Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) (42472 Views)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by egopersonified(f): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
The smoke from d wood has no effect on d rice as I always make the same rice with gas cooker. The main effects are:
1. Fry the grinded tomatoes, tatasha and atarodo very well
2. Use bay leaves, this brings out the aroma
3. Curry and theme very plenty
4. Allow the rice to burn
5. Everyone is missing out the meat stock added to the rice, very important.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by ameenahz(f): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Joavid:

No. How do you add that? wink

Joavid:

No. How do you add that? wink

if it is the grounded nutmeg that u have, a teaspoon with 5 cups of rice. If it is the whole nutmeg seed that you have, use ur discretion and scrape it in. Do not add too much or your rice will taste 'bitter-ish'

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
zerray: hahahaha
moo like jolofffu

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
I noticed whenever my indomie gets burnt it kinda tastes like party jollof rice...so I guess burning it and preferably some firewood smoke in there and wala you got yourself a party aromatized tasting jollof rice...please...who invented the "jollof" terminology?
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
ameenahz:

if it is the grounded nutmeg that u have, a teaspoon with 5 cups of rice. If it is the whole nutmeg seed that you have, use ur discretion and scrape it in. Do not add too much or your rice will taste 'bitter-ish'

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
grin
Henrypraise: For me its the smoke n intense heat.

Other ingredient include: The sweats, too much talk (spit).
very funny grin
Henrypraise: For me its the smoke n intense heat.

Other ingredient include: The sweats, too much talk (spit).
very funny
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
MrKnowitall:

I dont get it...does the smoke penetrates the pot and enter into the rice or something? How does

the smoke affect the taste of the rice? Or are you barbequing rice?
I can't explain exactly. But the smoke definitely gets into the pot through the lid while cooking (little quantity) and when mixing or checking the rice. tongue
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Omojayejaye:
Just as the leaf is the secret to the sweetest party "moimoi"
Exactly wink
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
Addietunes:
really? tell me the truth, are you high?
cheesy I can't tell.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by iamord(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects: HI NAIARALANDERS,

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT METHODS OF COOKING JOLLOF RICE.. LETS SHARE OUR TIPS AND SECRETS TO THAT PARTY JOLLOF RICE THAT WE ALL CRAVE WHEN WE GET TO NIGERIAN PARTIES smiley

MY TIP TO THE SMELL:- BAY LEAVES & FRESH THYME
good. Topic.. I pepare. Jollof and Fried rice @ home.. But the taste cannot be compared to. Party own..and I can never get tired. Of. Both.. Hope I could. Learn one or two from peoples post
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by iamord(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
0rex: grin
The Smoke from FIREWOOD is the secret to the sweetest party 'rices'.
I. Have hearded people say that ..of which I doubt..but if its really. True then. We r all dead.. Joollofed smoked Rice!!!
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Bantino(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
See op below...

5 Likes

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamord: I. Have hearded people say that ..of which I doubt..but if its really. True then. We r all dead.. Joollofed smoked Rice!!!
grin Our fathers have been eating it like that since 1708... grin grin
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by khatea: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
yorex2011:
Ginger or garlic.. Not sure..

U can use both, blend it till smooth
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by wasak(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
dominique:

Mogbomoya tinz grin. Me sef look forward to parties cos of that rice embarassed.

Sometimes I get it right, other times na wash. At times I fry the meat and onoin in the oil I intend to use for it but I don't like how the chunks of meat puts black sediments in the finished product so I dont fry the meat anymore. So these are the steps I take...

I fry the onions and harvest them before they dry up.
I put the grinded pepper in the oil and let it fry well.
Along the line, I put the tin tomato paste and seasoning and let every thing fry together for at least 20 minutes.
Once the mixture is drying up, I add the beef or chicken stock and let it fry for another 10 mins or so.
After that, I put in the rice, curry, thyme, bay leaf and water and let it all cook together.
Sometimes it comes out just the way I want.

hahaha funny u. I'm so obsessed with party rice that my dad has promised to lock me up one of these days in a room full of rice.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by obyikye(f): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=yorex2011]Allow it to burn small... I believe ginger is involved too... Not sure.. Abi na garlic? [/quot
Supported, allow it burn. Fry part of the crayfish with the tomato and also add barley leaf.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Rubyrose: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Please what's the native name for bay leaf?
Or pix to know what it looks like..
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.. OK lets say I KNOW HOW TO COOK JOLLOF RICE BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE LOL..

YOU WANNA TRY ME ABI OYA CHECK ME COOKING IT HERE:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDppVpjkTng?list=UU7acI0vCWJ_abEhQOm0CmyA

and http://saiprojectscooking..com/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamord: good. Topic.. I pepare. Jollof and Fried rice @ home.. But the taste cannot be compared to. Party own..and I can never get tired. Of. Both.. Hope I could. Learn one or two from peoples post
check my blog to see how to make Party Jollof rice:- http://saiprojectscooking..com/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html or on my Youtube page:-

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rubyrose: Please what's the native name for bay leaf?
Or pix to know what it looks like..

Darling this is what Bay leaves look like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
kingston247: I am a very good cook and I use to wonder how come I cook my jellof rice at home and it never never taste like DAT party jellof rice.even though I tried all d recipe mentioned above its never the same...but until I tried something new....and dats the secret.......

Its simply the pot used....
The party rice pot its not same like the one at home..

Trust me the party jollof rice I cook at home is the same as in parties:-

http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
alaladakosta:
Now

GOOD IDEA LETS GO !!!
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2014

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT METHODS OF COOKING JOLLOF RICE.. LETS SHARE OUR TIPS AND SECRETS TO THAT PARTY JOLLOF RICE THAT WE ALL CRAVE WHEN WE GET TO NIGERIAN PARTIES smiley

- www.saiprojectscooking..com
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by iamord(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects: check my blog to see how to make Party Jollof rice:- http://saiprojectscooking..com/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html or on my Youtube page:-
wow..am. Glad. To. See a Page like. this.. book marked already!..meanwhile can have the plate of rice !! It mouth watering!!!
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamord: wow..am. Glad. To. See a Page like. this.. book marked already!..meanwhile can have the plate of rice !! It mouth watering!!!

Iamord yes you can have a plate of my Jollof rice, just go on my Youtube page or my blog and you can feel the taste of the food lol :-)

Thank you for bookmarking my post ;-) smiley
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by iamord(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects:

Iamord yes you can have a plate of my Jollof rice, just go on my Youtube page or my blog and you can feel the taste of the food lol :-)

Thank you for bookmarking my post ;-) smiley
. U welcome.. I also love the way u packaged it on The plate. Its so. Appealing.your site is really resourceful, but I wish you also included pictorial tutorials. In the meat pie topic. It did come out nice tho..
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamord: . U welcome.. I also love the way u packaged it on The plate. Its so. Appealing.your site is really resourceful, but I wish you also included pictorial tutorials. In the meat pie topic. It did come out nice tho..
. Thank you very much my dear for pointing the meat pie out to me, I will try and re-post the meat pie and paste the pictorial pictures hopefully by next week. Thanks smiley
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by iamord(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects: . Thank you very much my dear for pointing the meat pie out to me, I will try and re-post the meat pie and paste the pictorial pictures hopefully by next week. Thanks smiley
okay..looking foward to Seeing it .ill also try to work on the. Rice tuts..

And that Grilled Plantain
stuffed with Scrambled Eggs !!!! its off. The. Hook
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by dimdim001(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2014

Na d firewood dey mke am get dat "party" taste
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamord: okay..looking foward to Seeing it .ill also try to work on the. Rice tuts..

And that Grilled Plantain
stuffed with Scrambled Eggs !!!! its off. The. Hook
... lol thanks bro everyone loves that Plantain ehn chaiiiiiii....

www.saiprojectscooking..com
www.youtube.com/saioladeji

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Rubyrose: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects:

Darling this is what Bay leaves look like
Thanks dear but does it not have a native name? I don't think the market women will know it by this name..
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rubyrose:
Thanks dear but does it not have a native name? I don't think the market women will know it by this name..

hmm to be honest i'm not sure if it has a yoruba name; i doubt it very much darling...
www.saiprojectscooking..com
www.youtube.com/saioladeji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home / Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.