have tried reading books and watching television but I always fall asleep when I pick a book to read or try to watch a show. I wonder why I go to sleep so early by 6:00 PM and even when I wake up by 3:00 AM and try to read or maybe do a research online I start feeling sleepy. I know something is wrong with me but I don't know what.

Right now I lack direction and motivation. I have low confidence and low self esteem. I am even thinking of giving up on life. How can I get my life back on track?

how can I possibly increase my vocabulary and speak more fluently?
I tried watching some movies but most times I don't understand what is going on until the end and I always find it difficult to recall the exact words used by the actors. Can something be possibly wrong with my memory? Sometimes somebody can tell me their names and within five minutes I have already forgotten their names. Is there a proven way I can expand my memory and be able to think like a grown adult?

What Can I do to improve my basic conversational skills? When I see two coworkers talking and laughing I begin to wonder why I can't get my fellow coworkers to open up to me. Everyone thinks I am stupid because I can't really talk. Everyone I know can speak English correctly why am I finding it difficult to speak correct English?

My Self esteem is so badly damaged and I am so lost where do I start?

but you type well in english

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
lacasera14:
but you type well in english
I can understand what is happening to the guy,its not that he can't speak or right correct english.He is always afraid of making mistakes while speaking,he get confused with some words and when he types he consult his dico.Just guessing tho cause all these happens to me.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lacasera14(m): 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
bukiii:
I can understand what is happening to the guy,its not that he can't speak or right correct english.He is always afraid of making mistakes while speaking,he get confused with some words and when he types he consult his dico.Just guessing tho cause all these happens to me.
I can relate with that too, always wanting a perfected convo especially with the ladies
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
lacasera14:
I can relate with that too, always wanting a perfected convo especially with the ladies
it happens to tho am a female
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LUCAS99: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2016
bukiii:

That's my problem. I am afraid of making mistakes and getting embarrassed. Whenever I speak with my siblings and close friends I can speak correct English but whenever I try to make conversions with maybe co workers or customers all of a suddenly I find it difficult to express myself in correct English. I usually know what to say in my head but whenever I open my mouth to say it , most times I don't say it the right way. Sometimes I become nervous and all of a sudden my minds blanks out and I can't even pronounce words correctly and I end up messing up my sentences.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LUCAS99: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
lacasera14:

Exactly. Can you believe at 22 years old I struggle to make conversation with ladies because I don't know what to say to get them to laugh and open up to you so you both can connect on a deeper level.

When I see other guys having conversations with ladies and laughing it makes me feel odd and embarrassed that I can't do what other guys do so easily?

When I see people talking I hardly join them because I don't want to say something stupid and be embarrassed.

I know I need to build my social skills but am so confused on where to start cause right now I lack motivation and all I wanna do is sleep all day.

I really need help cause am getting frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lacasera14(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
LUCAS99:

Exactly. Can you believe at 22 years old I struggle to make conversation with ladies because I don't know what to say to get them to laugh and open up to you so you both can connect on a deeper level.

When I see other guys having conversations with ladies and laughing it makes me feel odd and embarrassed that I can't do what other guys do so easily?

When I see people talking I hardly join them because I don't want to say something stupid and be embarrassed.

I know I need to build my social skills but am so confused on where to start cause right now I lack motivation and all I wanna do is sleep all day.

I really need help cause am getting frustrated.
read more, associate with people who have mastered the art of communicating effectively with the opposite sex you'll be glad you did .

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
@ LUCAS99 Hope you are gradually getting the help you need?

I want to implore all the introverts in the Lounge to proffer their own opinions on this matter.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LUCAS99: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
Olarewajub:
@ LUCAS99 Hope you are gradually getting the help you need?

I want to implore all the introverts in the Lounge to proffer their own opinions on this matter.

I am still lost. I still wonder why I find it a bit difficult to express myself in correct English when speaking with somebody and also how to speak loudly.

I still need your number please send it to my mail I really need a mentor I can talk to everyday.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sapiosexual1..coman see ooo grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
LUCAS99:

I am still lost. I still wonder why I find it a bit difficult to express myself in correct English when speaking with somebody and also how to speak loudly.

I still need your number please send it to my mail I really need a mentor I can talk to everyday.

Sorry for the late reply. I will get back to you this weekend, probably tomorrow and i will send my number to your mail.

How is your week?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Melsan:
Sapiosexual1..coman see ooo grin
My oga, I don show! Would be following from far behind
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

My oga, I don show! Would be following from far behind
Comfort zone for ya!.feel at home smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Melsan:
Comfort zone for ya!.feel at home smiley
Yez ooo,sure thing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
@sapiosexual1..good!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Who has the soft copy of Temperament controlled Spirit by TIM LaHaye?

It's a pity we've decided to ignore our very own. #SadFace

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm please to announce to you all that a new book has been published by Susan Cain
Title : Quiet Power.

Can't wait to lay my hands on the soft copy.

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Quiet_Power:_The_Secret_Strengths_of_Introverts?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfon1TzEj5wAQsH4
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
It's been a while now that I was here....Olarewajub you are really doing a great job
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rukkydelta:
It's been a long time I was here....Olarewajub you are really doing a great job

Thanks. I remember you, my sister. How is school?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Thanks. I remember you, my sister. How is school?
School is going smooth. Just that exam is around the corner
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rukkydelta:
School is going smooth. Just that exam is around the corner
Oh i see. How is the preparation going?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olarewajub:

Oh i see. How is the preparation going?
Fine by God's grace
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
I used to be extremely shy around the male gender shy but thank God through this thread I can now relate with guys although not that well but my degree of shyness have reduced. When it come to social network I'm very noisy but keeping conversations with people physically is a problem. I'm the kind of person that is funny and can be silly at times but only on social network and to family & close friends

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
Rukkydelta:
I used to be extremely shy around the male gender shy but thank God through this thread I can now relate with guys although not that well but my degree of shyness have reduced. When it come to social network I'm very noisy but keeping conversations with people physically is a problem. I'm the kind of person that is funny and can be silly at times but only on social network and to family & close friends
same here sis but am getting over it
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
bukiii:
same here sis but am getting over it

Lol..... I just remembered when I met a male friend I knew through social network physically for the first time I was unable to keep eye contact, was not able to talk that much,most of my responses was yes and no, to make matter worst he asked me if I'm shy ?...I just gave a fake smile and replied why shall I shy ?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by amicableSavage: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm in need of your candid opinion on a matter pls.
I've had this female friend for a long time now, don't know if I should call her my gf cos she doesn't seem to want that tag yet. She made it clear to me that even her can't date herself yet, like there're some stuffs she needs to put together in her life; that of which I'm not so convinced about. She's been in 4 relationship in the past, but is trying to get the next one right, hopefully with me.

She's working now, while I'm a corper. Her place to mine is just 2 buses away.

At the nysc camp, I met this lady, she expressed her feelings towards me and I did too later. We got along quickly but were separated by posting on the final day of camp.
I went to visit her yesterday at her lodge. she was full of joy.
Things got kinky and we had sex(protected). After sex, we chatted, joked et al.
But what bothers me is the fact that she wants to stick with me for good. She wants us to even go as far as marriage...that of which I'm not ready for soon. She was just all over me yesterday like I'm she could wed yesterday sef. The whole thing just got me confused. She even asked about pregnancy if I'll be cool with it before marriage, honestly I said yes, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope, bearing in mind that I'm struggling myself. She said she won't even want to be pregnant before marriage. That it's not goona be easy.

So pls good people, advice me, what should I do, cos on a more serious note, I love that my "female friend" more, but she's not ready to be in a relationship. And here's another giving her all to me.

Pls help.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Lol..... I just remembered when I met a male friend I knew through social network physically for the first time I was unable to keep eye contact, was not able to talk that much,most of my responses was yes and no, to make matter worst he asked me if I'm shy ?...I just gave a fake smile and replied why shall I shy ?
lol mine was when we met I was speaking freely with him but couldn't make eye contact with I was so much embarrases when he was looking straight into my eye.I couldn't continue with the convo,the guy just asked me what do you have to say,I was embarrased more couldn't think of anything to say.Iwas just looking like a fool.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
LUCAS99:

Can I be able to talk to you on phone Olarewajub?

I feel like am boring because I don't talk too much. I find it so difficult to relate with people and find a common ground. Even when I see people talking I don't really join the conversation because I don't know what to say. Most times I tend to avoid the conversation because I can't even keep a conversation going. Even when I eventually join the conversation and starts talking I feel like am unable to express myself in correct English. I have spoken to my family members and they are so surprised that I find it difficult to speak correct English.

I am almost 22 years old and It has been over four years since I had a girlfriend. Right now I don't even have a close female friend. I don't even know what to tell a lady or how to be creative when talking with a lady both online and offline.

I have tried reading books and watching television but I always fall asleep when I pick a book to read or try to watch a show. I wonder why I go to sleep so early by 6:00 PM and even when I wake up by 3:00 AM and try to read or maybe do a research online I start feeling sleepy. I know something is wrong with me but I don't know what.

Right now I lack direction and motivation. I have low confidence and low self esteem. I am even thinking of giving up on life. How can I get my life back on track?

how can I possibly increase my vocabulary and speak more fluently?
I tried watching some movies but most times I don't understand what is going on until the end and I always find it difficult to recall the exact words used by the actors. Can something be possibly wrong with my memory? Sometimes somebody can tell me their names and within five minutes I have already forgotten their names. Is there a proven way I can expand my memory and be able to think like a grown adult?

What Can I do to improve my basic conversational skills? When I see two coworkers talking and laughing I begin to wonder why I can't get my fellow coworkers to open up to me. Everyone thinks I am stupid because I can't really talk. Everyone I know can speak English correctly why am I finding it difficult to speak correct English?

My Self esteem is so badly damaged and I am so lost where do I start?

Hello
Seems I can relate a little to what you are going through.

During my seminar presentation in school, I said bacterias instead of bacteria.

sometimes you know the right word, phrase or sentence but they just don't come out right sometimes.

I have even said nani instead of Nanny and I never knew until a friend made jest of it.

one thing I have learnt is to calm down before opening your mouth to speak. it helps sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello
Good evening to everyone.
To our Muslim brothers and sisters, how is Ramadan going?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello
Good evening to everyone.
To our Muslim brothers and sisters, how is Ramadan going?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
this introverted personality can be a pain in the arse at times. whenever I hear guys talk about the number of girls they have had as girlfriends and those they also had causal sex with, I just begin to wonder if I'm cursed as regards girls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.