Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Is Love The Key In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love The Key In Relationships (577 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Love The Key In Relationships by dapyd1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
A lot has been said about how one cannot go into relationship without 'loving' the other person. But I wanna ask; is love really the key. Ask most couples on the brink of divorce and they'll tell you they still love each other. So what exactly is the issue?
I believe that as much as Love is a key ingredient in relationships (especially marriages), there are other things that are (if not more) important that one must take into consideration.
1. Friendship: marry your (best) friend and there is a very high chance you are set up for life. A lot of ladies, especially in this part of the world, will retort; I can't marry him, he is my friend. Who do you want to marry? your enemy? Marrying someone you are friends with aids communication, increases comfortability, outlasts emotional love, breeds trust etc
2. Convictions: You have to be convinced about the person in that relationship. You will always meet better, more beautiful, more intelligent people. But when you've convinced yourself that I'm gonna stick with this person, flaws and all, then you are on your way.
3. Compromise: I hate onions. She can't eat food without onions. What happens? This is a scenario of little things that play out in relationships. Compromise is a key part of relationship. One person has to sacrifice on some issues while the other will in others. This is very key, so that one person doesn't seem bitter while the other is overbearing.
4. Understanding: You just have to understand your partner. This is what most men fail to do after marriage. You think you have known all about your partner during courtship? After 20 to 30 years of been brought up apart. Why does she react to things like that. why isn't He sensitive. These and more are questions you will answer for the rest of your lives.

5. Trust: this also is key. No matter what you hear or feel. You have to trust this person until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt. This will save you heartaches and a feeling of insecurity. Don't go searching through his phone records at the slightest provocation. I am not saying not to trust your intuition but please trust your partner. If you don't, you have no business in that relationship.
Re: Is Love The Key In Relationships by Wolison(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol...see jamb question ooo!!! Well, my answer is NO
Re: Is Love The Key In Relationships by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP
love is not THE key but a very important ingredient for a successful r/ship.....other ingredients are TRUST/RESPECT/HONESTY/COMPANIONSHIP and UNDERSTANDING. a r/ship without love is like a car without an engine, it can seemingly roll down the hill like all is good, but its bound to reach a dead end soon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wife Wants Donated Kidney To Husband To Save His Life Back After He Dumps Her / If Women Are Interested They Will Throw Themselves At You. True Or False? / What Makes Men Attractive To Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.