Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350869 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dicapino: 4:46am On Sep 05, 2015
sirRiddy:
throw gruber away, apologies to the gruber fans.

what about that barron...it makes the test look easy cheesy
sirRiddy:
throw gruber away, apologies to the gruber fans.

what about that barron...it makes the test look easy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2015
Lol @dicapino
Person just dey get most of their questions come dey get false confidence. Thank God for people like ebdib abd horayce wey allow make person know reality.
Nova, manhattan and ets sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2015
SirRiddy
Thanks boss, I have saved the number. Your post actually nailed it and that's just the blunt truth. I have actually talked with some prof and they told me direct that they don't have funding at the moment and that I should contact them later in the year. Another ish about those top school is that most of them require GRE subject test... which I don't have the money and time to write.
well, I am applying mostly for PHD program with research in cancer studies.. then I have one MSc program in biology as safety.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by handlernoni: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
My email for d facebook group invitation: adekola306@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Walexwal: 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
please did me to the group crowncomehome@Facebook.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
@Paulbet, thanks for taking time out to share your experience on the GRE. Best of luck with admission

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks bro
rogerdavid:
@Paulbet, thanks for taking time out to share your experience on the GRE. Best of luck with admission

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 2:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Guys, for GRE, how do someone who is ridiculously poor at Mathematics perform relatively well in it? And do we have anyone here who used Magoosh premium plan to prepare for GRE? SirRiddy, where art thou? Suggestions please.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 07, 2015
godG
If by relatively well, you mean scoring above 152, then it is attainable if the person does at least three months of focused prep. Manhattan is the best resource for the Quant part. The book of strategies properly dissect every aspect of the test, underscoring the most critical aspects test takers overlook. There are about 8 of these books.
Also, the person should also read the ETS official guide and solve questions from the ETS Quant books. Intermittent practice tests would help determine the rate of progress.
If he has the money, he should go for the magoosh premium. No other prep coy comes close to those guys. He should download the app too so he can prep on the go.
Practice is the way to go. Practice, make mistakes, identify the source of mistakes, find ways not make them again and watch your Quant score soar.

Drink lots of beer too grin grin grin
Mo n sere ni o. How Madison now?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 3:12am On Sep 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
godG
If by relatively well, you mean scoring above 152, then it is attainable if the person does at least three months of focused prep. Manhattan is the best resource for the Quant part. The book of strategies properly dissect every aspect of the test, underscoring the most critical aspects test takers overlook. There are about 8 of these books.
Also, the person should also read the ETS official guide and solve questions from the ETS Quant books. Intermittent practice tests would help determine the rate of progress.
If he has the money, he should go for the magoosh premium. No other prep coy comes close to those guys. He should download the app too so he can prep on the go.
Practice is the way to go. Practice, make mistakes, identify the source of mistakes, find ways not make them again and watch your Quant score soar.

Drink lots of beer too grin grin grin
Mo n sere ni o. How Madison now?

Boss! Thank you! Madison is good o. Hot weather today. I need a wife, winter will be brutal. cheesy How do one get the "book of strategies"?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 07, 2015
grin
godG:

Boss! Thank you! Madison is good o. Hot weather today. I need a wife, winter will be brutal. cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 3:33am On Sep 07, 2015
godG:

How do one get the "book of strategies"?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
godG:

Boss! Thank you! Madison is good o. Hot weather today. I need a wife, winter will be brutal. cheesy How do one get the "book of strategies"?
there is a Facebook group that most of us here belong to. It has all the book of strategies and even more. I just need to add your friend to it using his or her(more likely) grin email address
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
there is a Facebook group that most of us here belong to. It has all the book of strategies and even more. I just need to add your friend to it using his or her(more likely) grin email address

Friend ke. Na me na. I never said friend. cheesy I wan use d thing try PhD ni. cheesy

U know my Facebook add na. Sent my email to your WhatsApp
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ooh, I never knew you were the one. I will add you immediately.
godG:

Friend ke. Na me na. I never said friend. cheesy I wan use d thing try PhD ni. cheesy

U know my Facebook add na. Sent my email to your WhatsApp
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
Ooh, I never knew you were the one. I will add you immediately.

Thanks, baba mi.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
@Paulbet, can you receive a private message? If yes, how please? Because I tried sending a mail to you but that option didn't work.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by marqueetim(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please I need your scope on AW. how did you approach it. Did u focus on giving many point or in buttressing your point? what was ur essay length
bamjay:
aite...i did the GRE.scores were not so impressive but wanted to drop this here.
AW-4.5
VR-154
QR-153
i didn't study for long(less than two months) so i know the scores could have been better.
i used a lot of materials doing the short study period and wld b glad to entertain questions.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
rogerdavid:
@Paulbet, can you receive a private message? If yes, how please? Because I tried sending a mail to you but that option didn't work.
you are not getting my moniker correct. It's paulbets
and yes I got ur pm
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pranavpower: 3:47am On Sep 08, 2015
Hey
My Gre score was 295 and I was very disappointed by my Gre score but after that My friend suggested me to take Magoosh Gre coaching.
The videos provided by them were seriously awesome. My score was increased by 10 points grin To score High in Gre you should really take Magoosh Gre coaching. And it coasts only 99$. You can also check Magoosh Gre reviews
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2015
pranavpower:
Hey
My Gre score was 295 and I was very disappointed by my Gre score but after that My friend suggested me to take Magoosh Gre coaching.
The videos provided by them were seriously awesome. My score was increased by 10 points grin To score High in Gre you should really take Magoosh Gre coaching. And it coasts only 99$. You can also check Magoosh Gre reviews
How many months did you do the video coaching. 1or3.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lannister: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2015
Hi all. I'm having trouble paying for GRE I've registered with PayPal using my first bank and it's not just working out. I was hoping someone buy give a certain way to make payment today as I plan to write the exam on Friday .... URRGENT!! !!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by marqueetim(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2015
av u don confirmation of your paypal account? the one they will withdraw money from your account and send you a code to confirm its your account.
Lannister:
Hi all. I'm having trouble paying for GRE I've registered with PayPal using my first bank and it's not just working out. I was hoping someone buy give a certain way to make payment today as I plan to write the exam on Friday .... URRGENT!! !!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Lannister:
Visa Card is ur best bet.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lannister: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2015
@marqueetim No I haven't... Payments keep returning as expirrd
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by marqueetim(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2015
u have to. find out from ur bank what is wrong
Lannister:
@marqueetim No I haven't... Payments keep returning as expirrd
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kapitain(m): 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Lannister:
After registering on PayPal, add a card (visa or master card). You must verify the card - PayPal will charge a small amount to the card; when you receive a message about the debit, a code will in the message. Use the code to verify the card attached to your PayPal. After that, you can make payments easily.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaykad: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hi House,

I heard if you get a very very good score in GRE you could be in for a scholarship and a GA job..how true is this please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by marqueetim(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by marqueetim(m): 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yes it is possible by locating the right school for your GRE Score.
kaykad:
Hi House,

I heard if you get a very very good score in GRE you could be in for a scholarship and a GA job..how true is this please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
@kapitain, get familiar with the issues and arguments pool on the ets website. Try and practice several questions in this short time
marqueetim:
Yes it is possible by locating the right school for your GRE Score.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Please Guys, this PayPal thing, can a verve card be linked with it? And where is the connection between the PayPal account and ETS-GRE payment?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.