Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Imo Gov Faces Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Gov Faces Impeachment (2358 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment / Imo Gov.election Result Live / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by uken73(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2014

…Imo lawmakers vow to impeach Okorocha
…No such thing, says Owelle’s aide

Barely two weeks after the impeachment of Adamawa State Governor Murtala Nyako and the sack notice given to Nasarawa State Governor Tanko Al-Makura a week ago, both of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), their colleague in Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha is being threatened to be removed by the state lawmakers.

In Al-Makura’s case, the House of Assembly has asked the state’s Chief Judge, Justice Suleiman U. Dikko to raise a seven-member panel to investigate alleged allegations of misconduct against him, he did that at the weekend.

In Imo State also at the weekend, there was tension as members of the Assembly vowed to commence impeachment proceedings against Owelle Okorocha for allegedly with­holding their entitlements since he became governor in 2011.

A competent source told Daily Sun at the weekend that the state legisla­tors who are scheduled to return on September 9 are spoiling for a show­down with Governor Okorocha if he fails to pay them the arrears of their entitlements of about N420million, The lawmakers said they would have no choice, but to commence Okoro­cha’s impeachment.

According to the source, the lawmakers held another meeting last Friday where they resolved to use any legal means including the threat of impeachment to force Governor Okorocha pay them.

“At the last meeting of the lawmak­ers last Friday, July 25, they resolved that they must use whatever legal means to collect their entitlements which Governor Okorocha has refused to pay them since he assumed office in 2011 in the name of Rescue Mission. Before this time, the legislators have made several appeals to the governor through the leadership of the House that lawmakers have to be paid their allowances and the alleged slashing of their salaries by the governor to fund his free education programme since 2011”.

Although, the Speaker, Hon. Benjamin Uwajimogu and his deputy, Donatus Ozoemena, were said not to be part of the alleged plan by the 24 out of the 26 lawmakers excluding Oguta constituency where election matter is still pending in court, the lawmakers were united in their resolve to impeach Okorocha.

They have also vowed not to accept any payment which is not cash and they are also determined to equally impeach the Speaker should he stand on their path.

“If the Speaker stands in the way, he is going to be bulldozed along with the governor, anything short of cash will not be acceptable” the source said.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Hon. Acho Ihim, has dismissed the alleged impeachment plot, describing it as baseless and malicious.

He, however, confirmed the dispar­ity in the salary of the current lawmak­ers and their predecessors.

He said, “during the administration of Chief Ikedi Ohakim, the House took a loan and it was deducted monthly from the salaries of lawmak­ers, so when we came in, the Clerk of the House was changed and a new one who was not properly briefed about the loan repayment, started paying with the records he met on ground.

According to him, when it was discovered, we quickly wrote the governor, who promised to intervene and he has done that. For instance, we were paid normal salary in June. The governor is ready to pay, all he is ask­ing for is a little time because the mon­ey is much. It is about N18 million per lawmaker. It is true that there could be agitation, but it has not amounted to impeaching anybody”.

Similarly, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, Senior Special Assistant (Media) to Okorocha, dismissed the allegation, saying the governor has a cordial relationship with members of the As­sembly.

“How can it be true, there is no such thing, you can verify from the Assem­bly members, the state government has a good working relationship with them and I don’t think anybody is plotting any impeachment, for what, on a gov­ernor who is performing, it is not true my brother,” Onwuemeodo said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=74117

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
The Latest trend in naija politics
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by jking001(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Alhaji Rochas Okorocha good as gone except you do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by macpetrus(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hmmm..
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
=
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by shizzleStar: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
they should simply walk the talk, no time

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by meforyou1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ayotolla cockroachas Okorocha deserves to be impeached immediate. That fraud and unperforming man has to be booted out of imo state govt house

4 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nctrice(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Imo state Law Makers must be really silly !

1 Like

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by bIoodykiller: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nctrice: Imo state Law Makers must be really silly !

Sharap

5 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nctrice(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
bIoodykiller:

Sharap
See one of them! You Must be Silly! How dare you quote my Comment when you've not lost you Nincompoop status ?
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Toktee(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nctrice: See one of them! You Must be Silly! How dare you quote my Comment when you've not lost you Nincompoop status ?
Don't mind the fools,let them continue ranting,if the story is true,since rochas assumed office,how were they managing their homes since he was not paying them?
Parasites.
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by bIoodykiller: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nctrice: See one of them! You Must be Silly! How dare you quote my Comment when you've not lost you Nincompoop status ?
Your mother is mad and a harlot

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
THIS IS CLEARLY THE SEASON OF IMPEACHMENT cheesy
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by dagentility(f): 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Chai Rochas, u see ya life. Sabo
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Descartes: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Toktee: Don't mind the fools,let them continue ranting,if the story is true,since rochas assumed office,how were they managing their homes since he was not paying them?
Parasites.
Alhaji Abdulkareem Idris Okorocha Must Go!! cool

6 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by bestman09(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
When the impeachment starts now, he will say that it is PDP or GEJ wish hunting him instead of admitting his failures. Okorocha, am not your fan but i advice you to settle them before they unsettle you.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by poiZon: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
i dey OBSERF.
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by chinolization: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
The criminal okorosha should be impeached. He has borrowed over 200billion within just 3yrs with nothing on the ground to show for it.. grin

Descartes: Alhaji Abdulkareem Idris Okorocha Must Go!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Descartes: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
chinolization: The criminal okorosha should be impeached. He has borrowed over 200billion within just 3yrs with nothing on the ground to show for it.. grin

His Impeachment, prosecution and imprisonment will be a victory to Democracy cool

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by chinolization: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
I can't wait to see the silly incompetent governor cooling off in jail. He has stolen so much to be in jail.. cheesy

Imo state has sunk deep into poverty and underdevelopment..lol

Descartes: His Impeachment, prosecution and imprisonment will be a victory to Democracy cool

3 Likes

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nwaoguta(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
where is abagworo?
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Descartes: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nwaoguta: where is abagworo?
He has gone awol wink
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Hmm
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Modibo12(m): 3:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Enemies of progress r attackin Okorocha d workin Governor of Imo state
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by fitzmayowa: 4:22am On Jul 29, 2014
The Fresh Air has gotten to imo...You either accept the fresh air or get impeached...cheesy
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Abagworo(m): 4:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Nwaoguta: where is abagworo?

Mr Chino, seems you're jobless. I think Imo lawmakers will collect your Oga's 100million and nothing will still happen as they will use it to develop Imo further. Y'all should keep dying of jealousy while Imo develops.
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by chinolization: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2014
Lol..I am not nwaoguta..but I will reply u for calling my name. Firstly imo state is the least developed state in the SE, so nobody is envious of a poor and underdeveloped state where nothing works except.....lemme not mention it yet..lol

Imo state under okoro has sunk to the unbearable level despite haven borrowed over 200B but still yet there is nothing on the ground to show for it..the roads are very bad, your people are jobless and trooping to my state for greener pasture to live and survive economically.

We are not responsible for your backwardness and zero government presense both state and federal..lol

It will be a victory for democracy for the lawmakers to impeach that aboki gov who is not even Igbo in the first place..lol

Abagworo:

Mr Chino, seems you're jobless. I think Imo lawmakers will collect your Oga's 100million and nothing will still happen as they will use it to develop Imo further. Y'all should keep dying of jealousy while Imo develops.

1 Like

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by luvinhubby(m): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2014
I told him!!, I warned him, but he refused to listen. He was telling me Igbos are better off with a vice president in himself & APC has offered him that.
Ndi Igbo do not deal kindly with sell-outs & he won't listen. Ask Emmanuel Ifeajuna & James Nwobodo.
I fear for this man, by the time ndi Imo are through with him, he will not set his foot on his supposed father's compound for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nctrice(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
bIoodykiller:
Your mother is mad and a harlot
Your Mama is so dumb she had to give birth to a dumb ass like you! I don't blame Seun cos he can not always conduct a psychological test for everybody that's about to register on Nairaland.com... I for one am ashamed having replied you to this point, I feel I took myself to a low point on this Thread by responding to you! Just so you know! The lawmakers are not suppose to impeach a setting Gov just because he did not pay them their allowances, for crying out loud politicians has done so much harm to this country, they No longer fight for the common man, they fight for their pockets alone! If the lawmakers feel the Governor has been so good that they can not find any evil against him apart from him Not paying them their allowances then they must be silly and I repeat THEY MUST BE SILLY, a common man on the street knows that, that is an issue to be taken to court not an issue to impeach a sitting Governor for!

1 Like

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by bIoodykiller: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nctrice: Your Mama is so dumb she had to give birth to a dumb ass like you! I don't blame Seun cos he can not always conduct a psychological test for everybody that's about to register on Nairaland.com... I for one am ashamed having replied you to this point, I feel I taken myself to a low point on this Thread by responding to you! Just so you know! The lawmakers are not suppose to impeach a setting Gov just because he did not pay them their allowances, for crying out loud politicians has done so much harm to this country, they No longer fight for the common man, they fight for their pockets alone! If the lawmakers feel the Governor has been so good that they can not find any evil against him apart from him Not paying them their allowances then they must be silly and I repeat THEY MUST BE SILLY, a common man on the street knows that, that is an issue to be taken to court not an issue to impeach a sitting Governor with!

at least she is better than your harlot mother who fvcks dog.

son of a harlot
otu nne i
Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
It's just a brouhaha which ll be resolved soon..election is around the corner and they need their money to campaign and run...just like owelle. ..The only difference is that no matter how much rochas pumps into his campaign machinery. ..he's not returning as a governor come 2015

1 Like

Re: Imo Gov Faces Impeachment by Descartes: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
BADNEAT: It's just a brouhaha which ll be resolved soon..election is around the corner and they need their money to campaign and run...just like owelle. ..The only difference is that no matter how much rochas pumps into his campaign machinery. ..he's not returning as a governor come 2015
FIXED cool

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Reasons Why GEJ Cannot Contest In 2015 - CramJones / FG To Stop Fulani Cattle Movement / HUNGER: Otuoke Residents Scramble For Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.