Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,437 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? (5070 Views)

Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Apatheist:

Where is your Eden-- apart from your Jewish book of fairy tales and your imagination?

How did you know that there was an Eden apart from the Bible?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You say that there was no "geographical pinpoint" and yet you go ahead to mention the names of places in the region. What do you want us to believe? undecided
i mean the exact place...river niger origin wasn't from here but flows past our land...so also the river that parted into four heads flows past some lands,it travelled far. So,when i talk of pinpoint,that is,you can't know for sure where Eden is located.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2014
twosquare:

i mean the exact place...river niger origin wasn't from here but flows past our land...so also the river that parted into four heads flows past some lands,it travelled far. So,when i talk of pinpoint,that is,you can't know for sure where Eden is located.

Why can't you pinpoint the exact place where the garden of Eden was located? That is the question.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

How did you know that there was an Eden apart from the Bible?
I never said that, silly.

Just answer the topic.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why can't you pinpoint the exact place where the garden of Eden was located? That is the question.

i said it can never be pinpoint,even using names of land mentioned can deceive you.that's what am driving at.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2014
twosquare:

i said it can never be pinpoint,even using names of land mentioned can deceive you.that's what am driving at.

But you haven't explained to us why it can not be pinpointed, have you? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2014
Apatheist:

I never said that, silly.

Just answer the topic.

I definitely lost you. shocked
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

But you haven't explained to us why it can not be pinpointed, have you? undecided
because Eden is spiritual...and i gave the example of river Niger above.Or what say you?Have you pinpoint it?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2014
twosquare:

because Eden is spiritual...and i gave the example of river Niger above.Or what say you?Have you pinpoint it?

I believe Genesis 2:8 shows clearly that Eden was a physical place with actual trees and real fruit that our first parents ate unless you are insinuating that Adam and Eve were not real persons.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I believe Genesis 2:8 shows clearly that Eden was a physical place with actual trees and real fruit that our first parents ate unless you are insinuating that Adam and Eve were not real persons.
just as Heaven is a planet like ours and better in making....you haven't answered my last question.
That is on the earth doesn't mean it is as physical as you call it physical. A fallen man cannot sight Eden.Children cannot see it even if it's before their eyes. Our world is a spiritual world,even as at present but something happened to this world of ours in the beginning.I want your mind to travel back to those days.Death took over and tune down the frequency of spirituality to the barest minimum.
Now,the Garden was planted by the hands of God...not created like He did unto others.Man fell from Eden,a place of pleasure and was driven out...ADAM is a spiritual man(with body) who can sight those things you mentioned.For the fact that the Tree of Life was found in Eden doesn't make it ordinary.We're in a lower realm,not as the Man who stood in that place that is closer to the angelic.
Meditate on Gen 3:23 and tell me your thoughts.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I definitely lost you. shocked
Answer your question.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
twosquare:

just as Heaven is a planet like ours and better in making....you haven't answered my last question.
That is on the earth doesn't mean it is as physical as you call it physical. A fallen man cannot sight Eden.Children cannot see it even if it's before their eyes. Our world is a spiritual world,even as at present but something happened to this world of ours in the beginning.I want your mind to travel back to those days.Death took over and tune down the frequency of spirituality to the barest minimum.
Now,the Garden was planted by the hands of God...not created like He did unto others.Man fell from Eden,a place of pleasure and was driven out...ADAM is a spiritual man(with body) who can sight those things you mentioned.For the fact that the Tree of Life was found in Eden doesn't make it ordinary.We're in a lower realm,not as the Man who stood in that place that is closer to the angelic.
Meditate on Gen 3:23 and tell me your thoughts.

Do you believe that the creation account in the book of Genesis was literal? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe that the creation account in the book of Genesis was literal? undecided
it's real not figurative....just as heaven is real,so also Eden....but Eden is superior to the earth,though hosted by the Earth.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
twosquare:

it's real not figurative....just as heaven is real,so also Eden....but Eden is superior to the earth,though hosted by the Earth.

What you are saying is that as heaven is real and we cannot perceive it with our physical senses so is Eden, no? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What you are saying is that as heaven is real and we cannot perceive it with our physical senses so is Eden, no? undecided
that's it...physical senses won't work coz we're fallen men.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
twosquare:

that's it...physical senses won't work coz we're fallen men.

But the Genesis creation account was written for us to understand how all physical processes began. You have to be able to perceive it with your physical senses as well as with your spiritual senses remember that God created us as tripartite beings, that is, consisting of spirit, soul and body.

If the Garden of Eden was to be perceived with our sixth sense (faith) why then did God create a soul and body for Adam and Eve?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

But the Genesis creation account was written for us to understand how all physical processes began. You have to be able to perceive it with your physical senses as well as with your spiritual senses remember that God created us as tripartite beings, that is, consisting of spirit, soul and body.

If the Garden of Eden was to be perceived with our sixth sense (faith) why then did God create a soul and body for Adam and Eve?
i want you to understand this by comparing spiritual with spiritual, don't let us think in this our present state but in the state of the beginning....we fell into a lower realm....if i tell you,you won't believe.Moreover,you haven't commented your thoughts about the verse i gave.
NOW, ADAM has no need for this physical eyes we fallen men now use...(it doesn't pass a stone throw) but the inner eyes of Adam when it was still intact he uses. He can touch spiritual stuffs&feel them with that body,even though the motivator his its spirit being,so this body is just like a glove. But we as of present now have a fallen body. ADAM is the light of the sun(i will explain this later) but we are driven to a lower realm whereas we now compete with beasts. The man that stood in Eden was very close to being an angel,almost made an angel because of what he possess. So Eden can be felt by him,just as angels can feel their world even though it's spiritual. There are trees in heaven made out of spiritual stuffs and it can be felt,Eden was made out of spiritual stuffs&can be felt...because that Man wasn't a fallen guy yet.Man lost something after the fall.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Zechariah 7:14
But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.

That is the Garden of Eden right there before you. The Pleasant land, the Glory of all lands, the Beauty of His Ornament.

Adam was Elect Israel, Eve was non-Elect Israel, the serpent, their idolatrous neighbours, convinced them into idolatry, so they became depraved and corrupt and evil, and they filled the pleasant land with their abominable practices; human sacrifice, violence, criminality, wickedness, greed etc. God warned them severally but they wouldn't heed and repent from their abominations, so he flung them out of the pleasant land.

The Bible is written end from beginning.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
twosquare:

i want you to understand this by comparing spiritual with spiritual, don't let us think in this our present state but in the state of the beginning....we fell into a lower realm....if i tell you,you won't believe.Moreover,you haven't commented your thoughts about the verse i gave.
NOW, ADAM has no need for this physical eyes we fallen men now use...it doesn't pass a stone throw but the inner eyes of Adam when it was still intact he uses. He can touch spiritual stuffs&feel them with that body,even though the motivator his its spirit being,so this body is just like a glove. But we as of present now have a fallen body. ADAM is the light of the sun(i will explain this later) but we are driven to a lower realm whereas we now compete with beasts. The man that stood in Eden was very close to being an angel,almost made an angel because of what he possess. So Eden can be felt by him,just as angels can feel their world even though it's spiritual. There are trees in heaven made out of spiritual stuffs and it can be felt,Eden was made out of spiritual stuffs&can be felt...because that Man wasn't a fallen guy yet.Man lost something after the fall.

There's no doubt that Man is fallen from the glory of God (Rom 3:23). The fact remains that Man is created spirit, soul and body in that order.

When Adam fell his spirit no longer had that link to the Spirit of God, the glory of God departed and he was cast out of the Garden and therefore was limited to what he was created to do. Adam still had a spirit (though disconnected), a soul and a body.

The fact that the glory of God covered his physical body didn't mean he could not make use of his physical senses he just had an additional sense, which was spiritual, it didn't detract from his physical world.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Zechariah 7:14
But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.

That is the Garden of Eden right there before you. The Pleasant land, the Glory of all lands, the Beauty of His Ornament.

Adam was Elect Israel, Eve was non-Elect Israel, the serpent, their idolatrous neighbours, convinced them into idolatry, so they became depraved and corrupt and evil, and they filled the pleasant land with their abominable practices; human sacrifice, violence, criminality, wickedness, greed etc. God warned them severally but they wouldn't heed and repent from their abominations, so he flung them out of the pleasant land.

The Bible is written end from beginning.

Are you saying that the Garden of Eden is figurative? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that the Garden of Eden is figurative? undecided

The Garden of Eden is not Figurative. The Garden is real and it is in the East, where Oduduwa came from. You do Remember Odudwa came from Heaven dont you?

Deuteronomy 11:21
That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Lamentations 2:1
How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!

The Land is now desolate because it is occupied by strangers in what the Bible calls the Abomination which causes desolation.

The story of Adam and Eve is not the story of creation, it is the story of selection. The selection of heaven (rulership, Adam, Abraham) and Earth (followership, the heathenistic and idolatrous people).
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

There's no doubt that Man is fallen from the glory of God (Rom 3:23). The fact remains that Man is created spirit, soul and body in that order.

When Adam fell his spirit no longer had that link to the Spirit of God, the glory of God departed and he was cast out of the Garden and therefore was limited to what he was created to do. Adam still had a spirit (though disconnected), a soul and a body.

The fact that the glory of God covered his physical body didn't mean he could not make use of his physical senses he just had an additional sense, which was spiritual, it didn't detract from his physical world.
that thing you call "additional sense" is the real thing, not this one. Oh,that men may see these things!! That's what He uses...HE was driven out of that "world" called Eden to "till" the "ground where He was taken from." It is a glove,what men uses in the beginning was not this inferior light,light that insects,snail,bats etc. uses.... With time,man became flesh,some are even not flesh now but grass...Adam is the light of the sun,he doesn't need sunlight as we need now to operate or see...he can just say,"shut it out,i don't need your light now." &it will obey him,yet if darkness is around,he will still see as if he is in broad day light. That's who Adam was&how powerful.(i want you to see). So,He can live in,sight Eden&touch the tree of Life. A fallen man can't....an angel can walk into our midst without we knowing,but Adam will see him as he is because of Adam's pedigree....that's where our Faith wants to take us to,even beyond...
So,I repeat,GOD planted it Himself...EDEN Was not of this earth,though hosted by the Earth.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by macof(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

The Garden of Eden is not Figurative. The Garden is real and it is in the East, where Oduduwa came from. You do Remember Odudwa came from Heaven dont you?

That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!

The Land is now desolate because it is occupied by strangers in what the Bible calls the Abomination which causes desolation.

The story of Adam and Eve is not the story of creation, it is the story of selection. The selection of heaven (rulership, Adam, Abraham) and Earth (followership, the heathenistic and idolatrous people).

Pls stop using oduduwa for ur crazy propaganda
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

If you claim that the Garden of Eden is in the East, where exactly can we find it?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare:

that thing you call "additional sense" is the real thing, not this one. Oh,that men may see these things!! That's what He uses...HE was driven out of that "world" called Eden to "till" the "ground where He was taken from." It is a glove,what men uses in the beginning was not this inferior light,light that insects,snail,bats etc. uses.... With time,man became flesh,some are even not flesh now but grass...Adam is the light of the sun,he doesn't need sunlight as we need now to operate or see...he can just say,"shut it out,i don't need your light now." &it will obey him,yet if darkness is around,he will still see as if he is in broad day light. That's who Adam was&how powerful.(i want you to see). So,He can live in,sight Eden&touch the tree of Life. A fallen man can't....an angel can walk into our midst without we knowing,but Adam will see him as he is because of Adam's pedigree....that's where our Faith wants to take us to,even beyond...
So,I repeat,GOD planted it Himself...EDEN Was not of this earth,though hosted by the Earth.

What was Adam's flesh made of? Was it physical? If yes, where did it come from?

God planted a Garden on earth, but where? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by jansie(f): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Scholars say the Garden of Eden, the Tower of Babel were both located in present day IRAQ which is the cradle of modern civilization. is that correct sir?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
jansie:

Scholars say the Garden of Eden, the Tower of Babel were both located in present day IRAQ which is the cradle of modern civilization. is that correct sir?

Do they have Bible references to prove their case?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you claim that the Garden of Eden is in the East, where exactly can we find it?

Read Ezekiel 31, you will find it there. Take care to note that Adam is called Pharaoh here. Elect Israel, Adam, is called Pharaoh, Non-elect Israel, Eve is called his multitude (Verse 2,18).

The story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and how they were cast out of the garden is summarised in that Chapter.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by jansie(f): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do they have Bible references to prove their case?
Gen 2:8-14
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

it was made of earth but that flesh was alive unlike ours and it wasn't flesh(meat) that was the controller,it was his spirit body which engulfed the flesh and empowers the flesh to be able to hold the Tree of Life or Knowledge of Good&Evil...It's that spirit of his that sees and can decipher information of trees,animals and know what they are in true nature.
God planted a garden in Eden...the east of Eden. Meaning we have Eden North,South,West& East...so in the east God planted a massive garden.(Gen 2: 8 )
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Read Ezekiel 31, you will find it there. Take care to note that Adam is called Pharaoh here. Elect Israel, Adam, is called Pharaoh, Non-elect Israel, Eve is called his multitude (Verse 2,18).

The story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and how they were cast out of the garden is summarised in that Chapter.

wrong.That wasn't talking of Adam and Eve...it was a parable to some nations at that point in time...Ezekiel 28 will give you a clearer view&even confuse you if need be.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare: wrong.That wasn't talking of Adam and Eve...it was a parable to some nations at that point in time...Ezekiel 28 will give you a clearer view&even confuse you if need be.

Funny you.

The King of Tyrus, if you study that chapter very well is actually the serpent. The Bible says he was more subtil than any beast of the field (beast of the field here means humans, mind you). Genesis 3:1.

Juxtapose Isaiah 47 and Ezekiel 28 and try to create a linkage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? / If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.