Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (5083 Views)

Olakunle Taiwo: 'How ‘sagay’ Interview Ruined My Honeymoon' / Jonathan Has Ruined The Economy, APC Governors Cry Out / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 28, 2014
I AM ON THE VERGE OF TEARS RIGHT NOW COS OF WHAT FIRST BANK HAS COST ME.
I AM SUPPOSED TO BE IN U.S. ON FRIDAY AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK A FLIGHT WITH MY FIRST BANK MASTER CARD.
WHEN I COLLECTED THE CARD, I CHANGED THE PASSWORD AND I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO REGISTER IT ONLINE!

I ASKED THEM IF I CAN SHOP ONLINE WITH IT AND I WAS TOLD THAT I AM GOOD TO GO.
RIGHT NOW IS THE FIRST TIME I AM USING IT.
AFTER BOOKING MY DELTA AIRLINE FLIGHT FOR WEDNESDAY, IT THEN CAME TO THE PART WHERE I HAD TO MAKE PAYMENTS.
I SELECTED MY DEBIT CARD AND AS SOON AS I FILLED IN MY DETAILS, I WAS PROMPTED TO ACTIVATE MY CARD ON "enrollment.securecode.com"

WHEN I TRIED TO DO THAT, I WAS PROMPTED TO FILL IN THE "DEFAULT CARD PASSWORD".
THE THING IS THAT I WAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVEN A DEFAULT CARD PASSWORD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

MONDAY AND TUESDAY IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
LORD I AM ON THE VERGE OF THE TEARS RIGHT NOW....

i have to also add that my card has been blocked and that i was never issued the atm card in an envelope.
the customer care gguy printed the atm and activated it for me.

there customer care number is dead.
been calling it since forever
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by lakpalakpa: 2:10am On Jul 28, 2014
Mtscheew....

Wetin oncern me??

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Waspy(m): 2:15am On Jul 28, 2014
Sorry Abi Wetin make I talk?
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by mstik(f): 2:18am On Jul 28, 2014
Pele. i know what it's like to be frustrated.
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by RoyalRoy(m): 2:36am On Jul 28, 2014
There should be a default pin right inside the envelope your card was in when you were given. Tear up the paper and check the inner walls of the envelope you should see your default pin.

Or better still... call their online
customer care number, I believe they work on weekends and public holidays.

Hopefully you are able to make payments for your flight before Wednesday.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by seanet02: 2:57am On Jul 28, 2014
icebeatz: I AM ON THE VERGE OF TEARS RIGHT NOW COS OF WHAT FIRST BANK HAS COST ME.
I AM SUPPOSED TO BE IN U.S. ON FRIDAY AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK A FLIGHT WITH MY FIRST BANK MASTER CARD.
WHEN I COLLECTED THE CARD, I CHANGED THE PASSWORD AND I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO REGISTER IT ONLINE!

I ASKED THEM IF I CAN SHOP ONLINE WITH IT AND I WAS TOLD THAT I AM GOOD TO GO.
RIGHT NOW IS THE FIRST TIME I AM USING IT.
AFTER BOOKING MY DELTA AIRLINE FLIGHT FOR WEDNESDAY, IT THEN CAME TO THE PART WHERE I HAD TO MAKE PAYMENTS.
I SELECTED MY DEBIT CARD AND AS SOON AS I FILLED IN MY DETAILS, I WAS PROMPTED TO ACTIVATE MY CARD ON "enrollment.securecode.com"

WHEN I TRIED TO DO THAT, I WAS PROMPTED TO FILL IN THE "DEFAULT CARD PASSWORD".
THE THING IS THAT I WAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVEN A DEFAULT CARD PASSWORD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

MONDAY AND TUESDAY IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
LORD I AM ON THE VERGE OF THE TEARS RIGHT NOW....
Mr. Man, don't be stupid.
Put a call across to trusted associates, friends and families to ascertain if there is any one of them who can help you make the payment with their own ATM card or probably have a close associate that can do that while you withdraw cash from the ATM and pay the person who helped you to do the transaction.
Make sure you pay after confirmation with your koro koro eyes that the payment has been effected and you have printed the confirmation page.
You can entice the prospective helping hand with something like 5K. Trusted associate only.
Don't let Nigerian banks ruin your dream.
I don't know what the dream is but I hate seeing dreams die down. Wishing you the best.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 28, 2014
seanet02: Mr. Man, don't be stupid.
Put a call across to trusted associates, friends and families to ascertain if there is any one of them who can help you make the payment with their own ATM card or probably have a close associate that can do that while you withdraw cash from the ATM and pay the person who helped you to do the transaction.
Make sure you pay after confirmation with your koro koro eyes that the payment has been effected and you have printed the confirmation page.
You can entice the prospective helping hand with something like 5K. Trusted associate only.
Don't let Nigerian banks ruin your dream.
I don't know what the dream is but I hate seeing dreams die down. Wishing you the best.

smart u.... as soon as i finished typing this, i put a call to my oga at the top and promised to re-imburse him...so i belief he is gonna do it!!
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by seanet02: 3:18am On Jul 28, 2014
icebeatz:

smart u.... as soon as i finished typing this, i put a call to my oga at the top and promised to re-imburse him...so i belief he is gonna do it!!
Better.
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by milkymesh: 5:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Please sent a mail to firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com. check the back of your card and call any othe phone numbers. Its available 24/7. thanks
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Tantoluwa(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello icebeatz. The issue has to do with the enforcement of use of SecureCode (second-level authentication) when doing transactions on some merchant websites. A temporary activation code has been sent to each MasterCard cardholder's registered email address. If you have not been able to retrieve it, please call FirstContact on 01-4485000 or send them an email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com and request that they resend the temporary activation code in order for you to generate your SecureCode which you can then use to make payment. Please check your "junk mail box" as well for the temporary activation code. The SecureCode is a tool for securing customers' funds while transacting online. I hope this is helpful. Good luck and do enjoy your trip. Please be sure to take your FirstBank MasterCard with you to America so you can enjoy seamless transactions everywhere you go! Happy Eid holidays!

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 29, 2014
Tantoluwa: Hello icebeatz. The issue has to do with the enforcement of use of SecureCode (second-level authentication) when doing transactions on some merchant websites. A temporary activation code has been sent to each MasterCard cardholder's registered email address. If you have not been able to retrieve it, please call FirstContact on 01-4485000 or send them an email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com and request that they resend the temporary activation code in order for you to generate your SecureCode which you can then use to make payment. Please check your "junk mail box" as well for the temporary activation code. The SecureCode is a tool for securing customers' funds while transacting online. I hope this is helpful. Good luck and do enjoy your trip. Please be sure to take your FirstBank MasterCard with you to America so you can enjoy seamless transactions everywhere you go! Happy Eid holidays!

the NUMBER IS NOT GOING THROUGGGH!!!
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Tantoluwa(m): 3:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Sorry. My error. The right number is 01-4485500.
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by ijeada: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
I tried activating the secure code but my account was locked. I have been calling the number and I'm told that it will be resolved without 24hrs which has not happened. I have lost money on the ticket I'm trying to get besides the call credit wasted in calling the first contact line. I think Gt bank offers better card services

1 Like

Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by publicenemy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hh
Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by publicenemy(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
lakpalakpa:
Mtscheew....

Wetin oncern me??

Waspy:
Sorry Abi Wetin make I talk?
lakpalakpa:
Mtscheew....

Wetin oncern me??

You 2 are just stvpid.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jonathan

(1) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Reportedly Barred From The UK – TODAY / What If Buhari Does Not Win ? / Prof. Oshibajo Is The Number Two Man In RCCG - Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.