Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63265 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
greatestman: Op why are Igbo arrogant?

Why do Igbo like fighting?

Why is it that Igbo like drinking beer?

Why is it that you hardly find strong man of God that is Igbo?

In Abia one of friend told me that they ever do thanksgiving with beer in a church why?

I learn that some part of Igbo land eat human being is that true?
Indeed you are the arrogant one here by asking those silly questions sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kabba7(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Damalex4luv: As part of the president Goodluck AGENDA for National transformation and economic development for Nigeria, all Nigerian graduates are going to be entitled to job opportunities and #50,000 monthly whether u are working or not. This program is being executed tuner a body known as TAN meaning TRANSFORMATION AGENDA FOR NIGERIANS. registration closes 31st of July and all Nigerian graduates will start receiving their monthly allowance of #50.000 effect from September. Please click the link below to register before registration closes 31st July. http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=59354

WILL THIS #50,000 COME FROM THE STOLEN $20 BILLION OR THE STOLEN PENSION FUND please answer sharp sharp .
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by jookco(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Seun, Mynd44 and, Ngwakwe, can this thread be moved to culture section? Let's sanitize this place. Thank you!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Balkan(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2014
Bab belle people don remove
the thread from FP
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BotherMleeper(m): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2014
The real Truth about igbos

1. They are entrepreneurs: unfortunately they dissipate their energies in criminal wealth acquisition: armed robbery, burglary, kidnapping, gun running, smuggling, prostitut1on, baby factory, fake drugs, hard drugs, fake goods etc.

2. They are peace loving: as long as they can scam/rob/defraud the hosts

3. They are wily, cunning, and patient: all the better to fall a mugu

4. They worship money more than their lives: no matter the violence raging in their midst, bombs going off, shootings, slaughterings, they cling resiliently tight until they mop up the very last kobo swirling in that fiery maelstrom.

5. They are very religious: but they go to church only to secure their material success by showing face and paying tithes, thinking they're playing a fast one on god. However the joke's on them; your Yoruba pastor is the one playing a fast one on you and growing fat on the proceeds of your ritualistic greed and gullibility.

6. They are from Israel/Egypt/Ireland..er, perhaps jordan or Ethiopia. This is confusing: look, this issue is neither anthropologically nor logically proven, but we do know that even though igbos are found only in nigeria (excluding those with fake visas, eg the 'diasporians') it must be accepted igbos are from somewhere. They insist, so whatever right?

7. Igbos are a nation: in their minds, lol. Actually the Igbo 'nation' is a motley collection of disunited clans and villages at each other's throats. Their real nation is Nigeria, where they spread like vermin to prey on their accommodating hosts and send the filthy proceeds home.

8. Their leaders and icons have dubious moral compasses: a rebel leader who led to the deaths of millions, a bunch of thieving political leaders, a lying computer "genius", and an illiterate Chinese car vendor masquerading as a car " manufacturer cum inventor".

9. Pat utomi has a weird nose.

10 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2014
berem: who corrected it and when did the correction take place?
Classical Question cheesy
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Balkan(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2014
My yoruba friend once told me that
he would have been a rich man if
he was an Igbo man. but when I asked
why he thinks so, he could not give an answer.

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Ikology(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly Igbo, Ugwunye(Udi L.G.A) precisely

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by odinma1: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
Igbos are the problem with Nigeria. I stopped reading the thrash by the OP when he said-why are other tribes persecuting Igbos? What a ridiculous claim.

Most of my Igbo people on NL are pompous, have zero interpersonal skills, day dreamers and ungrateful human beings.

Ndigbo are wonderful people generally, come to Awka and see proper Igbo people. Respectful and not boastful.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Opiosko: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly Deltan, Prouder Anioma grin Proudest Igbo! cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 0merta(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
slydog:

Who says Banega is osu? Whether she's osu or not, me am ofe mmnanu, I don't mind, only if she will accept me. I too like igbo gurls,independent and enterprising.
Banega, am waiting o

Check out her Picture in her profile!

Osus are known to be successful and their Ladies, very pulchritudinous!

Isn't she too beautiful to be a "Freeborn"?

Banega, don't bother thanking Me for the compliments!

Slydog, ti oo ba ti ni minimum of one billion naira ninu Bank account e, gbagbe ni pa omo Banega yen!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Awaja(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Am proudly Igbo and I like money like others alleges *,so I must attract d money coz that's d law of d universe,my shouts outs goes to you my#manchy#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Elle780: Do you watch movies atall? They are many igbo movies.
Lemme list dem for u
nwanne murano
akidi
nne ife adigo
onye ntisa
ofor na ogu
ada owerr e.t.c Oga madam talk wetin u sabi

WHY ARE ALL THESE MOVIES ARE NOT GETTING MASSIVE AIR PLAY ON TV?.

NO WONDER NO TV STATIONS WAS DEDICATED FOR THEIR NATIVE MOVIES.

IBO LANGUAGE IS NOT MARKETABLE
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ntyce(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2014
gratiaeo:
Dominate u and urchins u are breeding

That is the problem with your class, the igbos I know dont behave as such.
it's only on cyberspace that people like you rant as such.
have you seen an Hausa man open a thread to insult other tribes/nationalities?
even when it seem they have been the dominant force in government.
Just like the proverbial bird that just hatched two chicks and goes about bragging that it has populated its domain.

Let your achievements speak for you, not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by deols(f): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2014
I hate to be tribal. But I have noticed that the Igbos of Nairaland display a rare form of low self esteem.

Bhet Why?

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1: Igbos are the problem with Nigeria. I stopped reading the thrash by the OP when he said-why are other tribes persecuting Igbos? What a ridiculous claim.

Most of my Igbo people on NL are pompous, have zero interpersonal skills, day dreamers and ungrateful human beings.

Ndigbo are wonderful people generally, come to Awka and see proper Igbo people. Respectful and not boastful.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool
the moment you stop being igbo, your scrotal sac shall shrink into thin air cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Mbediogu(m): 8:32am On Jul 29, 2014
It is great to be Igbo - hated by all yet undaunted. Any trial that does not kill an Igboman strenghtens him in the long run. Let them continue to hate us. Curses dont fell an ox.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Opiosko: 8:33am On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1: Igbos are the problem with Nigeria. I stopped reading the thrash by the OP when he said-why are other tribes persecuting Igbos? What a ridiculous claim.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool
Ya a clown of the first order. Ya Awka pipu ar nt more proper Igbos than ma Anioma homies. Onye nzuzu.

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 29, 2014
please, dont include Rivers state as part of ur biafra or wateva u cal it.....we r nt igbos, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by slydog(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2014
0merta:

Check out her Picture in her profile!

Osus are known to be successful and their Ladies, very pulchritudinous!

Isn't she too beautiful to be a "Freeborn"?

Banega is still a student. I don't know the meaning of that word you used there o. Buh I still don't mind, I love the babe.
So are there implications for marrying osu?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by coolzeal(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2014
Why do trend about certain indispensable or unique set of tribe always develop into ethnic bashing by others wink wink wink. Igbo Kwenu!!!...

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by emmansy(m): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2014
kevinhacker: are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR grin are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR

Olodo rabata, Olodo like, dunno who is teaching u history, that's if you know what I'm saying self... Go back to skl n study your history very well.. May Sango, God of thunder invokes fire on whoever quotes me.. #Peace

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by odinma1: 8:38am On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: the moment you stop being igbo, your scrotal sac shall shrink into thin air cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reply with your real moniker pls. Who banned you? Mynd44 or Ngwakwe?

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ntyce(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2014
deols: I hate to be tribal. But I have noticed that the Igbos of Nairaland display a rare form of low self esteem.

Bhet Why?

That is the problem of igbos on nairaland, they feel they are being persecuted by imaginary tribes.
Who's after them?

The igbos are their own number 1 enemy.
they claim to love Ojukwu but refused to vote for him as president. The poor man didnt even win his state.
Yet they want to rule/dominate

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Chamack: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2014
Opiosko: Ya a clown of the first order. Ya Awka pipu ar nt more proper Igbos than ma Anioma homies. Onye nzuzu.
Don't mind him, the clown nah one orlandoowhore
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1:

Reply with your real moniker pls. Who banned you? Mynd44 or Ngwakwe?
stupid question, does it change the fact that your pen1s will shrink if you stop being igbo?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kei144(m): 8:42am On Jul 29, 2014
I am the end-time man, from Umuawulu, Awka South LGA.

https://www.nairaland.com/1825056/astrology-shtf-fall-2014

As for the osu caste discrimination, it is dying out gradually. However,it is good for people to know that some decisions we take can lead to very long lasting consequences. If a person runs to an idol to save him/her, generations to come of that person end up becoming osu.

Igbo people, end time has arrived. We must minimize our materialism, if we are going to survive the end time.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 29, 2014
oilykid: tell me the crimes the igbos have committed that other tribes in Nigeria have not committed in a thousand folds more the Igbo
Are you denying the fact that Igbos among other Nigerian tribes are more crime inclined. Its a known fact I don't have to start stating one by one
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by nerodenero: 8:45am On Jul 29, 2014
well said as you truly depict your moniker.
Awoofawo:

You didn't realise you have stated the main problem with world as whole!

It is the dominating nature of certain group of races that made the world the nightmare; it is now!

Do not try to dominate other to their injury, cause they learn to hate you!

See what Isreal is doing to Palestine and the western are doing to the black people, the muslim to people who don't share their belief, and soon on. These the root cause of all the unrest and pain in the word! cool

As you Igbo would say "live and let's us live" your over dominating attitude negate that beautiful idiom! cool
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tandj: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Igbo guys treat their women like queen.
They pamper and spoil their ladies.
No wonder oriaku is a popular igbo name given to married ladies. An igbo man don't play with his wife and children.

I proudly give a shout out to igbo husbands and brothers.
They rock.
As in handsomeness and masculinity, they r unbeatable.
Every ladies dream.
Yes o, ha zuru ka emee, inside and outside.
*muah*

10 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2014
CyberWolf: the Igbos does not encourage crime, that's why we always give criminals a lesson they will never forget in their life whenever they are caught in Igbo land.
thanks for accepting that fact and telling us the effort at reducing the trend among igbo people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos) / Official Translation Thread / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.