Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348147 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2015
doziej84
I did TOEFL and it is not a tough test. You can easily score a 100.
With an MSc, you have an edge in getting admitted to a PhD program
especially if your MS was thesis-based. Factors that are usually considered
for admission into a PhD program are your BS+MS GPA, GRE score, research experience,
Letters of Recommendation and Personal Statement. If you have published a journal, that is
a huge advantage as faculty in PhD programs like candidates who show initiative for research.

PhD admission is quite competitive and you really need to be proactive and be on top of your game
to get accepted and funded.
By the way, most programs would need you to write an English proficiency test like TOEFL or IELTS in order
to determine your eligibility for a Graduate Assistantship position. If you will be getting a Teaching Assistantship
position, you need to demonstrate your ability to effectively communicate your ideas to the students you will
be teaching.*

For more info, join the USA student visa thread and feel free to post your questions. There are lot*
of altruists there who will be willing to answer your questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/280

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2015
Donprada:
sent!
I'm pleading with you for the umpteenth time to kindly modify your post and my mention to remove sensitive details. Thanks for your cooperation in anticipation.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
masquellett:

Jessolu@yahoo.com my Facebook account email address

Hello dear , am new here . Recently decided to relocate and do my masters . And I heard you are the guru on acing gre. Please advice me on materials to purchase and what to do . Should I prepare for toefl and gre at the same time ? Or one after the other ? Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
masquellett:

Jessolu@yahoo.com my Facebook account email address

Abiioctxvii@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanueloluwa(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hi guyz.... Im so happy to finally find a group like this on NL... Please guyz, im intending to do my Msc abroad, either US or Canada... I know i need Gre and Toefl... But i dont know Jack about how to go about it. Ve been postponing ever since becos of lack of concrete Info..... Please.... Can someone please put me through on how this is done? Please im really begging any info so as to knkw where to start and know how to go about this whole thing.
God bless...
My email is bmanuel992000@gmail.com
Phone no watsapp: 08110236630
Thanks in advance
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Well let me help you this way,GRE/TOEFL are just like jamb, postponing jamb means you aren't ready to go to school.Once you feel you are ready,the next thing is procuring the form,for GRE and TOEFL, the form and payment is online.Both should be close to 400 dollars.The next thing in preparing for jamb is buying past questions.For both GRE and TOEFL ,there are several links to download the textbooks on this thread.Next step is going for exams and meeting the cut off of the schools you have researched about and applying to them before their deadlines.Shikena
P.s
You can register for both exams yourself using your visa card or MasterCard,and you can either do both or one,depending on the school's requirements. Dazzol
emmanueloluwa:
Hi guyz.... Im so happy to finally find a group like this on NL... Please guyz, im intending to do my Msc abroad, either US or Canada... I know i need Gre and Toefl... But i dont know Jack about how to go about it. Ve been postponing ever since becos of lack of concrete Info..... Please.... Can someone please put me through on how this is done? Please im really begging any info so as to knkw where to start and know how to go about this whole thing.
God bless...
Phone no watsapp: 08110236630
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good afternoon everyone , I have read the thread and gotten the mail for the gre materials but unfortunately it isn't downloading on my phone . Pls what can I do ? And aside the materials from self study what else do I need. Pls is there anyone preparing for gre and toefl in benin city (gra axis ) will really appreciate a study buddy . Any tips and advise from anyone will really be appreciated. Pls gurus in the house help me out. Am a novice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
Abee86
The GRE is a tasking but beatable test. I wrote the test last December after three
months of prep. You should visit the official site of ets, the company who administers
the test for more info. Also, visit prepcrunch, magoosh and other blogs to learn more about
the test.
I would advise that you have a target score and work towards it. When I was prepping, my aim was
160 on the quants section and I got 162. Do practice tests regularly to appraise your progress.
You can download most of the e books required for the GRE prep.

Read through the pages of this thread and ask questions anytime you have any.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanueloluwa(m): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thanks to you guyz.. God bless una yafu yafu... Will cpntinue to keep in touch. Pls if there's anyone that ve had a success story should pls nkt hesitate to share to inspire us beginners...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
Abee86
The GRE is a tasking but beatable test. I wrote the test last December after three
months of prep. You should visit the official site of ets, the company who administers
the test for more info. Also, visit prepcrunch, magoosh and other blogs to learn more about
the test.
I would advise that you have a target score and work towards it. When I was prepping, my aim was
160 on the quants section and I got 162. Do practice tests regularly to appraise your progress.

Thank you dear
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pascal2young(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
Abee86
the test.

nice quant score boss.....buh d verbal doesnt look like the quant where someone can easily target a score
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
pascal2young:
TOEFL = done scored 100
GRE (August) = scared of verbal reasoning

Hello dear, saw the pm but don't know how to reply. Am a newbie here so don't yet understand how to use naira land very well. I am writing in October. Just started downloading and gathering materials I need . . Will appreciate all the help and advice I can get. Pls send me your email addy as a pm. Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abee86(f): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
pascal2young:

nice quant score boss.....buh d verbal doesnt look like the quant where someone can easily target a score

Dear sir riddy , thank you for your response. Today is my first day gathering info on gre and toefl . I am a little bit lost . Will really appreciate if you can take me under your wing . Can you pls pm me your email addy Am not versed in using naira land and can't seem to be able to send pm. Will really appreciate it . Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanueloluwa(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Pls guyz... I need materials to help me ace my toefl test. Pls any useful text will be greatly apprciated.
Seems you guyz ve a group... Pls add me up 08110236630
Cc: all
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Emma visit magoosh blog and read pages of this thread.
I will add you to the facebook group 'NEW GRE' where you
can download as many materials as you want.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by masquellett(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
abee86:

Hello dear , am new here . Recently decided to relocate and do my masters . And I heard you are the guru on acing gre. Please advice me on materials to purchase and what to do . Should I prepare for toefl and gre at the same time ? Or one after the other ? Thank you
Lol, where did u hear dat! Am just about writing GRE too. Am a learner like u. But u can send blank email to selfstudy@gmail.com and selftstudy.version2@gmail.com.

Cc: Djanja
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
Emma visit magoosh blog and read pages of this thread.
I will add you to the facebook group 'NEW GRE' where you
can download as many materials as you want.

Riddy, pls add me to the gre Facebook group. I don send mail tire to danja. He no free answer me. Maybe he does not like me. Lol. Will pm you now. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 05, 2015
I know this might be a very silly question but I need help. How do you GRE blasters learn (or cram) the words? It's so hard for me to get sentence completion with multiple answers right. Most times, I get 2/3 right but that makes the answer to the question wrong! And those passages are sooooooo boring, lengthy and difficult to understand. cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dicapino: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Fablady:
I know this might be a very silly question but I need help. How do you GRE blasters learn (or cram) the words? It's so hard for me to get sentence completion with multiple answers right. Most times, I get 2/3 right but that makes the answer to the question wrong! And those passages are sooooooo boring, lengthy and difficult to understand. cry

For learning words. Download the Magoosh vocabulary app on Android playstore. Which books are you using for sentence completions?

I would advice you use an eclectic mix of books; Magoosh videos for SC, Princeton review and even baron. Then yu also look at the ETS guide.

I don't recommend manhattan for SC. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
dicapino:

For learning words. Download the Magoosh vocabulary app on Android playstore. Which books are you using for sentence completions?

I would advice you use an eclectic mix of books; Magoosh videos for SC, Princeton review and even baron. Then yu also look at the ETS guide.

I don't recommend manhattan for SC. Thanks
thanks so much. I am currently using Manhattan, Barron and Gruber
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
throw gruber away, apologies to the gruber fans.
Fablady:
thanks so much. I am currently using Manhattan, Barron and Gruber

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by djmakson(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2015
sirRiddy:
throw gruber away, apologies to the gruber fans.

sirRiddy how far?

To the house, please I am having issue in sending my GRE scores. Once I log into my account I click on 'send scores' and then a page comes up where I am being asked to put my appointment number, exam date, and my email which I did but it keeps telling me that the details do not match the records. I have tried it endlessly. Even sent them emails and they are yet to respond since Monday.

Anybody having a similar experience here?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
Check all your details well, you are likely making a mistake with the info you are giving.
djmakson:

To the house, please I am having issue in sending my GRE scores. Once I log into my account I click on 'send scores' and then a page comes up where I am being asked to put my appointment number, exam date, and my email which I did but it keeps telling me that the details do not match the records. I have tried it endlessly. Even sent them emails and they are yet to respond since Monday.

Anybody having a similar experience here?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by djmakson(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thanks brother. I later received their response to my mail. They gave me my details and then I realised I made a slight mistake in my username. It's been resolved.

sirRiddy:
Check all your details well, you are likely making a mistake with the info you are giving.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 3:39am On Aug 18, 2015
God i missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To say i have been busy is an understatement. My schedule has been extremely punishing. But thank God, am in the us now. Life over here na "big big". I have so much gist for you guys. Its good to be back though. I'll be updating the thread asap.

11 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Glad to know you are settling well bro. Expecting your update.
DanjaNinja:
God i missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To say i have been busy is an understatement. My schedule has been extremely punishing. But thank God, am in the us now. Life over here na "big big". I have so much gist for you guys. Its good to be back though. I'll be updating the thread asap.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2015
Good to know you are doing great over there......we always look forward to your updates shocked
DanjaNinja:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Enjoy your stay!!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
sirRiddy:
Glad to know you are settling well bro. Expecting your update.
Sir Riddy, pls add me again na to the Facebook group. I don beg you tire. cry

Update****** please ignore the request. I was having trouble with my Facebook account. I have rectified it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please has anyone here used WES for transcript evaluation from Nigeria?

One of the required document for the transcript evaluation is a copy of candidate's degree certificate which is supposed to be sent to WES by the candidate concerned. Please who know the proper means through which the candidate sends such certificate to WES: uploading to WES online or sending the hard copy by post

Please, kindly assist with an urgent response.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.