Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,041 members, 7,953,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) (6061 Views)

8 Basic Errors Muslims Make When Paying Zakat Al-fitr / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dynamo1: Thanks for all your contribution. Someone should please help us clarify. Is it TWO or FOUR handfuls?
Thanks
You can get clarification on the exact measurement from www.bakkah.net
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dynamo1: Thanks for all your contribution. Someone should please help us clarify. Is it TWO or FOUR handfuls?
Thanks
get the metal or wooden measure, it is easier.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by sinceden2: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Thanks

I just reconfirmed by practically measuring four handful with with the big cup. Its confirmed to be four hand full

1 Like

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Browser69(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
This is what I got from a mosque yesterday. i.e cash equivalent of food stuff per head.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Sike(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
All is well.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by tuffgongjo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
numericalguy:

Ibadah in Islam means worship or to worship Allah (SWT) alone.
ok ok thank you very much.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by kudsweet(f): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
It is worthy to note that monetary equivalent could be paid as Zakat l Fitr.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by arabambi: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
can it be given or shared to non muslim that one know he/she is in need? or strictly to muslims only
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Abanicwise(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=carbony4red]I av no knowledge of this Zakatil-fitri but I will be so glad if we can get a Muslim brother to enlighten us(me personally) on d way it is 2b performed 2get d expected reward 4rm Allah(SWT)..

THE PURPOSE OF ZAKAT-UL-FITRI.

Zakat-ul-fitri mainly serves two purposes, First is spiritual purpose which is cleansing of all d deficiency or anormallies we engaged in during the period of the ramadan fasting in order to earn Allah mercy.
The second purpose which is physical is to make d less privileged muslim feel sense of belonging and be happy like d privileged muslim on d day of the eid-l-fitri (salah day) as the zakatul fitri is meant to be given to d poor muslims or less privileged muslims.

THE RULES GUIDING ZAKAT-UL-FITRI

Zakatul- fitri should be made by all finacially capable muslims on d basis of the number of how many people or dependant the person( i.e the person paying or making the Zakat-ul-fitri) is providing/catering for or giving finqncial means of livelihood to.

Example
Let say, you are a man who married to one wife and blessed with 2 children, and u also av one relative dat stays wt u dat u provides/caters for as well, dis automatically mean dat u r going to pay the zakatul fitri for urself, ur wife, ur two children and ur relative staying wt u, making 5 in number.

The measurement.
The measurement is always d same, what differ is d value of the dat(food stuff) u r using to pay d zakatul-fitri....as the food stuff cld be , any grain food stuff e.g Rice, Bean , Garri, corn e.t.c

The right and correct measurement is 4 mundun for one dependant, which is d equivalent of 3 Dericas of the choice foodcstuff.

THE TECHNICALITY/REALITY OF ZAKAT -UL-FITRI

For zakatul fitri to achieve it intended purpose, it shld not be made or pay wholly wt food stuffs to d beneficiaries,.. as dis can still handicapped d beneficiary on d day of d eid, cos what is d essence of aving all d food stuff wt u (the beneficiary) without aving the monetary means of getting other ingredient for preparing d food stuff, so, to avoid or prevent such from happening, it is considered to make whole in monetary value rather than making whole in foodstuff, as dis afford and present the beneficiary the multiple choices of what to prepare for him/her and the family.

THE BENEFICIARIES
Zakat-ul- fitri shld mainly goes to the financially handicapped or less privileged muslim, Non muslim can also be considered for it on d condition dat, no muslim is considered qualified for it in such locality.( in another word, on d condition dat, there is no less privileged muslims present in such locality dat is due or qualified for it)

TIMING/WHEN TO PAY/MAKE ZAKAT-UL-FITRI

Zakat -ul-fitri should be made before d eid - fitri prayer is observed...it cld also be a day before, or two days before the eid, as dis gives the beneficiary rest of mind and ample of time to plan him/her self on what to prepare .

May Allah Accept it as an act of Ibadah......Ameen.
Allahu Alam.(Allah know best)
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
This should help all who don't know the exact quantity. Just get the amount of money and give to your Imam. He will know how to distribute it to the poor.
I just got the piece today and it has already been circulated.

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
yomip3t: This should help all who don't know the exact quantity. Just get the amount of money and give to your Imam. He will know how to distribute it to the poor.
I just got the piece today and it has already been circulated.
Imam? Are there no poor people around you?
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Abanicwise(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
THE PURPOSE OF ZAKAT-UL-FITRI.
Zakat-ul-fitri mainly serves two purposes,
First is spiritual purpose which is cleansing of
all d deficiency or anormallies we engaged
in during the period of the ramadan fasting in order to earn Allah mercy.
The second purpose which is physical is to
make d less privileged muslim feel sense of
belonging and be happy like d privileged
muslim on d day of the eid-l-fitri (salah day)
as the zakatul fitri is meant to be given to d
poor muslims or less privileged muslims.
THE RULES GUIDING ZAKAT-UL-FITRI
Zakatul- fitri should be made by all
finacially capable muslims on d basis of the
number of how many people or dependant
the person( i.e the person paying or making
the Zakat-ul-fitri) is providing/catering for or
giving finqncial means of livelihood to.
Example
Let say, you are a man who married to one
wife and blessed with 2 children, and u also
av one relative dat stays wt u dat u
provides/caters for as well, dis automatically
mean dat u r going to pay the zakatul fitri
for urself, ur wife, ur two children and ur
relative staying wt u, making 5 in number.
The measurement.
The measurement is always d same, what
differ is d value of the dat(food stuff) u r
using to pay d zakatul-fitri....as the food
stuff cld be , any grain food stuff e.g Rice,
Bean , Garri, corn e.t.c
The right and correct measurement is 4
mundun for one dependant, which is d
equivalent of 3 Dericas of the choice
foodcstuff.
THE TECHNICALITY/REALITY OF ZAKAT -UL-
FITRI
For zakatul fitri to achieve it intended
purpose, it shld not be made or pay wholly
wt food stuffs to d beneficiaries,.. as dis can
still handicapped d beneficiary on d day of d
eid, cos what is d essence of aving all d
food stuff wt u (the beneficiary) without
aving the monetary means of getting other
ingredient for preparing d food stuff, so, to
avoid or prevent such from happening, it is
considered to make whole in monetary value
rather than making whole in foodstuff, as
dis afford and present the beneficiary the
multiple choices of what to prepare for him/
her and the family.
THE BENEFICIARIES
Zakat-ul- fitri shld mainly goes to the
financially handicapped or less privileged
muslim, Non muslim can also be considered
for it on d condition dat, no muslim is
considered qualified for it in such locality.( in
another word, on d condition dat, there is no
less privileged muslims present in such
locality dat is due or qualified for it)
TIMING/WHEN TO PAY/MAKE ZAKAT-UL-FITRI
Zakat -ul-fitri should be made before d eid -
fitri prayer is observed...it cld also be a day
before, or two days before the eid, as dis
gives the beneficiary rest of mind and ample
of time to plan him/her self on what to
prepare .
May Allah Accept it as an act of
Ibadah......Ameen.
7BA33924.

1 Like

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Abanicwise(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
tuffgongjo: Abeg wetin be Ibadah?
Salamun Alaykum.
Ibadah means an act of worship.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Abanicwise(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
joker5180: is cash payment allowed?

Salamun Alaykum.
Yes ,it is allowed, but it must be the monetary equivalent or more of the food stuff u chose to pay d zakat-ul -ftri.
Allahu Alam.(Allah know best).

1 Like

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Abanicwise(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
abubello:
You can get clarification on the exact measurement from www.bakkah.net

Salamun Alaykum
it is 4 handful which is equivalent of 3 Dericas of any grain foodstuff.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by delight03: 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
stricly for less priviledged muslims
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Abanicwise:

Salamun Alaykum.
Yes ,it is allowed, but it must be the monetary equivalent or more of the food stuff u chose to pay d zakat-ul -ftri.
Allahu Alam.(Allah know best).
tnx bros
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by khattab02: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
arabambi: can it be given or shared to non muslim that one know he/she is in need? or strictly to muslims only
No it can't given and also the non muslim should not also be counted because he/she cannot be purified by zakaah.

Ahmad and Abu Thawr said : '' they(kaafirs) should not be given it.''
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by trigonometry: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=tuffgongjo]Abeg wetin be Ibadah?
[Ibadah means Worship
]
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by abrajways: 3:21am On Jul 27, 2014
joker5180: is cash payment allowed?
yeah
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 4:05am On Jul 27, 2014
joker5180: Imam? Are there no poor people around you?
Of course there are poor people around me but your Imam knows the ability of everyone in your mosque. You might think someone in your Jummah is okay but can't afford to eat. So it's best adviced to submit all to your Imam and he will know who to give.
However, if you know anyone who you wish to give... you can give the name to your Imam so that he can distribute all equally.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 27, 2014
yomip3t:
Of course there are poor people around me but your Imam knows the ability of everyone in your mosque. You might think someone in your Jummah is okay but can't afford to eat. So it's best adviced to submit all to your Imam and he will know who to give.
However, if you know anyone who you wish to give... you can give the name to your Imam so that he can distribute all equally.
bros kindly give it out yourself atleast you sure it reach the intended person
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 6:01am On Jul 27, 2014
joker5180: bros kindly give it out yourself atleast you sure it reach the intended person
The question is : how will it sound giving like N560 to a poor and he/she won't feel somehow. Trying to point out why such 560 and the just 500. Meanwhile, the exact quantity you can give had been calculated to N560.
So brother the best advice you can do is to give to your Imam and he join yours with others and distribute it accordingly. Islam has doctrine. ... you can't just do what you want because you feel it should be like that.
But if you can measure the exact quantity with what they use in measuring it , no wahala.
But the stuff is hard to see anywhere.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2014
yomip3t:
The question is : how will it sound giving like N560 to a poor and he/she won't feel somehow. Trying to point out why such 560 and the just 500. Meanwhile, the exact quantity you can give had been calculated to N560.
So brother the best advice you can do is to give to your Imam and he join yours with others and distribute it accordingly. Islam has doctrine. ... you can't just do what you want because you feel it should be like that.
But if you can measure the exact quantity with what they use in measuring it , no wahala.
But the stuff is hard to see anywhere.
I see! Is like you are ALONE,i have dependants so am not paying 560NGN and in any case i dnt give out money but food stuff.
BTW my point is that of TRUST; how are sure the Imam will not pocket the money afterall we have seen ' sheikhs' can do in Shekarau's administration in kano ( members of zakka commission).
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by popson1(m): 7:01am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=arabambi]can it be given or shared to non muslim that one know he/she is in need? or strictly to muslims only[g/quote]

According to our Imam, zakat -ul-fitri is not limited to the muslims only since the aim is to share with the needy. Apart from this, it's a way of identifying with non -muslims with the ultimate aim of promoting peace and unity.

I'm requesting that someone with indepth knowledge on this enlighten us further.

Regards.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2014
joker5180:
I see! Is like you are ALONE,i have dependants so am not paying 560NGN and in any case i dnt give out money but food stuff.
BTW my point is that of TRUST; how are sure the Imam will not pocket the money afterall we have seen ' sheikhs' can do in Shekarau's administration in kano ( members of zakka commission).

Good exact thing I wanted to hear from you.
Bro, it's a bad idea not trusting your Imam and you stand behind him to perform your salat. It's quite disheartening.
Maybe you don't know that if you give out Zakat and the person you give say "thank you" to you.... you can never get half of yhe blessings. The best Zakat is for you to give indirectly .... immediately the person receives it he/she starts praying for the hand that gave him/her, you have your full blessings.
Moreover, your intention is the vital thing in all you do in Islam. Just have your intention and give it to your Imam for distribution.
Allah (swt) knows best.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=popson1][/quote]

I don't think so. The Prophet (saw) states that Zakat-ul-fitr should be shared to the poor and less privileged among you to bring joy and love among Jummah.

The main reason is just to bring smile and to give the person an opportunity to perform it also in the subsequent yrs. Just to lift the poor hand.

For example someone who fasted for 30days and on the Eid Ul Filtr day when others are going to the praying ground he/ she doesn't have food to eat and nothing to make him /her happy... he will never be happy about everything. That's where zakat works. If that is given to him /her, smile will come in.

And the Prophet (saw) said well should all go to the praying ground in mass. Even those that arr not eligible for salat should go and sit at the end of the venue.
Everyone must be happy.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by popson1(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2014
yomip3t:

I don't think so. The Prophet (saw) states that Zakat-ul-fitr should be shared to the poor and less privileged among you to bring joy and love among Jummah.

The main reason is just to bring smile and to give the person an opportunity to perform it also in the subsequent yrs. Just to lift the poor hand.

For example someone who fasted for 30days and on the Eid Ul Filtr day when others are going to the praying ground he/ she doesn't have food to eat and nothing to make him /her happy... he will never be happy about everything. That's where zakat works. If that is given to him /her, smile will come in.

And the Prophet (saw) said well should all go to the praying ground in mass. Even those that arr not eligible for salat should go and sit at the end of the venue.
Everyone must be happy.

Okay. Thanks for this information. May Allah accept our Ibadah and forgive our shortcomings. Amin.
Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by Danja: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Olekumaster: why una no wan gree get sense naw??

if u re to follow Islam with an open mind, u will discover dat it is d best. Everything is well arranged for us in d Quran. Our problem is not d religion but some of d ppl practicing d religion.

1 Like

Re: Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) by yomip3t(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2014
popson1:

Okay. Thanks for this information. May Allah accept our Ibadah and forgive our shortcomings. Amin.

Ameen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Disturbing News About Alhaji Gawat / Did Allah Know What Will Happen To The People Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Islamic Marriage Is Simple Shun Haram Dating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.