Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone (17190 Views)

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Ebola: FG Suspends Airline Operations From Liberia, Sierra Leone / How Much Is Flight Ticket From Nigeria To Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Na wa oo. I swear, flying scares the jeepers out of me. The phobia is out of this world. I can't sit in a plane without holding on to someone oo. angry sad and all these stories are just making it worse.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by sigmundfreud(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2014
BedLam: I really hate your likes! If god couldn't save the Liberian man and the rest of the over 600 persons, how is it going to save you? Don't prevent yourself and educate your folks, tell them god will save them!

Finalee: It's high time you reconsider cheating on your partner, because you will dieeeeee.....
Bedlam is missing a patient.
I agree people should be rational rather than put everything into the "god basket" but why are you taking out your issues with God on the poor guy?;
There's a bucket list i have for you too...but shutting the
F*uck up will be a start.
PS: WE ALL DIE.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by smileandlove(f): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2014
Why is the hospital under presure to release the man. Sounds as if he was on a mission to infect Nigerians. Was there no symptoms of the disease before the man left his country? And who was asking for his release from the hospital where he was quarantined. Am sure the hospital tentionally did the needfull the moment they confirmed it was ebola, because there is no way they will allow him roam the streets of calabar in the name of ecowas meeting and go back.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by ichidodo: 9:33am On Jul 28, 2014
OXYGEN01: Mumu.Shouldn't it be the vice versa rather since its in nigeria.
Until we get multiple hits then we are still safe.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 28, 2014
It is spread by bodily fluids,that is;saliva, blood,sweat. From what I know so far, its not airborne. If the man didn't sweat ot spit on anybody then its alright. Don't panic everyone...

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by sigmundfreud(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2014
The Doctors and Management of the hospital must be commended for their professional conduct in handling this case. They have done a great service to the nation!
Arik airways also deserve kudos for being proactive... Nigerian government should be more aggressive in prevention and preparedness. Europe and America won't hesitate to put flight restrictions on us when the katakata starts.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2014
shoefreak: Na wa oo. I swear, flying scares the jeepers out of me. The phobia is out of this world. I can't sit in a plane without holding on to someone oo. angry sad and all these stories are just making it worse.

Hmmmm...
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2014
And of course, this reactive government is waiting to be advised by an airline, to order the stop of inbound flights from affected countries.

Why, oh why, is Africa plagued with useless leaders?

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Youngzedd(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2014
Good move.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Ehn now. Serious. Now they carrying diseases.
olubukato:

Hmmmm...
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2014
shoefreak: Ehn now. Serious. Now they carrying diseases.

Lobatan... sad
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by blocker: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin I dey bus coming from lagos to the East e get one man we dey sweat, cough two seats behind me and people are complaining, again I no sure wether na Nigerian cause him English get one kin accent. O boy e be like say I go drop for Sagamu.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by BRAV0O(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Superstar007: - Seriously, Some girls are thinking that
Ebola is another Hit song like
DOROBUCCI, they have
started changing their names to
Ebolasexy, EbolaDiva, Ebola Pearl,
EbolaChic, EbolaDuchess, EbolaCutie. Etc... shocked

Abeg someone should inform them
that Ebola na disease o!!... I don talk
my own. cheesy

- So my friend invited me to attend this church programme last night tagged "KOBOKO NIGHT: MY FATHER!, MY FATHER!! THAT WITCH MUST DIE". There was this man who has been coughing through out the duration of the programme. During deliverance session, the pastor started shouting "If you have be afflicted by any kind of Sickness or you need anything from the lord, Come Out!!!" the man who was in his mid 40s went out to the altar. The pastor after reading the bible portion of the man who sat by the pool of Bethsaida asked him "What do you want the lord to do for you?". The man replied "I want to be made whole", the Pastor retorted "What is troubling you?" the man answered "EVD" the Pastor looking shocked said "Mr. Man What do you mean by EVD", the man turned around to look at the congregation and again faced the Pastor and answered "Ebola Virus". Ebola wetin? shocked Before I know wetin happen Pastor shoe dey fly for air, I no no when hin reach main gate, Everybody do scatter everywhere. Naso people dey shout "Chisos!!!", "Not my portion!!" grin
uncle u can lie oO grin
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by lolaluv1(f): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2014
And to think the government has not taken any serious step to contain this....

By now, borders should be airtight and ALL flights to affected areas stopped....

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Toktee(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2014
The bible must come to pass,the word of God must achieved it purpose,read DEUTRONOMY 28 VS 16-66,Then you will know that God is not a man that shall lied.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by bbdd: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
nugeseda: It is within the realm of possibility that the dreaded ebola virus was engineered in a Western country laboratory and guidedly deposited in an African country with the certain hope that it will spread through Africa to destroy our population regarded by the Western country as being too high! In essence,it might be a drastic population control measure by Africa's enemies!

See why Africans don't have sense.
Always conjuring up stupid illiterate comments.
Do you think ebola started today?
It's been there since the 70's
And came about because primitive Africans who you refused to blame eat bats and monkeys.
Natural reservoir of the disease.

Please get a fvcking education

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by bbdd: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Sacluxpaint: It is spread by bodily fluids,that is;saliva, blood,sweat. From what I know so far, its not airborne. If the man didn't sweat ot spit on anybody then its alright. Don't panic everyone...

Theory.
The doctors with their heavy gear that worked on it in Liberia caught it.

The disease is insane
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2014
BokoHaram kills faster than Ebola. We don even forget about birdflu, sars etc etc. Now na Ebola. God will surely see us thru as usual.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by solara: 10:17am On Jul 28, 2014
oladoya: Deuteronomy 7:15 "The LORD will take
away from thee all sickness, and will put
none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which
thou knowest, upon thee".

U ARE A FOOL

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by oladoya(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2014
solara:

U ARE A FOOL
yea i know and am proud to be.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2014
Speaking to Vanguard at the departure wing of
the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in
Lagos, a middle-aged man, who identified
himself as Olukayode, said it was not good
enough for the co-passengers to have been
allowed to go away without ensuring their
health had not been compromised.
this should have been very important.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by dokunbam(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2014
beta

Good news.

Dont add to our problem here
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by glosali(f): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2014
This virus is www.glowysofiscated..com so scary...God help us
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Jamsly: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2014
bbdd:
Theory.
The disease is insane
bbdd:
Theory.
The disease is insane
bbdd:
Theory.
The disease is insane
I think Ebola is airborne if with all the gears doctors wear they still get infected. The virus may have some strains that can go beyond body secretions but maybe not yet clear to health organizations#justmythoughts.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by bbdd: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2014
oladoya: yea i know and am proud to be.

You're truly a fool
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2014
martyns303: Understandable, other countries are likely to do the same towards Nigeria since we have already recorded a death. And Nigerians abroad wanting to visit home should think it out properly cos when going back ur likely to be put through extra checks.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOOLISH GHANIAN
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by bomee(m): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2014
Superstar007: - Seriously, Some girls are thinking that
Ebola is another Hit song like
DOROBUCCI, they have
started changing their names to
Ebolasexy, EbolaDiva, Ebola Pearl,
EbolaChic, EbolaDuchess, EbolaCutie. Etc... shocked

Abeg someone should inform them
that Ebola na disease o!!... I don talk
my own. cheesy

- So my friend invited me to attend this church programme last night tagged "KOBOKO NIGHT: MY FATHER!, MY FATHER!! THAT WITCH MUST DIE". There was this man who has been coughing through out the duration of the programme. During deliverance session, the pastor started shouting "If you have be afflicted by any kind of Sickness or you need anything from the lord, Come Out!!!" the man who was in his mid 40s went out to the altar. The pastor after reading the bible portion of the man who sat by the pool of Bethsaida asked him "What do you want the lord to do for you?". The man replied "I want to be made whole", the Pastor retorted "What is troubling you?" the man answered "EVD" the Pastor looking shocked said "Mr. Man What do you mean by EVD", the man turned around to look at the congregation and again faced the Pastor and answered "Ebola Virus". Ebola wetin? shocked Before I know wetin happen Pastor shoe dey fly for air, I no no when hin reach main gate, Everybody do scatter everywhere. Naso people dey shout "Chisos!!!", "Not my portion!!" grin
i no fit laugh finish.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by myspnigeria: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2014
This is really needed. Nice move arik!!!!
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by ola9ja(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Nice Development from Arik[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by ola9ja(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]Nice Development from Arik
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Toktee(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2014
solara:

U ARE A FOOL
Lunatic,open your toilet to talk against God and see wether you will escape ebola,trial will convience!
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by skyfall: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2014
The person "from above" asking them to release him should have been asked to kiss Mr Sawyer before leaving the hospital. Kudos to the hospital mgt for remaining professional even while under pressure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 PDP Members Die In Road Accident In Benue / How The Economic Recession Is Affecting Travel In Nigeria / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.