Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63270 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2014
I would like to know why Igbo women are so beautiful?

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
dozzybaba:

Why did you respond to that. That guy (odinma) is a proper Nylon-sh1ting Yoruba from muddy village of oshogbo with an Igbo name. He's very popular in the politics section.

Always never respond to such goons. Allow us to the talking. Thank you.

Dozzybaba Nwa asaba ne ekene Igbo n'ile. cool
That guy is a shameless imposter angry

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by elobyobi: 9:22am On Jul 29, 2014
greatestman: Op why are Igbo arrogant?

Why do Igbo like fighting?

Why is it that Igbo like drinking beer?

Why is it that you hardly find strong man of God that is Igbo?

In Abia one of friend told me that they ever do thanksgiving with beer in a church why?

I learn that some part of Igbo land eat human being is that true?

In catholicism and angliclicanism , igbos are unrivalled. Xtianity doesn't begin and end with deceiving gullible people intO Paying tithes and sundries and promising them heaven and earth should they come to churcH.
Check out the biggest reverend fathers in nigeria. Onitsha has the only basilica in nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BrainWssh(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2014
FotherMucker: The real Truth about igbos

1. They are entrepreneurs: unfortunately they dissipate their energies in criminal wealth acquisition: armed robbery, burglary, kidnapping, gun running, smuggling, prostitut1on, baby factory, fake drugs, hard drugs, fake goods etc.

2. They are peace loving: as long as they can scam/rob/defraud the hosts

3. They are wily, cunning, and patient: all the better to fall a mugu

4. They worship money more than their lives: no matter the violence raging in their midst, bombs going off, shootings, slaughterings, they cling resiliently tight until they mop up the very last kobo swirling in that fiery maelstrom.

5. They are very religious: but they go to church only to secure their material success by showing face and paying tithes, thinking they're playing a fast one on god. However the joke's on them; your Yoruba pastor is the one playing a fast one on you and growing fat on the proceeds of your ritualistic greed and gullibility.

6. They are from Israel/Egypt/Ireland..er, perhaps jordan or Ethiopia. This is confusing: look, this issue is neither anthropologically nor logically proven, but we do know that even though igbos are found only in nigeria (excluding those with fake visas, eg the 'diasporians') it must be accepted igbos are from somewhere. They insist, so whatever right?

7. Igbos are a nation: in their minds, lol. Actually the Igbo 'nation' is a motley collection of disunited clans and villages at each other's throats. Their real nation is Nigeria, where they spread like vermin to prey on their accommodating hosts and send the filthy proceeds home.

8. Their leaders and icons have dubious moral compasses: a rebel leader who led to the deaths of millions, a bunch of thieving political leaders, a lying computer "genius", and an illiterate Chinese car vendor masquerading as a car " manufacturer cum inventor".

9. Pat utomi has a weird nose.

NIGGA SOUND PAINED!!!

1. They are entrepreneurs: unfortunately they dissipate their energies in criminal wealth acquisition: armed robbery, burglary, kidnapping, gun running, smuggling, prostitut1on, baby factory, fake drugs, hard drugs, fake goods etc.

4. They worship money more than their lives: no matter the violence raging in their midst, bombs going off, shootings, slaughterings, they cling resiliently tight until they mop up the very last kobo swirling in that fiery maelstrom.

5. They are very religious: but they go to church only to secure their material success by showing face and paying tithes, thinking they're playing a fast one on god. However the joke's on them; your Yoruba pastor is the one playing a fast one on you and growing fat on the proceeds of your ritualistic greed and gullibility.

6. They are from Israel/Egypt/Ireland..er, perhaps jordan or Ethiopia. This is confusing: look, this issue is neither anthropologically nor logically proven, but we do know that even though igbos are found only in nigeria (excluding those with fake visas, eg the 'diasporians') it must be accepted igbos are from somewhere. They insist, so whatever right?

7. Igbos are a nation: in their minds, lol. Actually the Igbo 'nation' is a motley collection of disunited clans and villages at each other's throats. Their real nation is Nigeria, where they spread like vermin to prey on their accommodating hosts and send the filthy proceeds home.

8. Their leaders and icons have dubious moral compasses: a rebel leader who led to the deaths of millions, a bunch of thieving political leaders, a lying computer "genius", and an illiterate Chinese car vendor masquerading as a car " manufacturer cum inventor".

NIGGA SOUND PAINED!!!

NIGGA SOUND PAINED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2014
@ OP I read through your post and i find it informative and i must confess i really do admire the igbo folks in many ways most of my friends are ibo and my wife too is so dont even think of countering me as an igbo hater. but from my observation and understanding of i must be honest the tone of your write -up seems hell bent on proving the opposite you sound bitter and tribalistic, it seems you are trying so hard to prove how much the igbo tribe has beign maligned over the years probably since the inception of Nigeria(Niger Area), you did this by making a lot comparison with other tribes in buttering your fact. Hausa is different from Yoruba hence Ibo is different from them too, but all tribes and cultures are unique in their own way. There is no sovereignty of one tribe over another we are all unique in our individual ways and we all compliment each other one way or the other i.e economically e.t.c

Long Live Nigeria Let us all live as One irrespective of who we are whether Yoruba , Hausa or Igbo together we can and we will do great things.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mekadinho(f): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.
Hahaha...... Best answer ever....

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Wadosky(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Ana m ekene onye nyocharu ma dee edemede a .
abu m nwafor igbo si na mpaghara nsude na udi bukwara onye huru igbo na anya nke uku.
ihe n choro irutu aka bu na ufodu ndi igbo na agba onwe ha mgba buru ihe na-ezighi ezi, ana m ekwu si ka anyi na ahu onwe anyi dika nwanne ma jikooo aka merie ndi ofe mmanu na ndi ugwu, ndi na amaghi chukwu.
igbo ekeleeeeeemu unu ooo!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Anyone that says Igbos are arrogant has automatically diagnosed himself as inferior with deep esteem issues.

If we take history into account, i think the Igbos are humble to a fault.
A people that were neglected and projected to become the poorest in Africa then strived to become the exact opposite. What do you expect their detractors to do...of course they'll lament... grin

13 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by RebelLeader15(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2014
kenny987: I love my nation, the Igbo Nation. Lemme sing:

"This one na my heritage
This one na my culture
This one na my tradition
I dey rep my people
I go carry my language wellu wellu o
I carry my Nation higher higher
Their blessings no dey cease
Their love no dey die"

One love keep us together! Thank God for making me a part n parcel of dis gr8 ppl. Anambra babe talking! Haters...learn to love, u'll certainly be better off for it!
Igbos are better

Yorubas are the best

If you like this ring tone press #

Yoruba, its time to rule your world........

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BrainWssh(m): 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=Opiosko] Proudly Deltan, Prouder Anioma grin Proudest Igbo! Daalu nwanne m oma

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mildteddy(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2014
#Crazily_Igbo
The British said that I'm a Nigerian. The Irish said that I'm a Catholic.
Nigerians call me Ibo, meanwhile

God created me, an Igbo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 9:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Wadosky: Ana m ekene onye nyocharu ma dee edemede a .
abu m nwafor igbo si na mpaghara nsude na udi bukwara onye huru igbo na anya nke uku.
ihe n choro irutu aka bu na ufodu ndi igbo na agba onwe ha mgba buru ihe na-ezighi ezi, ana m ekwu si ka anyi na ahu onwe anyi dika nwanne ma jikooo aka merie ndi ofe mmanu na ndi ugwu, ndi na amaghi chunky.
igbo ekeleeeeeemu unu ooo!!!

Can you please translate not all of us read the Igbo language
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mekadinho(f): 9:34am On Jul 29, 2014
meforyou1: what does being or not being landlocked have to do with us educating you that lagos is no man's land. And we don't lay claim to port harcourt, we own it 100%.
We are bitter towards awolowo's because he was a sabo. Saboteur of the highest order. After ojukwu magnanimously released him from jail, he turned against us. Brought the policy of starving innocent biafran children, abandoned property that made igbos lose their properties all over Nigeria and then gave every igbo man a penny despite the amount of money you have in the bank before the war. And the hospitality Yorubas show igbos is mutually reciprocated. Have u ever heard of igbos having any problem with any Yoruba man in south east or in any part of this country for that matter.
As per the domineering attitude, no apologies, it is our blood.
Another sweet answers, I love this thread die, OP, God bless you for me...

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BaddieKay(f): 9:37am On Jul 29, 2014
prophetone: Honest polite answer for a honest polite question please;

Why is there a high incidence of Igbo youth rapin.g old women aged 60 years and above? It has happened several times here and abroad.

I think that question needs to be directed to the unstable minds who perpetuated d act and not all igbos...Or I can as well ask you why do yorubas like raping small girls even home and abroad(The 3 brother incident abroad comes to mind,where they all took turns to rape a teenager).And from the news u wrote down about their excapes you've already answered the same question u asking...really doesn't make sense.
Proudly Igbo joor #ReppinIMoState

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ak47mann(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2014
What will nigeria be without igbos cool

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 29, 2014
ak47mann: What will nigeria be without igbos cool

An almost empty unlivable space with ragheads as majority.

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by prophetone(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2014
BaddieKay:

I think that question needs to be directed to the unstable minds who perpetuated d act and not all igbos...Or I can as well ask you why do yorubas like raping small girls even home and abroad(The 3 brother incident abroad comes to mind,where they all took turns to rape a teenager).And from the news u wrote down about their excapes you've already answered the same question u asking...really doesn't make sense.
Proudly Igbo joor #ReppinIMoState

But why can't they stop raping_ their grandmothers? undecided

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Rapking1: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Ibos dnt dominate n will never dominate
Who owns dz trend?
Seun..a yoruba man..
8taz u can comment

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ak47mann(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
dozzybaba:

An almost empty unlivable space with ragheads as majority.
Splendid cool

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2014
prophetone:

and when will you stop killing your underaged daughters with Vesico-v.a.ginal fistula. I'm sure yerima is your role model...Ewu awusa. grin

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2014
IYANGBALI: yes even before 2014 runs out
cheesy
Lol.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tedlawrence1234: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.

They will still continue to strive and dominate. Igbos are lsraelites, you don't give them shit. it is better to fight and run away so u can live to fight another day and not my coward westerners who are not brave. Benjamin of Israelites continue bombing Hamas till he accepts he's nobody.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kekakuz(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2014
because igbo girls be light skinned, them ma think dem cute.bullshiat.
you paint them black with dem hairy skin then gorilla be fine pass them
me know on in ma area saying lead and lite for read and write disgusting.
by the way 5 man robbery gan be caught last niate there name a follow
chibuzor
chigoze
chikordi
chukudi
chinamdi.

no need to ask where dem a from.its obvious Gas dem criminals.

sell cloth in da day carry gun at niate.
you no come from no isreal.you came from da bush.furking mannerless culturless loveless crime loving weed taking drug pushing ritualists.
bastard bunch.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Chukky86: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Rapking1: Ibos dnt dominate n will never dominate
Who owns dz trend?
Seun..a yoruba man..
8taz u can comment

Worms brain..

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by britneykyute(f): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2014
grin

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2014
IYANGBALI: above all why do igbo people use clothing materials furniture makers use in making chairs to make clothes?

The apkoche abi wetin dem call am, is actually nice.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by iconize(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198: I would like to know why Igbo women are so beautiful?

cheesy grin
Question for Amadioha...
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by mekadinho(f): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2014
Bashirfuntua: first Lagos is no mansland 2nd Portharcourt belongs to us very soon they'll be claiming Abuja as they're now refering kano as nomans land. Foooolish
Keep on hating, heart attack on d way. Lagos is a no man land, go and die my friend. Cos I noticed ds days dat the easiest way to shut a Yoruba man's mouth, or increase his high blood pressure is to tell him that, "LAGOS IS A NO MAN'S LAND".

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BaddieKay(f): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2014
prophetone:

You ain't making any sense now...

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Rapking1: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2014
C troll...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos) / Official Translation Thread / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.