Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? (39081 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Obasanjo To Jonathan: Use Your Foundation To Show Remorse For Your Pa / Amaechi Slams Jonathan's Use Of Ethnic Sentiments In South South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
At an event months at the Hilton some months back, i happened to be around the viscinity and when the President's entourage came in, i couldn't help but notice some middle eastern guys among his security team, on asking around i was told they were Israeli security contractors brought in by the late Gen Azazi when he was NSA . Tried to take some picures but a SSS agent nearby spotted me and got me to delete the pics promptly.
Now with the prevailing security situation, How can the citizens presume to trust our much maligned security agents if our president does not trust them enough

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by mstik(f): 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
pics before I comment.....
but since there are no pics, I can't comment

17 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
He does not trust Nigerian bodyguards I think.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by 3kay945(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
undecided
Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by macpetrus(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
Picture or ......
Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
He should be ashamed if this is true

19 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by rozayx5(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thats good, cause IBB and Co have moles everywhere cool cool

60 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by LordVarys: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: pics before I comment.....
Trying to take pics near the president could get you shot or at least maimed.
@op its his right to pick his guards, you are right about Gen Azazi bringing em in after police HQ blasts

38 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by hurricaneChris: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
I would use swiss guards if I were in his shoes! But if he trusts Isreali more, am ok with that. Reminds me of Okonkwo and Ikemefuna

16 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
The Israelis job is primarily threat identification and tech stuff, his primary protection unit is from the SSS and brigade of guards

52 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by sCross: 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
They are better; far better than ours. Simple !

11 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
TheImp: At an event months at the Hilton some months back, i happened to be around the viscinity and when the President's entourage came in, i couldn't help but notice some middle eastern guys among his security team, on asking around i was told they were Israeli security contractors brought in by the late Gen Azazi when he was NSA . Tried to take some picures but a SSS agent nearby spotted me and got me to delete the pics promptly.
Now with the prevailing security situation, How can the citizens presume to trust our much maligned security agents if our president does not trust them enough
pix or shut up
Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: He should be ashamed if this is true
Why? So that you guys would kill him bah

43 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by jking001(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Stale news IBB also used them too when nigeria had no security threats talk more of our present day nigeria guess you are young so might not know,the fact is that they can deliver,efficacy is what matters.

36 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by rozayx5(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX:

dont mind him, he thinks a president is a local Government chairman who can fling himself carelessly with 3 mopol undecided

51 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: pix or shut up
you can't take pics around the president, you could get shot, there was a vanguard article on it 2 years ago, can't find a link, here's another one on a blog
http://kayodeogundamisi..com/2011/09/president-jonathans-israeli-security-is.html?m=1

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
GEJ till 2019 wink

36 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX: The Israelis job is primarily threat identification and tech stuff, his primary protection unit is from the SSS and brigade of guards
What you wrote up there doesn't make sense, but I'm sure you know that already.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by jamace(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
sCross: They are better; far better than ours. Simple !
It is not about being better but that of trust.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX:
which guys?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
Here are excerpts from the 2011 Vanguard article
Indications emerged yesterday that following the August 26 suicide bombing of the United Nations House in Abuja, which is the second of such devastating attacks inside the federal capital territory, the seat of power, President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the deployment of Israeli Security experts to supervise the security of Aso Rock.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the decision of the President which was deliberated at length by the National Security Council headed by the National Security Adviser, General Owoye Andrew Azazi, Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petirin, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar, DG SSS, Mr. Ekpeyong Ita, Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim and the Chief of Naval staff, Vice Admiral Ola Sahad Ibrahim, was eventually agreed upon as terrorism attacks have shown that international cooperation was needed to tackle the threat.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-jonathan-gets-israeli-protection/

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Excerts from the 2011 vanguard article
Indications emerged yesterday that following the August 26 suicide bombing of the United Nations House in Abuja, which is the second of such devastating attacks inside the federal capital territory, the seat of power, President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the deployment of Israeli Security experts to supervise the security of Aso Rock.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the decision of the President which was deliberated at length by the National Security Council headed by the National Security Adviser, General Owoye Andrew Azazi, Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petirin, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar, DG SSS, Mr. Ekpeyong Ita, Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim and the Chief of Naval staff, Vice Admiral Ola Sahad Ibrahim, was eventually agreed upon as terrorism attacks have shown that international cooperation was needed to tackle the threat.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-jonathan-gets-israeli-protection/

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by atlwireles: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
Having seen the president arrive at several events before. Not once, I have noticed middle eastern looking men around him, just black people.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: What you wrote up there doesn't make sense, but I'm sure you know that already.
how so?
Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
rozayx5: Thats good, cause IBB and Co have moles everywhere cool cool
Jonathan and IBB have actually been chummy lately, NSA Dasuki and DefMin Gusau are IBB boys

7 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
atlwireles: Having seen the president arrive at several events before. Not once, I have noticed middle eastern looking men around him, just black people.
Maybe events outside Abuja and the villa but his Israeli bodyguards acccompany him fir any event in the capital at least

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by emmansy(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
No b today yansh dey back......
Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX: The Israelis job is primarily threat identification and tech stuff, his primary protection unit is from the SSS and brigade of guards
You sound so cocksure like you work in the Villa..
@OP its remains his prerogative to choose his guards at close quarter, its his life at stake

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by ukeleh: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
let him gather security from all over the word around himself. when boko haram finish everybody in nigeria, he will live alone in the country.

13 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by ogtavia(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: pics before I comment.....

U sha wan show urself abii?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by proudly233: 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
ukeleh: let him gather security from all over the word around himself. when boko haram finish everybody in nigeria, he will live alone in the country.

grin Only me n him will live in the country.

12 Likes

Re: Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? by mstik(f): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
are you alright?
ogtavia:

U sha wan show urself abii?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" / Man Arrested For Spying On High Way to Grace Assembly Church In Nsukka (Photo) / Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.