Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637050 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
This introverted personality can be a pain in the arse at times. whenever I hear guys tal

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Olarewajub:
#IntrovertFact.
Majority of introverts have hard time uploading their pics on social network.
true, mostly on fb
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gunshat: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
well for me , i possess most of the attributes listed here but the most important part of me is d (OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND) attribute. wen am not seeing my friends i tend to forget everything about them and wen am listening to my favorite hits(ROCK) that one caps it all.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
charley94:
this introverted personality can be a pain in the arse at times. whenever I hear guys talk about the number of girls they have had as girlfriends and those they also had causal sex with, I just begin to wonder if I'm cursed as regards girls
I share dsame pain with u bro..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bighead1(m): 5:57am On Jun 13, 2016
@Ggrin, this is where you are needed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bighead1(m): 6:07am On Jun 13, 2016
slimbryan:

We plenty for here o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ggrin(f): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2016
bighead1:
@Ggrin, this is where you are needed
bigheadlipsrsealed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2016
slimbryan:
my friends just see me as one weird guy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2016
bighead1:

We plenty for here o
God help us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello All,

I have read some posts in the last few pages and I am stirred to say a few things about introversion.
I'm an introvert myself, a typical one. But I do well with public speaking although I don't like the crowd itself. I can communicate well with people too, but I'd rather not except it's necessary. But... I wasn't like that as a teenager.

Now to my point, being an introvert, ipso facto isn't a bad thing. It's only a class on its own. If you can isolate shyness from introversion by learning to overcome your shyness through public speaking, overcoming fear and worry (which I see as the core of problems Introverts have), and most importantly 'letting go' of mistakes as easily as reciting ABC, then you'll do socially fine as an introvert.

Like the gentleman who writes good English but believes he doesn't speak it well, has no other problem but Fear and Worry. If you can tell yourself repeatedly (and use helpful resources like books) that your mistakes don't define you as long as you improve on yourself, then it is only a matter of time before you see yourself as an orator. And finally, when you interact with strangers, think of them as your friend and family and communicate with them so; you'll find out how easy it is to make eye contact and communicate.

Pardon the long story... I'm a prolific writer and hardly know when to stop.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bighead1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
ggrin:
bigheadlipsrsealed

Why call my name? angry angry angry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HCF(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bidexluv:
Hello

Good evening to everyone.

To our Muslim brothers and sisters, how is Ramadan going?
Ramadan is going on smoothly...hope you're with us on this fasting? smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
I join Donoms to say that introverts are great thinkers hence it would be a disaster to let our personal ideal or fears get in the way of communicating with others.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 6:09am On Jun 14, 2016
bighead1:

Why call my name? angry angry angry
Wahala! grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RICKYMARIO(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
charley94:
this introverted personality can be a pain in the arse at times. whenever I hear guys talk about the number of girls they have had as girlfriends and those they also had causal sex with, I just begin to wonder if I'm cursed as regards girls
chai. we r in the
same boat o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bighead1(m): 12:11am On Jun 15, 2016
ggrin:
bigheadlipsrsealed

You look just like my school son, the same grin on your faces..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
Here's a front-page thread about introverts. Quite comical but mostly true. www.nairaland.com/3155365/only-introverts-understand-these
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jobhuntng: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
slimbryan:

God help us.

LMao...we plenty
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jobhuntng: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Damn
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nas00(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by toluine56(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
Newest member here.
Find it super-hard maintaining a conversation thats if i start at all.
Jus prefer being alone. Some term it selfishness..i jus value personal space and actually nice to people trying to come close.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rickcutie(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
My own be say i dont have passion or zeal to coverse or speak long wif pple, and most of d time, i usually dont know wot to say to keep conversation going. To converse wif pple for long, u must have passion and zeal for it, u must enjoy d convo. Conversing wif pple only interest me wen its about a topic i love; like football, academics etc...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kushfc(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hey great ppl, u all have spoken all i have in mind and my situation as well. But these are my questions : is being an introvert a problem? (2) what are d advantages and disadvantages of been an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Isiterere(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
The degree of introvert in me has reduced drastically because of the kind of work I do. I must initiate and maintain conversation with customers. But whenever I am at home, strictly me, my phone, laptop and radio. Introvert are great thinker....

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charlesu49(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
It feels really good I'm seeing multiple reflections of myself here, I'm an introvert and I love it- apart from the uncomfortable feeling I get when I have to make a presentation in school, address a crowd and the likes. I also cnt maintain long conversations. Growing up I had problems with approaching the opposite sex too but I worked really hard on that one, it paid off, I can almost approach any girl now, I only have to ignore that gnawing feeling of shyness and sometimes nausea, and at 22 I can say I was a late bloomer but I've landed my fair share of gazelles if u know what I mean. Also I'm always too self-conscious, always trying to stay off the spot light and not make mistakes etc etc. I write better than I talk too, because I'm always trying too hard to literally hear myself as I'm talking and trying too hard to make it perfect. I get bored easily. I prefer books to movies. I'll talk you to hell if you broached matters that hold my interest, like the idea of "faith" n "reason", their very essence. If you come to me for answers in matters I'm well versed in, be ready for an "epistle" as my friend calls it- I don't just give an answer, I start frm the seemingly unimportant beginning and expound beyond what you were concerned with. Lol. I'll stop here, lol... I'm Charles, I'm an introvert.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Horlawoomey(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
And that illustrative pictures about introverts on Front page led me here, I have not come across this lounge before. It's good to meet you guys.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Horlawoomey(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
charlesu49:
It feels really good I'm seeing multiple reflections of myself here, I'm an introvert and I love it- apart from the uncomfortable feeling I get when I have to make a presentation in school, address a crowd and the likes. I also cnt maintain long conversations. Growing up I had problems with approaching the opposite sex too but I worked really hard on that one, it paid off, I can almost approach any girl now, I only have to ignore that gnawing feeling or shyness and sometimes nausea, and at 22 I can say I was a late bloomer but I've landed my fair share of gazelles if u know what I mean. Also I'm always self-conscious, always trying to stay off the spot light and not make mistakes etc etc. I write better than I talk too, because I'm always trying too hard to literally hear myself as I'm talking and trying too hard to make it perfect. I get bored easily. I prefer books to movies. I'll talk you to hell if you broached matters that hold my interest, like the idea of "faith" n "reason", their very essence. If you come to me for answers in matters I'm well versed in, be ready for an "epistle" as my friend calls it- I don't just give an answer, I start frm the seemingly unimportant beginning and expound beyond what you were concerned with. Lol. I'll stop here, lol... I'm Charles, I'm an introvert.

Just like me.

The introverted me can turn to a lecturer in a few seconds if I am to discuss anything of interest.

Public speaking is not my thing, public writing is (lol)

I talk to myself more than I talk to people, sometimes I prefer to get lost than to ask for direction.

I moved to a new place six months ago and yet to have a friend, even my neighbors don't know my name.

Hell was nearly let loose when I was called in mosque to say prayers in Yoruba after the obligatory salat. I just utter few sentences and back it up with a verse, they were waiting for More and I was like datz all.

I have a lot of friends in my former place but I can't handle 5 of them at a time, I like it when we are in 3s, it is less rowdy and more fun to me. Only few of my friends are introverted.

It is easier for me to do my toasting things on Whatsapp, Bbm or Facebook. Sometimes when I am interested in a girl, I just act like I don't care and let her do the needful. It's always like " This bros is too gentle o, always smiling and pressing phone"

I now know how to switch when it is necessary but trust me, I hate those pinching eyes that penetrates when I am talking.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dreydoe(m): 12:40am On Jun 17, 2016
Horlawoomey:

Just like me.

The introverted me can turn to a lecturer in a few seconds if I am to discuss anything of interest.

Public speaking is not my thing, public writing is (lol)

I talk to myself more than I talk to people, sometimes I prefer to get lost than to ask for direction.

I moved to a new place six months ago and yet to have a friend, even my neighbors don't know my name.

Hell was nearly let loose when I was called in mosque to say prayers in Yoruba after the obligatory salat. I just utter few sentences and back it up with a verse, they were waiting for More and I was like datz all.

I have a lot of friends in my former place but I can't handle 5 of them at a time, I like it when we are in 3s, it is less rowdy and more fun to me. Only few of my friends are introverted.

It is easier for me to do my toasting things on Whatsapp, Bbm or Facebook. Sometimes when I am interested in a girl, I just act like I don't care and let her do the needful. It's always like " This bros is too gentle o, always smiling and pressing phone"

I now know how to switch when it is necessary but trust me, I hate those pinching eyes that penetrates when I am talking.

i see more of myself in this post.i am extremely an introvert..i only allow very few people in and they are all far away now.i feel alone most of the time like no one gets or understands me.

i feel when i talk people are ready to bounce on my mistakes or error, i feel the whole world is watching my movement when i move or talk.

i like buryn myslf indoors watching movies,especially season films.

i av never been in any relationship,just only very few flings.

I'm 24 now and i have never had any girlfriend not even one (its scary
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 17, 2016
Hmmn
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jimrealf(m): 1:01am On Jun 17, 2016
Seriously thought I was the only one. Good to know their are people like me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:01am On Jun 17, 2016
This rely is long over due. Sorry for the late entry, any thing I try to reply some thing just comes up.
LUCAS99:

Can I be able to talk to you on phone Olarewajub?

I feel like am boring because I don't talk too much. I find it so difficult to relate with people and find a common ground. Even when I see people talking I don't really join the conversation because I don't know what to say. Most times I tend to avoid the conversation because I can't even keep a conversation going. Even when I eventually join the conversation and starts talking I feel like am unable to express myself in correct English. I have spoken to my family members and they are so surprised that I find it difficult to speak correct English.
Something you must know my friend is that introverts express themselves easily and comfortablly with people they are familiar with and not total strangers and that’s the reason you can express yourself correcly when you’re with your family members. What you must first do is to try to get to know few of your colleagues maybe by short conversation, and when you speak, make sure you don’t give much attention to your spoken English. Just allow it to flow naturally. It might not be a easy task at first, but as I will always say; move out of your comfort zone. Introversion is not timidity.

On keeping converrsation, try and envision the type of conversation you are likely to have that day. You can decide to have a political debate in your head. In so doing, you will have tons of things to say when the issue of corruption among government officials or scarcity of tomatoes comes up. You have to be ready before time. Ever wonder how Susan Cain does it, “Preparation bro”. Day dream.

I am almost 22 years old and It has been over four years since I had a girlfriend. Right now I don't even have a close female friend. I don't even know what to tell a lady or how to be creative when talking with a lady both online and offline.

On issue of relationship, I’ve got little advice. First don’t beat yourselve about not having a girlfriend although it might be painful seeing how guys around you change girlfriends like wrappers are their ability to easily scope girls. When it comes to friendship, introverts are usually carefully. There are ladies out there who are naturally attracted to introverts. It means you have’nt meant the right girl. Make sure you are able to interprete green light because that is the indicator ladies give. A Google search should help you through this. Don’t enter into a relationship with a lady that does not understand and appreciates your personality. On the last part, read articles about talking to ladies to go out on a date with you, but remember anything you do, let it be spotaneous.

I have tried reading books and watching television but I always fall asleep when I pick a book to read or try to watch a show. I wonder why I go to sleep so early by 6:00 PM and even when I wake up by 3:00 AM and try to read or maybe do a research online I start feeling sleepy. I know something is wrong with me but I don't know what.

The reason why you fall asleep by 6:00 PM maybe due to your biological clock or nature of your Job. When you wake up to read or watch a movie, do you do this in the comfort of your bed? If yes, always read or watch movies while sitting down in a chair uprightly and you can decide to drink warm water. Make sure you’re well clothed, if possible wear socks.

Right now I lack direction and motivation. I have low confidence and low self esteem. I am even thinking of giving up on life. How can I get my life back on track?

how can I possibly increase my vocabulary and speak more fluently?
I tried watching some movies but most times I don't understand what is going on until the end and I always find it difficult to recall the exact words used by the actors. Can something be possibly wrong with my memory? Sometimes somebody can tell me their names and within five minutes I have already forgotten their names. Is there a proven way I can expand my memory and be able to think like a grown adult?

Thinking of giving up on life? Bro the World is waiting for you. Any problem you’re facing, someone somewhere else is facing a worse scenero. Research and read books on building self esteem. Try to discover your God given talent and life will become worth living. On increasing your vocabulary, read books and watch good hollywood movies. If you have a PC, download “Audacity” and use it to practice speaking fluently, and also learn to practice of public speaking. Is it just names you forget? If yes, it happens to most introvers.

What Can I do to improve my basic conversational skills? When I see two coworkers talking and laughing I begin to wonder why I can't get my fellow coworkers to open up to me. Everyone thinks I am stupid because I can't really talk. Everyone I know can speak English correctly why am I finding it difficult to speak correct English?

My Self esteem is so badly damaged and I am so lost where do I start?
Your coworkers thinks you’re stupid because they don’t know what your personality is, they see you as a weirdo and not as an introvert. Set goals for yourself and try to achieve them. I strongly recommend you read the book Quiet by Susan Cain, the pdf file is everywhere online.
Whatever you do, be yourself. Life is amazing. Live a happy life.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.