Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63264 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Awoofawo(m): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2014
tedlawrence1234:

They will still continue to strive and dominate. Igbos are lsraelites, you don't give them shit. it is better to fight and run away so u can live to fight another day and not my coward westerners who are not brave.

But why did Ojuwkù run away at tail end of the civil war....?

To fight another day! cool

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by janykute: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2014
kekakuz: because igbo girls be light skinned, them ma think dem cute.bullshiat.
you paint them black with dem hairy skin then gorilla be fine pass them
me know on in ma area saying lead and lite for read and write disgusting.
by the way 5 man robbery gan be caught last niate there name a follow
chibuzor
chigoze
chikordi
chukudi
chinamdi.

no need to ask where dem a from.its obvious Gas dem criminals.

sell cloth in da day carry gun at niate.
you no come from no isreal.you came from da bush.furking mannerless culturless loveless crime loving weed taking drug pushing ritualists.
bastard bunch.
Hahaha,who let the dog out?

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by coolgeorge: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2014
This is for you all who are slightly tilted to this tribal, religious sentiments. Please answer this question:

In the beginning was there a tribe / religion?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Rapking1: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2014
C troll
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ICHINONYE(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2014
Ndigbo kwenu! Am Proudly igbo! N@ d same time so Proudly Nigerian, I don't suport tribalism, we al neds each ordas to sail beter n conquer d world

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Wadosky(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Can you please translate not all of us read the Igbo language
I cannot because what I said is not for you.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2014
Wadosky:
I cannot because what I said is not for you.

Ok
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by minkawe: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2014
When you go through various posts on nairaland you are likely to cry for Nigeria, because it's becoming hard to see good in one another, but rather bigotry and ethnicity has become the bane of our public views. Great individuals cut across tribes and performers in their various field of play are not limited to any section of the country, we all have our strengths and weaknesses but yet we ought to work around it for a greater triumph. Emphasing on few bad eggs in a tribe does not rule out the multitude of good ones around.
I think instead of this NYSC, part of our school curriculum right from secondary school should be travelling, because travelling is an eye opener which subserves the function of shaping your views. I have been opportuned to see and live in about 18states and that has shown me nobody has the monopoly of either vices or knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Bezed(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2014
a thread is created.. instead of some ppl to simply just read and go..they take time to find something demeaning to say.. I just prefer the Hausas always neutral

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2014
The igbos are great people..all my Igbo friends are great and i can trust them with my life #igbo kwenu....... #proudly Yoruba!

11 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mesoade(m): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2014
1.In last years thread of d worst gorvenors no south-west governor was there bt igbo nd hausa dominated it,nd viewing d comments of dat thread most of u igbos ar in support of d list
2.in terms of education south-west has d best universities d likes of o.a.u,u.i,unilag,futa nd d likes wit a cut-off of 200 nd high rating by forbes while in d east there is no skul wit a cut-off of 180
3. Mst igbos see lagos as london,if u dnt bliv me ,y is it dat in nollywood igbo films if dey wanna start a busines or hustle,dey'l say dey ar goin to lagos(cos busines dey flow for dat place) except in sum few films where dey'l use onitsha wish is no where wen compared to lagos
4.there ar mor igbos in yorubaland dan yorubas in igboland . .nd dats cos ur land is nt as developed as ours ,cos man wil always want to move to a greener pasture
igbo ar unique yes nd dey ar mor superior to yoruba in terms of sport bt proving superiority is other aspects is a N0 NO 4 me

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2014
The hatred of igbos by Hausas and Yorubas in this country is turning from the alarmin and annoying to amusing and most ridiculous.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ayobase(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2014
manchy7531:

Thanks sis....are you igbo if i may ask?

does it change anything if she is hausa or ibibio.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mesoade(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2014
1.In last years thread of d worst gorvenors no south-west governor was there bt igbo nd hausa dominated it,nd viewing d comments of dat thread most of u igbos ar in support of d list
2.in terms of education south-west has d best universities d likes of o.a.u,u.i,unilag,futa nd d likes wit a cut-off of 200 nd high rating by forbes while in d east there is no skul wit a cut-off of 200
3. Mst igbos see lagos as london,if u dnt bliv me ,y is it dat in nollywood igbo films if dey wanna start a busines or hustle,dey'l say dey ar goin to lagos(cos busines dey flow for dat place) except in sum few films where dey'l use onitsha wish is no where wen compared to lagos
4.there ar mor igbos in yorubaland dan yorubas in igboland . .nd dats cos ur land is nt as developed as ours ,cos man wil always want to move to a greener pasture
igbo ar unique yes nd dey ar mor superior to yoruba in terms of sport bt proving superiority is other aspects is a N0 NO 4 me
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BaddieKay(f): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2014
greggng: Ibos re great people no doubt. I love their industrous nature. The only problem I ve with them is how the could regard some set of people as osu outcaste. Their reason for doing that is cultural which is against Gods law.I just pray must ibos will not end up in hell for establishing this evil. On the part of yorubas I hate what the called oru a culture that permits them to take the lifes of some people that mistakenly come back late at nightwhen oru is going on.I would ve been a victim but God saved me. This culture if not stopped will make must people end up in hell.don't know about the hausas except boko haram who will by their actions end up in hell

the osu cast ish is slowly losing grips 4rm my part of igbo oooh,we interact well with them and even marry..one of my kinsman married one.the only reason why some people dont marry them is cause most people who did in those days went 4rm been rich to having nothing but none the less the system is slowly dying

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mekadinho(f): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2014
nwene222: @OP,
You should have taken time to state the history of Igbos/Ibos before writing.
Ikwerre is not and will never be Igbo. If u like reading, you can read about the history of Ikwerre. I like Igbos but to an extent because I see a common disease in all of them especially the businessmen. They all know how to sell but don't know how to retain customers.
They don't go home until 31st December evening and return 1st January morning.

***and so many more.
NOTE: just speaking truth! Not a racist grin
So, they don't go home except on 31st Dec; Na him be ur own headache? They don't knw Hw to retain customers, those r ur problems with IGBO? Hahaha...... Your write-up is d silliest in this thread, Hw old are u? They go home on 31st Dec n come bk on 1st jan.... Hahaha...... Kid shut ur elder brother's laptop b4 u spoil it. I knw u r not a racist, u are just a silly dude.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by minkawe: 10:13am On Jul 29, 2014
meforyou1: The hatred of igbos by Hausas and Yorubas in this country is turning from the alarmin and annoying to amusing and most ridiculous.
Saying we hate Igbos is an insult to some of us who are married to Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2014
500GP: Question: Some people say that Igbo language
is not complete, is it true?
Answer: No language is complete. All languages
borrow from each other. Igbo language is very
rich. It has inexhaustible and rich linguistic
features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms,
sayings, anecdotes, riddles, folklores, etc.

[Igbo
language is one of the major languages of the
world, being spoken by millions of people] - POSTULATIONS

YOUR IBO ARTISTES INDUCE YORUBA LANGUAGE TO THEIR SONG. IT IS RARE TO SEE IBO MOVIE WHICH THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE IS USE
watch living in bondage

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by myspnigeria: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2014
helpful thread
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by lacasa: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2014
Bezed: a thread is created.. instead of some ppl to simply just read and go..they take time to find something demeaning to say.. I just prefer the Hausas always neutral

Gbam! cool
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2014
What is it with yoruba and inbreeding? Ritual, tribalism,fraud/yahOo, dirtiness, bleached up prostitutes,loud mouth, stupidiy etc

eliment: Op. What is it with Igbo and crime

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2014
berem: who corrected it and when did the correction take place?
u will never change
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by oilykid(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2014
kabba7:

He probably was asking of the population into kidnapping ,419, rituals, robbery, and prostitution ? the question is about the igbo and not what others do so answer the question and stop tales by moonlight .
dude,I do not know your tribe,may be you should tell me and let's see who the saint is among the two tribes

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Why was awolowo so jealous of the Igbos that he drank rat poison?

Awoofawo:

But why did Ojuwkù run away at tail end of the civil war....?

To fight another day! cool

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by maestroferddi: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2014
500GP:

WHY ARE ALL THESE MOVIES ARE NOT GETTING MASSIVE AIR PLAY ON TV?.

NO WONDER NO TV STATIONS WAS DEDICATED FOR THEIR NATIVE MOVIES.

IBO LANGUAGE IS NOT MARKETABLE
I am in two minds whether to ignore your ignorance. Maybe you are blind to note that the present Nollywood is of over 75% Igbo content. Why would performers restrict their chances to local portals like the barely watched indigenous channels in Yoruba and Hausa while they could conquer the world via the English-based Nollywood? Can't you see popular actors like Olu Jacobs and Jibola Dabo carving a niche for themselves while playing Igbo-based roles?

11 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Udehpaschal1(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2014
We always strive to be the best,. Not my fault, its our nature. Rep 042

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by prophetone(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2014
dozzybaba:

and when will you stop killing your underaged daughters with Vesico-v.a.ginal fistula. I'm sure yerima is your role model...Ewu awusa. grin

So you're saying they cannot stop r.aping grandmothers. Ok, but what about baby factories
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by oilykid(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198: I would like to know why Igbo women are so beautiful?
Lol,dude every tribe in Nigeria has their fair share of beautiful women when it comes beauty.beauty is not peculiar to the Igbo women alone,the fulanis,Yoruba,ijaws,ibibios and others have their own beautiful women too cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Bonaventura(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2014
jayseehe: I'm an Igbo guy, most importantly, I'm a Nigerian

I'm don't support tribalism
Bro, take it or leave you are Igbo before you became a Nigerian! If Nigeria ceases to be today you cease to be a Nigerian but you will forever remain Igbo.
Igboland, the only authentic producer of the world's best and freshest pammy.

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BarryX(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2014
I think the award for the most insecure [size=16pt]tribe in Nigeria [/size]goes to the
[size=20pt]IGBOS [/size]

Who is competing with these fellas for Christ sakes ?

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Donmichaelz(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
tank God mikel is not yoruba.. hahahahahahaha ...
my gf is igbo if u people like fight and kill urself I am a Yoruba and proud of it.. igbos are unique but DON'T YOU THINK EMPTY BARRELS MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE..

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 10:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Donmichaelz: tank God mikel is not yoruba.. hahahahahahaha ...
my gf is igbo if u people like fight and kill urself I am a Yoruba and proud of it.. igbos are unique but DON'T YOU THINK EMPTY BARRELS MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE..
yorubas also make noise, na yoruba shout pass, the whole world knows that.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos) / Official Translation Thread / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.