Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? (18255 Views)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
Female suffers most that is why am a successful self employed lady.. Instead of me to sleep with one lame boss to get a job with salary that cannot afford me a first class ticket to Dubai plus shopping I rather stick to my alhaji and minister runz...shio

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by 234GT(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: really? shocked shocked if guys are more intelligent how come ladies like me dey use their head drink garri? I don't think they are wen it comes to moving thing.. If they are it wouldnt have been easy for Delilah to shave off Samson hair. Think again

I am speaking from experience o. When I was jobhunting, I always got to the final stages of recruitment processes. I noticed that only a few ladies made it to the crucial stages.

Samson was an epitome of foolishness! Why give your secret to a woman because of 5 minutes punnany? When the thing full everywhere? No offence intended to ladies o. E joor!

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Flygeriansteve: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Females of course have it easier. They can remain without a definite viable job for long periods and still live luxuriously. Its because parents and relatives are more sympathetic to them.
They can call up this uncle or that big brother and get them to cough up money and other benefits relatively easier than a male can ever manage without being told to quit being a bum and start being a man of his own.

There is less pressure on her to provide accomodation for herself--she could well continue to live with her parents till she marries without getting raised eyebrows for it.

In some cases, she may have to provide for herself, perhaps provide for and reward her parents esp if they've invested heavily in her. Still, she is under relatively less pressure to cater for all kith and kin as a male counterpart will be. She's not expected to finance a relationship. She is not expected to buy flowers, to do much calling, to pay on dates, to propose to her boyfriend with a diamond ring or range rover she bought. No, its the job of the male! And she's doesn't even have to worry about rent after marriage or mortgage and saving up part of her income to buy a house eventually...

Hence, unemployment or underemployment bears more heavily on the male as he has more financially obligations that he fails to fulfil and less avenues to transfer liabilities and expenses to others.

PS: Of course this is by considering the Nigerian situation.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by judedwriter(m): 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
I laugh in spanish grin dis thread is re-di-cu-lous. We guys dey suffer joblessness more dan babes- e don bad so tey na babes dey toast nd marry guys now grin

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by nikolasx: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
98% of grls graduate i knw av jobs....while 99% of guys i knw still struggling 4 a job or managing 2 make a living by teaching in primary schls...
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by chioma4us: 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Both do Its just that pressure is more on the male cause they have more responsibilities in raising their families.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by nikolasx: 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
yamunla: My dearest girls that bleach,if on the judgement day ur face doesn't match the one on angel Gabriel's Laptop..Don't argue,just go to Hell...!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
234GT:

I am speaking from experience o. When I was jobhunting, I always got to the final stages of recruitment processes. I noticed that only a few ladies made it to the crucial stages.

Samson was an epitolme of foolishness! Why give your secret to a woman because of 5 minutes punnany? When the thing full everywhere? No offence intended to ladies o. E joor!
you have a point but in all sincererity, employment doesn't favour women at such in Nigeria. Most private org in naija will only employ single ladies if they want to use them as cooperate harlots. Particularly bankers, insurance coy etc.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by 234GT(m): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: you have a point but in all sincererity, employment doesn't favour women at such in Nigeria. Most private org in naija will only employ single ladies if they want to use them as cooperate harlots. Particularly bankers, insurance coy etc.

Well, I know Union Bank is not guilty of this. The ladies are treated with respect, even right from training school!
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
234GT:

Well, I know Union Bank is not guilty of this. The ladies are treated with respect, even right from training school!
gov Na majority share holder Na that's why...but this new generation banks no send
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Buddhar(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
The Bell of SALVATION is still Ringing, Hearken to the VOICE of REDEMPTION, Confess your SINS and accept JESUS as your LORD & SAVIOR before the END comes. Pls do not Harden your Heart after which cometh DESTRUCTION. Hell is Real,
Gud morning.
For further explaination call, 07039388167. Pls re-broadcast.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Alfred234(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
We all know its the Guys
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by angela98(f): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: Female suffers most that is why am a successful self employed lady.. Instead of me to sleep with one lame boss to get a job with salary that cannot afford me a first class ticket to Dubai plus shopping I rather stick to my alhaji and minister runz...shio
jenny jenny...cough cough..u are too funny. Madam controversy, ha ha grin grin. I got it but try inbox me the venue. Have dey got parking space? U know how C London dey be now. So Wetin be d theme, sekem or azonto?
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jayedu108: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: Female suffers most that is why am a successful self employed lady.. Instead of me to sleep with one lame boss to get a job with salary that cannot afford me a first class ticket to Dubai plus shopping I rather stick to my alhaji and minister runz...shio
u need a job girl.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
angela98: jenny jenny...cough cough..u are too funny. Madam controversy, ha ha grin grin. I got it but try inbox me the venue. Have dey got parking space? U know how C London dey be now. So Wetin be d theme, sekem or azonto?
yes ang. Not really a big thing but small. No shaking..shey Na the number weh end with 4984 abi?
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by angela98(f): 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: yes ang. Not really a big thing but small. No shaking..shey Na the number weh end with 4984 abi?
yes that's it. Try call me make we yarn....not this night o..tomorrow morning from 11.break time things...Shey u get? Keep on rockings.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
I observed many are just responding without understanding the question. Who bears the effect of unemployment mostly between the male and the female gender? Without sentiment it is obviously the male, why? Simply because of societal pressure. It can be understood when a wife is jobless but when the husband is... hmm. For the unmarried males, the pressure of being financially sufficient before marriage is key. For the Christians, a man is considered to be worst than an infidel if he does not provide for his family.

Its the male. CASE CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by tosinhtml: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
MissIndependent: Who Suffers Unemployment most?
From what i have observed, most Females go for jobs that can pay their Monthly bills while the Males want to hammer at all costs. They are the ones that will tell you that they cant start with a job of 40-60k Monthly they will rather wait for a job of 150-300k Monthly. The Ladies on the other hand wouldnt mind starting with less as long as it will pay all their bills at the end of the Month. From this, i think it is the reason some men stay unemployed than the women.

Who needs employment most?

Both Genders need employment because both Sexes need money!

#Fact# cheesy

This is the 100% Reason. Honestly..If i could give you 100 likes for your post, I would.

Nice to see a lady that is Sensible !
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
angela98: yes that's it. Try call me make we yarn....not this night o..tomorrow morning from 11.break time things...Shey u get? Keep on rockings.
noted . will ring u. Shey na Tmobile network ?
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by angela98(f): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
jennylove7575: noted . will ring u. Shey na Tmobile network ?
no na vigin o.. U fit flash me I go ring u. I get contract..
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by jennylove7575(f): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
angela98: no na vigin o.. U fit flash me I go ring u. I get contract..
OK no wahala goodnight. Hugs!
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by tosinhtml: 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
AdeniyiA:
who told you say na fact? upon all d money u dey collect sebi u still dey collect money for plaiting your hair nd for airtime credit from us undecided cool

Any Girl wey dey collect money for Credit & to plait hair from you who is also Working is JUST USING YOUR HEAD !!!

#BE SMART BRO !!!
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by joywendy(f): 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Who suffers unemployment most?

The youths.

Out of the men and ladies in this category, ladies suffer more.

Compared to guys esp. When it comes to formal labour like all this organizatonal work,govt work. Etc Women are few in number for that reason you find them engaging in informal labour like sole trading and the rest.

This are based from facts from the following links
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/unemployment-total-percent-of-total-labor-force-wb-data.html
As for this link. Check out the structure of the labour force and see the difference between the two genders.

http://www.academicexcellencesociety.com/gender­_and_labour_force_participation_in_nigeria_issues_and_prospects.html

You can look at the pic below from the Nbs
Labour stastics from 2010
And there is also a pdf on gender in nigeria report 2012 from the british council which you can read.
You will be very convinced that women are the ones who suffer from unemployment more than men.

Sorry the pdf refused to upload.
You can download the pdf here
http://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/programmes/society/2012-gender-nigeria-report

Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Papertrail11(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
it is the naija girls dat suffer it with their useless pride...its dat time dey will know the value of money...how to talk to pple..an attribute a lot of naija girls lack
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Undoubtedly "The Males"
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by MissIndependent(f): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
tosinhtml:

This is the 100% Reason. Honestly..If i could give you 100 likes for your post, I would.

Nice to see a lady that is Sensible !
Thanks smiley
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by joywendy(f): 11:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
angela98: In Nigeria its the female because of indirect sex/gender discrimination in the society, in relation to employment. Employment is unfavourable to women, Particularly married woman. In the private sector, their are very limited flexibilities for female employees. Only on the public sector which thus have very limited job vacancies.
exactly! I don't know why people are arguing here. Even when statistics shows this, it's unfortunate that I can't upload my pdf on unemployment and labour Statistics. To prove the point.
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
4 9ja, na all round grin
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by Destiny4fame(m): 12:02am On Jul 30, 2014
Both,but I fink male suffers most..
Re: Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females? by joywendy(f): 12:45am On Jul 30, 2014
234GT: Guys are generally more intelligent than ladies, so guys get the plum jobs mostly.

No offence intended to ladies, it is just the fact.
really? Source please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker / Recommend a Smart Online Skill To Learn Pls / Nigerian Army 80RRI List Of Shortlisted Candidates. Screening Begins 2ndDec 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.